The Second Tuesday

Luck Is Not Chance

“Oh?”

I open my door, not expecting to see anyone at all. But in front of me, with a smile across his lips, is Taeil. What in the world is he doing here? Wasn't he avoiding me or something?

“Morning Mark!” He greets and I still can't understand why in the world he's here. I lock my door and make my way down my steps and he follows behind me happily.

“Aren't you scared to be around me now?” I question and he looks confused so I continue to talk. “I mean, you were avoiding me all day yesterday. Not that I care.” And honestly I don't.

“What? No way!” Taeil laugh as if it's the funniest thing in the world. “Yesterday morning you walked away and I was going to follow you, but I kind of got in trouble for not changing my shoes. The teacher seriously gave me detention even though it was my first day! It was pretty annoying, I barely got to be in any of my classes too, the office lost my files. I went looking for you before lunch though, but some people said you were tutoring and when I asked where to find you, no one wanted to tell me.”

“Then I asked this group of girls and they told me all about how you tutor GOT7 before lunch. They said yesterday was the day you tutored the leader of GOT7, JB.” He continues with a concerned look. “A lot people said different things about the whole tutoring GOT7 thing. Most of the people thought you were a member as well. It's crazy the things people can make up.”

“So you don't believe them?”

“Of course not! Why should I listen to rumors when I can judge for myself?” He grins and I nod with a slight smile. So he's like me huh? I'm happy he turned out to be different from the others. It makes his presence 25% less annoying.

He takes out a lollipop and unwraps it and I open my mouth to question a lot of Taeil's life choices, until someone puts an arm around my shoulder. I nearly scream until I turn to see a familiar face grinning at me.

"Hyung! You nearly gave me a heart attack." I hiss at Wooyoung Hyung who couldn't stop laughing. "It's not funny you ."

"Sorry sorry." Wooyoung Hyung continues to laugh until he realizes we aren't alone. He looks at Taeil surprised to see him. "Oh, I didn't see you there. Hey."

"Hey, I'm Taeil, Mark's friend."

I spare him a side glance and he's grinning like an idiot. I seriously don't remember ever calling him that. Don't tell me this guy is just like Jackson. And I really don't need another Jackson. Seriously.

"I'm also Mark's friend. Name's Wooyoung." He smiles and digs his knuckles into my head. "Why didn't you tell us you had a new friend! You can bring GOT7 around but you can't bring this guy?"

"Shut up." I groan, swatting his hand away and Taeil smiles with a curious look in his eyes.

"Hyung, what do you think about the whole GOT7 and Mark thing?" Wooyoung Hyung pulls me into a half bear hug with one arm.

"Honestly, I think Mark's a member of GOT7 already." He laughs and I kick him with the side of my foot. He keeps laughing. “Mark's a gangster!”

“Hyung.” I hiss in his direction and he runs to hide at Taeil's side who's laughing as well. “I'm not a damn gangster!”

“Who would believe that after seeing GOT7 always around you in school?” Wooyoung Hyung teases.

"Not only at school, I saw him hanging out with them over the weekend too!" Taeil informs him. It makes me tense up. Damn it, I really didn't want them to find out about that yet.

"Wait what? You hung out with GOT7 over the weekend and not me!" Wooyoung Hyung whines making his way back to my side. I roll my eyes. Great.

"Stop whining so early in the morning!" We turn toward the school and Min Noona and Jo Kwon Hyung are looking at us. Min Noona is the one who spoke and she's rubbing her ear. "I could hear you from a mile away Wooyoung."

“Shut up shorty, I'm surprised you can even hear me from all the way down there.” Wooyoung Hyung sticks his tongue out and Min Noona nearly flies over to us, but Jo Kwon holds her back.

“Don't make me kick your wimp!” She threatens, kicking her legs about. I yawn, already used to their usual banter and then I remember Taeil who quickly bows toward them. Min Noona stops struggling against her brother and notices him as well.

"Oh, Mark has a new friend? Is he part of a gang too?" Jo Kwon Hyung moves forward to inspect Taeil. Min Noona joins him and when nothing gang-ish is found they back off. Taeil looks a bit frightened by the odd attention he's getting from my friends. I would save him, but they were going to do it sooner or later anyway.

"He's normal." Wooyoung Hyung confirms.

"That's good! I'm Jo Kwon. If you ever need help getting around I'm your guy."

"I'm his sister Min, aren't you a cutie." Min Noon doesn't hesitate to come forward and ruffle his hair.

"I'm Taeil, I'm new." He smiles weakly, taking the lollipop out of his mouth. “Nice to meet you all.”

"You should come eat lunch with us today! Being new is hard so we can be your friends." Wooyoung Hyung grins.

"I would love to go...it's just...GOT7..." He says awkwardly. Oh yeah, sometimes those guys come sit at our table during lunch.

“Don't worry about it. They just seem bad from afar but they really aren't.” Wooyoung Hyung assures Taeil who still doesn't seem convinced at all. “Even the leader, JB is a cool guy.”

I guess, but he's still an . I huff in my head. Now that I think about it, this is actually the first time my friends have talked about what they think about GOT7.

“I think transitioning to knowing GOT7 would help if you met Jackson first.” Min Noona smiles. “He's a puppy who clings to affection. He's the easiest to befriend.”

There is no denying that, Jackson seriously is a puppy.

“Just a heads up, if you think you want to be Mark's best friend you might want to stop now. Jackson is his best friend.” Wooyoung Hyung jokes. I groan.

“Oh?” Taeil sounds amused.

“He's not!” I protest.

“No way, didn't you guys know, they're dating!” JoKwon Hyung puts an arm around Taeil who's confused.

“You should see them.” Wooyoung Hyung adds. “Hugging and crap.”

“They're probably going to win couple of the year.” Min Noona chuckles. Taeil looks at me with awe.

“Stop listening to them!” I face palm myself. Seriously, why am I friends with these people. All they do is make up ridiculous rumors! Taeil is looking about my friends cluelessly as they crack up laughing. I just shake my head. If Im Jaebum's an these guys are 10 levels above him.

“But honestly, all jokes aside, Mark is way too popular among the GOT7 members.” Min Noona whines. Wooyoung Hyung teases her about her lack of appeal. They fight and I can only walk on and hope we don't get late to class.

“Sorry about my friends...they're a handful.” I sigh after all the seniors have gone off to their classes, Taeil takes the lollipop out of his mouth and laughs.

“No way dude, they're really cool.”

“I see.” I mumble, then again he's a weird one too. “What's your first class?”

“Math.”

“Oh, me too.”

“I think we have a lot of classes together actually.” Taeil smiles.

I guess it won't be so bad having him here. Hell it's a whole lot better than having GOT7 follow me around to classes. When we reach the classroom I hear something faint. It's the foot steps again. The ones that are always so close yet so far. The ones who always follow me around. The ones that scare the out of me. I freeze at the door of the classroom and my body stiffens. Taeil, who stops as well, looks at me.

“Mark? Is something wrong?” He comes close to peer out into the empty hallway. I can't hear the footsteps anymore. I take a deep breath.

“No.”


------------ -------------- ---------------- ------
 

I don't think I've ever wanted to run into GOT7 as much as I do now. I look out the window to see if I can spot Im Jaebum smoking outside, but he's not there. I check some of the halls for a wondering Jackson, but he's no where to be found. I even check the roof for a napping Youngjae, but even he isn't there. It makes me uneasy. I know Junior is waiting for me in the library, but I don't exactly feel comfortable with telling him about this. I know Im Jaebum's an , but he's still mature and takes care of things like this. Jackson is good at making me forget how scared less I am, and even Youngjae is comforting with his laid-back nature. Hell, I even rather take BamBam's ual harassment and Yugyeom's face of indifference then deal with Junior's aggression and constant harassment.

But I guess I have no choice but to go back now. I sigh and head to the library and Junior is sitting with his head down, buried in his arms.

“Hey, sorry I'm late.” I'm not.

Junior picks his head up and his face lights up when he sees me. “Hyung.” He greets, eyes crinkling into his usual eye smile. “What's wrong?” His smile fades slowly to a frown.

“Nothing.” I take a seat in front of him. He's watches me closely. “Anyway, do I actually have to tutor you in anything today?

“Something is definitely wrong. Mark Hyung, are you scared right now?” Junior ignores what I had asked him and leans forward. It makes a horrible shiver travel down my back. How the hell could he tell?

“I'm not.” I lie and he leans forward even more. “Back up.”

“I know when you're scared because it's an emotion you don't express often. You're eyes widen as if you're waiting for something bad to happen, you're skin goes pale, and you put up a wall as soon as someone questions you so that you won't have to think about it.” He pokes me on my forehead. “You're also sweating a bit when it's not even hot. So just tell me what's going on.”

I swat his hand away and take a deep breath. I've never had anyone read me like that. It's creepy as hell. That just means Junior pays way too much attention to me when I'm not looking. I gulp.

“I said it's nothing Park Jinyoung.” I hiss and he chuckles. “Leave me alone.”

“You only call me that when you're being defensive or pissed off. So, I guess I hit it right on the nose.”

“ you.” It almost sounds like he's taunting me. This .

Junior moves back in his seat and waves his arms in front of him.

“Wait, wait,wait. I wasn't trying to get you mad...damn I'm not good at this. No, I am...I'm just bad at it with you.” He grumbles to himself. “What I'm trying to say is, don't lie to me. I'm as strong as JB. I can help you out too.”

“You want to help me?” He nods and I could almost see the hope spark up in his eyes when I don't automaticly shut the idea down.

“I'm useful.” His tone sounds pleading and he waits for me to talk. I guess I have no choice. I up the last bit of pride I have left after dealing with GOT7 and open my mouth.

“I think I was being followed again.”

Junior's face quickly changes from concerned to completely pissed off. He gets out of his seat so fast, chair slamming to the floor, it makes me jump. “You gotta be ing kidding me!” I have no clue what he's saying, it's in a heavy Busan accent. But he's definitely not happy. “Follow me.”

That's in normal Korean that I understand. I get to my feet and follow him in a heartbeat. He's walking fast and I have to jog to keep up with him even though we are close in height, legs the same length. He really must be pissed off. It makes my heart feel more at ease, least I have someone by my side.

“Where are we going?” I question and he looks at me with a determined look on his face.

“To Block B's hideout of course.”

“Wait, what? Why in the world would we go there?” I question but I'm still jogging along side him. He chuckles but doesn't say anything more about it.

He leads me toward the basement and I get an uneasy feeling, like he just led me to a secluded place to attack me and not bring me to see Block B. But that thought flies out of my head when he pulls me toward an unused room. I remember I heard that we used to have two auditoriums. But they stopped using the one in the basement. So this is where Block B hangs out? We peer through a curtain that blocked a nearby storage room, the auditorium isn't that big but the members are all spread out and easy to see.

“Is this the first time you see them?” Junior whispers toward me. I nod. They all don't seem too scary honestly. They all look pretty short too, well except that big guy with red hair.

“How many members do they have?”

“6.”

“I only see 5 people though.”

“Yeah, even though Block B hangs out here...their leader is never with them. No ones seen his face actually, not even JB Hyung.”

“Then how in the world do you guys know they have 6 members?”

Junior stays quiet for a minute. “Now that I think about, we don't have proof.”

“What?” I face palm myself. “Are you serious?”

“I mean Piyo always said the leader hated JB, so we always just believed they had a leader somewhere. We just figured he didn't like to be seen.” Junior shrugs. I shake my head. I really can't believe these guys. “Anyway, the really tall guy over there with the red awkward hair is P.O, but I call him Piyo to get on his nerves. He's the youngest and the one we found following you before. That short guy with the dark hair in his face is Kyung. They say he's the leader's right hand man since elementary school. The other guy with dark hair that looks right out of a James Bond movie is Jaehyo. Honestly, he's the older version of BamBam cept he's strictly female only. Now you see that blonde guy who's sleeping over there?”

I nod.

“That's B-Bomb. He's a good fighter...and has an even worse temper than JB. You need to watch out for him. I know you got a mouth and a pride issue but...if you see him, just walk away.” Junior warns and I punch him lightly in the shoulder. He winces.

“Yah, who has the mouth and pride issue?” I growl and he puts his finger to his mouth to shut me up. I grumble under my breath as he motions toward a different guy who's quietly sitting away from everyone on his phone.

“That other blonde guy on his phone is U-Kwon. He's also one to look out for.” That makes me worried.

“Is he a good fighter too?”

“Nah, but he's really good looking. He might take my heart from you.” Junior winks and I quickly jab him in the side. He covers his mouth as he yelps. “F-.”

“Just give it to him then. I don't want it.” I turn around and head toward the hallway. Junior soon follows after, holding his side.

“That really hurt...it was just a joke Mark Hyung. A joke.” He whines and I roll my eyes and head back upstairs. “But seriously, watch out for U-Kwon too. He's close friends with B-Bomb, he's also a mix between Youngjae and Yugyeom. Really smart and hella strong.”

“I'll keep that in mind.” We slowly head up the stairs toward the library and I actually feel horrible for not trusting Junior in the first place, but then again he never really gave me reason to trust him. He just does what ever the hell he wants and expects it to be okay. But, after that time in my bathroom, Junior's been calmer lately. It's weird. But I honestly shouldn't complain; least he's not sticking his tongue down my throat or trying shove his where it doesn't belong.

“Thanks for showing me Block B. Now I know who to stay away from.” Though, frankly, from a sane person's point of view, I shouldn't even be hanging around anyone from GOT7 either. Junior looks at me in amazement and think this is the first time I've thanked him. “Wipe that stupid grin off your face, creep.”

Junior just continues to smile. I wonder if it's cause he's always acting aggressively toward me I never noticed that Junior's actually kinda cute. Not that I'm staring or anything; just a random observation.

“If you think you're being followed again, call out to Piyo. He's a wimp so he'll run away as soon as he hears his name.” Junior's voice takes me from my thoughts.

“What if it's not Piyo?”

“Then call for me. I'll protect you.” His words make me want to throw up, but that's mostly due to my hate for greasy/cheese-y words that would only work in dramas. But Junior's giving me a serious look so I know he actually means it. Junior stops walking so I do as well.

“That's gross dude.” Junior crosses his arms and frowns.

“That's not exactly the reaction I was expecting Hyung.”

“Sorry.” I'm not. “I don't know if I trust you yet.” Which is true.

“Fine, but can I at least hold your hand Hyung?”

“You're asking me?” That throws my life off balance. Junior never asks to do anything. Scratch that, I'm convinced no one in GOT7 asks to so anything; not even the slightly tolerable ones.

“I told myself I won't act aggressively toward you anymore.” Junior mumbles. “I'm the jealous type so I tend to lash out to get attention if it's not toward me, and to be honest, it's the first time I've felt this way about a person.”

There he goes again with those lines straight outta a ing drama. They really make me cringe.

We stay in silence as we walk back and he doesn't reach out to take my hand and I don't put it out for him to grab it either. I honestly don't know what to do right now. I'm stuck between just letting him do it because he did in fact show me Block B, which is useful information to me. But, won't that just lead him to do more creepy ? Then again it if he's not forcing me to hold his hand right now maybe he did change? Wait-this could be a trap! It's Junior for crying out lou-

"Wow! You're actually thinking about it." Junior laughs looking at me and when he moves closer, I feel my face heat up in a way it's never done before, especially not with Junior. my life. “You're really cute Hyung.”

That just makes it a hundred times worse, so I kick him as hard as I can.

“Hyung!”

“Shut up!”


                                                                                          ------------------
 

A rumor went around after lunch today, it got to my class about 8th period and I wasn't surprised that it involved not only GOT7 and myself, but also Block B. Apparently, and this is straight from the rumor itself, the leader of Block B thinks I'm cute and wants me. GOT7, who somehow or another 'owns' me, fought them to keep ownership. Yeah. I don't know where the people pull this from. In reality, if they did fight, it was probably over Piyo following me earlier, which did in fact stop after I called out his name.

“Nerd.” I jump a mile in the air when Im Jaebum is standing in front of me. I'm waiting outside for him since he needs me to go with him somewhere-which I'm praying isn't my early grave.

I make a face at him until I notice the band-aid stuck to his cheek. So they really did fight Block B, great, now I feel bad.

“What? You got a problem with me?” He growls.

For some reason I feel really worried. And no it's not over this ; I am well aware that Im Jaebum and Junior can definitely hold their own in a fight. I'm worried about the others. What if Youngjae randomly fell asleep during the fight? I don't care if his file says he can kick- and almost kill someone. If he's asleep, he could get seriously hurt. There are no rule in a gang fight. Even Jackson, who has a record for fights could get hurt. I mean the guys a huge puppy who shouldn't be fighting in the first place. But now that I think about it, what if the maknaes get hurt? Regardless how scary BamBam is or how much Yugyeom irks me to no end, they shouldn't be fighting at such a young age. I sigh. Why do I feel like the mother of six children?

“Are you ing ready or not?” I'm pulled from my thoughts by Im Jaebum, again. I really need to stop spacing out so much.

“Yeah, yeah, just tell me where we're going.” I grumble and adjust my backpack on my shoulder.

He rolls his eyes and just walks in the direction I usually take to get home. He doesn't say anything and I'm really tempted to punch him in the face as hard as I can. But I don't, instead I don't say a word and follow a few steps behind him. There is no reason to start a fight before he kills me. We walk in awkward silence for a while until finally we make it to a family restaurant that's a few streets away from my house. Huh?

“Where's the empty parking lot? The secluded woods? The dark alley way?” I don't really mean to say it out loud, but I do. Im Jaebum gives me a look that's a mix between 'I'm tired of your ' and 'this dude needs help.'

“Nerd.” He rubs the bridge of his nose. “Did you really think I was taking you somewhere to kill you?”

The silence that overtakes us is the answer. He sighs and just shakes his head. If it's not to my death...why in the world would Im Jaebum want us to go some place alone? Wait, don't tell me this is a dat-

“Stop thinking so damn much. Junior's job is short on staff so we're here to help.” He informs me as he opens the door to the restaurant, a bell chines above the door. This was a trap! I don't follow him in and he holds the door open impatiently. “Hurry it up Nerd.”

“I'm going home.” I hiss and turn around but he grabs me by my backpack. I can't believe this brought me here to work!! Not that I wanted to go on a date with him, but he could of least told me I'll be slaving away for a few hours beforehand!

“Stop being a ing brat and get in here!” He easily pulls me into the restaurant with one hard tug. When I'm finally inside, ignoring the obvious looks we were getting from the customers, I'm greeted by the Ajumma who owns the store. She's smiling at me and gives me a hug. . I'm screwed. I turn to send a glare at Im Jaebum but he's long gone. . . .

“Such a good looking boy! Thank you so much for lending a hand today.” Now I really have to help out. The Ajumma leads me to the back and I curse Im Jaebum's name and hope he somehow or another hurts himself today.

“You really came Mark Hyung!” Junior waves at me, his other hand is holding a tray with four meals on it. As he waves I notice the way the back of his hands and some of his fingers are red and covered in band-aids. So even Junior got hurt, that only furthers my concern for the others. I notice that Junior easily takes orders, serves, and cleans with no problem. It's like he's so used to it, it's natural to him. The Ajumma hands me a uniform to put on and I enter the male's dressing room. Im Jaebum is done and fixing his shoes.

“I hate you.” I glare toward him.

“Tell me something I don't know.” He chuckles. We stay in silence and I figure this is the best time to find out about everyone else.

“Did you guys fight Block B?” I put the uniform down and stand in front of him. He looks up at me with a smirk.

“Hmm? Does someone actually care about us?” He teases and it makes me just want to slam his face into the lockers. But I don't. Seriously just go die somewhere.

“Just tell me if everyone's okay.” I roll my eyes and Im Jaebum stretches as he stands up, inches away. He smells like weird cologne that he probably shouldn't use again and smoke. I take a step back.

“Jackson scraped his knee like a brat, Youngjae didn't get hit but he fell asleep afterward so we had to carry him back, Yugyeom got a few bruises on his side, and BamBam cut his lip.” I feel my stomach turn a bit but felt relived that everyone survived. “Don't looks so pale. Block B looks worse.”

“That's good.” I smile a bit and Im Jaebum is staring at me, it makes me feel uneasy so I open the locker closest to me.

“You care.” He states simply and heads to the door. “Those brats will be happy to hear that.”

“I don't hate you guys.” I look at Im Jaebum with a serious look. We have a mini staring contest again, which hasn't been done in a while, then he smiles again. It's more genuine than last time and it makes me bite my lip and look away. I guess I never realized how good looking Im Jaebum was either. Damn it. The door closes after he leaves and I take a deep breath. Stop feeling weird Mark, just get to work.

Even though I at serving and bringing orders to the tables, the Ajumma praises me for my hard work at the end of the day. It's late, about 9 P.M and I usually get home about 5PM. I'm exhausted and now how a sense of appreciation for people who do this all the time. Now speaking of people who do this all the time, the Ajumma told me during a short break that Junior has worked here for years, even when he wasn't of age. She said he's one of her hardest workers. She told me that Im Jaebum comes along to help out whenever they're short on staff and won't even except pay for his hard work at the end of the day. Me, I'm not so nice, after I change my clothes and get my pay I search around for Im Jaebum and Junior. I figured they went home until I head out the front door.

“Come on Hyung. Lets go home.” Junior smiles, hands stuffed in his pockets, it's cold. Even though it would be super cliche of me to feel happy about these two guys walking with me after I have a slightly new light of them, I still do. But I don't dare show it. No way, that would make Im Jaebum tease the out of me and Junior smile like an idiot.

"I can walk home alone." I give them both an annoyed look. Im Jaebum crosses his arms and rolls his eyes.

"Just ing take our nice gesture and shut up Nerd." Im Jaebum hisses and walks ahead, Junior's right beside him. I smile when I know they can't see me and catch up to them in a few seconds. Okay, so maybe Junior isn't so bad of a person, and maybe Im Jaebum isn't either. Maybe I see them in a better light and don't mind their presence so much. Maybe.

As we walk Junior breaks out into a conversation about GOT7's shared home. I learn that JYP is never home because he works in the music industry. He goes overseas a lot and usually spends his time producing music and singers. That left Junior to take care of a lot of things in the house with the help of Im Jaebum. Now I can understand what Youngjae was talking about when he said Junior was under a lot of stress. As Junior complains Im Jaebum listens carefully and runs his hands through Junior's hair.

It's interesting to see how GOT7 acts with each other. If anyone would have seen them earlier at the restaurant and even right now, they probably wouldn't have believed they were part of a 'deadly' gang.

"You live this way right Hyung?" Junior takes me from my thoughts. We're standing at a fork in the road. Oh yeah, we live on different sides of town. I nod. "See you tomorrow then."

No whining? No trying to kiss me? Hug me? Nothing? Junior really is trying to be different huh. I wave goodbye as they walk on in the direction of their home.

"Thanks for the hard work Nerd." Im Jaebum calls out and I groan and walk quickly toward me house. I swear, one second he's okay the next I want to kill him.

I'm happy my house isn't that far away. I make it to the front of my house in a matter of minutes. As I approach my front steps I see a familiar figure standing at my door. I take a deep breath to keep the horrible cheesy smile off my face. He really came again.

"Yugyeom-ah." He turns around slowly with a slight bow. "Don't tell me you waited all this time for me to come?" He nods and it only makes me happier. -this is not good.

“Maybe you should head home. I heard you got injured earlier, plus it's late.” He shakes his head and doesn't move from in front of my door. I don't know if it's because it's dark, but I could of sworn I saw him frowning. “You still want to come in?"

I head up the steps and unlock my front door. He nods and waits patiently. If Jackson's an excited all over the place puppy that doesn't know how to stay still or listen, Yugyoem has to be that older dog that's obedient and takes orders well.

"Go ahead to my room...I'll get us something to drink." It may be dark but I notice the slight curl of his lips as he bows and makes his way upstairs. It makes me laugh to myself pathetically.

Damn you Kim Yugyeom...why are you so ing cute?

 

                                                                                                   ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

UPDATE!!!!! WOW....this is horrible! I wanted stuff to happen but this happened. It was a fail attempt to make Mark see a new side to Junior...and maybe JB? I just realized after writing a lot of this that I haven't brought BamBam back into the story! I am really slacking....wow....I will make it up to all the markbam shippers soon tho!

ENJOY!

 

Subscribe!(THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! I AM SO HAPPY A LOT OF PEOPLE LIKE THIS STORY!)

 

Upvote! (I AM ALSO REALLY HAPPY THAT PEOPLE HAVE EVEN UPVOTED!)

 

COMMENTS ARE LOVE!! AND VERY MOTIVATIONAL....thank you <3