Stay (Part 2)

Say Yes

Kim Mae Ri

After ordering, Kim Soo Hyun went back to me. He gave me a blueberry cheesecake while he bought himself an iced tea.

“Gomawo. How did you know I like this?” I looked up and said to the Kim Soo Hyun. He just smiled at me and went to his seat behind me. I took a bite of the cheesecake.

Of course, I was still uneasy. How can I be calm at this rate. Then I heard someone entering and the cafe staff greeting them. I suddenly heard faint murmurs from the people in the cafe. I turned around to see who it was. It was Suzy and she’s approaching Kim Soo Hyun. She looks so pretty, she was wearing shorts and an oversized long-sleeved shirt. It was very casual but she was shining. You can not resist staring at her.

“Seriously! Yah Kim Soo Hyun. She’s pretty as hell. Even I am captivated, and I’m a girl. Wake up!” I sneakily said to Kim Soo Hyun as I went into a mini panic when I saw Suzy a few steps away from him.

“Soo Hyun-ah. You finally answered my call. Has it been a week... or two?” She greeted Kim Soo Hyun and took a seat. I wanted to see what they’re doing while being inconspicuous. Then I saw the window reflection on my right. It was blurry but I can see what’s happening. I quietly listened while pretending to drink and just look around.

“It really has been a while.” Kim Soo Hyun half-heartedly smiled at Suzy.

“So what have you been up to? Soo Hyun-ah, congratulations on your drama.” She smiled sweetly at Kim Soo Hyun.

“Suzy, I’ll cut to the chase.” Kim Soo Hyun gathered all up his strength with a deep breathe, “I’m breaking up with you.”

“Bwoh?! We’re not even a minute from talking to each other and you’re saying this? Are you this eager to break up?” Suzy’s shoulders fell. “Who is she? Is she so great that you’re breaking up with me?” She continued to ask, she was obviously riled up.

Kim Soo Hyun couldn’t say anything. His eyes were downcast.

“Soo Hyun, I know I’ve not been the best girlfriend out there-” She was immediately cut.

“Stop it Soo-ji.” He slowly looked to Suzy. Soo-ji? It must be her real name. “I know about you and Sung Joon.” He added.

Suzy’s eyes blinked in surprise. She was stunned. “F-fine, if you want it that badly. Then go ahead, let’s break up.” She stuterred but struggled to act calm. “And Sung Joon and I were just in a party. It was never anything beyond that.  You know I love... you.” I gasped at what she said.

“Suzy, it’s no use. I know how you are with Sung Joon. You don’t need to explain. We tried-“

“Stop!” Suzy quickly stood up. “I don’t need to hear anymore. At least let me have a graceful exit.” Her voice was shaking. With her pride torn and her heart confused, Suzy made her way out of the cafe.

We were silent for 15 minutes. Kim Soo Hyun was just looking down. I grew worried of him.

“Soo Hyun-ssi?” I asked as I softly knock the back of my head to his. “Are you okay? I knew you really liked her.”

“I’m good. I’ve been thinking about it for a while too. You know, breaking up with her.” He was looking up.

“Yah! Kim Soo Hyun! Seriously, what has gotten into you? Why the hell do you want to be date me? Suzy was so pretty! Did your head get damaged in the punch?!” I asked as I bit my lip.

“’Ah yes, it was probably the punch."  He said with sarcasm.  "As for you, It's beause you’re loud, you’re messy, you try to be gangnam chick when you really fail at it-“ He said in a playful but low tone.

“Yah! Stop it. Just a few wrong words and I’ll really be out of here.”  I threatened.

“Will you, at least, let me stay by your side?” He suddenly sounded serious. Somehow, there was a tint of sadness in his words. He leaned the back of his head against mine.

“Okay. I won’t ignore you anymore.” I faintly smiled and leaned against his head too. “But I’m still not ready to date yet. You know, I just got out of a long term relationship. And frankly, I’m still an emotional wreck.”

“It’s okay. I’ll do my best to seduce you.” He sounded more cheerful. “Just being near you is enough.”

“Are you kidding me?” I said as I laughed. Kim Soo Hyun reached for his pocket and tinkered on my phone a bit. I quietly wondered as to why does he still remember my phone password.

“Here’s your phone back. I already saved my number. Be sure to answer it, when I call.” He said as he gave me my phone. He stood up and looked at me. “Wait here for a few minutes, I’ll just go back to the company and get my car. I’ll drive you home.”

“No need, it’s broad daylight. I can handle myself.” I protested.

“Tsk, just let me do it.” He said as he scrunched his eyebrows. His eyes seemed weak. I pouted at this overly-stubborn guy. Finally agreeing, he went out of the cafe.

“It seems like he really needed company. I can’t leave him like that. ” I thought to myself.

I've decided to go along with him. Even with doubts on my mind, I patiently waited for him.

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
 

It's a short chapter but I it's only a part 2 so meh. :D
A new phase begins in the next chapter. I'm excited~