Chapter 12

Saudade

Krystal woke up the next morning feeling exhausted due to her lack of sleep. A small smile crept on her face when she remembered last night’s events, and even though she was tired as hell, she didn’t regret sleeping inhumanely late.

After seeing the love lock wall, she spent more time with Chen wandering around the streets as they wanted to enjoy the beauty and serenity the winter nights granted. They walked aimlessly for another hour, and when they felt like their legs could hold them no longer, they finally decided to call it quits and go home.

The entire time they walked together, Chen never withdrew his hands from hers, and for some unknown reason, Krystal didn’t seem to mind.

She usually tended to feel nervous from even the slightest physical contact, but with Chen, frankly, it didn’t feel… weird. It didn’t feel like it was a novelty, it didn’t feel like she was a girl grasping the hands of her lover, but more like a girl holding tightly on someone whom she feels safe with.

It slightly surprised her that she didn’t feel any strange feelings; she didn’t feel her heart pounding in an unusual way nor did she feel tensed or nervous. It almost seemed like she felt… nothing.

Nothing but happiness for the warmth his hand offered; nothing more, nothing less.

She believed that she was overanalyzing the entire thing, but in all honesty, she couldn’t help herself. It’s like every detail was getting magnified to her lately, and her mind never ceased to function.

And that’s what pretty much her night consisted of; endless thoughts and twisting and turning. It wasn’t until the peak of dawn that her breaths became even and her eyes fluttered close.

Last night was long and hectic, terribly so, but frankly she didn’t regret a second of it. And even though she struggled to keep her eyes open as she walked towards her locker, she kept a small smile on her face.

Even though her whole body fell sore from tiredness; she felt happy and it was all thanks to her friend who stood by the far end of the hallway waving enthusiastically at her.

 

 

With a frown on her face, Krystal walked inside her first class when the bell finally rang. Yet again, she picked the farthest chair for she hoped that her teacher wouldn’t notice her today.

Her mind was too blank to handle calculus first, and the pounding in her head didn’t make things any better. She believed that she wouldn’t be able to grasp any information delivered in today’s class, so Krystal didn’t even bother to pressure herself into focusing on the teacher’s words, and instead rested her head on the desk.

And so, for the first hour of class, the teacher seemed oblivious about the student who was sleeping at the back of the class and went on with explaining the lesson.

It wasn’t until he decided to give the class few problems to solve that he finally realized that there was someone who wasn’t working like the rest. Quietly, he made his way towards the end of the class and stood behind Krystal’s chair as he eyed her angrily.

A loud sound resonated when his hands made contact with Krystal’s desk, and Krystal jerked awake only to be met by his glare. 

Her mind was still blank and she felt drowsy, and all she was able to offer was a guilty smile that sparked her teacher’s angriness more.

Consequently, Krystal was obliged to sit during break time to solve the extra problems that he’d given her as a punishment.

 

So here she was, sitting inside the class room with her eyes glued at her notebook.

It was torture; pure merciless torture.

The pounding inside of head was escalating painfully; nevertheless she tried hard to finish her work in order to get the hell out of there. She believed that if she finished the twenty questions early, her teacher would let her be, but this possibly seemed impossible because 15 minutes has already passed and she couldn’t even pass the first question yet.

She sighed miserably for the nth time today as she yet again picked her pen and forced herself to focus on the problem in front of her.

“Want help?” A soft voice echoed through the empty class room, and Krystal raised her head slightly only to be met with a pair of black eyes that was staring innocently at her.

She didn’t say anything at first as she stared confusingly at the girl who stood in front of her with a soft smile evident on her face. Her milky white skin was framed by her straight chocolate brown hair that reached her shoulders, and she was wearing what looked like a little girl’s clothes, and Krystal had to admit that she looked innocently cute, but something about her seemed off; something that Krystal failed to pin down.  

The girl cleared when she felt slightly uncomfortable by Krystal’s intent stare.  

“Oh… Sorry. I was staring, wasn’t I?” she laughed embarrassedly. “I just… Do we share any class together?”

“Yea, calculus and music.” The girl replied uneasily for Krystal was still looking at her like she was inspecting every detail of her.

“Anyways… You looked kind of miserable there, so I thought that you might need help. I ace at calculus usually, so if you needed anything…”

“Yes please.” Krysta didn’t wait for her to finish her sentence and replied immediately. A chuckle escaped the girl’s lips when she saw how desperate Krystal looked, and she took the chair beside her before she started opening her text books.

Krystal sighed contently when she realized that her prayers must’ve been finally heard. She knew that she wouldn’t be able to finish this off by herself, so she was really appreciative to this girl’s help.

Speaking of this girl….

“What’s your name?” Krystal asked suddenly.

“Ji-eun… Lee Ji-eun.”

“Well then, I’m Krystal.”

“I know.” She answered without taking her eyes off her text books and continued turning few pages until she finally settled on one. She smiled satisfyingly before she grabbed a pen and starting jotting down few numbers.

Krystal stared at her for a while more before she forced herself to concentrate on the notes that Ji eun was writing for her, so she could get the hell out of there before the break ends.

 

“Krystal…” Krystal snapped her head the instant she heard her name being called and found Chen standing with what looked like a food bag in his hands. “I thought you’d be hungry…” he waved it at her teasingly before he started making his way towards her chair.

His steps came to a halt though when he noticed another girl’s presence, and his eyes widened slightly upon seeing Ji eun.

“What the hell is she doing here?” He hissed.

“Unlike you, she was nice enough to help me with this.” She smiled appreciatively at Ji eun before she returned her gaze to him again.

“Yea… how ing nice…” He scoffed.

“You have only one question left.” Ji eun smiled widely at Krystal and acted like Chen wasn’t there. She then picked her pen again and tried to busy herself with something for she wanted to avoid his stare at all costs. Her widened smile never left her face, and fortunately it managed to hide how she truly felt.

“I believe that she can solve it by herself, so your work is done here.” He hoped that he’ll be able to get a reaction out of her, but she didn’t even blink at him.

He didn’t know what she was up to, and the way she was acting like he wasn’t there bothered him.

“What’s wrong with you Chen?” Chen momentarily forgot that Krystal was there, so he was slightly taken aback when he heard her voice. She was looking at him with widened eyes, and for a moment Chen wanted to justify the way he acted to her, but he soon decided against it.

He dropped the food bag on the desk and glanced angrily at Ji eun one last time before he started walking away, and he didn’t even turn around when Krystal began calling him. 

“What the hell is wrong with him?” Krystal huffed in annoyance when Chen finally left. His mood changed abnormally fast. After all, he walked in the class with a widened smile only to be replaced with a frown when he saw Ji eun…

Wait…

“Do you guys know each other?” Krystal’s eyes narrowed suspiciously as she waited for any reaction from Ji eun.

“We’re neighbors.” Ji eun replied nonchalantly like she was the least bit fazed by what just happened. “So are you going to solve the last equation or what?” She asked monotonously.

Krystal wanted to probe more; she really wanted to, but she chose to drop the matter for now. Her head fell in disappointment, and she stared at the food bag that Chen dropped for her before he left with a small smile formed on her face.

“Well, he surely is moody as hell.” She mumbled with a sigh and slumped towards her desk to finish the last equation. All the while, she was oblivious about the pair of eyes that were glaring at her..

 

 

Unfortunately, the bell rang by the time Krystal was finished with her last equation, so she was forced to attend her next class without even touching the lunch that Chen has brought. She was grumpy during her last classes, but the only thing that managed to lift her mood a bit was her anticipation for the dance class.  

So when the last bell finally announced the end of the day, without a pause, she hastily stuffed her things in the class and chirpily walked out of the class.

Her excitement was escalating, and her gloominess was fading with every step that she took.

Her steps finally came to halt, and she stood for a moment with her hand wrapped around the door knob as she inhaled a deep breath. She could hear the music playing, and she felt herself getting giddier.

With a widened grin, she finally turned the knob and entered. 

 


AN: 

I'm REALLY sorry for this late and crappy update, but I just finished my exams and tbh I've been down lately. 

But I promise that I'll pull myself together, and I'll try to enhance the future chapters, so please look forward to them. 

New subscribes and comments, Thaankyouu so muuch<3 you guyss make my days I swear xx