Falling...

A Promise of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye was packing her things. Minho was helping her sort her things. She was wondering what got into her. Agreeing to live in his house. Well, as he put it, it was part of the will of his dad but she should have bargained and not to accept it all. Is she too greedy? Not wanting to have some hardship at all. She must have been in daze for sometime that she didn’t notice Minho came in the room.

“Are you ok?” he asked.

She was startled “Yah, Minho ssi, don’t you ever knock?” she hissed.

“What are you thinking about? You seemed too engross on something” sounding so curious

“I feel I’m just too greedy?” she said

“Why?” he asked, now he is sitting in front of her

“Well, for one, I am moving into your house  when I don’t even know you that well. I’m just relying on the fact that my mother trust you and she likes you. Then, I feel I have choices but I chose the easy way. The fortune, as you say it.. and it makes me feel  bad and yes, feel like I’m too greedy to get rid of the hardships “ she reasoned out.

“Was your life in LA that easy?” he asked

She smiled wryly. “Of course not. When dad got involve in alcoholism and stuff, I was forced to move out of my relative’s house. They didn’t kick me out but I felt I was becoming a burden. I had to earn while sending myself to school. But when my father got sick, I need to quit schooling and focus on work. Almost 20 hours work a day. I feel old for my age” she confessed

“So where’s the greedy part coming from? You led a complicated life at a young age. Just think of this as a reward. You lose some, you win some. Don’t be too hard on yourself. And you don’t look old” he said

That made Shin Hye smile.

“You should smile often. It suits you. Come on, let hurry disposing all these stuff” he said.

Minho just ordered stir fried food and have it delivered in Shin Hye’s house. It’s almost lunch time and she haven’t prepared any food yet. When she went out of the room, she saw the food.

“Gosh,sorry, I forgot” she exclaimed.

“How can you forgot food when it’s lunch time already? unless you ...  Don’t tell me you always skip meals?” he asked demandingly

When she blushed, Minho said “ I knew it. That’s why you’re so light. Come on, Let’s eat and let’s go. We still need to go shopping for your school stuff”

“Are you really trying to be my guardian?” she asked

“Well, I am  trying to help you out. I realized that I don’t want to be your guardian anymore?” he said

“So what are you now? What are you trying to become?” she asked.

Minho was staring intently at her, almost piercing through her skin.

“I am still trying to figure that out. Meanwhile, enough of this chatting and let’s eat” and then both of them ate in silence.

From time to time, she caught Minho stealing glances at her which makes her uncomfortable but in a good way.

When she had the courage to look at him while his head is bowed down eating the rice in box,  she realized how really good looking he is. His lashes are so long and his nose is perfect. And when she seemed to be engross in staring at him, he suddenly looked up and their eyes met, causing Shin Hye to blush and choke.

Minho immediately offered bottled water. “Are you ok?” he asked.

“Yes! “ she said

Minho smiled and continue with eating.

It was almost late in the afternoon when Shin Hye finished packing and at the same time cleaning their stuff.She will not give up the house and agreed with the land lady that she will just pay the rent. She tried to call her nanny if she wants to move in their house together with her family.

She was in the doorway. Honestly, since she didn’t live long in this house, she doesn’t feel anything at all except that the memories of her dad will be kept inside this house. As she closed the door, she felt tears falling on her cheeks. “Goodbye, Appa. Look after me as I move on to a new chapter of my life”.

Minho went to her side and held her shoulder. He wipe her tears with his thumb. “It’s ok. You will not regret making this decision. Think about your future. Promise, I will always be here for you” and then he pulled her for an embrace.

She didn’t know what got into her but  she put her hands on his waist , welcoming his embrace. They stood like that for sometime until Minho softly pushed her. “Feeling better?” he asked. She nodded and much to her surprise, he kissed her forehead and led her inside the car.

His actions confuses her but no doubt in her mind that she felt safe and secure in his arms.

“I think we should go the shop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter