Till I found you...

A Promise of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye woke up the following day, too excited for her first day of work. Technically, this is just a new employee orientation and her official duty will the day after next. She prepared Minho his breakfast already, then she took a shower and get dressed.

She was about to leave when Minho saw her.

“Aren’t you a bit too early?”he asked.

“I don’t want to be late for my orientation and at the same time, I want to take a bus” she answered.

“You’re acting absurd. You can ride along with me. No need to take public transport” he said.

“I know I can do it but the thing is, I don’t want to. I’ve prepared your  breakfast since Mrs. Wang haven’t arrived yet. I have to go. See you at work” said Shin Hye

Minho uttered a deep sigh and said to Shin Hye “ You’re so stubborn”

She smiled and said “thank you. Take care too” and then she closed the door behind her.

Minho finished immediately eat his breakfast and took a bath then head for work.

When he arrived, Shin Hye was in the lobby already together  with other new employees. What caught his attention is she is talking to a group of young man, about her age and it seems they were having so much fun.

“This won’t do” he said to himself

He approached the front desk and asked the receptionist to call her and to tell her that she’s needed inside Mr. Lee’s office.

She excused herself and softly knock on Minho’s door.

“Come in” he said

“Yes Sir” she said as she walk inside his room

He was serious looking intently at her.

“Is there a problem Sir?” she asked

And then he stood up and walk slowly towards  her and Shin Hye moved backward until her back touches the door already. Minho leaned over her, hands on the door knob, preventing her from going out.

“What is your problem” she asked

“I don’t like it” he said

“Don’t like what? You’re talking in riddles” she said

“I don’t like you talking to other men” he answered

“We were just talking. They were new employees also so we tend to communicate and exchange some pleasantries but that’s all. It doesn’t mean a thing” she explained.

“Nevertheless, I don’t like it. I am jealous when someone makes you laugh, when someone makes you blush, when someone is close to you. I hate it. Because I want you for myself” he confessed

Shin Hye smiled. His honestly makes her heart flutter. She touched his face ,almost caressing “Please don’t be. It doesn’t mean a thing. If there’s someone who makes me laugh, makes me blush and closest  to me, the only person I can think of is you” said Shin Hye.

Then Minho took her hand and kissed it. “You know how to make my heart flutter” and pulled her close for an embrace “Please don’t make me wait too long” and then release her.

She blushed and said “I’d better go. They might think my boss is playing favourites” and then she went outside his room.

The orientation went by so fast. They were taught the regulations of the hotel. The basic courtesy to guest. Standard spiel on guest inquiries. She’s assigned every 6am to 2pm which she requested to their Human Resources Head as she needs to go to school by 3pm.

She texted Minho.”Oppa, I’m done for today. I need to go the school. See you later at home. Don’t wait for me. Take your dinner. My schedule is until 9pm” and she heads to Bus Station when the rain starts to fall. Good thing, she has her umbrella.

She was inside the Bus when Minho called “Where are you? It’s raining. Do you have an umbrella. You should have asked my  driver to bring you to school” he said.

“Oppa, I am not used to this. I can manage. No need to worry about me” said Shin Hye.

“that’s something I can’t promise to do” said Minho

“Oppa, I’m about to go down already. I’ll just see you at home. Goodbye” and then she ended their conversation.

The school was fun. Even it was her first day only, she had few acquaintances already. Some were calling her Eunnie and Noona and she felt a bit awkward but her mind is fixed on finishing her studies. It’s her last class. One of her major subject  which is a prerequisite to her subject next semester. Although she’s fond of math, she needs to review as it has been 4 years.

When their professor arrived, she was surprised to see that he was almost about her age. When he saw her, he said “ Looks like we have a new student here. I think you owe me an introduction” he said smiling.

She immediately stood up and said “ Good Evening  Sir, I am Park Shin Hye. I am a working student. I work in the morning at Dynasty Hotel and in the afternoon, I am a student” .

“Well, Ms. Shin Hye, I am Professor  Kim. Since you missed almost 3 weeks of class already, you may find our discussion a bit advance but I am willing to give you a free catch up mode class on Saturdays. I think 2 Saturdays will do” he said.

“Thank you very much Professor nim” and then they proceed with the class.

However, her professor was amazed that she was able to catch up immediately. She has been active in the class. When it ended, she had so much fun.

“Ms. Shin Hye, you impressed me. I think you wont be needing an extra class” and then Shin Hye blushed “ Thank you very much Sir. Actually, Math is one of my favourite subjects. Glad I was able to catch up” and then she looked at her watch, it’s almost 9:30 already.

“I’ve got to go Sir. My last bus leaves at 10 pm. See you tomorrow” and then she hurried towards the door.

When she reached the main gate of their school, she was too surprised to find Minho waiting for her. She smiled upon seeing him and then he approached her too.

“How was school?” he asked

“It was fun. What are you doing here? I thought I texted you.” Said Shin Hye

“Do you think I will let you ride on a bus this late?” he said and then added “I’m hungry. Let’s grab something to eat before we go home” and then he took her bag and her books.

She was happy. He was the sweetest person she ever knew. He has his moods but she can tolerate it. Then she was about to get inside the car when Professor Kim called her “ Ms. Park..” and then she turned and closed the door, leaving Minho inside the car, already in the driver seat.

“I forgot, I need some extra hand over the weekend. We will be having a math & science club exhibit and I need someone to organize the event. I hope you’re still free?” he asked

“Sure, no problem Professor Kim. I don’t have work during weekends. I haven’t done such activities for the longest time, I’m a bit excited” and then she smiled and tuck her hair behind her ear.

Minho saw it and honk the horn of his car.

“Professor, I need to go. My... ahmmm... “ she cannot explain her relationship with Minho and then she just said  “ My step brother is busy and I need to go” and then she hurried inside the car.

“What was that, smiling ear to ear with that man?” his eyes and tone demanding for an answer.

“He was my professor. He just want me to take part in the school activity this weekend, that’s all and I agreed” she said.

“Wow, a personal invitation” he said and started his car engine

“Well, next time, if you will pick a fight with me, don’t bother to fetch me” said Shin Hye and looked outside the window.

They drove in silence, no one is speaking until Minho pulled over the side walk.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to be like that” he said

“I’m  sorry too but I hate it, when you act this  way. If you want, I’m going to study in a monastery instead” and that made him smile. He took her hand and squeeze it.” Come on, I’m hungry. Enough of this petty quarrel” and then they made their way in a restaurant.

She just ord

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter