Terrified

A Promise of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye woke up early. Since room has its own bathroom she immediately took a shower. Mrs. Wang will not be reporting for work. It’s her off duty during weekend. She was dressed in shorts and plain shirt, her usual get up whenever she’s at home, her hair in a messy bun.

She brought the mac book given by Minho and put it on top of the dining table. She played the Song of Beyonce’ whom she really love.

She will just be preparing pancake, bacon and sausage and also French toast. She doesn’t know what Minho likes.

She started to play the songs and the top of her list is LOVE on TOP.

She can’t help but sing and dance along while the song is being played. Not knowing she has an audience who seemed to be enjoying himself while she was slow dancing and swaying her hips. When the song ended, and she was about to play it again, she almost dropped the plate she’s holding when she saw Minho who has smiling ear to ear because of the little show he witnessed.

“How long have you been standing there?” she asked. Her face flushed.

“Well, long enough to watch your performance. I will surely love to watch another performance like that” he said

“Yah, you’re making fun of me” she said, pouting.

“What are you cooking?” he asked, trying to hide his amusement.

“Well, nothing fancy. You mentioned that Mrs. Wang is not here on weekends so I decided to cook. Pancake, bacon, sausage, French toast and freshly squeezed orange juice. Would you want  some coffee?” she asked.

He nodded and took place mat on the drawer and began to arrange the table.

She was cutting the oranges when she stopped for a while and looked at Minho. They look like a couple who were doing their chores. She smiled while watching him when he suddenly looked at her. She was caught by surprise and immediately slice the oranges which made her winced. Her finger was cut, making her cry out in pain. She run towards the sink and open the faucet and wash it with running water. Minho immediately followed and looked at her injured finger and much to her surprise,  he placed it inside his mouth and her injured finger. She was motionless and was just staring at him. She felt she has gone pale with his action. Then he let go of her finger and said “You need to put pressure so that bleeding will stop” and then he went to the bathroom to get band aid from medicine cabinet and put it on her finger.

Shin Hye noticed during breakfast that she was sitting next to him already unlike the previous meals they shared wherein they were sitting on the opposite sides. She didn’t ask. She doesn’t want to ask.

“So what are you going to do the whole day? Do you  want to roam around Seoul? You have been away for  10 years. Many things has changed since then” said Minho

“I think I will skip that for a while. I will just fix my stuff and catch up on the lessons. I was able to get a copy of the course outline and I want to read for a while” said Shin Hye.

“Are you sure? I have a free time. I can accompany you if you want” said Minho

“I’ll just stay at home” said Shin Hye.

And then she started to clear the table and wash the dishes, while Minho went to his room.

She took the broom and started to  sweep the floors. She was in the living room, wiping also the figures and frames. The she stopped in front of the fire place wherein the picture of Minho , his dad and her mom was hanging. It breaks her heart that they didn’t have that picture. She is the real daughter and it makes her heart ache because she felt deprived of a mother’s love.

Minho emerged from his room and saw Shin Hye standing in front of the fire place intently looking at the pictures. He slowly went to her side and cleared his throat .Shin Hye turned to him and said “Life is quite ironic isn’t it?” and then continue with what she’s doing.

Minho just looked at her. He knows she misses her mother.

“I need to go out for a while. I’ll see you later” said Minho and then Shin Hye followed him so she can lock the door when he leaves.

“Just call me if you need anything” said Minho

She smiled and said “take care” and then closed the main door.

After finishing the chores, she stared to unpack her things and put her clothes in the closet. She also arranged her books and other picture frames, hers, together with her parents when they were still together , with her  friend in LA. With Se Mi and Soo Hyun. She smiled when she recalled how much she like Soo Hyun during high school. Maybe it was crush.

She took a bath immediately after arranging everything when her phone rang. It was Soo Hyun. “Shin Hye, this is your Oppa. Can we meet today? Are you free?” he asked.

“Oppa, I’m not sure” said Shin Hye.

“You owe me one Shin Hye. You didn’t tell me where you were going. Please, say yes. This Oppa misses you and I am just glad you’re here already” said Soo Hyun on the other li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter