Second Chances

A Promise of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Monday morning. Shin Hye was looking at her closet. Can’t decipher what to wear on her first day of work. She wants to make an impression in Dynasty. That she rightfully belong there because of her ability and not because she is Minho’s girlfriend.

She planned to just take a cab since Minho didn’t tell her that he will pick her up. She chose an  A line skirt, just right above her knee and a long sleeves blouse , however, the neckline was low cut. She look at herself in the mirror and she smiled. She really looked like an office girl. She applied very light make up and her usual lipgloss. She took her coat and went out of her room.

Much to her surprise, Minho was sitting in the couch waiting for her, reading the newspaper and he also brought coffee and croissant for their breakfast.

“Oppa, you gave me a scare. When did you arrive?” she asked as she tip toed and kiss him on his cheeks.

“Less than 10 minutes I guess. You gave me a key to your house so I decided to just enter” he explained.

He looked at her and said “Aren’t you wearing a rather revealing blouse? “ and then she laughed

“No, I brought a coat with me. This is just ok” she replied.

He stood up and starting to move closer to her. “Good morning, baby. I had the most pleasant sleep last night. Because I am not settling for dreams anymore. You are just right beside me” said Minho.

“Did you just come here to flirt with me?” she asked

“Why not, it’s my expertise” he answered

“Yah, Oppa. Enough of this. I don’t want to be late for work. I know the boss is quite strict” said Shin Hye

“Well, this is part of your orientation” said Minho

Shin Hye laughed and pulled his hand.”Come on, we better leave before wild things run into your head” she said and they just bring the coffee with them.

It took them 15 minutes to reach Dynasty. As soon as he pulled over in front of the hotel, he went down and opened Shin Hye’s door.

“I’m nervous Oppa” said Shin Hye

“Don’t be. I will be here, I will support you along the way” said Minho and kissed her on her forehead.

They walked hand in hand as other employee kept looking at them.

While waiting for the elevator, someone approached behind them and cleared his throat.

“Hmmm, I assume you got back together?” looking at their clasped hands.

It was Il Woo.

Minho raised their entwined fingers and said “ Yes, we did” and pulled Shin hye on the other side away from him.

He chuckled. “No matter how you drag your girlfriend away from me, we will be working closely together. I am her boss, right”

Shin Hye felt Minho’s hand tightened and she leaned closer. “Oppa, he’s just teasing you” and then he looked at Shin Hye and planted a kiss on her nose “Stay away from him. I trust you but it’s him I don’t trust. I may transfer you to a different department” he said

“Let’s talk about it later” said Shin Hye as the elevator door opened, allowing them to enter the lift.

“So Shin Hye, are you excited to work under our department? I promise you, you will not regret joining our team” said Il Woo while Minho was silent, still holding on to her hand.

“Of course. But I know I need to learn a lot. I just hope you’ll be patient with me” said Shin Hye

“Don’t worry, i am a very patient man. You can count on that” said Ill Woo, his eyes looking at Minho’s direction.

She felt Minho’s hand grip hers tighter that’s why Shin Hye broke the tension between the two.

“Oppa, let’s grab lunch later. I missed eating  authentic Korean food” as she leaned her head on his shoulders. Wanting him to be ease up a bit.

Minho put a finger on her chin and tilted her head up. “ It’s a date, baby” and kissed her on the tip of her nose.

“So much PDA on first day of work” said Ill Woo

“Oh look, it’s  your floor Oppa, see you later at lunch. I’ll go straight first to HR” said Shin Hye and Minho stepped out of the elevator, then glanced at Ill Woo.

“If looks could kill, I’ll be dead by now” said Ill Woo as the door closes.

“Yah, Ill Woo. Stop doing that. We just got back and we want to start afresh” said Shin Hye.

“If he trust you, whatever I do, he will not be affected” said Ill Woo.

“And besides, I just want us to be friends. Since you will be working with me, I want you to feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter