The Third Monday

Luck Is Not Chance

 

"Urgh."

I open my eyes slowly. My heads spinning and I'm in pain everywhere. It doesn't take more than half a second to know for a fact that I'm not in my house anymore. Instead, I'm in a huge room, which after looking around, I figured out is a classroom. It's bright due to the fact that one of the windows nearby is wide open. The room is basically empty except for two wall sized chalkboards that were littered with words. One seemed full of names of rival gangs. Block B is one of them. The other one was full of other names. I spotted my own name among them. It had me concerned, but no more concerned than the guy named Jiho, whose name was crossed out, probably with a sharp nail or knife. Guess that guy must be public enemy number one to whoever kidnapped me this time. There's also an old piano next to me. It looked as if it had come from the 1920's. I was surprised it wasn't flooded by spider webs, because you best believe I wouldn't be lying in this bed if it were.

 

Wait, a bed? I look around myself. I was in fact tucked into a mattress that was nicely placed on the floor. It had a million pillows and a warm fluffy blanket. Was I really kidnapped? Who would go to such lengths to make sure I was comfy? No blindfold too? This must be my day or something.

 

I groan as I try to sit up, my good hand going out to try to keep my body steady. However, my hand falls on something interesting. I pick it up. It's a roll of kimbap. I look to my side. Where the kimbap had just been sitting is a walkie talkie. It looked extremely expensive and I looked around the room once again. Was this a trap? Since this is a classroom. I have to be at a school. I need to get out of here. I swear I was home a few minutes ago.

 

An annoying panicky feeling starts to crawl up my spine, spitting needles of pain into all my injuries. . How troublesome. I fiddle with the walkie talkie. Maybe I can find a way to get in contact with someone who can help me. After a good minute of messing with the most difficult high class walkie talkie I've ever seen, I manage to get it on. I was shocked to hear voices automatically. And even more shocked (not really actually) to hear voices I know.

 

"I told you, I didn't see anything in sector B." Junior informs the rest. God damn it. Why didn't I realize these demon children were the ones who kidnapped me?

 

I open my mouth to curse the out of them, but stop when a voice comes through. A voice that wasn't too familiar. Surprisingly, I already knew who it belonged to. "Hyung, you have to be blind. Those thugs were crowding up the courtyard. Bam saw them too!"

 

"Gyeom's right! I think they came looking for us." BamBam adds. The back of my hand finds my face. . That was Yugyeom's voice earlier. . Damnit. I'm really too happy right now. It's gross.

 

"Well how's the other sectors looking?" Junior questions as if he was the leader of some sort of FBI mission. Though I'm not too sure there were FBI in Korea. What in the world are these idiots even doing?

 

"A is all cleared up." Im Jaebum declares coolly from the other line.

 

"Nothing on the roof." Youngjae yawns.

 

"I bet you're just sleeping Jae." Jackson laughs his usual hyena laugh.

 

"I am...not." Youngjae argues. "Shut up."

 

"Stop getting sidetracked." Im Jaebum hisses. "How's it looking Jackson?"

 

"Clear as day. Only a few minor issues, but It should be A-Ok for my Dimsum." Jackson reports.

 

Okay. Now I really know something I don't like is going on. At this moment I'm not too sure if I should feel honored or annoyed as hell. Since I've known GOT7, which hasn't been that long to be honest, I had no clue where they usually hung out. Today, which was suppose to be a boring yet relaxing day at home while I healed, turned into me being dragged to school by said demon children. I give up trying to feel anything about this whole situation.

 

The fact of the matter is that I'm in so much pain, I can't get up. So I'm going to need one of them to come here and help me out. I sigh and bring the walkie talkie close to my face.

 

"Okay so I don't give a who and what the hell you all are doing. Just someone get the hell down here and take me to class." I growl into the walkie talkie.

 

I think it would have been better if I didn't talk at all. All their voices come in at once. They're all too damn hype. Except for Yugyeom. Since his voice is one that I don't know too well, I was fully aware that I didn't hear him among the others that happily greeted me. I tried to let it go, but it stabbed at my heart painfully. It's only natural to feel hurt.

 

I turn the walkie talkie off and slip it into my pocket even though I still hear voices coming through. I thought we were getting close, yet I feel like we have galaxies between us. I stare at the wall and try to think about anything else except the fact that Yugyeom still doesn't trust or like me enough to even talk to me through a walkie talkie, where his face can't even be seen. . That hurts even more after realizing it.

 

The sound of the classroom door sliding open takes me from my thoughts. Wow. They came faster than I would of thought. Im Jaebum, Jackson, and Min Noona walk into the room. They all greet me with a smile, well except for Im Jaebum who always looks as if you've killed his favorite pet.

 

"Noona?" Well that's a surprise to see her willingly hanging out with GOT7.

 

"Mark, you look very comfy." She smiles and heads over toward me. Jackson follows suit.

 

"Dimsum I'll help you up." He leans forward and pecks me on the lips. I'm so stunned I don't even realize I'm on my feet and Min Noona is fixing my shirt for me. I give Jackson a look who grins and hides behind Im Jaebum. I'll get him later for that.

 

"I'll be looking after you today Nerd." Im Jaebum tells me with a slight smirk on his face. I feel a vein get ready to explode. So now he's calling me Nerd again? I swear I thought we got passed that. And what in the world is he talking about?

 

"Huh?"

 

"I'm going to be looking after you today. Duh." Im Jaebum reaches out and grabs my good arm. He tugs me closer to him. I stumble a bit but end up at his side. Jackson pouts visibly.

 

"I wanted Dimsum! How come you get him?" Jackson whines and comes close to us. Im Jaebum puts his hand to Jackson face, holding him back. "Jaebum Hyung!"

 

"Go away. You'll only be in the way. I'm the leader, so he's safer with me." Im Jaebum says with a smirk on his lips. Why does it feel like he's showing off right now?

 

"Fine. I'll look after Noona. We'll have more fun than you two." Jackson sticks his tongue out and pulls Min Nonna out of the classroom. She waves goodbye. The creepiest smile across her lips.

 

She must be ecstatic to be stuck with Jackson. I on the other hand.... I glance at Im Jaebum who moved toward one of the walls in the classroom. He reaches toward the floor and pulls up my book bag. He slings it over his shoulder and heads for the door.

 

"Ready for class?"

 

"Didn't I miss all of them already?" I huff annoyed.

 

"No. We got you really early. Classes are going to start real soon though." Im Jaebum reports after looking at his phone.

 

"Okay." I grumble. I'm really annoyed. But if Im Jaebum is anything like he was yesterday, then I can boss him around with no consequences. That might give me something to look forward to today.

 

"What class do you have now?" Im Jaebum asks in a calm tone. It's something I'm not used to. He must really be trying to be nice.

 

"Korean History." I reply simply, even though I found it a perfect moment to mess with him. Except I don't need to start any fights. So I'll be nice as well.

 

"Room?"

 

"301."

 

For the rest of the way to class we stay in silence. It feels both heavy and awkward and I kind of wished I was stuck with Jackson. Least he'll talk my ear off and I won't have to feel so forced to talk. We make it to class and I take a seat as fast as I can. I already knew everyone was staring at us. One because of my obvious injuries and two because of the obvious gang leader at my side. Yet for the first time since one of these demon children followed me to class, I feel giddy. I grin widely as Im Jaebum steals the seat next to me from one of my classmates. I don't mind it.

 

The thing that is more important is that I have power right now. No, not over the other students. Over Im Jaebum. What should I do? If I do something drastic than the others will feel less threatened by him and the class can run more smoothly. Then again, I'm not too sure he won't do anything back. Pfft. Who am I kidding. This isn't going to lay a finger on me.

 

Im Jaebum who is right next to me still hasn't figured out my plan. Instead, his attention is on everyone else. He's glaring everywhere, almost as if he wanted to bore holes in their faces.

 

Everyone stays near the front of the class and I could tell the teacher was inconvenienced by it. So I put my good hand out, and place it on the back of Im Jaebum's head. He freezes and looks at me. I smile and push his head forward. It's not hard, but you could hear the loud thud of his head against the desk. I hold it there and everyone is staring at us, mouths on the floor.

 

"You in-"

 

"Hm? What are you saying? Oh, you're going to be a good boy and shut the up and not move at all?" I grin toward him, hand still holding his head down. He doesn't resist, eyes locked on my own. He takes a deep breath. I tilt my head waiting for a reply. He doesn't, instead he brings his arms around his face as if he were going to sleep.

 

"I'm sorry, I can’t hear you." I grip the hair around my hand. He sends me a glare. I can hear everyone whispering around us. I know I'm embarrassing him, but hey, I don't get this opportunity very often.

 

" you." He curses under his breath.

 

"Hm?"

 

"I'll be good." He gives up with a sigh and hides his face.

 

I can't help the victorious smile that graces my lips. I stare at him and notice his ears are pink. I definitely succeeded with embarrassing him and making a point to the class. Everyone seems less tense, eyes back on the class. They even come and sit near us, not once looking back. Im Jaebum doesn't say anything for the rest of the class either and I'm on cloud 9.

 

"You really are a good boy." I tease Im Jaebum.

 

He looks at me with one of his famous death glares; sitting up to lean on his elbow, I gulp as we continue our staring contest. Why do I suddenly feel the need to run for my life?

 

“Just wait until you’re all done and healed. You won’t be laughing then, Nerd.” His voice is sharp and his tone is serious.

 

“As if I’m scared of you, .” I focus on the blackboard up front. What a lie. At this very moment, I’m aware that he would of punched and kicked me to his heart's content had I not been injured. . Maybe I shouldn’t have messed with him so much?

 

/////////

 

I thought I was used to the whispering and staring by now, but it seems that it got worse without me realizing. It's to the point that I can't even tone it out anymore. I sigh as I walk down the hall with Taeil and Im Jaebum at my side.

 

A group of girls nearby huddle together as we pass by, it was as if they thought they could merge with the wall to get away. A group of guys nearby gave us nasty looks. I could hear them clearly as they talked.

 

"He thinks he can just prance about as if he runs the school." One growls toward us.

 

"Dude, quiet. What if he hears? I heard he's the new leader." His friend nervously warns.

 

"Yeah. I even heard those injuries were from an all out brawl with another rival gang. I heard they came out looking worse than him." Another adds.

 

"I never thought he was like that!" A girl adds dramatically.

 

"I can't believe Taeil is getting into gangs too." A girl cries as if she were Taeil's biggest fan.

 

"I knew we couldn't trust him. He kept saying he wasn't in GOT7, but look at him." A girl says as if she were disgusted.

 

this. I give up. Rumors are rumors. I can't stop them from talking. Though I feel bad Taeil got dragged into them. I glance his way and he's walking casually, fingers twisting a lollipop between his lips. I glance toward Im Jaebum and he seemed even less interested in what the others had to say. Guess I'm the only one who is bothered by this.

 

Then again, Taeil did say he used to fight a lot in his last school and hurt a bunch of people, so he must be used to people talking. While Im Jaebum never cares what anyone says, truth or not.

 

"Well well, look at what we have here."

 

I look up to see Kyung & Jaehyo standing nearby. Great. Another annoying thing to handle.

 

"Not in the mood to deal with you today." I huff and Kyung makes a face. He steps forward and so does Im Jaebum and Taeil. They slightly glance at each other but there attention is quickly back to Kyung.

 

"What are you his dogs?" Jaehyo mocks toward the two who both glare his way. The air around us was tensing up so I felt the need to step in.

 

"I need to get to class." I walk around Im Jaebum and Taeil and head down the hall. I can hear Taeil and Im Jaebum's footsteps behind me.

 

"Before you go." We all three stop in our tracks to look his way. "I forgot to thank you the other day Im Jaebum. You saved one of my members."

 

Im Jaebum smirks and motions toward me with his head. "If it wasn't for the Nerd. We wouldn't have glanced his way." He turns on his heel and continues to walk down the hall. Taeil turns and follows suit. Kyung & Jaehyo look stunned.

 

"Thanks." Kyung bows slightly, Jaehyo follows.

 

"Don't mention it." I nod toward them and try to catch up to Taeil and Im Jaebum. I never thought I'd see the day when Kyung & Jaehyo bow their heads toward me. I grin but quickly my smile fades.

 

"Yah! Im Jaebum! You called me a nerd again!"

 

"You just noticed?" He says with a yawn. Taeil chuckles as we make it close to class.

 

"Mark, you sure pick the weirdest things to be mad about."

 

////////////////

 

Math is not one of my preferred subjects. I'm more of a history-gym kind of guy. Not to say that I'm stupid. I just can't get formulas to stick in my head. And now it's even harder with my head pounding every few seconds. . I didn't get to grab my painkillers this morning.

 

"I can do your work for you." Im Jaebum looks my way, hand outstretched toward my pen and notebook. I give him a suspicious look.

 

"Can I even trust you with math?"

 

"It's not that hard." He insist and I glance toward Taeil who was seated near the front. I wish he sat closer. I would have asked him for help. Guess beggars can't be choosers.

 

"Fine. Go ahead." I move my hand away. He takes my pen and notebook and stares at the blackboard. He writes things down and I stare at him. It's the first time I've seen him so focused. It’s as if he was a totally different person right now.

 

“Don’t worry, I won’t make you fail.”

 

“You better not.” I joke.

 

He his teeth. “Ungrateful bastard. No one except you can say that they got the amazing JB to do their math work for them.”

 

“Oh, my bad. I am so grateful JB Hyung-nim.” I sarcastically throw my good hand up in surprise, and bow. I think that’s the first time I’ve ever called him by his nickname. It felt odd rolling off my tongue. I think I'll stay with Im Jaebum.

 

“Good to see you know your place, Nerd.”

 

“Just do my work, .”

 

The rest of the class goes by faster than I thought it would. No one in the class has looked back at us at all. I also didn’t hear anyone whispering about us. I yawn. I think I might need a nap. I didn’t know if it would be safe to fall asleep with Im Jaebum sitting in a classroom with other people who were 100x weaker than him and easily intimated (well, except Taeil who isn’t weak, yet intimated.) However, Im Jaebum only paid attention to what was being written on the board and whatever problems he wrote in my notebook. I feel like I’m in some cliche rom-com high school drama where you find that the thug is actually a different person than you originally had thought. Which usually causes the main character to fall in love with them for god knows what reason. Too bad I hate cliches and only see Im Jaebum as one that I want to crush underneath my foot after Taeil teaches me how to kick . I smile widely, unaware of what is going on around me, happy in the near future.

 

In a matter of seconds, the atmosphere in the room shifts dramatically, and of course for the worse. A girl is screaming and it doesn’t take a genius to figure out why. My head snaps in the direction of Im Jaebum. He’s on his feet, hand gripped tightly around the girl who sat in front of me’s wrist. , I stop paying attention for a few minutes and this happens? Jeez. I knew he couldn’t be trusted with a room full of helpless students. I get to my feet quickly. Everyone in the room, even Taeil, is stunned and can only stare at what was going on. No one dared to speak, let alone move. That includes the teacher.

 

“Don’t ing touch him, dirty .” He growls toward her. I notice the hand out in her other hand and she screams again, resisting against his tight grip. Drastic times call for drastic measures.

 

“Leave her the alone. Idiot.” I put all I have into a straight chop into his throat. He chokes and immediately lets go of her arm, falling back, hands around his throat. The girl yelps and stumbles back onto her desk, she holds her wrist with wide eyes. That sets everyone into a frenzy and Taeil finally moves. He comes over toward us and checks to see if the girl is alright.

 

I gulp and glance toward Im Jaebum, who was sitting on the floor, hand around his throat, a deadly glare sets on his face. This could be bad. However, before we could all speak, the girl opens .

 

“I-i’m sorry. I-I only wanted to give Mark-ssi the handout.” She bows and holds it out toward me. It shocks me and probably Im Jaebum even more that she spoke, and directly to him. “I didn’t mean for it to look like I was trying to hurt him.”

 

I glance at Im Jaebum and he stopped holding his throat. He must finally understood the situation. He gets to his feet and does something even more shocking. He bows. Everyone starts to whisper among themselves and Taeil looks uneasy. I take the hand out from her.

 

“I should be the one to apologize. I over reacted. I’m sorry.” He raises his head and the girl looks stunned. “What’s your name? I’ll pay for any medical bills.”

 

“Heo Youngji. D-don’t worry. I’m fine. I do fencing so I am used to all kinds of injuries.” She chuckles and Im Jaebum looks a little relieved. “So my wrist is totally fine.”

 

The bell signals the end of the class and Taeil gets his stuff and heads over to us. Everyone rushes out of class, most likely to tell everyone else about what happened. Heo Youngji also leaves the classroom before I can say a word to her. That was a weird experience. I never thought I would see the day when a girl would talk to Im Jaebum even after he assaulted her. Now that I think about it, she didn't even thank me for saying her life. Okay so maybe not her life, but most likely her wrist. I bet he would of snapped it.

 

“Nice save there Mark. Though I thought you almost killed JB.” Taeil chuckles toward me, he takes the lollipop out of his mouth. Im Jaebum, who was on the other side of me. rubs his throat, which was still red from its earlier assault.

 

“No kidding. I swore I died for a few seconds there.”

 

“Stop your whining. You deserved it. Since you overreacted.” I huff as we head down the hall. I think it’s safe to now. “But that was a good look for you, bowing your head. What did you say? Something like, I’ll pay your medical bills so tell me your name!”

 

“Spot on, spot on!” Taeil joins in the teasing.

 

“S-shut up the hell up or I’ll pound both of your faces in!” He’s lying this time, no killer intent laced in his words. He walks faster down the hall and Taeil pops the lollipop back into this mouth. I chuckle and Taeil laughs hard.

 

“What a liar!” That earns him the famous Im Jaebum death stare to which he moves to hide behind me from. Now it was my turn to laugh really hard. Idoit.


 

////////////////


 

“You know, I expected something like this from Junior.” I push Jackson away from me with my good hand. At this very moment, I’m being cornered in one of the stalls, back against the door which was making the back of my head hurt like hell. He pouts, both of his hands, taking my good hand into his. He brings it to his face, kissing my fingers gently. It makes me feel weird, but seeing as I have more important things to worry about, I can’t dwell on it.

 

“It's because JB Hyung is hogging you. It's no fair. But I finally have you alone here.” He smiles happily like a puppy with a bone. “Can I kiss you?”

 

“No way. And just for you to know...I came to the bathroom to piss, remember?”

 

His smile fades and he looks rejected. “Do you hate me Dimsum?”

 

“Those two things have nothing to do with each other, now get out. I really need to go.” He continues to pout and give me the biggest puppy eyes, I’ve ever seen, and believe me, I’ve seen Min Noona do it all the time.

 

“Just for a little bit. I really want to touch you Mark.” He steps closer, hand coming up to the side of my face. It makes me shiver. “Don't worry, it won't take a long time.”

 

Jeez. Out of all the people in GOT7, I thought that Jackson would have my back. But clearly his mind is in his . I roll my eyes.

 

“Jackson this is not the time for this.” I complain when I realize that he really wasn’t going to take no for an answer. He stares at me and leans forward, lips brushing against mine. I sigh deeply. “Only for a-”

 

A weird muffled sound fills the stall. Both Jackson and I freeze when we think there are other people in the bathroom. That is, until I realize it’s in the stall with us. Jackson tilts his head and looks at me confused.

 

“What in the world is that noise?”

 

I shrug and pat the sides of my pants. That’s when I remember I still have the walkie talkie in my pocket. How in the world could I have forgotten about something like this?? I take it out and hear Bambam’s voice come through.

 

“I can’t make it right now. I’m on my way to class.” He informs whoever he’s talking to. A soft laugh fills the small stall and sends a wave of heat throughout my body. Y-Yugyeom’s...laugh! I cover my mouth with the back of my hand and Jackson gives me a look of concern.

 

“When do you ever go to class?” Yugyeom teases Bambam who makes a hissing noise in response. I feel a burning sensation come from somewhere deep inside me and it freaks me out so much I almost drop the walkie talkie. What the is wrong with me? Get it together Mark.

 

“Are you okay Dimsum? But looks like we solved the mystery! You left the walkie talkie on.”

 

I gulp and take a deep breath, turning it off before I can hear Yugyeom say anything again. “Y-yeah, solved it.”

 

Earlier I was so damn happy at the sound of his voice, but right now I’m filled with so many mixed emotions. Why am I so pissed off? Does it really bother me so much that Yugyeom won’t talk to me? I clench my fist and Jackson gives me another concerned look.

 

“Mark? Seriously, are you alright? You look like you’re about to cry and throw up all at once.”

 

I slip the walkie talkie back into my pocket. I nod. “I just really need to take a piss. Can you leave?”

 

Jackson’s not stupid enough to push anything out of me. I bet he could feel the way the atmosphere in the room changed when the walkie talkie went off. He pecks me on the lips before leaving. I have no clue why he’s acting as if I won’t see him in a few minutes for lunch. After I know he’s gone, I lean against the door of the stall. I close my eyes and try to calm down. Something is burning. I don’t know what it is, but it’s burning like hell.

 

I put my hand over my eyes and laugh pathetically. “. I really want to see him.”

 

It takes me a few minutes to do my business and finally get myself together enough to meet Im Jaebum, Jackson, and Min Noona on the roof for lunch. Min Noona is sitting with Jackson on a blanket on the floor. It’s getting chilly. I look around for Im Jaebum, who was sitting on the gate railing casually as if it wasn’t a hazard. He was munching on kimbap, legs swinging. I can only shake my head and walk over to the two who were happily waving at me. Jackson helps me to sit down and Min Noona hands me a kimbap roll. I smile gratefully.

 

“Feel any better Mark?” I nod, which is a total lie. Right now I have a full blown internal war going on about my feelings toward the maknae of GOT7. So far, I’m still confused as hell and want to start punching things to relieve some of my stress. However, that isn’t an option so all I can do is smile on the outside.

 

“Huh? Mark you aren’t feeling good?” Min Noona looks at me with concern. She puts down her kimbap roll and moves closer to me. I shake my head.

 

“I’m fine,” I shove kimbap into my mouth so that she can’t ask me any more question. She looks at Jackson, who shrugs. “How have you been Noona?”

 

Min Noona’s face brightens. “Oh today was the best! Jackson didn’t leave my side at all, so I got to show him off. Even Junior dropped by my classroom. It was so nice, being surrounded by pretty boys.” She beams, hands to her cheeks. Jackson joins her in her happiness and I try to smile, but I can’t bring myself to do so.

 

“Why are you pretending to be okay?” It’s not Jackson or Min Noona’s voice so my head turns to Im Jaebum who has stopped swinging his legs. He jumps down from the railing and walks over to us. Min Noona and Jackson look shocked.

 

“He’s pretending?” They say at the same time. I give Im Jaebum a dirty look. Bastard stop prying and leave me alone. I’m not in the mood for this.

 

“I’m fine, just in pain.” I hiss toward him and go into my pocket. I hold the walkie talkie out to him. “By the way, take it back. I don’t need it.” Or else I might break it into a million pieces and or go insane.

 

Im Jaebum stares at my hand as if it were filthy and not to his taste. He yawns and crosses his arms in front of me. “Keep it.”

 

“I don’t need it.”

 

“Why not?” Even though it’s a question someone who was curious would ask, Im Jaebum’s face says otherwise. He looks bored out of his mind. I keep my arm extended out with the walkie talkie. Min Noona and Jackson don’t say anything at all. Both of their eyes glued on us as if we were some interesting K-drama.

 

“Don’t need it.” I don’t need to be taunted with a voice I’ll never hear directly. Damn it. It’s burning again. I wish I knew what was burning. My heart? My back? My stomach? I hate this. I hate it so much. It hurts more than all the injuries I have. .

 

Im Jaebum’s face twists with a strange emotion that I can’t read. I wonder if everything I’m feeling right now is showing on my face. He must know something isn’t right with me. He leans forward a bit and takes the walkie talkie in his hand. He slips it into his pocket and heads for the door.

 

“Hyung? Are you really not going to make Mark take it?” Jackson sounds surprised.

 

“Mark, you need protection.” Min Noona looks at me as if she will cry. I bite my lip and make sure not to make eye contact with either of them. As long as that damn walkie talkie gets away from me, I don’t give two s about being protected right now.

 

“The nerd is fine. The coast is clear. I’m heading back early. Look after Min Noona Jackson.”

 

“But,” Jackson stops talking when we all knew that nothing was going to stop Im Jaebum from leaving the roof. The door closes with a slight thud and we all sit in silence.

 

“So he’s mad again, huh.” Min Noona frowns and looks at me. I guess she blames me for the ruined mood.

 

“That’s amazing Noona! How can you tell?” This idiot. It doesn’t take a scientist to know when Im Jaebum’s mad. But then again, Jackson isn’t too good at reading moods. Though there are times when he surprises me.

 

“It’s so obvious, since he’s always mad after Mark rejects him.” She teases at me and I open my mouth to say something back, but can’t find the words within me. So instead, I laugh. I know this is the stupidest conversation ever, but for some reason these two are cheering me up.

 

“Wait? Did JB Hyung confess to Dimsum?” Jackson panics and it makes me laugh harder, so hard it hurts all over.

 

“Didn’t you see him reject his present? So sad, and here I thought you two would marry.” Min Noona puts one hand to her cheek and shakes her head. Jackson comes over to me, hand grabbing my good arm.

 

“Dimsum!”

 

“Would you-”

 

“Are you cheating on me?”

 

“We aren’t together, you idiot!”

 

“Oh, Mark. I didn’t pin you for a player. Mama is so disappointed.”

 

“You’re not even my mother!”


 

//////////////////


 

Today is really not my day. Yeah sure it was fun to boss Im Jaebum around, and even death chop him in the throat (with no consequences.) I also really enjoyed seeing those two s, Kyung & Jaehyo, bow their heads toward me in gratitude. Yet, the issue with Yugyeom and the walkie talkie really killed my day. Now I’m sitting in my living room trying to suppress the horrible burning feeling I’ve been having lately.

 

I could hear my mother laughing in the kitchen, a soft voice could be heard under it. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. It’s burning so badly. Yugyeom’s helping my mother make snacks in the kitchen. I realize that he talks to my mother, and doesn’t talk to me at all. Urgh, that made the burning worse.

 

“The snacks are done sweetie.” My mother comes out with a tray of freshly cut fruits in different shapes. Yugyeom follows behind her with his own tray in hand. His tray was full of assorted chips that he was munching on as he put the tray down on the table that was in front of me.

 

“Thank you.” I smile and reach for a star shaped apple. My mother ruffles my hair and goes for her jacket and purse nearby. “You going somewhere?”

 

“I’m going across the street to the Lee house. We are going to have dinner over there, come over when you’re hungry sweetie. You can come too Yugyeom.” She puts her jacket on and leaves with a big wave. One would think her maternal instinct would kick in and keep her from leaving her injured son alone with a minor who probably can’t take care of him, but apparently not.

 

Yugyeom bows as the door closes and we sit in our usual silence. The burning feeling isn’t hurting anymore, but it was moving around, the heat making me feel restless. I shift in my seat and glance at Yugyeom. He was staring at me, a heart shaped apple in his hand. He nibbles on it, eyes locked on mine. I gulp and look away. Why in the world is he looking at me?

 

“Uh, what do you want to do? Watch a movie?” I nervously reach forward to get the TV remote. I groan when I stretch too far, ribs feeling as if they’re about to pop out of my chest. . I move back, my good hand going over my bruised ribs. “Ouch.”

 

Yugyeom moves closer, his leg pressed up against my own. It feels hot and I try to think about the pain in my side rather than the heat that was slowly spreading through my body. He rubs my side softly, but it still hurts so I groan in pain. I glance his way and he looks really concerned. Damn, this kid is really cute.

 

“I’m fine. Let’s watch a movie, it will help me focus on something else.” He nods and reaches for the remote. He turns the TV on and flips through the channels until he falls on The Avengers movie. He puts the remote down and sits back. I glance his way, he seemed immediately enchanted by the Marvel heroes. I laugh, this reminds me of the first time he came over with Jackson and Im Jaebum.

 

I wonder if he knows that I’m boring a hole into his face. Even if he did know, he doesn’t seem to care one bit. I wonder if he would let me rest my head on his shoulder? I shift in my seat and slowly, as if he was a sleeping lion, rested my head on his shoulder. I feel him tense up, he must be looking at me. He doesn’t push me off or anything and after a few minutes he relaxes and pays attention to the movie again.

 

I sigh. I can’t focus on the movie at all. The pain is subsiding, but my mind is flying all over the place. I’m also experiencing a numerous amount of mixed emotions that I can’t even begin to break down at the moment. I feel Yugyeom moving his arms so I watch him. He pulls out a pen and paper from his pocket. He then starts to write quickly onto it.

 

Are you okay Hyung?

 

No. I want you to ask me this with your own voice. I hate that you can speak to everyone, even my mother. But you can’t even speak to me. There are also so many other things going on in my head. Why do I even care what you do? Jeez. I don’t know anything anymore. The burning feeling is back, and I’m starting to think it’s jealousy building a fire inside me. It hurts like a .

 

“I’m fine.” I lie, eyes glued to the piece of paper in his hands. He starts to write again. I could already tell he didn’t believe me, even I wouldn't, my voice wavered.

 

You don’t seem fine Hyung. And I don’t mean physically.

 

“I am.” I try to chuckle, but it comes out more of a whimper. I don’t look at his face. Damn it. I might crack if he keeps asking me questions. He starts to write again.

 

Don’t lie.

 

Even though the words written on the piece of paper aren’t extreme, they feel so heavy. I bite my lip and laugh sadly. I feel really stupid. Am I that transparent? “Alright. Fine, you got me. I’m not fine. I don’t feel good.”

 

Yugyeom brings the pen back to the paper. However, his hand hovers over it. I look at him and he seems to be thinking his next words over carefully. In a few minutes he starts to write again. This time he writes slowly and hesitantly, as if his next words could make or break the world.

 

Is there any way I can cheer you up Hyung?

 

Make this damn burning feeling go away. Take all these emotions I can’t sort out and throw them to the moon or something. Heal all my injures so that I can learn to fight and beat up everyone who gets on my ing nerves, starting with Im Jaebum and Kyung. Don’t talk to anyone else except for me. Don’t pick Princess over me. Don’t make such cute faces that I’ll want to see again. Just stop everything you do. Seriously, it’s not good for my heart.

 

Damn it! I’m so frustrated and annoyed and I feel as if I’m going to cry, but I know I won’t. I sigh deeply and lean my face against his arm. I feel like I need to do something, nothing big, just something to release all these heavy emotions. I gulp. I wonder what he will do.

 

“I’m sorry.” I mumble out to him before I sink my teeth into his arm. I feel him flinch to the action, but he doesn’t move away or try to get me off. I don’t bite him too hard. Just enough that the burning feeling has disappeared and I’m left more with questions toward myself. Some being, “Um, why are you biting a minor?” and “Dude, what is wrong with you?”

 

I unlatch my teeth from his skin and glance up at him. He’s giving me a concerned look and pats my head. Somehow, I feel like a brat being pitied by him. He then reaches for his pen and piece of paper. ...is he mad? I would be.

 

Does it hurt that much Hyung? Do you want me to get you something for it?

 

I look away from the piece of paper as my face gets hot. He’s too damn innocent. “No, I’m fine now. Your arm good?”

 

I hear the rustling of fabric so I look his way. He s his sweater and takes his arm out of his sleeve. There are visible teeth marks on his arm. but no blood. He holds up the universal sign for okay and reaches for the paper and pen again.

 

If you feel like you need to punch something Hyung, I’m pretty strong. I don’t bruise easily either.

 

“Yah...no way. I wouldn’t do that. What are you a masochist?” I laugh as he gives me a slightly uneasy face. Way too cute. I knew it, my heart is in danger. I stare at his arm as he starts to write something again. It was just about him not being a masochist, but my mind was elsewhere. I seriously want to do that again.

 

/////////////

 

UPDATE! WOW IT’S BEEN MONTHS AGAIN!! I AM SOOOOO SORRY GUYS! SCHOOL WAS CRAZY HECTIC!

Now I’m on break and I’ve kinda lost motivation to do a lot of things, writing is included!

yeah….ideekay if some would like this chapter but...yeah? Anyway! ENJOY <3

(P.S : HAPPY LATE CHRISTMAS AND EARLY NEW YEAR!)

(P.S.S: Please look out for notifications from me. I will tell you when a chapter is being made/when im not gunna be writing - thank you!)

 

Subscribe! (omg i get so happy seeing so many people subscribing! like my story isn’t even that good! u guys are life <3 T_T)

 

Upvote! well, only if you want...though would be so nice~

 

COMMNET! seriously you guys don’t even know how much i reread these comments to gain motivation to write a good chapter for you all! you guys are so nice! i love your comments :D