What do I do?

Say Yes

Kim Mae Ri

It's official. I'm a walking corpse. These are my thoughts as I gulp down that glass of soju.

"Ya! Stop drinking already!" Jong Suk swiftly took the last bottle of soju away from me.

"Jong Suk-ah, you know you're a good friend of mine. So stop being a and give me that." I said while slurring some words.

"Okay we're going to stop now, being your drinking buddy is already taking it's toll on me." He looked at me and I swear I saw him hide his laugh. Jong Suk motioned towards me and helped me get up. "I'll walk you home, ok?" He said. I nodded obediently while I held onto his arm and barely keeping my walk straight.

We're almost near my dorm when I noticed that Jong Suk answered a call. He turned towards me and held my shoulders as if to maintain my focus on him. "Mae Ri sorry it's an emergency, I have to go. We're almost a few blocks away from your dorm and it's safe here." He said with his eyes fixed on me.

"Arasseo, I can take care of myself. Go." I said while brushing his hands of my shoulder.

"I'll text you later. Be safe and go straight home." Jae suk said as he waves his phone then runs towards the opposite direction.

I waved and said goodbye. I clutched my arms together to ward of the cold and "brrrrrrrrrrggll". My stomach grumbled.

"Well we're in luck." I said to myself as I walked towards the convenience store a few blocks away from my dorm building.

 

Kim Soo Hyun

After parking my car in the street corner, I went out and started making my way towards the meeting place. I browsed my phone while walking. "Why would Suzy want to meet here anyway?" I said to myself. "It's the university area and if it wasn't 3 in the morning, it would probably be crowded in here." I keep on debating to myself whether if this is a logical choice or not. I looked up and surprised myself. I saw a woman in hoodies, face flat on the table outside the store, It made me wonder if she's alive.

The woman whimpered. She moved her hand and wiped her eyes and nose with it. I heard her sniffing. I maintained my distance and stood near the table across hers. Honestly, I don't want to get seen here nor do I want any troubles because if I do, rumors will surely start and it would be a hassle to deal with all that.

She opened her ramen, broke her chopsticks and started to eat the food. The ramen was steaming hot and I was impressed because the lady didn't even budge. She finished her ramen in just a few minutes. She chugged down on a can of beer and went back to face flat on the table.

I picked up my phone to call Suzy, and after a few rings "The subscriber cannot be reached." I sighed and called the number again.

"RINGGG" The lady suddenly got up. She could easily pass as a ghost. I can't just look away. I watched her walk towards the down sloped road helplessly.

"RINGGG" The lady stopped walking, she strides to the side and puts her hand against the wall.

"RINGGG" A group of guys is coming from the direction where the lady is. I could faintly hear their voices.

"The lady doesn't look flashy so I think the guys won't even bother." I said to myself. "But she's alone, and still, she's a helpless woman." I started to feel agitated. My eyes widened as the lady started to vomit.

"RINGGG" "RINGGG" "RINGGG" I pressed the end call and put my phone down. The lady sat in a squatting position while struggling to release all the ramen she took a while back. I lowered my cap to hide my face and ran towards her. "Gwenchana?" I tapped on her shoulder.

The lady slowly stood and turned to look at me, her eyes are teary. She started to lean towards me. I cautiously held her arms and then bam! She vomits on my jacket. My jacket. My jacket... for a second my mind was blank.

"Ooooh. That's going to cause him." A voice said.

"That's why you shouldn't let your girlfriend drink too much." Another voice said.

"Well, that's one way to go to a love hotel."

"Someone's gonna get laid tonight. Uhuh-uhuh! " The group laughed. I snapped to reality and heard the voices becoming distant.

My jacket is a sponsored clothing. I feel like touching the nape of my neck but I couldn't because I was holding onto this alcohol-stricken lady.

"Agasshi, where do you live?" I asked her. There was no response and she's becoming really heavy. I held onto her and helped her keep her balance.

"CRACK." Not expecting any better, I turned to see what that is. It was my iPhone. The, top, part, cracked... "What a unlucky night this is." I said and sighed, "At least there's still display in screen." Comforting myself with my own words, I turned towards the lady "Agasshi, you shouldn't be like this. Especially with a man you just met."

I tilted the lady's head up only to find her asleep and snoring silently.

I picked up my cracked iPhone and asked a question that I don't know the answer to, "What do I do?"