Chapter 13

Saudade

The song’s volume was turned up the moment she stepped inside, and Krystal was swallowed in its loudness.    

The room was identical to her older one; maybe this one was a bit spacious, but this was where the differences pretty much ended. But Krystal’s eyes kept wandering around her surrounding like she hadn’t seen one before.

Her eyes gleamed with excitement like a little kid’s in Christmas.

Krystal would’ve spent more time looking around if it weren’t for the latter who caught her attention.

Lay was dancing in the middle of the room and was too absorbed by the song that played that he didn’t acknowledge her arrival. He was too focused on his moves for he wanted to master the choreography that he was ought to present in front of the entire school by the end of this year.

He was more of a perfectionist who cared about the tiniest details; therefore, he rarely felt satisfied with his dancing and sometimes deprived himself from hours of sleep in order to practice.

And the fact that he was the leader of this class didn’t make things any easier because he knew that he was responsible for everyone else’s performance as well as his.

This might’ve been tiring as hell for anyone else but not to Lay.

He believed that the feeling that would wash over him whenever he danced was worth all of his physical pain; therefore, he never complained or felt like it was obligatory.

He willingly pushed himself to dance more until he could no longer stand.

Krystal’s eyes were solemnly fixed on him, and she struggled to tear them away because she was too fascinated by the way he danced.

With her back resting on the door, she watched him in awe danced mesmerizingly.

And in that moment, Krystal realized why everyone has been constantly talking about Lay…

His talent was, indeed, magical.

“Krystal, you’re drooling.” Krystal’s head snapped to the right when she heard a familiar voice. Her eyes widened in realization when she saw Chen staring at her with a smirk while tapping his finger on his chin. Heat crept towards her cheek as she lowered her head and started wiping frantically the non-existent drool off her chin.

Her head rose instinctively upon hearing a chuckle and she looked confusingly at the two who were watching her with amusement.

“First time-reactions; always my favorite.”  Sulli commented as she tried to muffle her laughter.

“They mostly fall for him during those.” Chen winked at Krystal teasingly.

Krystal’s mind was filled with many profanities when she realized what had just happened, and she was ready to retort back when Lay reached them. She narrowed her eyes at Chen and Sulli who were smiling smugly and stayed silent while Lay was greeting them all.

She sent them a glare before she diverted her stare towards Lay when he started talking to her.

He gave her a small background about their dance team and some information about everything and he finally finished it off with a request to see her dance; to which she immediately refused.

“No way in hell… It’s been years since the last time I danced. I don’t want to embarrass myself.” She shook her head stubbornly to emphasize how determined she was.

“C’mon Krystal… I believe I’ve seen the worst already.” He winked at Chen.

“That was low… too low.” Chen shook his head in disapproval.

“Karma’s a .”

“Only when you are.” Krystal and Lay high-fived each other at that.

“You’re supposed to be helping me, you know?” Chen looked at Sulli in desperation.

“Well, you do know that he’s kind of right…” she trailed off before smiling guiltily.

Chen feigned surprise at first, but when he realized that no one was going to side with him, his face broke into a goofy smile. “I’m that horrible, aren’t I?” He laughed.

“Obviously.” Without hesitation, Lay and Sulli said in unison. They then laughed at Chen who was faking being hurt by their reply, but their laughter came to a halt when Krystal suddenly spoke.

“I want to see you dance.” She said in all serious.

“Trust me, you don….”

“I want to see you dance too, but I guess we don’t always get what we want, do we?” Chen didn’t seem to care about the fact that was talking and interrupted him anyways.

“This’s different…I” She tried to argue, but Chen cut her off instantly.

“You want to see me dance as much as I do, so how’s this different?” She opened ready to say something, but she then closed it again when nothing came out. Chen took it as his sign to add on. “How about this… since we both want to see each other dance, why don’t we spice things a bit?”

“How?” She asked suspiciously. She didn’t know what was happening in his head, but her interest was definitely piqued by his question.

“A dance battle between the two of us.” He said simply.

Lay snorted upon hearing his suggestion and was about to talk about how stupid his idea was when Krystal suddenly spoke and surprised them all.

“Fine, a dance battle it is then.”

 

 

*Why the hell did I agree to this? God why?* Krystal kept asking herself silently over and over again as she felt her nerves building up inside of her.

The idea of goofing around with Chen was the only thing on her mind when she agreed to his suggestion. She didn’t think that she’d have to dance in front of anyone but the three of them, so when she saw the entire dance team making a circle around her, she just wanted to run away because she believed that she’ll only make a fool out of herself.

She looked around her and found everyone’s gazes fixed on her as they waited for her to start.

“Ready?” she was snapped out of her thoughts by Lay’s voice. She swallowed the lump that has formed in before she nodded.

The room fell into silence momentarily before the sound of the guitar echoed through it.

Play this

Krystal took a deep breath before her eyes fluttered close.

It felt like she lost control on her body the instant she heard Ed’s voice.

She was consumed by his voice; hypnotized by it.

She didn’t know what she was doing. She entrusted the song to lead her to the right moves.

Her body swayed gracefully with the song, and her earlier nervousness was replaced with liberation.

It was weird…

How she felt like she was flying with her feet touching the ground.

She couldn’t see anyone’s reactions because her eyes were tightly close.

She was no longer afraid of embarrassing herself; she was afraid of losing this feeling inside of her.

“I’m thinking about how people fall in love in mysterious ways…” The song continued.

“Maybe it’s all a part of a plan..”

Krystal twirled around beautifully a couple of times, but she lost balance at the end of it. Before she could balance herself, she fell to the floor with a loud thud.

Her eyes snapped open, and she found everyone rushing towards her side.

“Are you okay?” Chen was the first to reach her, and his voice detected worrisome.

“It’s not the first time.” She paused momentarily while smiling awkwardly. “I’m fine.” She said while pushing herself up.  

When she realized that he was still staring at her doubtfully, she smiled at him reassuringly before walking towards the nearest chair. “I believe it’s your turn.” She spoke when she finally took a seat in hopes of distracting him from what just happened.

“Are you really sure you want to see me? like really really sure?” Chen asked desperately one last night, but his hopes were soon crushed. He sighed exasperatedly when Krystal nodded enthusiastically and gave him a thumbs-up.

 “Well then…. I expect a round of applause when I finish.” He tried to sound threatening, but he only received few chuckles and sarcastic yesses from everyone as replies.

Chen’s eyes were fixed on Krystal while he grinned mischievously. “You’re going down.” he mouthed to her before the song started playing.

Play this.

Chen immediately began with mimicking G-Dragon while he sang loudly. He was motionless as he only focused on imitating his facial expression and hand gestures.

“Get your crayon.” The instant those words resonated through the room…

Hell broke loose, literally.

Chen started dancing. He danced like he was the only one in the room; like he didn’t give a crap about anyone there; which was true. Because Chen only focused on dancing to his favorite song without a care in the world.

He didn’t care that the entire dance team was watching.

He didn’t care that his two best friends were watching.

He didn’t care that SHE was watching.

He just danced until he couldn’t catch his breaths any further, and by the end of the song, he willingly fell to the floor.

Before the room could fall back to silence, everyone stood up from their chairs and started clapping and whistling.

Everyone was having a hard time controlling their laughter, and it was all because of the young latter who was standing in the center bowing and blowing them imaginary kisses.

When his eyes landed on Krystal, he saw her shaking her head like she couldn’t believe what he’s just done while laughing uncontrollably.

Only one thought filled her mind all the while she kept looking at him with twinkling eyes.

“He’s really a dork… my favorite dork.”

 

Few minutes later, Lay gestured for everyone to gather around him. The room fell to silence momentarily, but it was soon interrupted again when he started speaking. “So, I guess now we have to name a winner…

“Krystal, Chen.” he alternated his gaze between them both before continuing. “You both danced amazingly, but unfortunately we have to pick one.” Krystal chuckled at how serious he looked while he talked, but she quickly cleared when she received a glare from Chen.

“So… the winner is….”

“Chen” Chen’s eyes widened when he heard his name being called, but before he could say anything, Lay added.

“For being the worst dancer alive.” 

 

 


AN:

I was planning on adding more to this chapter, but it would've taken me more days to update.

And I wanted to celebrate getting 50+ subscribes. 

SO THAANKYOU TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOUUU 

I LOVEEEE YOUU ALL TO BITS *GROUP HUG*<33

Again, sorry if this was too short.Promise I'll try to update soon:*:*