Prejudice

A Promise of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Minho woke up, Shin Hye was not in bed anymore. He smiled knowing they slept together. He went out of her room and tried to find her in the kitchen, in the living room, in the garden, but she’s not there.

He took his celphone to check if she left any message but there was none. Where could she be?  He tried to call her phone. Though it was ringing, she wasn’t picking it up.

After 30 mins, someone was opening  the door and when it opened, Shin Hye was carrying grocery bags. “Yah, why didn’t you wake me up?” he asked as he took the bags from her. “And what time did you woke up?” he asked

“Good morning , Oppa. I always wake up early. I checked the fridge and it seems we don’t have much food already” she said while arranging the grocery.

“This is not much, just the basics. You know I don’t have much money yet. I’ll wait until my first payday” and then Minho moved swiftly behind her and gave her a back hug. “ I can give you your allowance” he said. “Oppa, stop. We’ve been through this already” she said.

“Baby, it’s your share. It’s not entirely my money. My father gave you an inheritance and you ought to receive a monthly allowance” said Minho.

She looked up at him and cupped his face “ I’ll ask money if I need one. Currently, I can still manage. I will cook quickly, then I have to leave” and planted a quick kiss on his cheeks.

“Do you have class today?” he asked

“No, but I have to give a hand to Prof Kim. We will have an exhibit next week” she replied.

“Don’t go” he said

“Oppa, I made a promise to my professor. I will go back as soon as were finished. Ok?” she assured him.

“I’ll just go with you” he said.

She looked at him “Oppa, No. I don’t want you to go with me. Think of something better to do at home” and smiled at him.

She turned her back at him and started to prepare omelette. She was aware that he moved behind her and hug her. “ Why do I think that you’re ashamed of me? Aren’t you proud that I am your boyfriend?” he asked.

She smiled upon hearing it and turned around to face him “ You, Mr. Lee Min Ho , is always thinking that I love you less “ and she leaned towards his face and planted a quick kiss on his lips. And added “ Would it make you happy if you come with me?”

He was smiling from ear to ear “ Yes” and then he pulled her and embraced her. “ We haven’t been together too long. We should be inseparable at this stage”. They stayed like that for a moment and then he let her go. “Lets have a quick breakfast and then go to your school and let’s grab our lunch”.

Upon reaching school, he parked his car and said “ You go ahead. I’ll just make some important calls” and kissed the corner of . “ I’ll be in the auditorium. Go straight and then turn left “ she instructed.

She arrived just in time. Prof Kim saw her and immediately welcome her. “Thank you for coming Ms. Park” he said.

“Prof Kim, please do call me Shin Hye” and then she asked “ So what am I going to do?”

“I need you to do some cut-outs and also to help with the decorations. Painting and stuff” he said.

“Ok, no problem” she said.

It must have been an hour and she finished the cut outs. Prof Kim checked her work “ Wow, you worked fast” he said, amazed with Shin Hye.

“Can you tell me where to get the paints? “ she asked

“It’s right there. You need to paint the canvass. It will be our back draft. The mock layout is there” and then he proceed with what he’s doing.

Minho arrived in the auditorium finding Shin Hye doing her task. He went to her side and said “Need a hand”

She turn around “ Oppa! “ and then he said “You looked surprised to see me” and then he  added “ Come on, let me help you” and then she said “ Just take a seat. I’m about to finish this in a hour”

Prof Kim saw Shin Hye talking to someone. He recognized him immediately. He was her step brother. The way  they are smiling and gazing at each other, it seems they aren’t. He stood up and went to their location.

“Shin Hye, do you still have paint?” he asked

“Yes Professor. Btw, you’ve met already?” she said

“Yes, your professor right?” said Minho

“You are the step brother” said Prof Kim

He looked at Shin Hye and  it made her worry. She knows Minho will not like it

“Actually, I am not his step brother as our parents didn’t marry each other.  And now, I am her boy friend” said Minho

Prof Kim looked at Shin Hye, seems to be awaiting for her reply .

And Minho was awaiting for her confirmation as well

“Prof Kim, meet my boyfriend Lee Min Ho” and then she added “ oh my, look at the time, it’s almost lunch.  Professor, im almost done. We have to go” she said. She can’t decipher why these two men was silent, almost about to cut each other’s throat.

“Just leave it Ms. Park. Someone will finish that. Thank you for coming” and then he turned his back on them.

It was Shin Hye prior knowing my relationship with Minho and now it’s back to Ms. Park. She said to herself and just shrugged her shoulders.

She took wipes on her bag and starts to clean hand hand from traces of paints. Minho went to her side and took some wipes from her “You got paint on your face “ and starts to remove them.

“He likes you” he said while removing paint from her face

“Yah, you’re imagining things” said Shin Hye

“I’m a man. I know his sort” said Minho

“I don’t care whether he likes me or not. It’s you that I like” she said and she saw how his mood changed. His face lightened and quickly kiss her lips

“Yah! “ and then she looked around and saw Prof Kim looking at them. He turned his back on them and walk away

“Come on, I am hungry” he said and held her hand

“Why do I feel like you won on a contest or a lottery and I was the prize” she said pouting.

“Yes, I won the first prize. How lucky can I get” and then he took hand and kiss her knuckles.

“I love you Ms. Park Shin Hye” he said.

“And I love you too Mr. Lee Min ho” she answered back.

The lunch was as usual so much fun for them.  While drinking their coffee, his phone rang “ Hello, this is Lee Min ho” he said. And then he smiled and signals that he will take the call outside.

Shin Hye ate the last piece of cake and watch Minho as he took the call outside. He seemed to be happy with the call.

While waiting, the thought of leaving the house came to her mind. It’s against her principles. Though she loves him so much, living in a same roof with him is wrong.

When he returned, he was smiling from ear to ear

“You seemed happy Oppa, with that call” she said.

“It’s our business partner in Japan. The contract has been signed and we will start to build our first Dynasty Hotel in Tokyo, Japan. I have been eyeing this project for 3 years now and finally, it will materialize” he said.

“Oppa, I’m so happy for you “ and then she clasped her hands with his and squeeze it tight”

“You are indeed my lucky star” said Minho

“Why do you always throw the compliments back at me.  You’re so hard working. You deserve every success you have right now” she said.

After paying the bill, they were heading home when Minho said “ I will be leaving for a week or two. I would love you to come with me but I know you have school” he said and then added “ I am worried that I will be leaving on your own for 2 weeks”

“Oppa, I’ve been alone in US for more than 10 years. Being alone for 2 weeks is something I can manage” she smiled

“I think it’s me who needs convincing that I can bear to be apart from you for 2 weeks” he said as he opened the car door and pulled over the house.

“We have a life time to be together” she said as she stepped out of the car. Minho pulled her into an embrace “ I’m going to miss you” he said and kiss her quickly on her lips as they walk towards the direction of their house.

Once inside the house, Shin Hye asked “ Oppa, when are you going to leave?”

“Actually, I’m leaving on Monday. I need to pack my luggage. Will you help me?”

“Sure, I’ll get something from my room. Do you want to do it now? Or Later? “ she asked.

“I’ll just check some emails for a while. I’ll call you later” he said.

Shin Hye went to her room and changed into something comfortable and lay in bed for a while. She looked at the time, it’s only 5pm and plenty of time to cook for their dinner without realizing she drifted off to sleep.

Minho was looking for Shin Hye when he silently crept in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter