Last Confession

Longing For You

 

Author's POV

 

20th of July 2013


It passed by ten days since Amber was admitted into the hospital. It's now summer, it means a whole month vacation for high school's students but for Amber.....it means a deathbed.


Her breaths started to getting heavier, her lips started to become numb, its even harder if she was trying to stand up and went to the toilet without a nurse to help her out.


knock knock. someone knocked the door and opened it right away, thankfuly she had visitors. She recognised the faces since they were coming to the dork's room everyday. 


The first face revealed a long black hair with her brown sweater on......well its her one and only girl she loved once in her life time, Jung Soojung. 
A smile formed on the dork's face upon seeing her loved one came following by her five bestfriends.
She smiled knowing the latter wore the sweater that she used on their very first hang out with sulli.

 

"Hey how are you feeling?"

 

soojung asked as she bitted her bottom lips. the look in her eyes told that she knew how amber felt.

 


"At worst"

 


The dork replied simply, she coughed.

 


"Everyone came here to see you like usual"

 

Said soojung as she amber's hair. They were behind soojung, their eyes looked like telling the latter how they felt sorry to her for this one year.

 


"Hi guys thanks for coming"

 


Amber coughed a lot, making Jjong rush away to her side helping her as he ready to called the nurse if she needed one.

 

"Im okay Jjong"

 


Amber stated. Soojung stand beside her while the others circling around the bed. Key sat down next to the latter and he patted her shoulder.

 


"How are you feeling pal?"

 


"Yep, good dude. and actually i want to tell you one thing about all of you guys"

 


"A-amber you dont-"

 


"No, soojung i have to"

 


Amber cleared , she started it first with Jjong.

 


"Jjong, we're like twins.....well people said so."

 

They all giggled. Jjong chuckled a bit.

 

"You're one of my best dudes, thanks for all the treats i appreciate it a lot"

 

"Anytime bro, im on your side."

 

Said jjong as he rubbed the dork's hair. She cleared again.

 

"Yo minho"


"Yeah dude?"

 


"I enjoy playing basketball with you, i really hope we can do it another time...."

 


".....and please just asks ssul out already she likes you too."

 


People started going 'ohhh' and whistled. 
Both of sulli and minho blushed like crazy. 
Soojung looked at the dork disbelief and the latter did nothing but smiled.

 

"Luna"

 


"Yes llama?"

 


"You're the first person who approached me on our first day of school. You would always give me some advices and it really helped. Thank you so much you're one of the best."

 

Luna smiled, a tear leaving her eye and slipping down her cheek. 
Sulli gave her some tissues. 
Amber and soojung looked at each other and smiled.

 


"Ssul"

 


"Yes hyung?"

 

 

"You're really like a little sister to me, you were open up and told me a lot of stories....."

 

".......please stay as the bright and cheerful sulli i knew"

 


Sulli cant help but burst into tears. She loved Amber so much like her own older 'brother'. 
Knowing that she wouldnt be here anymore made sulli cried even harder.
Minho caught it, and hug her right away.
Amber smiled looking at those two lovebirds.

 

"Key my dude"

 

"Yeah pal"

 

"Im thankful to have you as my friend, grateful to have you by my side. Im sorry for all the things i did to you this past years. I hope you find someone you'll cherish a lot."

 

He smiled trying to hold on his tears. He patted her shoulder.

 


"Right back at you Am"

 

 

"and last my one and only, jung soojung."

 


she looked at her, giving her hand a tight squeeze. Both of them are not dating each other. But they knew their feelings are mutual.

 


"I love you, i really do. I love you so much that i could barely breathe. You took my breathe away. Your beautiful smiles, your ice princess attitude, your childish acts, the way your eyes wandering around when you're confused, the way your eyes light up as you smile. The way your smiles light up my world. But i think the thing I love the most, is the day at the first moment i saw you at the front gate. If you hadnt waited for your sister. If you refused my offer to take you home that day, then I wouldnt be the happiest person alive. There wouldnt be that dorky yet popular amber everyone knows"

 

Her eyes were already in tears. She was trying to hold on but she couldnt. She hide her face, she didnt want her loved one to see her like this. 
Amber pulled her close, using every last bit of strength she had left.
Soojung cried on her chest and whispered.

 

"Y-you're n-not goi-ing anywhere amber....b-because i-i told you so..."

 

Her words were shaking.

 


"Soojung... Do you know that place between sleep and awake? That place where you still remember dreaming?"

 

The latter didnt answered, she still sobbing on her chest.

 

 

"That's where i'll always love you. That's where i'll always be waiting."

 

 

 

"I’m sorry, but visiting hours are up." The nurse said suddenly, leaning against the doorway. everyone but soojung got up, she still laying on the dork's chest. each of them bidding goodbye to the latter. Soojung looked at the nurse with pleading eyes. 
The nurse sighed, "No. You too miss Jung."

 

Soojung sighed and looked back at her loved one.

 


"Its okay there's still tomorrow"

 


Stated Amber with her dorky grin as she ruffled soojung's hair.