Frantic Friday

Luck Is Not Chance

-rk!!

 

MARK!

 

Who's screaming? That voice, I think I know that voice. My eyes open slowly and the dark world around me spins and spins.Pain hits, like a hammer on a nail, the back of my head, my face, my arms, and in my side. Even though my arms are numb I can feel the pressure of something around my wrists. Rope? Handcuffs? I can't tell. But what I can tell is, blood is oozing down my neck and somewhere near my mouth. The dark room is still spinning and I groan when I try to move. It's so bad, I can't even tell if I'm laying down or sitting up. I hear movement nearby and an alarming sense of fear overcomes me. , I need to get a hold of myself. Think Mark, think. How did you end up like this? Where are you? Who did this? 

 

But the dark room continues to spin in circles and my mind, blank as a sheet of paper, goes along for the ride. I groan again.

 

"GOT7? GOT7 Hyung are you awake?" I turn my head toward the voice, it's a low whisper and I have no clue who it belongs to. However, there are only a few people who refer to me in that annoying way. Block B. Did they kidnap me?

 

"Who's there?" I growl and I can hear him shush me.

 

"GOT7 Hyung you shouldn't be loud...they might hear you and know you're awake." One of the Block B members whispers. That's when I realize I can't see anything, a blindfold wrapped tightly around my eyes.

 

"I didn't ask you all that. Now who the are you? Did you do this to me? Damn it Block B, this is going too far." I hiss toward him, but since the world is still spinning, it comes out as a whisper with no bite to it. I feel exhausted.

 

"It's me P.O. You don't remember what happened earlier GOT7 Hyung?" His voice sounds just as exhausted. Piyo, that damn brat from Block B that kept following everywhere. Why the hell is he here?

 

"No, what happened?"

 

"You and your friend, the small Noona, came into the store. I was there as well getting snacks for Kyung Hyung, I thought you were trying to stalk me, but it turned out not to be the case. As we left the store we got cornered by the neighbouring school's gang. They wanted you to get JB Hyung-nim for them, but you spazzed. So they got pissed and started a fight and that's how we ended up here."

 

Hmm, why do I vaguely remember something along those lines. I'm usually not quick to anger...but GOT7 seems to be the ultimate trigger. Damn...I need to get a hold of myself, because of me Min-

 

"Wait...Min Noona is also here?" My eyes widen as I try to move and a shoot of pain makes me bite down on my lip. Okay, no sudden movements, and no panicking. Calm down. , I hope she's not in the same condition that I'm in. Those bastards! They better not have done anything to her.

 

"Yeah, she's here, but she hasn't woken up since we got here." I hear more movement and I sigh.

 

"Can you see?" I whisper toward him and he grunts to signal a reply. So it's just me huh? I guess since I'm the one they want. They need to make me as vulnerable as possible. I seriously have the worse luck! I'm not a ing GOT7 member.

 

"If you can move around, tell me if she's okay. Is she bleeding? Hurt anywhere?"

 

There is a silence and then some slow movements nearby. Then silence again.

 

"She's breathing, I can hear her heartbeat. She doesn't look hurt...there isn't any blood either GOT7 Hyung."

 

I sigh a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness."

 

"What are we going to do." Piyo's voice shakes and I didn't need to see his face to know he was on the verge of tears. . . . . !

 

I can't do anything. I try to move my arms, but one of them shoots a sharp pain up my shoulder and back, I fall forward in pain. A small cry escapes my lips.

 

"Hyung...?"

 

"I think my arm's broken." Well that's just peachy. A loud bang nearby makes me tense up and Piyo yelp. Heavy footsteps approach us from somewhere near my right.

 

"With all that talking, ya must be up." A gruff voice chuckles. More footsteps approach us, and a jumble of voices follow as well.

 

"Get him up." A deeper voice demands and two sets of arms grab me from under my arm and pulls me to my knees. I hiss in pain. Yup, my arm is broken.

 

"What do we do with the other two Hyung-nim?" A sheepish voice mouses out and a few others laugh.

 

"The guy looks weak so ignore him." Someone laughs.

 

"Hey, that's a chick, and a cute one too." A high toned guy adds and another guy gawks.

 

"She's hot! Can we do her?"

 

My eyes widen under my blindfold and I struggle in their grip. "Don't you dare touch her, bastards!"

 

"Oh, this mutt still has some bite in him?" The deepest voice in the room sounds amused. He fist his hands in my hair, tugging it forward. I hold back a groan. "She your girl or something mutt?"

 

" off. You want me right? Leave her alone." I glare forward even though I can't see a thing. This ing ! Don't touch her! Even if my arm is broken, even if I can't see, even if my hands are bound; I swear on my life, I will protect Min Noona!

 

"Hm? You willing to corporate?" The leader laughs and lets go of my hair. The two guys that are holding me up on my knees, pull me up and onto my feet. "Bring him to the other room."

 

"What about the girl?" One of them asks.

 

"Leave her there until later." Someone else answers and I struggle against their grip. Damn it.

 

"Piyo! You better make sure nothing happens to her! Or else I'll kick your !" I call out and I walk forward as they lead me down a hallway.

 

"I-I will!"

 

We make it into a different room and a heavy door closes behind me. We are a few feet away from Min Noona and Piyo. If I can get back to Min Noona quickly, then I can protect her.

 

The two guys set me down on the floor and I assume the leader of them all is standing in front of me.

 

"What do you want from me?" I take a deep breath. I have no experience with gangs other than GOT7, and now that I think about it. GOT7 isn't bad at all. I don't even remember them doing things that are gang-ish anyway, well except skip class and smoke (well only JB.)

 

"You're GOT7's new toy right?" The leader's voice is laced with amusement again.

 

"I'm no one's toy. I just tutor them." I huff, even though I have yet to actually tutor them.

 

"That's not what I heard," He laughs. "I hear you take it up the for all of them. I got people reporting back that the leader is quite fond of you as well."

 

"I don't take it up the , so if that's what you want, you better bend one of your ing lackeys over." I growl. "Also, I don't get along with Im Jaebum at all, your damn spies are blind."

 

"What the did you say?" One of his guys yells from somewhere nearby.

 

"This doesn't know his place at all!" Someone else yells and a foot collides with my side. I cry out in pain and fall over to the side. So this is what a real gang is like huh? It's no wonder why I wouldn't join GOT7. This is all too troublesome. I'm even missing class for this!

 

"Don't beat him up too bad. We need him to talk." The leader must have walked toward me because he sounds closer than I want him to be. A hand grabs my arm, the broken one, and squeezes it hard.

 

"." I grit my teeth together and try to focus on something else. "What do you want from me?"

 

"I want you to tell me what JB's weakness is." He lets go of my arm, but I could tell he was still an arm's reach away. I take a deep breath.

 

"I already told you, I just tutor them." I feel the hand grip my arm again and fear overcomes me. Damn it, calm down. He's going to try to break you. Don't give. "I honestly don't know what JB's weakness is, if I did, I would of already used it against him a long time ago."

 

"He's gotta be lying!" One of his guys says from somewhere in the back.

 

"Yeah, I saw them going to his house once." Another adds.

 

"Oh, so the mutt knows how to lie?" The leader squeezes my arm again and I scream out in pain. "Tell me what his weakness is!"

 

"I...don't know." I mumble out. The darkness I'm in intensifies, and everyone's voices sound far away, even nonexistent.

 

                                                                                          ~  ~  ~

 

"Ouch." I groan and I hear shifting around me. I freeze. Did I pass out?

 

"GOT7 Hyung! You're awake."

 

I spring up quickly, ignoring the obvious pain all over my body. "Piyo!"

 

"I'm happy you're okay." He whispers. "I heard you screaming before and then they dropped you here and you wouldn't answer. I thought they killed you."

 

"I won't die that easily." I do my best to sit up. "Nothing happened to Min Noona right?"

 

"She's gone." He whispers and my eyes widen. All I could think about about was them trying to her.

 

"What the !? I told you to-" I half yell and half whisper and I feel his head press against my shoulder.

 

"Nothing happened to her. I was able to get her hands loose earlier. She should have escaped by now to get help."

 

Anger falls from all of my joints. And Piyo continues to lean against my shoulder. For a brat he sure is smart. "Thank you."

 

"I did it for the both of us. But when those guys realize she's missing, all hell is going to break loose."

 

"Scared?" I could feel him trembling and he shakes his head. "Liar."

 

"I hope she gets help soon. I don't know what those guys are going to do next."

 

"Aren't you apart of Block B, why are you such a wimp?" I question and he shifts so that we're sitting side by side.

 

"Block B isn't a gang like GOT7! We are the student council." He sounds annoyed, but continues to talk. "I joined because Zico Hyung is really cool and he looks out for everyone."

 

"Zico?"

 

"He's the President. But he's still in America, resting after his surgery."

 

"Hm." I groan when I shift the wrong way, arm hitting the wall behind me too hard. "Well either way, you all have some serious problems. GOT7 isn't nearly as bad as these bastards."

 

"Yeah, thats definitely true. I heard that even though they were dubbed a gang, they haven't really caused serious problems. That's why all their teachers haven't given up on them, which is why they made you their tutor."

 

"You know I'm a tutor yet you all call me GOT7!?" I make a face that I realize Piyo can't even see.

 

"Well I knew you were a tutor, but Kyung Hyung said that JB Hyung-nim stated you were a part of GOT7."

 

I felt a nerve twitch in my forehead. That ing . Whenever I get out of this hell hole, I'm going to kick him so hard in the nuts, he won't walk for a week.

 

"That ." I sigh. "No wonder Kyung doesn't believe me everytime I deny it."

 

"Maybe Kyung will change his thoughts when Zico co-"

 

"Hyung! The mutts up again." Someone reports from across the room and I grit my teeth. I need to think of some way to get out of this alive, or at least until Min Noona gets help.

 

I hear heavy footsteps, which I assume is the leader heading toward us. He stops walking and a sick feeling comes over me when I realize he notices Min Noona's absence.

 

"Where'd the go?" I hear Piyo yelp next to me so I assume he grabbed him instead of me. "ing brat! Where is she?"

 

"Leave him alone." I say calmly. "He's not in GOT7, ask me. Don't involve him."

 

"H-Hyung." Piyo cries.

 

"Who is this guy?" Someone asks and Piyo whimpers.

 

"I heard the GOT7 toy call him Piyo." Someone answers. "Maybe he's that new brat from Block B, P.O?"

 

What?? Even these guys have problems with Block B? This must be our unlucky day. .

 

"Are you going to finally-" A loud bang is heard from somewhere in the room. It's so loud it startles me and Piyo who end up bumping heads.

 

"Ouch." We both mumbled in unison.

 

What the hell was that noise? Don't tell me it's another boss? But as I hear yelling and screams of pain, I realize it has to be the rescue team.

 

"She did it Hyung!" Piyo chuckles lightly, but soon his voice fades. "She did...." I feel the weight of his head, heavy on my shoulder; I wonder if the fear made him exhausted?

 

I continue to hear things all around me, yet have no clue what was happening. I tried to keep myself from shaking, but it was harder than I thought. I bite my lip and close my eyes, though the added darkness made no difference. I was happy Piyo was knocked out, because I was well aware my fear was out and about.

 

I was scared. I'm still scared.

 

"There's Mark!" I hear Jackson's voice which is usually light and playful, sound sharp and full of anger.

 

"Watch your back!" Junior growls from somewhere.

 

"Two on the right!" Youngjae calls out.

 

"ing s!" Im Jaebum grunts after what sounds like a punch.

 

There is more screams of pain and the sounds of humans getting punched, kicked, and hit with unknown objects. It made the shaking get worse and I can't stop the tears that well up in my eyes. . I hate this. Why am I so damn weak? I'm not some damsel in distress! If I was stronger, than I could of prevented this from even happening. I wouldn't need GOT7- no, anybody to come save me. I need to get stronger.

 

"Mark?" A voice that was vaguely familiar calls out. Rough hands grab me and I resist against them with all my might, pain shooting through my arms and legs. "Please tell me you are okay!"

 

"I'm fine, but who-" I stop talking when something soft brushes against my face, well to be more exact, my lips. I tense up and then the soft feeling is gone. Someone just...kissed me?

 

"Please calm down Mark Hyung. I didn't mean to hurt you. Do you feel any better?"

 

I don't say a word. Who the hell is this? Do they want me to kick their !? The hands finally let go of my arms, moving to my head. The person fumbles with the blindfold for a bit, but are able to get it off.

 

I squint my eyes as I try to adjust against to the bright lights in the random warehouse we were in. In front of me, stood Bambam and Yugyeom. They had a few cuts here and there, but nothing too crazy. Was that Bambam you just kissed me? Jeez, is that all he thinks about?

 

"Thanks." I mumble lightly. Bambam beams happily and Yugyeom stares aimlessly at some place above my head, no emotion present as per usual. I hope he's okay, though I should probably be worrying about myself right now. Oh, speaking of myself, how's he doing?

 

I glance over to Piyo who was still knocked out cold at my side, and realize that he must of looked just as beat up as me. So he was holding in all the pain as well huh? Maybe he's not that much of a wimp after all.

 

"Where is Block B? Did they come for Piyo?" I ask Bambam and he looks puzzled.

 

"Block B's not important! We have to go now. Come on Hyung." He goes forward to help me up, but I resist again. These hands don't feel the same as the last ones. Then again it happened so fast maybe it was all in my head.

 

"Get Piyo first. I'm not leaving him here." I motion to him with my head.

 

"What? But he's in Block B!"

 

"I don't give two s now get him the up and get him out of here!"

 

Bambam opens his mouth, but then decides against it. He looks troubled, yet gives in and reaches for Piyo.

 

"Take care of Mark Hyung, Gyeom." He looks toward Yugyeom and he replies with a slight nod.

 

For a small built guy, Bambam is pretty sturdy and strong. He easily pulls Piyo to his feet and drags him toward a doorway nearby. I hear some more screams of pain and anguish, but I don't see anyone. They must be in the other room where they took me before.

 

Yugyeom leans down and gently helps me to my feet. I still wince since my arm is currently a ball of death and immense pain, but I could tell he was trying. He gives me a look that almost looks sad, but I can't really tell. He quickly unties my hands and I nearly cry out in pain when my broken arm, which was now stiff and swollen, swings to my side. Yugyeom stares at me for a second before grabbing my other hand and leading me toward the door. When we finally make it outside, I notice that it's pretty dark. Damn how long were we in there?

 

Yugyeom doesn't let go of my hand the whole way as he drags me toward the street. I can see Bambam ahead of us, he seems to be talking so I assume Piyo woke up. The others are no where to be found, but I figured they were all still fighting inside. I take a deep breath, but the tears that I held back that whole time, start to pour out, and Yugyeom only squeezes my hand softly and pulls me forward.

 

I feel so frustrated and annoyed. I want to punch, kick, and scream. But all I can do is cry and rely on the warmth of the hand pulling me along.

 

                                                                                           ~ ~ ~

 

We make it a block away from my house and I spot Min Noona, Taeil, and Kyung near the street. Min Noona rushes toward us.

 

"Mark! Piyo!" She cries and dashes to hug Piyo then rushes to me. "Omg! I'm so happy you both are okay!"

 

"Yeah, I'm happy to see you are okay as well. Thanks for the help." I smile lightly and I realize that Yugyeom still hasn't let go of my hand.

 

"Thank you Noona." Piyo says weakly and Kyung comes over, concern all over his face. "Hyung."

 

"Damn brat!" Kyung smacks him in the side of the head and Piyo pouts. "You had us all worried! That's it, you are not running errands alone anymore!"

 

"Good to see you too Hyung." Piyo laughs and Bambam pushes Piyo toward Kyung who gives the younger a look.

 

"GOT7." He stares at us with a dirty look and I roll my eyes.

 

"Eye sore." Bambam sticks his tongue out and Kyung drags Piyo away with no further word. Least he could do is say thanks, annoying bug. Well that's the least of my problems right now.

 

"Take her home." I say toward Bambam and Yugyeom. Min Noona looks surprised.

 

"No, don't worry about me. You need to go to the hospital!"

 

"Please take her home." I say again and slip my hand from Yugyeom's grip. My hand tingles at the cool breeze of the evening and Yugyeom stares at the floor before nodding and heading toward Min Noona. Bambam pouts but agrees.

 

Min Noona hugs me a million times before Bambam pries her off and Yugyeom drags her along. I watch as they leave, uneasy looks on all of their faces. Taeil, who had been leaning against a wall nearby quietly, walks over to me.

 

"How are you feeling?"

 

"Like ."

 

"Well, you sure as hell look it." He smiles weakly. "I'm sorry I was no help."

 

"It's fine, but I do have one request." I motion for him to follow me toward my house. He waits for me to continue to talk. "Can you teach me how to fight?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"I don't want to end up like that again, and there is no use asking GOT7. So you think you can help me?"

 

"O-Of course!"

 

"That's good." I say weakly as the world starts to become dim again. I lean against Taeil for support. "Hm, the world is disappearing."

 

"Hyung?"

 

This isn't good. I think I took on more than I think I can handle. "Taeil, c-call an ambulance."

 

"Eh!? Mark? Wait! Don't just collapse on me!!"

 

Even though I can still feel the fear from earlier as well as all the pain inflicted on me. I can also still feel the warmth of Yugyeom's hand in mine. It's almost stupid how safe that brat's hand made me feel.

 

"." I grumble. "I'm screwed."

 

"What!? D-Don't go into the light Mark!"

 

"......"

 

"Mark!"

 

///////////

 

UPDATE! FINALLY!! LIKE OMG! I HAD THIS CHAPTER SITTIN IN MY GOOGLE DOC NOT DOING NOTHING :/

 

I just wanted to do a gang related chapter (as well as build a bridge from mark to block b that isn't so negative.) Tho it was prob a fail. But it works out in the end! Annnnnnny who. Imma start on the next update as soon as i can ^^

 

So...ENJOY! (P.S- Any one want to make me a lovely poster for this story??? If so, you can apply to do so! Thank you!! <3)

 

Upvote!

 

Subscibe! (Thank you so much for all the subs! Like I can't wrap my head around having almost 600 subs!!! Its crazy!)

 

Comments are looooove and motivation~

 

SPOILER FOR NEXT CHAPTER: def a markxeveryone chapter. Like seriously. Gunna be a lotta sharing mark~