Seventeen

Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“OMO HANA I’M HONESTLY JEALOUS!!! THAT RING IS MAGNIFICENT!!” Bom screamed from the back seat of Dara’s all white Range Rover. I could only nod in acknowledgement as I stared at the huge rock on my finger. We were on our way to pick up Minzy and the bustle in the car with Bom and Dara’s nonstop giggling was fairly distracting when I answered Seunghyun’s call.

“Does my fiancé already miss me?” I cockily .

“It’s so hard to miss you.”

“We just picked up Bommie and we’re on our way to pick up maknae. I’ll see you soon.”

“Omo, Seunghyun ah! Don’t be greedy of our Hana! You’ll see her soon.” Dara shouted from the background. Seunghyun chuckled from the other end of the line.

Yea! It’s not like you’re already married!” Bom added, fueling him to laugh even harder. I couldn’t help myself from smiling at all the teasing from my friends.

“Hey! Don’t tease my fiancé!” I told both of them off. They looked at me with their eyes reduced to thin lines, teasing me silently.

“Gwenchana. I know they mean well.” Seunghyun said.

“I know. I’m just protective of what’s mine. I’ll see you later arasso. I dressed prettily for you.”

“Don’t hang up. Please.” He begged.

“What? Why?”

“I just want to hear your voice. Go on talk with your friends, don’t mind me.”

“Aigoo, that’s weird. It’s like you’re spying on what we say.”

“I’ll pretend like I don’t understand. I just miss you so badly. I want to hear you breath.”

“Aish, this baby! We’ll reach the hospital in half an hour.” I reasoned with him.

“Please.” He pleaded some more, making his voice even cuter than before.

“Fine, but I’m not talking to you till we see each other later.”

“Okay, Bye my love. Saranghae. I love you so so much my one graceful flower of happiness. Take care.”

I put the phone of my lap, allowing it to go on connected to him so he could hear our conversations. It was a weird request from him but I couldn’t say no, not to Seunghyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Four prettily dressed girls went running barefooted through the deserted hospital corridor, making their way from the 2nd floor reception hall where all the interns were gathered. They paced as fast as they could, their sparkling heels in their hands. A panic stricken expression was painted on their façade. The smallest of them all, with golden blond hair tied neatly in a bun was wiping her tear stained face. The black trails of her mascara were smudging her flawless milky white cheeks.

“Where is she?” Chaerin asked the nurse who set frozen in front of a door that stood ajar. She didn’t utter a word but simply pointed towards inside the room. All four girls turned and at that very instant, their heart broke into a million pieces. Dara couldn’t stand it anymore that both her thin feet gave in and she balled immediately in front of the door without even stepping in. From a far it seemed like a perfectly normal couple sleeping in each other’s arms. Hana rested her head on Seunghyun’s chest and wrapped her arms around his waist. Seunghyun lay rigid and stiff next to her. His expressionless face and pale blue lips told a whole different story.

“Hana.” Bom squeaked.

“I think it was a . He was prone to blood clots. A clot could have formed on his sutures, travelled to his brain, killing him in seconds. Dr Yang did a wonderful job on the surgery. But I don’t know why I didn’t think of blood clots. He died all alone, he didn’t get to see me in my dress.” Hana said with an empty gaze to the wall while her hands caressed Seunghyun’s jet black hair. She wasn’t crying, not a single tear ran down her face.

“Unnie, there’s nothing you could have done.” Chaerin said. Dara stood near the door while the other girls were rooted in their spot at the edge of the bed. They all stared at their best friend, watching her emotional breakdown.

“I changed my dress three times. I wanted to look nice, to impress him. I would have been here sooner but I couldn’t figure out which dress to wear.”

“Hana unnie, we shouldn’t be in here.” Minzy spoke softly as she approached Hana’s side.

“There are things they need to do. They need to move him.” Bom added.

“You can’t stay here. I know you want to but…”

“Can you all just get out of here? I need some time so just get out. I need a moment with Seunghyun.”

“Hana that’s not Seunghyun.” Seungri interrupted as he made his way pass the four girls and stood at Hana’s side.

“The minute his heart stop beating, he stopped being Seunghyun. And I know that you love Seunghyun and he also loves you. For a man who loves you as much as Seunghyun wouldn’t want you to do this to yourself. Because it’s not Seunghyun anymore.” Seungri whispered softly to Hana. Hana bit her lips as she tried to hold back her tears.

“An hour ago he was proposing to me, he gave me a beautiful ring. He painted our whole future together. Just half an hour ago he was on the phone with me, and he said he missed me and he wanted to hear my voice and breathe. He told me that he wanted to spend his every breath with me but now he’s gone. I’m the only one left breathing here. Isn’t it ridiculous? Isn’t it the most ridiculous piece of crap you’ve ever heard?”

At this point, her tears couldn’t stop from streaming down her face. Hana was inconsolable as she sobbed into the crook of Seunghyun’s neck. Her black perms that were wrapped in a bun unraveled and covered her face while she cried in agony, planting her tear stained face into Seunghyun’s lifeless body. Her four best friends couldn’t stand the heartbreaking sight, so they simply turned around and looked away to cry. Seungri picked Hana up from the bed and into his arms. She went on weeping into his shoulders as the nurses came in and pulled off all the equipments that Seunghyun was on. His lifeless body was covered with a thin white sheet and was immediately wheeled towards the morgue for autopsy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It has been only a few days since Seunghyun left me and I am a mess. I am crippled without him. Every once in a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter