Dreaming of You

A Promise of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho left earlier than  Shin Hye. She needs to get all her school documents before returning to Seoul. In LAX, before checking in, Shin Hye volunteered to accompany Minho in the airport. They said their goodbyes. He cupped her  face and said “ You’ve promised that you will come back. I will wait for you” and then she answered “ I will. Take care now. See you soon” and then he gave her an embrace and let her go.

She was moving already towards the direction of exit door when Min ho grabbed her hands and hug her again and whisper in her ear “ Don’t change your mind. Even if you do, I’ll make sure to find you” and then he let her go. Shin hye smiled and waved at Minho.

It flutters her heart but at the same time, she’s afraid on where it would lead. One step at a time.

She went to her school to get all her records as she wants to ensure she won’t missed any documents relative to her study. Then she will be going to her employer. She will hand in her resignation as well.

It’s been a week and she still haven’t booked any flight back to Seoul. Minho has been calling her daily to check if she booked a flight already, if she got all the documents she needs but she’s just buying time. She wants to go home but she’s having reservation on what to expect back in Korea.

There was an incident wherein she and Minho got into a heated argument. “Yah, Shin Hye, it’s been a week and you haven’t  got a ticket yet. You’re full of excuses. If you don’t want to go home, just tell me”and then she shouted back “ I didn’t want to go back. You’re the one insisting. If you’re going to be like that, I’d better stay here and not return at all” and then she ended their conversation.

The following day, she received a bouquet of roses. Minho arranged for it to be delivered to her. On the note, it says “I’m sorry. I’m just getting frustrated. We are miles apart. Please come back soon. I miss you and I love you”

That made her smile and her anger vanished. How can she resist him.  “ I will be coming back to Korea. That I can promise” said Shin Hye.

Later that week, she booked her flight and in two weeks time, she’ll be going back.

She was in her room packing her clothes, excited to go home, but at the back of her mind, she has some worries.

Would she be staying with Minho? Or should she be renting an apartment? She thought of Soo Hyun. The best person who can help her.

He advised her to live in an apartment instead of living in with Minho. “Whether you are in a relationship or not, you have to live a life of your own. You should learn from your past mistakes Shin Hye. I don’t have any doubt that you two love each other but this time around, you cannot let your heart rule over your mind. You will be hurt because you allow others to hurt you and Lee Min ho is not an exception” said Soo Hyun

“I know a place where you can stay. It’s a  studio type apartment and with furnitures already. It belongs to a friend of mine. She will be glad to take you in” he added.

“Thank you, Oppa. For always being there for me” said Shin Hye.

“You know that I will always be there for you. I am your Oppa, right?” he said

“See you soon. And say hi to Ji Hye for me” she said and ended their conversation.

Soon, the days passed by.  Shin Hye is now is LAX waiting for her flight to be called. Her phone rang and she knows it’s Lee Min ho. “ I’m about to board now” she said. “Just call me as soon as you landed. I will pick you up tomorrow” said Minho.

She haven’t informed Minho yet her plans but she felt she doesn’t need to tell him.

“Ok, Oppa. See you. They are calling my flight now”

Inside the plane, she was looking for her seat number. And when she found it, there was a man sitting on her assigned seat. “Excuse me, I think you got the wrong seat” said Shin Hye. The man wasn’t looking at her and continue to read the book he was holding.

“Yah, can you move to your assigned seat?” she said, not wanting to shout and create a scene but at the same time too irritated.

The man looked up at her, and continue to stare at her face.

“Don’t you think it’s impolite to stare like that? And can you please move?” she said

The man stood up and gave her a wicked smile.

Shin Hye was too pissed. She will endure the entire flight with this man.

The light dimmed as the Flight attendant announced their take off.

SHin Hye thought of reading a book but decided to just sleep. This is the best way to get rid of this annoying person beside her.

During the course of the flight, the pilot announce that they are experiencing turbulence. This is the reason why she hate flying because of the feeling of dizziness and honestly, she felt she’s about to vomit. Shin Hye took the airsickness bag because she really can’t help it.

Much to her surprise, the man was looking at her and asked if she’s ok.

She just nodded but  he took his handkerchief and gave it to her. She ‘s really feeling bad.

“I am sorry. It’s quite embarrassing. I am really not fond of flying” she explained

“It’s ok. My sister also suffers airsickness. Sorry for my behaviour earlier. I was just trying to tease you” he said.

“Thank you for helping me just now” said Shin Hye

“I’m Jung Ill Woo by the way” he said

“Park Shin Hye” she answered

When the unfastened seat belt sign was on, Shin Hye was about to stand up but Ill Woo stopped her.

“Where are you going?”he asked

“I’ll have to throw this to the trash bin inside the lavatory” said Shin Hye

“No let me do it. Just rest for a while. You might faint or something” said Ill Woo

“No, don’t embarrass me further” said Shin Hye

“Of course not. It will be my pleasure to help you. My little damsel in distress” said Ill Woo.

He left, holding the airsickness bag.

When he came back, Shin Hye’s seat was in reclining position and also her eyes closed.

“Are you sleeping?” he asked

“No, I just want to rest for a while. I am really not feeling well” said Shin Hye.

“Just rest for a while. I can be your arm pillow” he said

“It’s ok. I can manage already” and she gave him a sweet smile before finally closing her eyes. Few minutes later, her steady breathing indicates that she’s s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter