Troubling Thursday

Luck Is Not Chance

I sigh deeply, face buried in my arms. I'm exhausted and the day isn't over yet. A hand makes its way to my arm and I look up slowly, meeting eyes with Taeil. He's frowning, concern shown in every part of his face. I sigh again.

“You can borrow my gym clothes if you want Mark?” I shake my head and bury it in my arms again. It's no surprise that the bullying is still happening. This morning my shoes were ripped up and I had to get new ones, again. So far, the teachers in my classes were picking on me and now, my gym clothes are gone, again. Damn it Block B!

“I want to ing kill them!” I growl and I hear Taeil take a seat in front of me. I look up again. He leans his head on his elbows and smiles.

“Take my clothes Mark, it's already gym, you'll be late.”

“No, you need them.”

“I can have an absence.” He goes into his bag and pulls out his clothes, holding them out to me. I push them back toward him. “Mark, come on go to gym.”

“I don't care about gym right now. All I care about is taking care of Block B.” I rake my hands through my hair, annoyed with the fact that I feel powerless to their bullying tactics. “I really can't stand them. What kind of student council bullies a student?”

“Yeah, they sure have a funny way of dealing with stuff, but I hear they actually do a lot here. Everyone is scared of GOT7, but with Block B around, the others feel safe.”

“Are you defending those s Taeil?” I give him a sharp look and he smiles sheepishly, hands up as if to stop me from attacking him.

“No, not at all...I'm just saying.”

I sigh, eyes wandering toward the window. It's a really nice sunny day today. I can hear our classmates yelling and playing soccer outside, the teacher's whistle comes and goes as the game goes on. Damn, Taeil really likes soccer. I really dragged him into a mess haven't I? I hope they don't start bullying him next, that would just be annoying as hell.

“I understand, they're just doing their job, but that still doesn't make me want to kill them less.”

Taeil smiles. “If you want, I can take you to them. I doubt they can ignore you if confront them. Plus, it's not like you would actually use violence to solve things.”

“Heh.” I get to my feet, smirk across my lips. I never thought about seeking them out honestly, but it really could be a way to stop all this nonsense. I am not part of GOT7. If they could just hear me out, they might understand how unlucky I am. “That's a good idea, let's go.”

I was expecting Taeil to take me toward the basement, the place that Junior took me last time to see Block B in their “hideout.” Instead, he takes me to the senior floor and toward these two doors that stood taller normal. A sign on the door states that it's the student council office and open for business. I knock at the door and no one answers. I look at Taeil and he shrugs, so I open the door. If something was going on in the room, I wouldn't have known; because as soon as I opened the door, Kyung and Jaehyo have their eyes locked on me. A tense atmosphere pushes passed me and fills the room.

“What the hell do you want GOT7?” Kyung hisses and Jaehyo moves forward, as if he were Kyung's bodyguard, but then again, he could be.

“I came here to talk to you.” I try to step into the room and Jaehyo quickly stops me. He puts his hand on the door, trying to shove it in my face. I grit my teeth and push back. “What the hell, I said I want to talk!”

“Well Kyung doesn't want to hear it.” Jaehyo rolls his eyes and continues to push on the door. “Leave.”

“No way, not until I speak to him.” I shove the door open and Jaehyo stumbles back. He lunges forward and on instinct, I punch him as hard as I can in the face and he falls to the ground with a loud groan. He covers his nose and Kyung stares at him and then at me. “, I didn't want to do that.” I whisper to myself.

Taeil, who was behind me, rushes to Jaehyo to see the damage and I step toward Kyung. He's giving me a dirty look.

“ing bastard!” Jaehyo groans and sits up and Taeil puts some napkins to his face, blood dripping from his nose just like mine was yesterday. Even thogh that wasn't planned, paybacks a ain't it.

“I didn't want to punch you, you should of just let me in.” I sigh and look at Kyung. “I said I want to talk to you.”

“As you heard, I don't want to talk to you. You say you aren't part of GOT7? Then what's this? You come in here and cause a ruckus, use violence, and yell and demand things. All of you in GOT7 are just mindless annoying brats who only want attention.” Kyung leans back on his desk, a devilish smirk on his lips.

This ing ! I clench my fist and he laughs.

“What, going to punch me too? Of course, since all you damn wanna-be-thugs know is violence.”

I take a deep breath and quickly turn my back to Kyung. Damn it, I'm so pissed off. I want to punch him harder than I punched that damn pest over there. But that would only make Kyung right, which he isn't. He doesn't know how they act normally. He doesn't know that Im Jaebum is a caring guy sometimes, that Junior has to deal with things we don't know about, that Jackson's just a loveable puppy, Youngjae is hella smart, Bambam is not as bad as he acts, and that Yugyeom's look of indifference is just a mask for his fear of strangers. He acts like he knows everything, but he knows nothing at all.

I look at Taeil who is still helping Jaehyo with his bloody nose. We meet eyes and he quickly gets up and follows me as I leave. Kyung and Jaehyo don't say a word after that and I close the door to the student council office.

“M-Mark...are you okay?”

Why am I so annoyed? I mean I was just like Kyung before. I thought the same way about them...so why am I so mad over something so stupid? Urgh, I'm so frustrated, I don't even know what to do anymore.

“I'm sorry about that. You even said I wouldn't use violence to solve things.” I mumble toward Taeil and he doesn't say a word, so I continue. “I didn't want to punch him. It just sort of happened.”

“No way, he had it coming!” He chuckles and walks over, taking my hand into his. He examines my knuckles and frowns. “You almost broke the skin.”

I take my hand from him and sigh. I need to calm down. “I'm leaving, go to class Taeil.”

“Where are you going?”

“To take a nap.” I say, finger pointed up toward the roof. He looks confused, but doesn't question me. Instead, he rummages through his pockets, takes out a lollipop, turns around and walks down the hallway humming some random pop song. I head toward the stairs, annoyance in every step I take.

 

                                                                                                       ~ ~ ~

 

I open the door to the roof and find myself out of breath. The sun hits me like a bucket of hot water and I back up, hiding in the shade. Damn, this isn't a good day to be on the roof. I look around and spot Youngjae asleep on a blanket near the gate. The sun is beaming on him with full force, but he isn't affected at all. He's sleeping flat on his back, arms stretched out, mouth slightly open. A Seventeen magazine is laying near his chest, so I assume he fell asleep while reading. I walk over and drag him and his blanket toward the nice cool shade nearby.

I take a seat next to his sleeping body and stare up at the clouds. Jeez, I really need to stop being annoyed. It's a nice day. An arm drapes over my legs and I look down to see Youngjae smiling toward me, sleep not present in his face.

“Hyung.” He mumbles looking around confused. “When did you get here? I was just reading this funny article about puppies.”

“A few minutes ago, you were asleep.” I fix the front of his messy bangs as he sits up with a yawn. He stares at me with a weird look and it makes me feel a little self conscience. “What?”

He moves forward, hand reaching out toward my neck, his fingers hover a few centimeters away. He's still giving me a weird look and I don't know what to say.

“What happened to your neck Hyung?” He pokes it a few times. Oh yeah, I forgot about the hickeys Junior gave me yesterday.

I move his hand away. “Junior happened.”

An odd feeling climbs up my back as we stay in silence. I glance at Youngjae and his eyes are locked on the hickeys that I try to hide with the collar of my shirt. What's going on with Youngjae, he seems different all of a sudden.

“Did it hurt?”

“Hm?”

“The bite marks.”

“Yeah, but I was already in pain from my nose, so not as much as it probably should have.”

A nice breeze goes by and we don't say a word again. Youngjae doesn't lay back down, eyes locked somewhere straight ahead in the distance. I look back up to the sky and the pace of the clouds makes me feel a little light headed.

“Hyung?”

“What's up?”

Youngjae looks at me, face tinted a bit pink. “I want to tell you a secret.”

“Okay.”

“But, I don't want to tell it to you either.”

“Yah, then why even mention it?” I make a face. He opens his mouth, but doesn't utter a word. He fidgets and his eyes wander about my face. He clearly wants to tell me the secret, he must be embarrassed or something. “Dude, just say it.”

“You won't laugh at me?”

“Well that depends if it's funny or not.” He frowns and I can't help but laugh. “I'm joking, I won't laugh.”

He lays down, his back facing me. “Wait, Youngjae. I'm serious I won't lau-”

“I've never kissed anyone before.”

“Huh?”

“I've never done that stuff either, what Umma did to you. I've never held anyone's hand other than with my family.” He confesses and now I know why he turned away from me. His ears are bright red, I can't help but think it's cute.

“So you want to do that kinda stuff?” I question and I notice that he tenses up.

“Yeah, well I'm a dude too. So of course I want to do that stuff.” He clears his throat and tries to sound normal. I could of swore everyone in GOT7 would have some kind of experience since they all seem to like skinship, well except Im Jaebum. “Can you tell me how it feels? Kissing and stuff.”

“I think it's different for everyone, so you're going to have to wait until you do it with someone you like.” I lay down, eyes searching among the clouds for a familiar shape. Oh, that one looks like a puppy.

“Well, then I guess it's impossible.”

“Impossible?”

“If I have to wait for that, then I'll never get to experience anything.”

“Don't say it like that. I'm sure you'll find someone nice one day.” I pat his shoulder and he sighs. I wonder if Youngjae has low self esteem? His back is still to me, and now that I am laying down, I can't see his reaction. I inch toward him, arm going out and pulling him in close. “Don't feel bad, Hyung will comfort you.”

“Comfort me?”

“Yeah. If I hug you like this, don't you feel better?” I yawn, sleepiness coming over me. He nods a little.

“You're really nice Hyung. The guy I like is nice like you too. He always does his best to make me smile and tries to protect me all the time, but he doesn't really look at me in that way.”

Youngjae likes a guy? Wait, he said someone nice like me? Someone nice that likes to protect him? Do I know someone like that? Could it be Junior? I know Junior acts like an to me, but Youngjae did say Junior was really caring since he's the Umma. Wait, don't tell me he says it's impossible because Junior has a thing for me?

“Y-Youngjae!” I say sitting up a bit. He looks at me with wide eyes, thrown off by my loud voice. “Just for you to know, I don't see Junior in that way. He forced himself on me.”

“Huh? Don't worry, I know that Hyung.” He says confused. Oh, I guess it wasn't Junior then. I wonder if it's a GOT7 member? Ah, Youngjae is among the maknaes, maybe it's Bambam?

“I know Bambam gave me hickeys before too, but I also don't see him in that way.” I admit and Youngjae laughs, laying back down.

“I know Hyung.”

So it's not him either. If it's not him, maybe it's...

“Even though Jackson clings to me, he's just my best friend.” I mumble and feel embarrassed about it. Damn I just openly admitted that Jackson was my best friend. I'm so happy he's not here to hear it. He would never let me live it down.

“Uh, okay Hyung.” He turns over to face me, confusion clearly on his face. So it's not Jackson either. That just leaves...Im Jaebum and...Yugyeom. He...he can't possible like Im Jaebum, maybe it is Yugyeom? Jackson says he talks a whole lot at their home. But, why do I feel a random sense of dread slowly coming over me?

“You...wouldn't happen to like Im Jaebum, would you?” I take a chance with the leader and his eyes widen, face going red. He doesn't say a word and my eyes mimics his own. Woah, are kidding me? Youngjae likes that Im Jaebum? I can't help but laugh. He buries his face in my chest and hits it softly with his fists.

“L-Let's nap.”

Im Jaebum, huh. I didn't see that coming. Sure I said he was kind of caring, but it's definitely not in the way Youngjae described. I close my eyes and can't help but feel relieved. Huh? Why the hell do I feel relieved anyway?

 

                                                                                          ~ ~ ~

 

“I'm telling you, you guys are wrong! It was definitely Jackson this time.” Taeil says casually, sipping on his juice box. “You saw them in the nurse's office.”

“No way, I know it was Junior again. Didn't you hear about the time they had rough in the hallway? Junior is possessive so of course he would mark him.” Min Noona snorts, crossing her legs, looking proud.

“Amateurs.” Jo Kwon Hyung laughs after eating some of his kimbap. “It obviously was Bambam. If you remember the last time he had hickeys, he seems to have developed a thing for little kids.”

“Jeez you all are stupid.” Wooyoung Hyung sighs while shaking his head. “It's JB. Come on, don't tell me you all don't feel the in the air around those two? Ha, JB must of marked him so he won't forget who he belongs to.”

Damn it. I really need to rethink my choice in friends, and why the hell is Taeil joining in this time? It seems they always have some crazy story to come up with every time something like this happens. I sigh, pushing with my chopsticks a piece of rice around my plate. I'm really not in the mood for this.

“I'm right, aren't I Mark?” Taeil beams over to me and I look away, sipping my water. If I ignore them, maybe they will leave me alone.

“Looks like you're wrong.” Jo Kwon Hyung grins and I continue to eat my lunch. “I bet I'm right!”

Don't kill them Mark. Don't kill them. Patience...yes, deep breathes. It's all a nightmare, yup. Not real.

“Maybe we should just ask them ourselves?” Min Noona looks around the lunch room and for the first time all day, I realize the absence of GOT7, well except for Youngjae. “Hm? Where are they?”

“Now that you mention it, it's been quiet today, I haven't heard the usual rumors of JB and Junior fighting helpless students.” Wooyoung Hyung puts his hand to his chin. “Have you seen them Mark?”

“What the hell do I look like, their keeper?” I roll my eyes.

“You're not?” Min Noona laughs and I sigh, defeated. Where the hell are those idiots?

“Oh my god! It's Block B!” A few girls squeal with joy and that makes my blood run cold. , this really is not the time for this. I pay them no mind even though I am fully aware they are coming toward our table. Min Noona is watching them closely while Jo Kwon and Wooyoung Hyung are laughing at something random. Taeil, who was next to me, grew tense.

“GOT7.” Kyung mocks in a tone that pisses me off. I continue to ignore him. Taeil leans close to me concerned. But when he notices my indifference he seems to get the picture. There is no point in entertaining them. Just ignore them. “Yah, you have some nerve to be ignoring a senior you delinquent.”

Min Noona gets to her feet, hands on her hips. “Kyung, that's going too far. Mark isn't even a GOT7 member.”

Kyung looks at her, a light smile on his face. “Oh Min, I didn't see you there. I'm just stating facts and should I assume you are one of them too?”

“.” Wooyoung Hyung gets up as well and I put my hand out. He looks at me and I shake my head. Min Noona also takes a seat, a scowl across her face.

“What do you want Kyung?” Jo Kwon Hyung huffs, arms crossed.

“We are here to let the delinquent know Jaehyo's going to take action against the brutal assault he received today. You'll be suspended for months!” I hear B-Bomb laugh. , I knew that was going to come and bite me in the later.

“Have anything to say for yourself?” Ukwon says in a serious voice and I still don't turn around to face them. I sip my water and Min Noona, Jo Kwon, and Wooyoung Hyung are pissed off. I could see it in their eyes.

“Yah, don't you ignore us!” Kyung yells and the whole lunch room gets silent, eyes turning on us. Jeez, these guys are worse than GOT7. “B-Bomb!”

I don't know what happened, but all I could hear was a loud thud on the floor and a few loud groans of pain. I finally turn around and Kyung and Ukwon both have the same wide eyes and open mouth. Then that's when I see B-Bomb on the floor, Taeil holding his arm around his back, sitting on him. Taeil's eyes look darker than usual and he tightens his grip on B-Bomb's arm.

“Leave him the alone.” He hisses and B-Bomb groans. “As for those charges, you better make Jaehyo drop them or else.”

Kyung steps forward, mouth open, but his words are lost the moment he meets eyes with Taeil. Woah, what in the world? Taeil gets up, releasing B-Bomb who scrambles to his feet.

“Got it?” Taeil says staring straight into Kyung's eyes, he gulps and turns around.

“Whatever. Let's go, we don't need to stoop low like these guys.”

After they leave, the lunch room explodes in awe and horror. Taeil comes back to the table and takes a seat calmly. Everyone else, including me, is speechless.

“T-that...you?” Min Noona gawks and Taeil breaks out into his usual smile, whatever evil had possessed him earlier was no where in sight.

“What?” He looks around, going into his pocket for a lollipop. He puts it into his mouth and pushes up his thick rimmed glasses. “Something wrong?”

“Y-you just took down B-Bomb!” Wooyoung and Jo Kwon Hyung say at the same time and Taeil chuckles.

“Oh, that? I'm a black belt in taekwondo.” He says as if it were common knowledge. “I just don't like to fight, I'm pretty strong, but I realized I hurt a lot of people with my skill so I gave it up last year.”

I can't help but laugh. I really am surrounded by interesting people aren't I? I put my hand on Taeil's shoulder. He looks at me with concern.

“You okay Mark? B-Bomb almost hit you.”

“I'm fine, just for you to know, I'll defiantly will be using your skill a lot more.” I smirk. With this guy I might be able to take down Block B if they come at me again.

“Really? That's good, I'm happy to be useful.” Taeil laughs. Min Noona, Jo Kwon, and Wooyoung Hyung give each other a look.

“He's going to use you as a weapon!” They all yell in unison.

“What?”

“Ignore them.” I laugh, arm going around Taeil's shoulder. “How would you like to be my new best friend?”

 

                                                                                                 ~ ~ ~

 

He may not notice it, but I watch Yugyeom every time he comes over. It's been 2 weeks and I have yet to hear his voice directed toward me. Right now he's playing with Princess on the floor as per usual. How in the world does he not get bored? He plays with her for hours with little to no breaks. I really can't tell what this dude is thinking at all. I want to know more about him though. What he likes to eat. What he hates to eat. What he likes to drink, what he hates to drink. The things he's scared of, and the things that make him cry. I want to know if he hate me. As well as what else does he like besides dogs? I want to know it all.

“Come with me Yugyeom-ah.” I get up from my bed quickly and head downstairs to the kitchen. I don't even have to look back to know that he has in fact, followed behind me. I know that Yugyeom will never tell me himself, no matter how many times I ask. So, I'll just have to find out on my own.

I turn to look at him and motion toward a chair. He doesn't have Princess and for some reason that makes me happy. He left her, the thing he adores so much he can't stop playing with her, for me. He takes a seat without hesitation and I go into the fridge to find something to eat. I grab some kimbap, leftover chicken, and soda. I put it on the counter and he stares at it, his usual mask of indifference on his face. Though for a split second, I could of sworn, something twinkled in his eyes.

“Do you eat any of this?” I motion to the chicken and kimbap and he doesn't move or say anything. “Jeez, I guess there is no point in asking you.” I grumble to myself.

I get up and head over to him, kimbap roll in hand. He doesn't move back and I take a piece and hold it out to him. He looks at me, then lets his eyes travel down to my out stretched arm, to the kimbap in my hand.

“Say ah.” I grin. I wonder if he will do it?

He stares at my face and opens his mouth slowly and I swear I feel my heart squeeze in a way that makes me lose the breath in my lungs. S-, what the hell. T-that was...I can't believe this guy. I feel like that was almost too cute to handle. He waits patiently with his mouth open and I shove it into his mouth quickly. I clear my throat and try to ignore the weird tingle that hit me as my fingertips brushed his lips.

He munches away with what I think could be a light smile. He gets ups and motions toward the rest and I nod. “E-eat.”

I guess he likes kimbap. I take a deep breath and try to gain back my composure as best I can. Damn, I really almost lost myself there. That has never happened to me before. I watch him as he eats the remaining kimbap and then moves to the leftover chicken. He looks at me and offers me some. It's a simple gesture, but since it's Yugyeom doing it, it must have some kind of meaning. Does that mean he trust me? Does he not hate me? Is it his way of thanking me? Jeez, sometimes I wish I had Bambam around to translate- wait, no I don't.

“Thanks, but you can just eat it.” I look away and lean on the doorway that lead to the living room. I guess I know what to feed him now. I wonder if I can get him to show me a different emotion today?

I head over to the sink and get a cup of water. I wonder if he will get mad if I “accidentally” trip and spill water on him? I chuckle to myself and quickly head over toward him. I casually hold out the water for him to take, he looks at it and just as his arm comes out for it, I let it go. The cup hits the floor, splashing water on his shirt and pants. He blinks a few times, but no sign of hostilely appears. Wow, that's boring.

“Crap, sorry about that.” I feign innocence and get a towel to dry his wet clothes. He shakes his head and as he takes the towel his eyes lock onto my neck.

His eyes remind me of Youngjae's. I wonder, does this staring mean that, like Youngjae, Yugyeom hasn't been exposed to this kind of stuff? Though, that can't be right. Isn't Bambam always around him? Shouldn't he be used to stuff like this?

“Junior attacked me again.” I admit, hand coming up to rub the bruised skin. “But I got a good punch in afterward so it's not that bad.”

He stares at my neck some more before turning his attention to the towel and his wet clothes. He rubs the towel about in an attempt to dry them but I figured it wouldn't work.

“I don't think that will help,” I say heading back to the door. “Come, I'll get you a change of clothes and we can put those to dry.”

He nods and obediently follows after me. I'm really surprised that he wasn't pissed off. Maybe it's because I gave him food? Or maybe he's holding it in? We make it back to my room and I find the biggest things I own and hand them to him. I doubt they will fit him but if it's for a few minutes then it shouldn't matter. I put his clothes in the dryer downstairs and then head back up to my room. The food in the kitchen, completely forgotten.

The clothes are a tight fit, but he doesn't seem to mind. He's playing with Princess again and I take a seat across from him on the floor.

“Have you done things like that before?” I question and he doesn't pay me any mind. “The things that Bambam does.”

He stops petting Princess and hesitantly looks at me. He shakes his head slowly. What's with this reaction?

“Do you want to do that stuff Yugyeom-ah?” I find myself reaching out and grabbing the wrist that hovered over Princess. He stares at it and his skin is rougher than it looks, and his hand is ice cold under mine. He shrugs, eyes locked on Princess who was between us.

“We're both guys, you don't have to act all shy.” I take my hand back and my gaze wanders over to his neck. It's nice, smooth, and completely unmarked. I wonder what kind of face he would make if I made one on him? Would he hate it? Like it? Would he turn red in the face? Will he moan? I feel my eyes widen.

“F-!” I jump to my feet as fast as I can. Yugyeom holds Princess close, scared from my sudden movement. “I-I need to piss.”

I run out the door and nearly slam it closed behind me. I lean against it for support. W-what in the world was I just thinking? Why the hell would I want to do that to Yugyeom?

 

                                                                                                    ~ ~ ~

UPDATE! WOOT! TOOK ME OOOODE LONG!!!! Okay so by the end of this chapter it should be quite obvious where Mark is leaning on the GOT7 scale. BUT, that doesn't mean all the markxeveryone stuff will stop! I have planned this story out and have about chapters ready to be written~ so yeah, long story! 

annnnnnnywaaaaaay! ENJOY!!!

Subscribe :D

Upvote!!

COMMENT

P.S - I ship 2jae waaay too much!