Five

Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The minimum autumn sunshine penetrated through the windows of my bedroom, illuminating it bright and happy. I looked out my window and saw flocks of bird passing by my 23rd floor window. I looked to my phone for the time. It was only 7AM. I had two hours more to kill before my shift starts so I decided to get messy in the kitchen to pass by the time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Morning!” I greeted as I stepped in. My mouth dried while my stomach churned in nervousness. I didn’t know why I was edgy and insecure to see him. I tighten my grip on the shopping bag in hand. The plastic containers inside rattled with every swing. He smiled fondly at me, putting down the newspaper that covered his face when I entered the room. I could feel myself melting into nothingness because of his handsome smirk and soft eyes. The giddiness was not helping at all.

“Good Morning! Oh, you’re not in uniform?”

“I thought I’d drop by and give you this before my shift starts. Since you said you got tired of hospital food and you need energy and nutrients and its nothing much and I’m not a good cook. I only learned from my grandmother and I’ll just leave this with you.” I handed him the bag that contained the food I cooked for him and hurriedly turned towards the door. I was stumbling really badly over my words. His intense gaze on me was reducing me into ashes while my knees were on the verge of turning into jellies.

“What time is your shift?” he asked taking his phone by the side table, clicking it to look at the time.

“9” I answered simply.

He smiled looking at me. His grin made my heart pound and suddenly I felt sweaty. Why was I even sweating in an air conditioned room?

“You do know you still have 40 more minutes of free time right? And like I said before, I won’t eat unless you do too.” he beamed at me with pleading eyes.

Without realizing it my legs were making its way from the door towards his bed. As if I was no longer in control of my body anymore, my hands took the bag of food from him and set it on the table. My hands worked diligently yet my brain was screaming questions at myself why I was doing it as if I was used to it.

“There’s only one set of chopstick and no other cutleries.” I was trying to avoid sitting down having a meal with him not because I didn’t like him but I couldn’t stand the giddiness and churning in my stomach every time our eyes met.

“It’s okay. I can feed you.” He answered nonchalantly.

He picked up a chopstick and took a slice of the curry kimchi pancake. He reached over and waved the food in front of my face, waiting for me to open my mouth. I couldn’t help myself anymore. My cheeks blushed feverishly. I was burning up by his sweet gesture and I couldn’t help myself from grinning sheepishly. He then feed himself with the array of food I prepared that morning from the spicy and sour cold buckwheat noodle to the shrimp cake and the braised tofu and radish.

“Hey, eat slowly. You’ll get indigestion.” I snapped at him.

“I can’t help it. You’re cooking is so good, like a ten star restaurant.” He praised smiling in between his bites.

Again he made me withdraw in shyness. I wanted to jump into my backpack that was thrown next to me. Never has anyone said something that nice about my cooking or even me in general yet I was always trying to build my confidence to be a strong woman. What was it with Seunghyun that made me melt shyly?

“Aigoo, why do you blush at everything?” He pinched my cheeks.

I stayed silent, unsure of what to answer. He continued feeding me with literally everything.

“I want to get to know you more.” He confessed.

I nearly choked at his request. How can someone that handsome want to know more about me? I’ve only ever dated one guy, someone I’ve known my whole life and yet he dumped me so what’s so good about knowing me. I looked down at the food that lay in between us on the table.

“What is there to know about me? I mean I’m just a nerdy doctor. Look at me.” I stuttered.

His soft brown eyes were looking straight into mine. His fine arched eyebrows raised perfectly complimenting his gorgeous face.

“I am looking and I like what I see. I’m starting to like you Hana and I don’t mean just like you like you. What I meant was I like you very much and I think I’m starting to fall for you.”

I gulped hard, trying to catch my breath. My heart was racing sending impulses through my system, disabling them. I blinked a few times, maybe what I heard was wrong and all in my head.

“Ahh, you must have liked me because I’m your doctor.” I said tripping over my tongue.

“I’ve only been in love once but to someone I never met or talked to. But the way you make my heart beat is the same like what she did 7 years ago.”

“Aniyo, you can’t be in love if you’ve never met her. Your heart beat must’ve been because of your condition.” I debated with him, reasoning logically to his points.

“I was a healthy young man back then but I know what I felt. She was a girl I met at the museum. But I’ve only seen her once. She was crying and in deep sorrow that it made me want to protect her and be with her but I didn’t get the chance to talk to her.”

“See, it was because she was sad and you wanted to protect her. And you’re a good man, that’s why you wanted to protect her. There’s nothing to like about me Seunghyun.”

“Do you believe in love at first sight because I do? So believe me if I say I’m starting to like you, please?”

I bowed my head hearing his plea. I could feel his gaze on me. My cheeks were burning. Still not believing what I just heard. I wanted to run out of the room towards my girls and fan girl with all my might. It’s just so impossible that he would find mediocre me attractive.

“Here’s something to like” he said pinching my cheeks again.

“Yah!” I smacked his hand away.

“Well, it’s your fault you’re so cute when you blush.” Seunghyun laughed into h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter