Six

Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Three young man dressed in suits walked side by side with bags and boxes in hand. Their strut emitted charisma, so appealing that all heads turned to look at them. Two of them had an adorable eye smile, kindly beamed at everyone that passed by them whereas the one in the middle had an intense glare and creased forehead not acknowledging anyone around him. Anyone who didn’t know him might even say that he was a snobbish spoiled rich kid. Their manly aroma trailed behind them as they made their way inside the hospital. Their shiny black shoes on their feet clicked on the floor with every step they took.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seunghyun's POV

 

 

 

I was mindlessly flickering through the channels, patiently waiting for the ahjumma to send in my lunch. Nothing interested me. It was then that my mind drifted off to Hana. It was just a few hours ago that she had breakfast with me even so I was yearning for her company and I was missing her badly. I smiled to myself thinking of her. Hana’s large puppy eyes that suddenly become thin lines whenever she laughs. The way she would blush at literally everything. The way her perfume smells like sweet cotton candy that can be enjoyed by the beach on a perfect summer day. And her laughter, don’t get me started. That girl doesn’t refrain herself from a good joke. It amazes me that she is not like any other girl that I have ever met. The girls I used to see would try so hard to hide their laughter and stay poise, to act elegant but she was not just any other girl. She is the girl that makes my failing heart beat aloud like boom boom fireworks everywhere. My train of thoughts was disrupted when I heard the door to my room being slide opened accompanied by footsteps and loud voices.

 

 

“Hyung!” Daesung happily greeted with his arms wide open running towards me who was leaning against the pillow on the huge hospital bed.

“Daesungie ah!” I too gladly welcomed him, pulling him into my arms for a tight hug. I wrapped my long arms around his neck into a headlock.

“Hyung, hyung you’re killing me.” He shouted as his hands flapped around in distress.

Youngbae and Jiyong were practically rolling on the floor, laughing their off. I let go of Daesung to hug Youngbae and Jiyong. It has been a while since I last saw them and I missed them so much.

“How are you hyung?” Jiyong asked sitting at the edge of my bed.

“Waiting in boredom and dying.”

“Don’t say that! You told us not to come. We could have accompanied you here.” Daesung quickly responded.

“Aniyo, I don’t want to trouble you guys. And why are you here? Didn’t I tell you not to come?”

“We’re brothers. It’s not troubling, it’s what you call family.” Youngbae injected.

“So when are they operating on you?” Jiyong asked sternly.

“I’m waiting for the donor. Right now I’m just being prepped to receive the heart.”

The three of them nodded, not saying anything.

“So what do you do every day? Nothing?” Youngbae asked walking towards the white fluffy couch at the corner of the room.

“Oh he does something alright. He’s trying to get in his doctor’s pants.” Jiyong mocked while pulling a naughty smirk.

“You mean hyung’s trying to sleep with Dr Han?” Daesung questioned seriously.

I smacked the back of Daesung’s head. He quivered in pain, rubbing the hurt spot.

“Yah, I’m straight. If I was gay I wouldn’t fall for any of you so don’t keep your hopes high. And it’s not that I’m trying to sleep with my doctor but I really like her.”

“Wah and you told Jiyong. I’m hurt.” Youngbae pouted with his muscular arms crossed in front of his chest.

“Cry baby” Jiyong teased. He was laughing so hard seeing Youngbae pout. I mean it was weird. He has a really toned body but his face had a really cute expression, two very distant things.

“Mianhe. I thought you read it. It was in our group chat. It’s partially your fault.”

“So who is she hyung?” Daesung asked enthusiastically. His small eyes looking intently at me as if he was trying to rip the answer right out of me with his laser stare.

“She’s an intern here. Her name is Im Hana.”

“Ohh, sounds pretty. She must be really exquisite for hyung to fall for her. I’m jealous.”

It was Daesung’s turn to pout, equivalently funny to Youngbae but in a cuter sense.  

“Finally you’re over that art museum girl. Not that I don’t believe you but 7 years of watching you waiting for that fate of yours to work was tiring. No offense.” Youngbae added from across the room.

“Hehe, hyung being a total hopeless romantic and believing that fate will bring you guys together is cute and all but it was just too long.” Daesung said.

“Hey, you’ll be surprised how fate and destiny works. Sweet serendipities do happen.” I argued.

“So when can we meet her? We need to screen check her if she’s fit to be our noona and all.” Jiyong teased.

I could feel my cheeks burning up with blood shooting straight to my head with Jiyong’s words.

“She’s working right now.”

Daesung gaped in surprise.

“You know her schedule? So you guys are dating?” he asked in shocked.

I face palmed myself, frustrated with Daesung’s wrong interpretations.

“We’re not dating. Not yet but I saw her this morning.”

“Not yet? So this is serious!” Youngbae infused in between our conversation.

“Oh god what did I do to deserve you guys in my life.” I sighed in frustration as they continued to tease me.

We spent the afternoon hanging out together and simply enjoying each other’s company. They left me once visiting hours ended and I was once again left to dwell in my own solitude.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hana's POV

 

 

My eyes shot open so suddenly. A wave of hammering pain in my head welcomed me. Everything that happened before I out flashed right in front of me. The scene where Seungri forcefully rammed into my lips played in my head. The burning rage I had for him lit up into a huge wave of hatred. I was over him and he had the nerve and even balls to crawl back to me asking for a second chance after all these years. Lost in my own thoughts, I was snapped back to reality by a familiar soft voice greeting me. I pushed against the comfort of the white fluffy bed to sit upright. A young woman with black long hair that shimmered under the light and a sweet innocent smile like a goddess greeted me.

“Dara?” I asked with my cracking voice and dried mouth.

“Im Hana! You clumsy klutz! You gave me a heart attack when I saw you being wheeled in here.”

“Where am I?”

“In the hospital silly! Can’t you see I’m in uniform? By the way, how did you hit your head on the door?”

I smiled feebly at her. “Seungri tried to kiss me. I mean he kissed me by force”

“Wah! Jinjja? Wait till I get my hands on that boy! He will feel the wrath of Sandara Park!” she shouted at the top of her lungs, dramatically with both fist into the air. I grinned seeing how cute my best friend was. She has a small petite frame, some may say she looks weak but she has a strong heart and has always been there for me. I couldn’t really imagine how she would look like if she was to throw a punch at Seungri’s face. I couldn’t help myself but laugh.

She recovered from her illusive dramatic episodes and looked at me with beaming eyes and a naughty smirk dancing on her curved lips.

“A little birdie told me that someone’s getting cozy with a really handsome patient in her department.” She said while her thin fingers poked my arms over and over again still sporting the naughty smirk on her face.

I could feel myself blushing feverishly in a matter of seconds. “Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter