Eight

Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That morning, when he heard the sound of footsteps making its way towards his bed, a grin began forming on his curved lips. He had a hunch who it was. Seunghyun slowly opened his eyes but was disappointed when it wasn’t who he expected. Seungri was standing over at the monitors writing notes into the clipboard in hand. His expression was firm and full of concentration.

“Oh Dr Lee.” Seunghyun said as he puffed his cheeks, looking away to hide his disappointment.

“Sorry to let you down for not being Hana. But you just have to work with what you get.” Seungri’s sardonic tune escalating with his booming voice.

“I was hoping it was her.”

“Well,boo hoo too bad. You don’t get to choose and oh by the way. I just wanted to say, I hope you don’t get too comfortable with Hana because she gets carried away sometimes and you might get the wrong signal.” Seungri said with a sadistic smile dancing on his mouth.

“Why? Are you two together?”

“Yes. We're very much together. We’ve been together for years.”

Seunghyun could feel the blood underneath his skin boiling in anger. How could Hana lie and not tell him. He could have reserved from making moves and flirting with her, playing with his already ill heart. He thought she responded because she really did like him but like anyone else who looked at him, she probably did it out of sympathy.

“I see. Chukae!” He stuttered

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hana’s POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I sat on the bench as I faced the garden that decorated the hospital entrance. I couldn’t understand why the tears wouldn’t stop streaming from my eyes or why it hurts so much to be rejected that way. I wondered what I did wrong, for him to act so harsh and so cold towards me. Then it hit me. I was expecting too much. He never said that he loved me, he only said that he liked me. Likes can be thought of in many ways, like a dongsaeng-oppa relationship or simply friends. I watched the trees that blew in the wind, the way the brown crispy leaves fall off so beautifully because of the breeze. I stared at the colors of autumn that was so bright and stunning. How stupid was I to think he would actually fall for me. He might even have some hot supermodel girlfriend somewhere out there. Nobody in their right mind would fall for a nerdy intern like me. I buried my face between my knees, allowing my black jeans to absorb my tears and muffle my sobs. The pain in my heart felt so similar, so familiar despite the fact that it happened years ago.

 

“Unnie?” a familiar voice asked that made me look up from my dwell.

 My eyes caught sight of the long blond haired young woman whom I call my best friend. Her eyes told me she was concerned, her voice told me she was worried. I gulped hard. This has been the second time she found me crying my eyes out in a short span of time. Chaerin was wearing a zebra print miniskirt with a black sleeveless blouse. She looked as if she was ready for a night out.

“Ahh, chaerin ah.” I said, quickly wiping the tears away.

“What’s wrong?”

“No, nothing’s wrong. I was just erm, sleepy.”

“If you’re sleepy, your nose wouldn’t be red and your shoulders won’t be jumping up and down with sniffing. I’m not a little kid unnie yah. Let’s talk over a drink.” She said as she linked her arms around mine and pulled me to follow her.

She dragged me with her and we walked towards a bar that was located a few blocks away from the hospital. We sat at a small round table and a bottle of whiskey that Chaerin ordered was placed in front of us with two shot glasses. My head was empty and I looked at my grey sneakers that dangled from the high chair where I sat in. She poured the drink into the glasses half full and pushed one towards me.

“I’m going to text the unnies and mingki to tell them we’re here.” She said, chipper as ever.

I simply nodded, aimlessly gazing at the other patrons that filled the bar that night.

“So, are you going to tell me what’s wrong or I’ll have to make you drunk before you spit it out unnie? And I have a higher alcohol tolerance than you” she smiled at me holding her drink up.

“Aigoo, that’s one good scotch!” Chaerin declared after consuming her drink in one shot.

I smiled seeing her pleasured face but I still stayed silent. I was unsure where to begin.

“Is it Seungri again? Cause if it is I will destroy that bastard.” She added, slamming her fist on the table which made out glasses and bottle of whiskey to rattle.

“What bastard?” Bommie interjected as she took a seat next to me. Behind her were Dara and Minzy.

“Wah! You surprised me unnie yah!” Chaerin said trying to slap Bommie’s shoulder which made Bom pout and whimper in pain.

“Yah! Chaerin! I’m the unnie! Yah!” She pouted, rubbing the hurt spot.

“Eyy, Hana. Were you crying?” Dara asked  who sat across me.

“Exactly why I called you guys down here! I found Hana unnie crying in front of the hospital lobby.”

“Omo. Why Hana? You can always tell us.” Dara asked in concern with her beaming puppy eyes.

“It’s silly. I don’t want to be a burden.” I said pouring them drinks into their glasses. I was trying to avoid their gazes on me.

“Unnie, I know you’re not the kind to tell us your problem but don’t think yourself as a burden.” Minzy said taking my hand into hers. I thought for a while before I answered them.

“He gave me the cold shoulder. I don’t know why. Its silly cause there’s nothing between us besides a patient and a doctor. It’s just I don’t know why I was hurt by it but I’m alright

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter