First Pain

Longing For You

 

Amber's POV

 

24th of May 2013


I sit down nervously, my heart starts racing. I looked around the room. there's so many pictures from the previous patients hanging, i smiled at the thought some people make it out alive. 


"You're not gonna be one of them"


The sound inside my head told me.


I was confused, only knowing that im  such a sick person since i was born. My mom told me to always have faith in myself but i dont know who to believe anymore. 

 

The only one who knows my illness is Key. 
But since i started high school, the others like minho, jjong, ssul, and luna are already know. besides.....soojung of course.
I dont want her to know yet, Key hesitated me to told soojung about it, but i keep it shut until she asked me by herself.

 

Suddenly the doctor came and sat down on his seat. 
His name is Mr.Kim.
He's always been my doctor since i was a kid. He cares about me a lot like his own 'son'.....well he treated me like one because of how i dress though. 
He's one of my mom's bestfriend. 

 

"Amber", he started. I clear my throat.


He's somehow look guilty. His face went gloomy. But i know what he's gonna say i just want him to spit it out.

 

"Im ready sir just tell me straight on my face"

 

"Are you really sure you want to?"

 

"Yes sir just tell me how long do i have? Please."

 


He put off his glasess and put it on the desk.

 

"......2 months kid."

 

He broke down, his head falling into his hands, wiping his tears.

 

"Im sorry kiddo....i-i should be able to cure you. I should be able to fix this. I even promised your mom that i'll make you stronger than before"

 

I smiled, knowing that Mr.Kim is really trying his best.

 

"Its okay sir i know what will happen actually"

 

I chuckled. I pity myself.
2 months eh?
What should i do for two months?
I stand up and bowed my head bid goodbyes to him.

 


"Amber"

 

I turned around.

 

"Before you go, make sure you dont forget to come here at least one day per week, understand?"

 

"Yes sir!"

 

I said to him happily, i dont want him to see me that im already dead inside.
 

Walking back to my home, my mind starts to wandering around. i suddenly feel like i have done a lot of 
many things wrong in my whole life. I feel like im the worst human being ever.

 

"Im such a walking travesty."

 

I mumbled.

 

Knowing that soon my heart would stop beating. Now the only thing that mattered to me was.....soojung.

She's the only reason that im still on my feet and make my own way to home. She's the only reason that i still want to breathe.

 

Die huh. Hearing the word sends shiver down to my spine. I thought that i will enjoy my high school's year like people used to but i guess im not one of them.

 

*RIIIINGS*......my phone starts ringing. I put it out from my pocket and check who's calling me. Its soojung.

 

"H-hello?"

 


"A-am.....where are you im in front of your house"

 


Oh god she's there already?
 

 

"Ah y-you are? Im on my way im two blocks from there just wait up"

 

 

 

 

 


I immedietly hang up and starts running. I smiled at the thought of she was waiting for me patiently at the front door.


One thing is for sure, in these last two months im going to make her smiles more dazzlingly than before.