Moving In

A Promise of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were once again in the same spot, few days ago. On the opposite side of the dining  table. Shin Hye was extremely quiet and it was Minho who broke their silence.”Your nanny called. I told her you’re staying with me” said Minho. Her eyes widened “ You told her I am with you?” her face turned red. What would she think?

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” she asked.

“Well, you’re dead tired. I don’t have the heart to wake you up” said Minho and then he added, “After you’ve taken your lunch, we need to talk” .

Shin Hye nodded. He mentioned it before and she have to deal with it.

After their lunch, she started to clear the table.”Shin Hye, leave that to Mrs. Wang and follow me” said Minho.

He took a file and handed it over to Shin Hye.

“You want me to read this or you read it yourself” said Minho.

“Can you just read it for me?”she asked.

“Very well...  To simply put, this is the last will & testament of my father. He loved your mother so much that he witnessed how your mother suffered because you were kept hidden by your father. He is giving you the huge amount of money and  also a share in our hotel chains”

Then Minho read the phrases indicated in her father’s will ..

Shin Hye’s eyes widened. “Why? Why is he giving me a fortune? I don’t understand” said Shin Hye

“I am the only heir to Lee Empire. My father is a good man. And your mother made him so happy and she was good to me” said Minho.

“I know, in her letter, she mentioned that you were also good to him and she wants us to get along” said Shin Hye.

“Did she? Well, I loved your mother. She was really a second mother to me and you are bound to rich. You have to admit that you need money. Mr. Park left you nothing at all. You even had loans and you’re not fit to live in that house. You need to go back to school. I need you to help me manage the Hotel Chains” said Minho

“And If I agree? “ she asked

“Well, you have to move in here. As I am the keeper of the will and the only heir , I need to protect what we have” said Minho

“And if I decline?” she asked again

“Well , you put to waste the money , fame and fortune. I will forfeit  everything and will put everything in charity” said Minho.

“Can you give me a week to decide?” she asked

“Why do you need to decide on this? “ he asked and added “It’s fortune at your feet” .

“I need to settle everything  first. But I am grateful to your family. For taking care of my mother and for thinking of me even she’s not here anymore” said Shin Hye and she’s on the verge of crying again. She immediately wipe her tears.

“Ok, I will give you one week. Call me when you’ve decide and I will fetch you to get your things” he said.

“What are you doing today?” he asked.

“I plan to go home and clear my dad’s stuff” said Shin Hye

“I want you to ready your school requirements. It’s barely a week since school has started here in Seoul and you need to enrol” said Minho

“No, I meant to work already. I have an interview” and then speaking of Interview, she forgot about Se Mi. She mentioned that she will be out of the country. She hopes that the position is still vacant.

“Shin Hye,you need to study. How can you manage an empire if you didn’t finish your studies” demanded Minho

But Shin Hye was determined. “I will study and at the same time work. I live almost half my life taking care of my own self. It won’t change now “ said Shin Hye.

“Are you this stubborn?” he asked

Shin Hye smiled. “ I was born like this”

Minho laughed softly “Well, in that case, I may tame you. After all, I am your guardian” he said.

“Guardian? How old are you to be my guardian? We’re almost same age” she said

“Well , Ms. Park Shin Hye, this is my home. And what my father will give you is a part of my money so I need you to obey my rules. Understand” he said, not sure if he was convincing enough.

“Well, Mr. Lee Min ho. As of this time, I haven’t agreed to stay in your house so it means I am not bound to obey any rules” she challenged him.

“Are you defying me already?” he asked

“No, but merely stating the fact that you don’t own me. I am my own person. I don’t follow other’s rule and it wont change now” she said.

“We’ll see about that Ms. Park Shin Hye” said Minho.

Then he blurted out “ God! You’re annoying”

Shin Hye smiled “ Because you can’t and won’t be able to control me. Just let me be and we’ll be ok” said Shin Hye.

Minho raise both his hands showing signs of conceding.

Shin Hye smiled. Minho was  staring at her “ You should smile often. It suits you” and she flushed.

“And you look even more beautiful when you blush at the slightest compliment thrown at you” said Minho. He looked at his watch.

“I need to send you home. I have an business meeting to attend to” he said.

“Where’s Mrs. Wang?” she asked.

“She’s off duty during weekends” he said.

“I’ll just collect my bag” said Shin Hye.

They were riding in silence. This time, Minho was driving. “Do you know how to drive?” he asked her.

“Yes, I used to drive in LA before I sold my car” she admitted.

He didn’t want to dwell further on her life in LA. He pulled over in front of Shin Hye’s hous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter