Nine

Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I stood in front of the large oak door that had a well polished dragon shaped doorknob. I looked on the number on the door and back to the address I had in hand. I double checked to see if I had the right house. Since it was my day off, I took the liberty to go and see Seunghyun after I met Jiyong the day before. From what Jiyong told me, Seunghyun has been down in the dumps and that doesn’t sound good especially in his state. I pressed the doorbell and waited. After a while a tall young man with looks so dashing complimented with his dimpled smile greeted me. He avoided looking into my eyes.

“Anyeong Hana ssi. Are you doing house visits now? I’ve been okay the past few days. I have my medications.” He was stumbling over his words.

“Well, it’s good that you’re not having chest pains but that’s not why I came. Can I come in?”

He nodded and moved aside to welcome me into his enormous penthouse apartment. Everything inside was crisp white and clean. He had paintings hanging on the wall, sculptures that stood magnificently in the middle of the foyer. Every inch of his luxurious apartment screamed expensive and it was magnitudes apart from my little humble apartment that I bought in trade of the huge mansion my parents left me. I gawked in amazement at the art pieces and his extensive collection of very unique and exquisite furniture. When he said he loved collecting furniture, he was not joking at all! He led me to his very fluffy, very comfy furred couch and sat facing me. We stayed silent. He was waiting for me to say what I had to say. I stared into his eyes and slowly I was lost in his gaze. I realized that his eyes were so distinctively contrast which made his flawless skin and subtle arched eyebrow even more gorgeous than anything I’ve ever seen before. The silence between us went on for a few deaf defining seconds that I could hear my own labored breathing and drumming heart.

“So what did you want to talk to me about?” his deep low pitched voice resonated to me, shattering the sound proof window that divided us.

I’m sorry were the only words that came out of my quivering mouth. His tongue his dried lips. He then bit his lower lips, thinking. He heaved a heavy sigh.

“You didn’t do anything wrong. I was the one who came onto you and Dr Lee had every right to clear everything up for me. A man should always stand up for the girl he loves.” He answered breaking our eye contact to stare at the blank TV screen.

“I’m not dating him. Believe me.” I pleaded.

“You don’t have to fluff things for me Hana. I can handle a rejection.”

“Well that’s the thing Seunghyun. I’m not rejecting you. I want you. I want you even if I knew its wrong for me to want you because you’re my patient. I want to know you more.”

“Then what about Dr Lee.” I asked suspiciously at me.

He was still skeptical and doubting me. His gaze was piercing right through me and I wanted to scream my lungs out like a lunatic because of the twitchy swirly that was going on in my stomach was making the eggs I had for breakfast crawling back up my system.

“I used to go out with him. But he left me at the altar on the day we were supposed to get married.”

He stayed still, observing me. Suddenly a small smirk appeared on his face.

“Jerk! He has the guts to propose but doesn’t have the balls to say his vow.”

I laughed heartily, relieved washed over me when I saw him laughing too.

“So are we going to have a first date or not? I can cook for you.” I playfully .

He bit his lips thinking as the playful smirk danced on his lips.

“I want you to cook but I want to have it outside. I want our first date to be a walk in the park.”

“What? No. No walking. You’ll overwork your heart. A picnic in the park is fine but not too much walking. I don’t want to have to do a CPR on you in public!”

“Why? You want to do a CPR privately? Here? I’m fine with that.” He mockingly puckered his lips, teasingly trying to kiss me. I scooted away from him but he didn’t back down and sat next to me even closer. I could feel myself blushing feverishly as his laughter ringed in my ears.

“Go away.” I slightly pushed him away by his firm arms. I stood up from my seat, fanning myself with my hands because I could feel heat radiating out of me. He too stood up from his seat and towered above me. My height only reaching his broad chest, he pinched both my cheeks with his soft hands.

“Aigoo, did you really have to blush?”

I could feel myself melting when I saw his dimples as he smiled. The way his eyes became thin lines as he laughed. I was literally liquefied by him.

“Giant! Are we going for that picnic or not?” I pouted cutely at him.

“Of course. Let’s cook together.” He took my hand and pulled me to follow him to his kitchen.

“No!” I told him off

“What why? This is my house after all.” He reasoned with me, he then pulled an aegyo and my heart wanted to explode, boom…out of my body. He was too dorky and I wanted to faint.

“I cook. You sit. I don’t want you to overburden your heart. Please just listen to me, as your doctor.” I explained sternly at him. He then pouted and willingly sat on the kitchen counter, watching me get busy preparing the food for our picnic.

“I’ve never had a girl over and cook for me. You’re the first.”

“Wow, that’s one story you can tell your kids later. Kids, appa’s doctor came barging in and cooked for me.” I mockingly teased. He faked a laugh. He looked to the ground.

“As much as I want to have kids, I don’t think I’ll ever have any. You know with my condition and all.”

“Don’t say that. There’s still hope and Dr Han is one of the best cardiothoracic surgeon around.” I placed down the knife in hand as I stopped cutting the fruits to look at him.

He smiled bitterly at me.

“I’m sorry for bringing it up.” I timidly uttered.

“Enough with the sad talk, I’m excited for our first date.” He said in glee.

I smiled at him and went on preparing an array of healthy food for our date in the park. A few hours later we were making our way from his apartment towards the park that was across his building. With the rustling of fallen leaves underneath our feet, we walked side by side without utter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter