Sleep Over

A Promise of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything has been so perfect. Well, almost perfect for Shin Hye. She loved her new job. Ill Woo was right. It was indeed demanding but she really loves it. The perks of finishing her degree in the US. Aside from being fluent in English coupled with her wit and also her love for numbers, everything was just peanuts with her.

After getting all the facts that she needs, she was about to prepare their groups presentation for the board regarding the expansion feasibility. She was working closely with the design team. It’s been hard work but so far, everything was worth it.

It’s been a month since she stared working again for Dynasty and Lee Minho has been so far very supportive. He stays with her when she needs to extend work hours. He still stays in his office, but knowing that he will wait for her, makes heart flutter.

It was 3 in the afternoon when she received a text message from Minho.

“Baby, I’m going to be late this evening.  I don’t think I’ll be able to fetch you but I asked my driver to wait for you. Sorry, but we have an emergency meeting and I don’t know what time I will be free”

She uttered a deep sigh. Not that she didn’t understand but she missed him. Not seeing him the whole day is something she’s not used to. She replied :

“Oppa, I will just go home early. I’ll just take a cab. Let your driver wait for you. You know the traffic here in Seoul is crazy. I miss you and I love you”

When Minho received her message,  he missed her more. Damn his busy schedule.

“Baby, I miss you more. I’ll make it up to you over the weekend”

It was almost 4 pm when Ill Woo entered Shin Hye’s office  and placed the folder on her table.

“Shin Hye, can you run again the figures for this report. I am not confident with the assumptions Hae Won made. I am right about not giving her a project but it was you who insisted. I need to submit this to the board tomorrow “ said Ill Woo

“Let me check, do you have the soft copy. Please email it to me, and all the other files related to this project” said Shin Hye.

Ill Woo went to his office and bring his lap top, sent the file and discuss the details one by one. Hae Won was on leave so she have no choice but to do this since Hae Won is reporting under Shin Hye’s team.

“Yap, I’ve seen where the error is. The GDP  and Inflation rate she used were someone unrealistic and it seems the ROI is very ambitious. Don’t worry, I’ll just stay and will just email this to you” said Shin Hye

And then Ill Woo sneezed, and that was the time Shin Hye noticed that he looks sick.

“Yah, Ill Woo, I think you better go home. You look sick” said Shin Hye

“This is because of Hae Won. She spreads the virus here in the office” and then sneeze some more.

“Yah, you’re the one spreading the virus. Come on, go home. I don’t want to be the next victim” said Shin Hye

“You’re a gem, Shin Hye “ and then pinched her cheeks and left her.

She knows that Minho will still be in the meeting and decided to just text him later.

She revised all the report prepared by Hae Won. Ill Woo is correct. She still needs to be trained.

It was almost 10pm and she was still halfway. And she’s hungry. She stood up from her desk and walk towards the pantry and just made herself coffee.

On her way back to the office, she felt her rumbling stomach. She decided to just finish the report and will just make herself sandwich at home.

It was 11 pm when her office door opened and much to her surprise, Minho was standing there, carrying a paper bag.

“Oppa, what are you doing here?” she asked

“No , what are you doing here? It’s past bedtime already” said Minho

“Long story but I’m about to finish this in an hour” said Shin Hye

“Ill Woo called me. He was guilty for making you work overtime and I was so mad at him. Lucky for him, he was sick” said Minho as he put the paper bag on the center table and started to unpack the food he brought.

“Come on, you’re hungry. I haven’t eaten as well. Just got off from the meeting an hour ago “ said Minho

“Oppa, food.. I love you” said Shin Hye

“You love me because of the food?” he asked, smiling at her.

“Yes and No. Yes, because  I am really hungry. To the point of nearly passing out. And No, I don’t love you just because of the food, but because you thought of this, which made my heart flutter again. You know, you always do that” said Shin Hye.

Minho took the chopstick and started to put food on .

“Oppa, I am capable of feeding myself. See, I got hands” she said

“I know, but I want to do this. Because I missed you today” he said and leaned closer to her and kissed the corner of .

“My oppa is so sweet” said Shin Hye

They ate in silence. Minho was staring at her while feeding her. She was smiling at him. I am indeed a very lucky girl.

“Oppa, I can’t take any single bite anymore. I am so full. I’ll go back to work so I can finish this” said Shin Hye.

Shin Hye was so engrossed with her work, while Minho was watching her.

She’s different when she’s working.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter