Three

Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The bright yellow shine of the sun spilled into the large hospital room through the window, waking Seunghyun from his slumber. His eyelids shot open, revealing his soft brown eyes. He heaved in relieve, happy to be alive. He hated sleeping in the hospital but what choices did he have. He sat up straight on his bed as he stared out the window. He was lucky to get a room with a nice view that overlooked the bustling city. From a distance he watched as the colorful cars sped on the highways in and out of the city. Birds flying pass his window, some even sitting by the window ledge for a pit stop before flying elsewhere. His mind drifted off, thinking about the doctor he met yesterday. Something about her seemed familiar, as if he’s met her before yet it was impossible because he would definitely remember a pretty face like that. But Seunghyun being the workaholic that he is rarely has time to neither meet nor date anyone. He smiled to himself as he remembered how hard his heart pounded against his chest when he first saw Dr Im yesterday. The way it pounded was exactly the same like when he saw the girl at the art museum seven years ago. He was lost in his thoughts, what if today was his last day? He was snapped back to reality when a searing pain struck across his torso. The pain was piercing his heart, he clutch his chest as he gasped for air. Cold sweat trickled down his temple, his nose scrunched while he clenched his teeth trying to overcome the pain. He silently prayed that if he died, it would be less painful. He was struggling for a breath of air, holding on to dear life. When the pain finally passed he slouched back on the white fluffy pillow. He sighed in relieve as he wiped his sweat. He felt all of his energy being drained out of him by the excruciating pain he just experienced. He closed his eyes shut, when suddenly he heard the door being slide open, followed by footsteps. He opened his eyes to look at his early morning visitor. A set of pearly white teeth brightening a beautiful smile was thrown at him. He couldn’t help himself but smiled weakly at his visitor.

“Good morning! You’re up early.” Hana greeted him.

“I can’t sleep well in hospitals, I’m just scared to never wake up again.”

“Well, that explains why you look tired but really Choi ssi you should rest more so your heart doesn’t have to work so much.” She advised as she placed the stethoscope on his chest listening to his heart.

“Just call me Seunghyun. You don’t have to be all formal.”

Hana bit her lips concealing her grin. “You can call me Hana.”

“Hana. Im Hana. That is a beautiful name.”

She simply smiled, in responds to Seunghyun’s compliment. She took the clipboard from the edge of the bed and noted the figures and numbers that were present on the heart monitor.

“Can I ask you a personal question?” He asked.

“What if I say no?” she stopped writing and smiled at him.

“Erm, I’ll hold my breath and die. And because you’re here you’ll be charged with murder and you’ll have to serve in jail for the rest of your life. Even face scary women convicts.”

“So my choices are inappropriate personal questions from my patients or homicide charges?” Hana bit her lips, grinning shyly.

“I know that right?” Seunghyun teased.

“You know what, hold your breath I’ll take my chances. I can do girl on girl.”

 “Oh feisty! How can I blackmail you when you’re this tough?”

They both laughed warily, Hana’s face was slowly turning red as she blushed at the sight of Seunghyun’s handsome smirk. His cute eyes when he laughed. Hana was burning up, her temperature was sky rocketing. If she wasn’t in front of him right now she would be fanning herself in glee like a fanatical fan girl.

“Okay what do you want to know?” she asked after picking up her courage to stare into Seunghyun’s delicate eyes.

“You and that other doctor, Dr Lee I think, are you guys seeing each other or something?”

“Oh, no, no, never. Well we had history but no. I’m single.” Hana answered defensively.

“That’s good. Great.” Seunghyun looked to his hands on his lap, avoiding Hana’s gaze.

“Good? Why?”

“That means I wouldn’t have to fight him for you.”

Hana’s face shot into a deeper shade of red as she blushed furiously. She was now pulling on the loose thread on the sleeve of her white coat, fiddling with it.

“What makes you think I want you to fight him for me?”

Seunghyun thought for a while and a naughty grin formed on his face.

“Cause you think I’m cute.”

Seunghyun then pouted adorably and made V signs with his long lean fingers near his cheeks. Hana couldn’t help but laugh heartily at him.

“You’re crazy.” She said as she hurriedly steps out of the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I stood in front of my locker in the staff’s room. I stared into the mirror, looking at my face that had no makeup at all apart from the red lipstick I smudged on my lips. Seunghyun’s flirty words kept ringing in my head the whole day. A silly smile cracked on my face, once again I felt blood rushing to my head. I blushed furiously thinking of Seunghyun. I quickly shook off the weird thoughts and fantasies I had of him and hurriedly gathered my things. I needed to catch the 10PM bus if I want to get home before midnight. I put on my favorite red sweater to hide the simple t-shirt I had under my intern uniform the whole day. I skidded through the empty hospital halls. There was literally no one roaming the pathway since visiting hours ended an hour ago. I sat patiently at the bus stop. I was the only one waiting there with the company of the dim street light that shined on top of me. I took out my phone from my pocket. I zipped my sweater up in my attempts to keep warm from the strong winds of autumn that blew unsympathetically around me.

Suddenly a midnight black colored Ferrari came to halt right in front of me, the black tinted windows hiding the driver from plain sight. Stunned and scared I stood up from my seat, ready to sprint away just in case. The driver’s screen slowly went down to reveal Seungri in the driver’s seat. He was wearing a black leather jacket over his grey plaid shirt that made him look extra stunning. His smug expression on his face was full of pride as he greeted me.

I was beginning to get annoyed seeing him around.

“What do you want now?” I shot in fury at him.

“Let’s have dinner. Catch up a little.” He smiled cheekily at me. It’s amazing how his expression can change from arrogance to adorable with just a snap of a finger.

“No.” I bluntly rejected as I looked away.

My eyes were looking around in anxiety as I waited for the bus, wishing that it would arrive soon.

“Oh come on! How long are you going to hold on to a grudge against me? That was 7 years ago. Forgive me babe. Let me buy you dinner the very least.” He pleaded persistently.

An ocean of emotio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter