Surprise Visits

Luck Is Not Chance

"Why don't you try substituting the X value here?"

"!!! No! Your cheating! Cheating I tell you!"

"Pft! Cheating my ! You just can't play!"

"I was thinking that the X value could go over here Hyung?"

"No if you do that then-"

"I WIN!!!! it Wang Jackson!!"

I bring my fingers to rub at the bridge of my nose. I turn to give Youngjae, who was sitting next to me on my bed, an apologetic smile before turning to the annoying brats in front of us.

"Would you two shut the hell up! As you can see I'm trying to help someone over here." I hiss toward Jackson and Junior who are giving me blank stares.

"Whatever." Junior sticks his tongue out and proceeds to dance in triumph. Jackson whines for a do-over to which Junior ignores.

"It's okay Hyung." Youngjae smiles and I give up with trying not to get a headache.

Now this may look bad seeing as I was complaining about GOT7 yesterday, but Youngjae had reached out to me for help. In all honesty, he's one of the members next to Jackson and maybe Yugyeom that I can sort of deal with. But as soon as Jackson heard Youngjae was coming over, he of course invited himself over too; only giving Junior a reason to force his way in as well.

"Like I was saying Youngjae, put the X value here. If you put it over there then-"

"I said give me a do-over you ing !" Jackson tackles Junior to the ground with a hard thud that almost makes me concerned. Almost.

", that hurt!!" Junior kicks and squirms under Jackson's weight and I sigh defeated. This is definitely not working. I need a break.

"I'm gunna go piss." I give the two idiots a glare. "I'll be right back."

"Okay, I'll try doing what you said earlier." Youngjae smiles and the two idiots still continue to fight. I roll my eyes and walk over them and out of my room.

I make it to the bathroom door but stop when my mother walks up the stairs and approaches me. . They were probably making too much noise.

"Sorry Mom."

"For what?" She gives me a confused look and that just makes me confused.

"I thought you were going to talk to me about the noise." I say sheepishly and she laughs and shakes her head.

"Of course not sweetie! It's been awhile since the house has been so lively." She pats my back and I remember that Min Noona, Jo Kwon Hyung, and Wooyoung Hyung have been so busy lately. So I haven't had anyone over for months. "Your new friends are all so cute and good looking. I can't believe kids out there still have such good manners."

I smile awkwardly. "Y-yeah...I guess."

She walks away with a smile and heads to her room. Oh mom. You're a terrible judge of character.

I walk into the bathroom even through I have nothing to do. I sit on the edge of the bath tub and count to 50, assuming that's a reasonable amount of time. When I open the door to leave the bathroom I nearly scream when Junior is at the door. He rushes in and all I know is my back is slammed into the sink and before I can yell, lips are pushed onto mine. It hurts like hell and I use all the strength I have within myself to push away. He hits the wall on the other side of the room with a soft thud. I don't feel bad at all.

“Why?” Junior huffs and I glare at him while wiping my mouth with my arm.

“I should be asking you the ing same thing! What the hell are you doing?”

“I really missed you Hyung.” He moves forward and I stop him with a hand to his chest. This ing doesn't understand that I can't stand him. “Hyuuuung. Stop acting like you hate me.”

“I do.”

“No you don't!”

“How are you telling me how I feel?”

“Because I know you.” Junior grabs the hand that is separating us and moves it away so that he can lean his head on my shoulder. “You just need to open your heart a little.”

“Shut up. All you want to do is to shove your damn up my .” I shove him away and he grins ear to ear.

“I mean not right now...but that can come later on, you know whenever you want~”

“ off Junior.” I glare at him and head toward the door but he grabs my wrist and stops me from moving. “Let go. I have to go back to help Youngjae.”

“I like you.” He says giving me a serious look and I roll my eyes. “I'm serious. I like you...so don't say you hate me.” The feeling in the room changes dramaticly and it makes me feel uncomfortable. I pull away from the grip he has on my wrist and we just stare at each other. “Please don't hate me.”

“Too late.” I say shaking my head.

His face changes to a frown and he leans against the sink like my words slapped him in the face. We stay in a heavy silence and I'm tempted to just walk out but his voice pulls me from my escape plan.

“Is there a store nearby?” He questions and I nod. He gives me a weak smile and walks out of the bathroom. Junior actually looked hurt. I can't lie...I kind of feel bad. But it's not my fault I hate him! I hate him because of everything he's done to me! The way he talks to me and the way he acts around me. Why in the world would he think I actually liked him?

I sigh and finally make it back to my room and the only person in the room is Youngjae, who is still working on his homework.

“Welcome back Hyung.” Youngjae greets with a yawn. I look around and he answers the question I'm thinking of asking. “They went to the store. I don't know when they will be back.”

“It's fine.” I take a seat next to Youngjae on my bed and he gives me a curious look. “What?”

“Something is bothering you right?”

I shake my head and go to grab the book he's writing in so I can look at his work, but he moves it away.

“Don't lie. Something must of happened with Umma. He looked like he was about to cry and you look annoyed.”

“I don't want to talk about that .”

“He's not that bad.” He makes a face like I offended his whole life and puts his book down. “Umma always takes care of us. He's also under a lot of stress too.”

“That doesn't mean he can be a complete prick to me.” I growl and Youngjae laughs. “Now get back to work. You need to finish your homework.”

“Does it really bother you? The way we all are with you.” I bite my lip and don't say a word. “From the way I see it, you blend in with us well. I don't think you hate us.”

“You guys always force yourselves on me. You act like I have a choice.”

“Are you playing dumb or what?” He gives me a serious look and it's a look I've never seen on Youngjae. “You can report us. You know us enough to know that the things we have done and do could put us in jail, yet you don't betray us. You can also go to the principle with your parents and complain and you wouldn't have to deal with us anymore. On top of that, you also could have told your mom we were a gang who forced our way into your home, but you didn't. You called us your friends.”

This damn brat, he acts like he knows everything. “Shut up and do your work.”

“Ah, so I was right.” He smiles and I push him so that he lands on his side. “Awww, we like you too Hyung.”

“I never said anything!” I cover my face in embarrassment. “Get to work or you can leave too.”

He sticks his tongue out.

“Hey, Mark Hyung? Do you want to know why I joined GOT7?” I look at him as he sits up and turns to face me.

I do wonder what got everyone in GOT7. I mean I can see why Im Jaebum and Junior got in. For one, Im Jaebum is extremely violent and talks big all the damn time and Junior is just as bad. But Jackson is an overbearing puppy, Youngjae a little smart brat with a sleeping problem, BamBam a obsessed brat who's too cute for his own good, and Yugyeom is quiet and basically a pure kid. So how did all those different kinds of personalities end up in a gang together?

“Sure.” I shrug trying to mask my curiosity.

“I joined because I had no one else.” He looks at me with a weak smile. “I'm from Mokpo. My father kicked me out of the house when he found out I was sick; he didn't want to pay for any of my treatments. I bet you can tell by now...I have Narcolepsy. After I was kicked out, I was alone for a long time. I went in and out of foster care too. But my sickness only got worse. Then one day I ended up in a house that was different from all the other houses. It was nice there. The other people in the house treated me nicely too. They all were different like I was so no one judged me.”

He laughs at a memory I can't see. I'm surprised Youngjae trusts me enough to tell me something extremely personal to him. I would have never expected he was kicked out of his home for something he couldn't control.

“The house I ended up in was JYP's house. He's like a father to all of us. He adopted us, well except Umma. Umma is his real son...but he treats us all the same.” Youngjae yawns. “He formed GOT7 when we all were brats. He was the leader. But it wasn't a gang, it was a little group so that we never felt alone you know. It just kind of turned into a gang later on.”

I don't know what to say to that. I never imagined that any of them were adopted. I thought they knew each other from school or something and just got together. Wow, I'm seriously speechless. Youngjae seems to get that when he looks at my face and he laughs.

“You don't have to say anything. I just wanted to let you know. We all have our own stories. We are the way we are because of where we came from. But now...I kind of....” Youngjae trails off and then he's asleep. I look at him unsure if it's a joke or if he really fell asleep, but when he doesn't move in five more minutes I know he really is. I get off the bed and lay him down in the covers. The house is quiet until I hear heavy footsteps climbing the stairs and voices laughing and yelling. Great these animals are back. They open my door and Junior looks fine now and Jackson nearly attacks me when we meet eyes.

“Dimsum! We brought snacks! Let's play another round of that game.” Jackson is hugging me tight and it's hard to picture some family in Hong Kong abandoning Jackson as a kid. He's always smiling too. “Dimsum? What's wrong?” He pouts.

“Nothing, get off. Okay I'll play a round.” I grab the controller off of the floor. I look up and Junior is still standing near the door. He looks uneasy and I sigh. I'm way too nice. I pat the spot next to me on the floor. “Yah, where was this kinda acting after you forced yourself on me a million times, huh? Just sit down and play.”

“Will you hate me less?” He says in a low voice and I roll my eyes.

“If you let me win a few rounds, maybe.” I grin and he laughs taking a seat on the floor next to me.

“I don't know, I don't lose to anyone.”

“Well you're about to start!” Jackson takes the other controller and we play a couple of rounds. I win a few but most the time Junior wins and soon it's dark outside. The room is full of Jackson whining for more do-overs and Junior laughing his off. I glance over my shoulder and Youngjae is still fast asleep and I wonder if anyone has ever died from Narcolepsy. It makes a horribly sick feeling set in my stomach at the thought.

“Damn time flies.” Junior looks at his phone with a frown. “We have to get going.”

“Can't we stay for a few more hours?” Jackson clings to my leg and I whack him over the head as hard as I can. “Ouch-Dimsum!”

“Go home!” I growl and I assume Junior would start to whine as well but he's already trying to wake Youngjae up behind us. He's whispering into Youngjae's ear and placing soft kisses onto his face and neck. I raise an eyebrow at his actions but let it go, because honestly, I know this is nothing for them. Youngjae stirs a little and Junior is able to get him to sit up. He drags him to his feet and I walk them downstairs making sure to pack up Youngjae's book bag. I fight off a whining Jackson again and my mother waves goodbye as they bow and leave.

“See you tomorrow!” Jackson smiles finally being dragged away by Junior who is piggybacking Youngjae. I cross my arms and shoo him away and then they're gone. I close the door and make my way upstairs and I realize I have a problem.

Well, two problems. One, I forgot I have my own damn homework to do...and two, I actually had an okay time this whole weekend. I mean yeah, it was annoying as hell at some points but it wasn't bad. I rub forehead a little frustrated with myself.

“Maybe Youngjae was right?” I grumble to myself. “Maybe I don't actually hate them?”

I push the thought away when I take out all the homework I have to do for the weekend. This is what I get for being nice... my life. This is probably going to take a whole night to do. After an hour of trying to motivate myself to do something, I finally start on one, finishing it within an hour. But I can't bring myself to start on the next one. Who the hell made homework? I need to find that person and kill them.

“Mark!” My mother's scream pulls me from my bed. I rush to the hallway to see what is happening. She sounds terrified. “Mark come quick!”

“Mom?” I stand at the top of the stairs and she walks up quickly; hand on her racing heart. It makes me nervous as I look around for signs of perhaps a break in or something, but the house seems the same. “What happened?”

“Sweetie...there is a guy at the door! He's just standing on the stairs and when I asked him things he won't answer. He won't even leave!” She panics and I rub her shoulders in a comforting manner. “He has such odd colored hair! I hope he's not from the mafia.”

“I'll go check it out.” I say having a weird feeling I know who it is. I open the door and Yugyeom is standing at the foot of my steps. Wow, he actually came, even though he didn't tell me he was coming over today. “Oh, Yugyeom.” He stares at me as if lost in his own little world and I notice the bag he's holding in his hand.

My mother comes to the door and stares at him with uneasy eyes. He bows at her and she looks at me for confirmation. “Is this a f-friend of yours sweetie?”

I glance at him and then back at her.

Mom, not even I know. “Yeah. He's Kim Yugyeom. He's a kid from the middle school next to my high school.” I motion for him to come forward and he does. He holds out the bag in his hands for my mother to take. She looks scared but takes it anyway.

"T-Thank you." She smiles weakly and then she leaves as fast as she can. Yugyeom glances around and I know he's looking for Princess. I'm tempted to tell him to call out for her but decide against it.
 

“Come on. She's probably in my room by now.” I motion for him to follow me and he does. We make it to my bedroom and Princess is laying on the floor. When she notices Yugyeom she happily wags her tail and nearly jumps in his lap as he sits down. I go toward my bed and continue to try to work on my homework.

Since Yugyeom is quiet and plays well, time goes by quickly and I'm able to finish basically all my homework way before I thought I would. I glance at him when I get to my last homework and he's Princess's fur gently. He's wearing that face of indifference again and I frown. I wonder how he can be this quiet for so long. I mean I for one am a quiet person...but even I can't last this long without talking. Also, with the way Jackson talked about him back at their shared home, Yugyeom seems to talk a lot. I really wonder how he does it.

“Hey Yugyeom.” I mumble out into my empty room. He glances my way and waits for me to contiune to talk. “How can you stay so quiet all the time? Doesn't it bother you?”

He gives me a blank stare in response and I make a face; he looks away and continues to play with Princess. That irks me to no end.

“Are you thirsty?”

No reply.

“Hungry?”

Still no reply, so I groan and flop on my bed.

“Fine, be that way you damn brat. I'm going to take a nap.”

I close my eyes for a while but can't sleep. I have way too much going through my head right now. How the hell am I'm going to finish that stupid Pre-Calculus homework? Or how the hell my whole damn weekend went so fast? Even why am I thinking about GOT7 a lot, and why this damn brat won't talk? It's annoying as hell. I mean he came, so that's something. Maybe he'll start to trust me soon? Even though I can't begin to understand why the hell I even care; but I do.

“You're really pretty.” A voice cuts through the silent room fast and it's barely a whisper but I hear it well and it makes me tense up. Woah! Isn't that Yugyeom? I make sure to even my breathing to make it seem like I'm asleep. “Yes, Princess is really pretty.”

I bite my lip and try to hide the stupid grin that has made it's way across my lips. I don't know why but hearing him talk, even though extremely low, makes me feel all weird inside. Almost like it's something I've walked into when I wasn't suppose to. Something that could be tainted if acknowledged by others.

“I want to take you for a walk...but Mark Hyung is sleeping.” His voice is laced with a smile I can't and want to see. But that desire is flung out the window when I realize he has said my name. He said Mark! He said my name. Wow, I think I am a little to happy to hear this brat say my name. I swear this is all GOT7's fault for making me react oddly to guys. my life.

I move a bit and his whispering stops automaticly and I yawn and pretend to wake up. I give him a fake sleepily look and look at my phone.

“Oh, you're still here?” I mumble in the best sleepy voice I could muster up and he gives me a slight nod. “Sorry kid, it's late. Can you leave? You can come again tomorrow if you want.”

Without a word and so fast, I barely have time to wave goodbye, he gets up and leaves the room. I stare at my door awkwardly. Well...that was weird. Anyway, I gotta finish this damn homework or else I'll pay for it tomorrow.

“Sweetie?” My mom opens my door and gives me a smile. “I feel so bad for calling your friend scary. He's such a sweet kid. He even came to find me to say goodbye. He brought us some rice cakes if you want some. Such nice manners it made me smile.”

“Ah...really now.” I say feeling a tinge of jealousy toward my mother who got Yugyeom to speak to her. “Yeah, I guess he is.”

“Your friends are just so nice! You also seem to be happier now and days, I hope they come over more often!” She leaves humming a soft melody and I sigh.

Am I happier? I honestly don't think so. I feel more stressed out and annoyed then I usually would be, and thats saying something seeing as I'm the laid back one of my group of friends. But then again, more interesting things have been happening to me this year. It's honestly been the most action filled week I've had in all my three years of high school so far.

I pick up my abandoned homework and look it over a few times, the numbers and variables not making an ounce of sense to me. I put it back down and turn my pencil in my hands a few times.

Enough with thinking about GOT7. I obviously don't hate them as much as I thought. If I did then I wouldn't have be in the same place as them. I wouldn't have eaten with them. I wouldn't have walked around with them. I wouldn't have let them come to my house, cling to me, attack me (even in a ual manner), let alone let some of them have my number. It's settled then. I don't hate them. I just don't get along with all of them on the same level as some of the others. I nod to myself finally coming to terms with the choices I've made this whole week.

“Speaking of members I get along with more than others.” I say to myself in a whisper. “I'm really going to have to do something about Kim Yugyeom.”

It irks me. He irks me so badly and I don't know why. So I'll get him to talk, no matter what.


------------------------- -------------------------- ----------------------------  ------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------- -------------------------------

MERRY LATE CHRISTMAS

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUBS! SORRY FOR A CRAPPY UPDATE!

LOVE YOU ALL!

comment/subscribe/upvote <3

MOST INPORTANTLY~ ENJOY~