Patiently Waiting...

A Promise of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Both of them were sitting in the couch. Neither of them talking. “Are you ok?” said Minho.She looked up at him and smiled and said “ Yes, I am ok” and then he asked again “What are you thinking?”  She took a deep breath and  said “Everything is happening so fast. These are all new to me and I am not ready for anything yet” said Shin Hye.

Minho sat next to her and took her hand “I am not pressuring you. You’re right. We barely know each other. But let’s give it a try” said Minho, his voice low, reassuring Shin Hye.

“Minho ssi, I still stand by what I said last time. I don’t want to have any relationship as of this time. I need to finish my studies. I don’t want any complications” said Shin Hye.

“I am not exempted to that rule?” he asked, smiling at her, acting cute.

“Yes, no one is exempted and that includes you” she said.

“Let’s get to know each other better. I am now getting awkward living here in your house. I shouldn’t have left my old house” said Shin Hye

Minho’s expression changed “Do you think I will do things that you don’t like, that you don’t have any consent? Do you think I am some freak who take advantage of helpless female?” he asked.

“Well, I am neither helpless and definite you can’t make me do what I don’t like” said Shin Hye

And then Minho laughed “ I thought so too”

She looked at her watch” Yah, Minho ssi, it’s almost midnight. I think I have to sleep” said Shin Hye.

“Now, are you inviting me?” he asked

“You want to die?” she said lips pouting.

Then he was silent “ I am telling you now that I am beginning to like you. It’s a good start” said Minho

“Let’s see where it leads. You’re someone special. Let’s leave it at that for a moment” said Shin Hye.

“Are you mad at me?” he asked

“Why should I be mad at you?” she asked back

“Because I kissed you” he said

“I am surprised, shock maybe but I am not mad. But I hope it won’t happen again” said Shin Hye

Minho smiled “ I won’t let it happen  again unless you beg me to kiss you” and then he laughed real loud.

“Well, it won’t happen. Begging someone for a kiss” she said

“Well, should we bet on it” he challenged her

“Sure, and when that time comes, when I beg you to kiss me, I’ll do anything you want “ she said

“Deal? “ asked Minho and he extended his hands  and she extended her own and clasped his.

And he gently pulled her and Shin Hye immediately cover

“Next time you cover your mouth, I will definitely kiss you, whether you beg or not” and then he let her go.

Shin Hye run to her room smiling.

Despite staying up late, Shin Hye still manages to wake up early. As promised, they will be going out today. She thought of  packing their lunch. She looked at his food stock and check if she can make kimbap.

She only prepared Omelette and French toast for breakfast.

When Minho woke up, he was too excited since they will be going out today. He was surprised to find Shin Hye in the kitchen already preparing their breakfast. Day by day, he is loving her personality. Very domesticated, caring and every day, the need to wake up next to her is getting stronger.

She’s finished doing kimbap and just carefully arranging it in the container when she noticed his presence. “Good Morning Minho ssi” said Shin Hye. He frowned and she saw it. “Do you need anything?” she asked.

“Can you call me Oppa?” he asked.

She smiled and said, “Sure, Minho Oppa. Would you like some coffee, Oppa? I going to make one, Oppa?”

“Are you trying to end every sentence with Oppa? You’re playing around with me?” he asked, sounding amused

Shin Hye smiled and continue with what she’s doing.

“Just eat your breakfast while I take a shower. Do  you want to accompany me today? Just like what I put in the note unless you are still holding a grudge over what happened last night?”

“You, Ms. Park Shin Hye, will get a dose of your own medicine soon. If I  am your boyfriend, I will definitely punish you for bringing back the subject which we happened to close last night” he was still sounding amuse.

And then he stopped laughing “ I will wait until you are ready” and pinched her cheek

Shin Hye was smiling ear to ear. Honestly, she’s not too keen to enter in a relationship. She’s happy with this arrangement. Acknowledging   that they are special to each other.  More than friends, less of a lover.

She put everything on the picnic basket together with the blanket she got from Minho. She was dressed in Jeans and Printed Blouse while Minho was wearing Jeans and white shirt only. Shin hye was carrying the basket when Minho took it from her and placed it on his car trunk.

Their first stop is to go to church. Then after the mass, they went to columbarium. They separated since Shin Hye asked for a moment to be alone with her father. Despite what happened, she felt sad because her parents led a lon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter