Chapter 22

Saudade

Krystal didn’t know how long she stood there; eyes staring at the direction where Chen walked away. The tears were now long dried up on her face, and the sound of sobs that escaped a while ago could no longer be heard.

She did not know why she stayed immobilized there, but it felt like she was fighting the part of her that mocked her; to prove that he would eventually come back and take his words back. She even imagined the entire thing inside her head, but it seemed like it’d stay like this though; nothing but an imaginary scenario.

It was pathetic; she looked pathetic.

After what felt like eternity, Krystal found her legs begin moving, and they started dragging her to God only knew where. She didn’t focus on her surroundings, she just continued walking. She was drained and too tired to care about wherever the hell she was going.

As long as she wouldn’t go home now, it seemed okay.

All the while, unbeknownst of her, someone trailed behind. He didn’t have to be furtive about it since she seemed like she was in a place of her own. He followed in a close proximity but didn’t dare reach her or talk to her. He was hardly refraining himself from doing so; only because he believed that she needed nothing but someone, and that something sadly wasn’t him.

It was after a while that he abruptly stopped; eyes widening upon realizing what was happening. “Krystal NO” Yi Fan shouted at the top of his lungs, but it was already too late.

Krystal’s eyes snapped towards the moving vehicle but didn’t bring herself to move. It felt like everything in her body shutdown, and she was perplexed in place.

 

The dreadful loud screech resonated before her limp body collapsed.

 

 

 

“What happened to her Yi fan?” Her mother asked the instant they went out of her daughter’s room where she was carefully tucked inside the bed.

He rubbed his temples; trying to soothe the throbbing pain of his head. “She fainted, but it’s nothing serious.” He paused trying to find a way to explain it. “I guess… I guess it’s some sort of a post trauma effect. The car stopped in the last minute before it hit her, but she just fainted. It’s a result of fear…this incident reminded her of the accident before.”

Silence fell momentarily between the two as she absorbed his words. She had read about this before, and the doctor’s already told her that there was a chance of Krystal regaining some pieces of her memory if something triggered it.

The question was at the tip of her tongue, but she feared to know the answer to it. What if it was true? What if she remembered everything again? She would be pained… no worse, she would surely be traumatized.

Yi fan noticed turbulence on her face, but before he could question her about it, she suddenly asked. “Will she gain her memory back again?”

He drew out a shaky breath now understanding the reason for her troubled expression. He wondered if he should tell her the truth.

“There’s a possibility…yeah.”

The minute he saw her reaction, he wished he hadn't.

 

 

 

Krystal found herself inside the library she’s grown to love; her haven. She was sitting cross-legged on the floor with a rather thick book between her hands. She didn’t remember what brought her here but more like suddenly found herself like that.

“Krystal… can you get me that book?” She heard a faint voice, and her head snapped up towards the source of the sound. Sitting across of her was a young man whose eyes were already on her. His black hair was swept to side contrasting with his milky white skin, and perched on his nose was semi frameless glasses that made him look smart and ravishing; if she must admit. His lips was formed into a small shy smile as he pointed on something behind her.

Wordlessly, she followed his gaze until it landed on the shelf her back was pressed to, and she found herself nodding to he, whose name was yet foreign to her.

Placing the text book aside, she stood and turned towards the shelf. Her finger brushed few books before it finally stopped on one, and she glanced at him to make sure it was the desired one.

He softly nodded before dropping his gaze to the notes in his hands. He tried to busy himself with them; acting all focused with the sprawled words for he wanted to hide his nervousness and embarrassment.

Curiously, she stole a glance at the title only for a smile to make its way onto her face upon reading it. She crouched down; taking her seat again before handing it to him. Eyes still glued on the papers, he softly shook his head before asking her to open it.

Confusion washed over her momentarily before her hands turned the torn cover; eyes instantly falling on the words of dedication written on the book’s first blank page.

“Everybody is a main character to someone

…always remember that you’ll forever be mine.”

She looked up at him and saw the slight shade of pink on his cheeks. He wasn’t looking at her, but she could notice his lips twitching a little as he fought back the smile that threatened to form. Sensing her gaze, he raised his head a little feigning confusion. “What?”

She stayed silent and only continued staring back at him; her smile so wide.

“What?” He asked again in puzzlement, but it was inevitable. His face broke into a huge grin causing crinkles to form by his eyes that were now filled with undecipherable emotions. So slowly, he began inching closer towards her without breaking their gaze, and for some unknown reason, she didn’t move.

Closer…He kept getting closer…

Until his face was only inches away from hers.

“Krystal Jung…I’m so madly in love with you.” He whispered.

She was suddenly pulled into darkness before a blinding light peeked. She felt a body being thrown on her shielding her from the unknown like a barrier.

The last thing she heard was a piercing scream.

 

Krystal’s eyes snapped up as she abruptly sat up on bed; beads of sweat covering her forehead. She continued breathing abnormally as she frantically looked around until it finally dawned on her that she was in her room.

Exhaling a shaky breath, her eyes dropped upon feeling something brushing her hand. She frowned at the sight of her mother sleeping on a chair next to her bed. “Mom?” the word escaped her lips in confusion.

“Mom.” She called louder this time. “Mom.”

“What? What?” Her mother abruptly woke up; eyes roaming around until they met Krystal’s. A combination of relief and worry washed over her as she inched closer to inspect her daughter. “You’re finally awake. Are you feeling okay?”

“Yeah…” she paused frowning a little. She now remembered seeing a car before everything suddenly turned black. “What happened?”

 “You fainted...Yi fan was the one who brought you here.”

“Yi Fan? He was there?”

“What do you mean he was there? Weren't you with him in the first place?” She narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

“No… I went to see Chen.” Krystal instantly regretted saying his name for it only reminded her of his earlier words. She could feel her hand trembling a bit as she fisted the blankets, and her eyes were beginning to well up. If it weren’t for her mother, she would’ve probably ended up crying again right now.

Krystal’s mother flinched upon hearing his name. She noticed how her daughter’s mood instantly changed, and it wasn’t for a good one either. Krystal was about to cry, she noticed her eyes glistening, and it only meant that whatever happened between these two today went bad. She mentally sighed in relief.

Swallowing the tears, Krystal tried to push the thought of him aside. Images of her dream suddenly flashed through her mind, but right now for some reason, she couldn’t remember the stranger’s face. Someone confessed his love to her, that much she could remember, but the details were slowly being erased from her mind.

“Mom?” She turned to her mother. “I was wondering… could the mind create people in dreams?”  

The colour drained from her mother’s face upon hearing the question. “There’s a possibility.” Yi Fan’s words were ringing in her mind. No… this wasn’t happening… no…

“Mom?”

“Yeah?” she mumbled absentmindedly. “Oh Yeah… sorry…” She paused momentarily racking her brain for an answer. “Umm… I think it can…I mean, the mind creates places, events, things that we never stumbled upon, so I guess it’s capable of creating people too… why do you ask?”

“Umm… I dreamt of someone, but I can’t seem to remember his face now.” Her eyebrows pulled together into a frown as she tried hard to recall his facial features, but it was futile.

“If he was someone you knew, you would’ve surely remembered.” Her mother pressed trying as hard as she could to push the thought out of Krystal’s mind. She didn’t want her daughter to remember anything, and she was going to make sure she doesn’t even if she had to spend the rest of her life lying. Krystal was better off this way; she was sure of this.

“Yeah…Yeah… I guess you’re right.” 

 

 

 

A week has passed since her last argument with Chen… but today, surprisingly, she didn’t come to this place for him. On the contrary, she heard his words perfectly and didn’t even think about approaching him.

Anyway, today, she’s come to see someone else. Someone she wouldn’t have ever thought about seeking; not even in her wildest dreams.

Byun Baekhyun.

Yeah; the decision’s quite absurd… but he seemed like the most right thing to do. He hated her after all, so he wouldn’t mind saying anything if it meant hurting her.

Today, Krystal walked inside the warehouse a little more confidently. Perhaps, she’s come to realize that the place wasn’t so scary after all; apart from Baekhyun. The latter managed to frighten her a bit.

"Krystal?" A voice asked unsurely causing her to jump in surprise. Turning around, she offered a sweet smile expecting to see Baekhyun and was a little startled when she saw black orbs staring back at her in confusion; this was not Baekhyun.

"Hi..." She trailed off awkwardly.

"Kyungsoo." he finished for her while mirroring her smile.

He was in a couple of dreams too; the one who played the guitar. Krystal could remember pieces of them now. They were all siting a circle; he was also there; sitting on the ground next to baekhyun. All the band members were there; including a stranger whose name was still unknown to her; the one who confessed in her dream earlier this week.

There was a bonfire in the center; and they circled it. They were singing and laughing together; before this stranger leaned into her and whispered something in her ears.. She couldn't remember what it was though.

And there was also this girl sitting next to Krystal; she was the girl who kissed Baekhyun before. This she remembered..

Her name started with a the letter T.... But what was it again?

 

"Krystal?"

"Hmm?" she hummed absentmindedly. "wait... Did you say something?"

"Yeah..." He rubbed the back of his neck while letting out a nervous chuckle. "I don't want to sound rude, but why're you here? Are you looking for Chen or Luhan?"

"Actually.... I was looking for Baekhyun."

"Baekhyun?" his eyes widened as he stared at her like she just grew a second head.

"What the hell do you want?" Someone growled behind Kyungsoo, and surely enough Baekhyun appeared with a scowl formed on his face. "What part of you're not welcome here you didn't understand?" Apparently, this was 'Let's all treat Krystal like she's deaf and stupid' week.

"Hyung..."

"Don't" He warned sending Kyungsoo a murderous glare that managed to shut him up.

"I want to talk to you." Krystal suddenly began in a confident tone.

"I don't." He shrugged. "Now... Will you please...?" He trailed off; his hand pointing toward the door.

She stayed rooted in her place though; her face showing a look of nonchalance. She already knew that he wouldn't be so nice with her; nevertheless, she came here determined to find answers for her questions.She drew out a deep breath.

"For the past week, I've been having dreams." She began. "And..."

"Listen, princess. I would love to sit and have this teenage girls chitchat with you, but the truth is... I couldn’t care less about your dreams, your problems, or even your existence... So please, will you-"

"Who's Joonmyun?" She cut him off.

The color drained from his face the instant he heard her question, and he hurriedly turned around; not wanting her to see how shocked he was right then. "I don't know." His voice came out in an audible whisper but she managed to hear him.

She turned towards Kyungsoo who was now alternating his widened eyes eyes between the two in bewilderment. 

"Hyung?" He questioned shakily before his eyes finally stayed at Baekhyun's back. They were filled with an indecipherable emotions to Krystal.... Was it disappointed?

"Get out, Kyungsoo." Baekhyun suddenly ordered; his gaze still dropped to the ground. He could feel his hands beginning to tremble a bit, and he fisted them desperately wanting for it to stop. He didn’t exactly fathom what he was feeling right then... Perhaps it was rage... Yes rage... But most importantly, there was sorrow.

There was sorrow and grief upon hearing his best friend's name... Coming out after all this time... From . Would he be happy now? Knowing that she might've started to remember; remember her loved one? He silently wondered.

"Hyung..." Kyungsoo tried again unsurely feeling offended.

"I SAID GET OUT" He cried; startling the other two. He turned around; meeting the latter's eyes. He was fuming right now; Kyungsoo realized.

Reluctantly, he gave a soft nod. He stole a glance towards Krystal whose eyes were only fixed on him, and offered her what she believed was a small encouraging smile before finally walking out and leaving the two alone.

Obviously noticing the small exchange, Baekhyun turned to her. "You're still here?" He breathed in exasperation.

"I'm not leaving until I find the answers  to all my questions."

"I'm not planning on giving you any. Run to your lover boy... Or Luhan... You already hypnotized him with this stupid innocent act of yours."

"Why do you hate me so much?" She couldn't help but ask infuriatingly.

"Don't say that... Hate's an understatement to what I feel for you." His lips curved up into a wicked smile upon seeing the look on her face. She was pissed to say the least.

"Baek..." A soft voice suddenly called causing the two to turn and look at its source.

The T girl... Krystal remembered.

Baekhyun's eyes closed as he heaved a long sigh. "Why is it that everyone suddenly decided to pay this place a visit?"

Brushing his rude remark off, Taeyeon's steps came to a halt upon noticing someone else's presence. "Krystal?"

"Hi..." For the second time today, she trailed off awkwardly as she tried hard to rack the girl's name.

"Taeyeon... Her name's Taeyeon; it's not that hard." He snapped. "Talk about good best friend's." The words escaped his lips in a low mumble, but he instantly regretted them. Did she hear..?

"Best friends?" Krystal question in confusion; eyes alternating between the two.

"Forget about him... Anyways, how have you been?" She waved it off before a genuine smile found its way towards her lips.

"Wait." Baekhyun abruptly said. He raised his head a little to meet Krystal's curious gaze. "You came here for answers, right?"

"Baek" Taeyeon called frantically. He wouldn't... He surely wouldn't, would he?

"Right?" He pressed completely ignoring Taeyeon. His eyes stayed on Krystal as he waited impatiently for her to do anything. A satisfied smirk slowly crept towards his face when she gave him a soft nod.

"Okay then, I'll give you what you came here for."

 

 

 

 



So...this happened

Yes, I did start a new fic..

Click on the picture if you're interested to check it out:)) 

It'll feature Kyungsoo, Lee Ji-eun, Sehun, and Bang Yongguk(B.A.P)

So yeah...

ANYWAYS, Back to saudade ^^

Don't forget to leave your lovely comments<3

and for the ones who already do, thank you so so much.

I feel so happy reading them.

Love you xoxo