Love me like the First Time

A Promise of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Few days from now, Shin Hye will be celebrating her birthday. And right now, Minho is contemplating a plan to surprise her. This is her first birthday after they got back together. Looking back, they weren’t able to celebrate any special occasions. That’s because he was an . And now, that everything seems to be falling into place, she will get the biggest surprise of her life.

He called Ill Woo and asked to give Shin Hye a week vacation leave.

“I am planning a surprise for her birthday” he said

“Are you mixing work with your personal life Minho?” Ill Woo asked

“Out of courtesy as her boss, I am telling you. Whether you approve or not, I don’t care” Minho  said

“Yah! Not because you own Dynasty, you can do anything you want, when you want?” said Ill Woo

“Believe me, I can. You know me better than anyone else” said Minho

“Next time, don’t ask me, ok?” said Ill Woo as he put down the phone. He smiled. His friend got it bad. He envy him. Who wouldn’t go crazy over this girl. Too bad, he met her first.

Minho called his secretary “Book us a flight going to Vienna, Austria. We plan to leave on Friday night. Book me and Ms. Park Shin Hye. Please cover also our hotel accommodation “ he instructed

“Sir, how about the room? Will I book a separate room for you and Ms. Park?” she asked

“No, book us on presidential suite” he said

“Ok Sir, I’ll ask the hotel to arrange your tour as well” she said

“I am planning to venture into opening Dynasty in Austria as well. Please ask Design team to prepare the locations we checked on last time and email everything to me” he instructed and ended his call

Then he called his personal shopper to buy Shin Hye’s clothes for the tour. The clothes he wants her to wear, her size, even her sleeping outfit.

He was smiling from ear to ear. He know she will be surprised, mad maybe, but he will not let her go.

He looked at the time, he spent half of the day planning for this. Then he wondered where she could be.

He went out of the meeting room and went straight to Shin Hye’s office. She was busy looking at some files that she barely notice he was already there,  watching her.

Only when he cleared his throat that she looked up and smiled back at him.

“Sir, what a lovely surprise to visit me. Sorry, I am kind of stuck here. Since Ill Woo went on leave for a couple of days now, I am left to do all the work” she explained.

“Yes I know, I ought to fire him” he smirked. She knows he was kidding.

“What do you want?” she asked

“I wonder what time will you be coming home. Let’s have dinner” he said.

She looked at the time, it’s only 4 o’clock in the afternoon.

“Sir, it’s still office hour. And the owner wouldn’t like it if the employees  lax while at work” she said smiling at him.

“Well, the boss would prefer you to lax, specially if he’s right in front of you and your not even making any move to show him how much you miss him” he said as he stepped closer to her, she was still sitting on her chair, while Minho leaned over, his face close to her, one hand holding the back of her chair, the other one, holding the arm rest.

“You know, I am not to comfortable with this Sir” she said

He even leaned closer and said “ that’s the point. I don’t want you comfortable. This is your punishment for almost ignoring me the whole day” as he closed the gap between them and kissed her firmly on her lips.

When the kissed ended, Shin Hye’s face was flushed, while Minho’s eyes were smiling.

“I’m coming back at 6 pm. You have to be ready by then. If not, I will do some drastic moves to haul you out of this cubicle” and he smiled and kissed her quickly and left.

“What’s with him” Shin Hye said to herself, still trying to calm herself. When her officemate arrived, she asked “ Are you ok, Ms. Park?”

“Yes, I’m ok. Must be the fatigue. Ill Woo being sick and letting us do all the work” she lied.

It was almost 6pm, Shin Hye finished all the reports she needs to email to Ill Woo. She looked at her self in the mirror. She applied very light make up and lip closs and put on her perfume.

She sent a text message to Minho “ Oppa, let’s meet at the lobby. I just need to give some instruction to the receptionist” and she got on instant reply “ Ok, I’ll see you”

She just gave an envelope to the receptionist to give an instruction to their messenger to bring the file personally to Ill Woo. While signing the acknowledgement receipt, he saw Minho coming. Her excitement and smile were suppressed when she saw Hyun Ae arms linking over Minho. She knows they were close. But inside the hotel, where people are aware that she and Minho are a couple, she’s really pissed. Or more so jealous.  She ignored it, pretending not see them. When Minho saw Shin Hye, he  immediately removed Hyun Ae’s arms and walked over Shin Hye.

She handed the folder to the receptionist and looked up at Minho. He leaned to kiss her cheeks but she moved back and just stared at him.

This is not good , Minho said to himself.

“Hello Shin Hye. How’s Ill Woo? Is he coming back anytime soon?” Hyun Ae asked , smiling at her

Shin Hye smiled back and said “ Well, for one, I am not his keeper, so I wouldn’t know” and then she turned to Minho

“Can we leave? I am really not feeling good. I want to go home” she said

“Sure. Bye Hyun Ae, see you tomorrow” said Minho

Shin Hye walked towards the door already and Minho hurriedly walk to meet her pace.

“Are you ok?” he asked

“I told you, I am not feeling well. I’d like to go home” said Shin hye not looking at him

He instructed the valet to get his car. While waiting, arms crossed over her chest, Shin Hye was not looking at Minho, her face impassive.

Minho held her shoulders , and then one hand lifted her chin.

“Are you not looking or even talking at me?” he asked

Shin Hye ignored him and continue to look on the other side, until his car arrived.

She immediately went inside the car and Minho followed.

She took the seatbelt and Minho grabbed it from her , he leaned closer.

“I don’t know what your problem is “ said Minho

“It’s either you’re too dense or just insensitive” said Shin Hye

Minho looked at her for one last time and just decided to let it go.

He started to drive, neither one of them was talking.

“I want to go home” said Shin Hye

Minho just ignored her and continue to drive.

“You missed a turn” Shin Hye shouted

“I don’t care. If you’re not telling me what’s this all about, I am not letting you go home. We will resolve whatever this is” said Minho

Shin hye just stared at him. She realized that she was just being irrational over this and being childish. But there’s no turning back now.

As soon as they arrived on Minho’s house, he removed his coat and tie while Shin Hye dropped her bag on the couch and head towards the refrigerator to get water.

Minho was now seating on the couch when she returned. She thought of leaving already. She took her bag but Minho pulled her, and  she’s sitting on his lap.

“What’s happening?” he asked

“Nothing!” she exclaimed

He cupped her face, “Yah, we are going in circles. You are so stubborn” said Minho

“When you sent me a text, you were still ok, and then when we met at the lobby, you changed” he was trying to recall what changed her mood.

And then he recalled that Hyun Ae arms was linked with his when they went to the lobby, and now, everything is clear with him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter