Bewitched

A Promise of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was laying in bed. Minho was watching her while she sleeps. She must be really exhausted for her  to  passed  out just like  that. He looked at his watch. It’s already dinner time. He can do this all night. He realized. He finds peace just by looking at her. He uttered a deep sigh and headed towards the door.

“Master Lee, would you like to have your dinner?” Mrs. Wang asked. She has been with them  since he was young. He smiled. “I am not hungry yet” and just sat on the stool, his back leaning on the counter top. “Master Lee, can I ask you a question?” Minho nodded.”Who is that girl? Is she your girlfriend?” and then she smiled. “No, she’s not. I barely know her. She’s Mrs. Park’s , I mean, Omoni’s  daughter. Park Shin Hye”.

Mrs. Wang was surprised. “That’s the reason why she looked so much like Madam Park”.

Minho went to his room and  lay on his bed.  He was staring at the ceiling. His mind cluttered. As soon as she wakes us, she will know how tangled their life is.

Shin Hye stirred from her  sleep. She immediately look around her and she’s in an unfamiliar place. She looked at her clothes. She’s wearing a man’s shirt. An oversized men shirt. She pulled the blanket just beneath her chin. What happened? That man, did something happened to them? She was looking for her clothes but none to avail. She sat on the edge of the bed and can still feel the throbbing of her head. She heard footsteps approaching the door, which makes her lay again in bed and cover herself. The door opened and she felt footsteps approaching the bed. The bathroom light opened and she peeked , still pretending to be sleeping and saw a woman. Then closed the light and went out of the room.

She immediately stood up and went inside the bathroom. She found her clothes now hanged near the closet. She dressed and when she emerged from the bathroom, much to her surprise,  a man was sitting, looking at her. She immediately looked for the switch to open the bedroom light.

“Hello! “ it was Lee Min ho.

She blushed upon seeing him in this room with her. She was barefooted and she can feel his stare piercing through her.

“Do you still remember me?” he asked.

She blinked and close her eyes, trying to recall his name. “Lee Min ho ssi?” and then he smiled.

“At least you remember. Did you remembered that you also passed out and luckily, I was there to catch you when you fell “ he said.

“Yes, and thank you for that. May I ask something? Hope you will not laugh at me? “ she said.

“Ok, what is it?” he asked back

“Who took my clothes off? “ she asked

“I took off your clothes” he said

Her face turned red, she could feel her skin burning “ Did we do something?” she asked shyly.

Lee Min ho laughed, making her flushed more.

“I am just kidding you. And I didn’t know you have a one track mind. Mrs. Wang took your clothes  off as you were soaked to the bones. Glad she’s here. If not, then I will be obliged to do that. I don’t know if something will happen. It will be beyond my control “ he said

She uttered a deep sigh. Thankful that she didn’t embarrass herself further.

“I didn’t know your house so I just brought you here. Anyways, you belong in this house eventually” he said.

“What do you mean by that?” she asked.

“You’ll know in time. Meanwhile, are you hungry? Let’s have dinner” he said.

She shook her head. “ I’ve bothered you enough. I need to go back to the hospital as my father is sick” said Shin Hye.

“ No, I insist that you have your dinner first. Then my driver can drop you to the hospital” he said.

He was right. She didn’t eat anything for today except the food from the airplane.

He led her to the kitchen where the food is waiting.

“Hello Ms. I am Mrs. Wang. I was the one who remove your clothes . I hope you didn’t mind. I can’t bear to see you get sick” she said.

“Thank you very much Ahjumma” said Shin Hye.

“Eat the soup first” said Mrs. Wang

She was starting to eat when she noticed Minho was staring at her.

“Is there something wrong?” she asked.

“Nothing, just continue to eat” said Minho

“Where are the other members of your family” she asked.

“I am an orphan already. My real mom, died 12 years ago. My step mom died almost 4 years ago and my dad, he died just recently” he said.

Her face changed. She felt her heart  ache for his pain “I am sorry to hear that” said Shin Hye.

“It’s ok. All of us will die anyway. But I miss them” he confessed.

“It’s ok if you don’t want to talk about them. I don’t want to make you feel sad” said Shin Hye.

“Just tell me about yourself” he said

“Well, I just came from LA today. I just learned today that my mother died almost 4 years ago. I don’t know the reason why my father didn’t inform me. I can’t be mad at him right now as he is sick but I feel so sad” and then she just realized tears fell from her eyes and she immediately wiped it not wanting Minho to see her tears. But it was too late. He saw it, despite their distance, both of them seating at the opposite sides of the dining table. He stood up and pulled a chair near her. He took her hand and pulled her which surprised her. She was in his arms. “ It’s ok to cry about it” and then she pushed him softly “I am ok” and she looked on her food. “I need to finish eating. I really need to go back to the hospital” said Shin Hye.

He went back to his seat. Shin Hye was too nervous. The feeling was so intense. Her palms sweating. “Shin hye, just eat your food. Sorry If I embraced you. Just think of it as a brother who wants to comfort his baby sister” he said.

Shin Hye looked at him. So she’s just assuming. He look at her as a baby sister and not as a woman. She should be happy. She’s safe. But why she felt slightly hurt.

She finished her food and then Minho stood up and said, “Wait for me” and then he left. When he comes back, he was holding a medicine kit. “You have slight fever this afternoon. I just want to make sure you’re ok now” and then he took the thermometer to check on her. “Hmm.. it’s seems you’re ok now. Just take this medicine”. He opened it already and took her hand. When their hands touched, she felt something. “ Will you stop that , I’m not going to pounce on you” and then he smiled.

“Do you know  where my shoes are?” she asked. “ I really need to go back to the hospital” she added.”Yes, I will give you your shoes but lets have coffee first. Come on, lets go to the living room” said Minho.

“I should clear the table”  said Shin Hye.

“Leave it, Mrs. Wang can do it” said Minho

She followed him, going into the living room.

She looked around the house and said “ You have a very nice house” said Shin Hye.

“Do you like my house?”he asked.

“Yes! “ she answered

“Do you want to live here?” he asked again

Her eyes widened with his question. “I beg your pardon?” she asked

And when they reached the living room, she was surprised to see the picture

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter