Worrisome Wednesday

Luck Is Not Chance

~ ~ ~

"I'm the wild and y Wang Jackson. Nice to meet you."

By now I'm getting used to GOT7's weird introductions. Anywhere and anytime. And mostly when I really don't want to see them. Like right now, in the damn bathroom. I sigh and zip up my pants, never mind peeing, I guess.

He's shorter than me. Dark brown straight hair, slight big eyes, and a grin plastered on his face. He isn't wearing our normal uniform. Instead he's wearing our gym uniform, plain white shirt and gray sweats. He honestly looks like a normal student. He only has two basic piercings present in his ears and he doesn't have bracelets on and his sweats aren't rolled up either. I actually almost questioned if he was from GOT7 or not. But, who else would come looking for me?

"Wild and y?" I question looking the guy up and down. I look at him with a glare and my voice is serious, trying to convey my annoyance at his random appearance. "Bull." I say walking out of the bathroom in search of any other one he wasn't in. And not even a second later footsteps can be heard behind me. Great. Why am I not surprised?

"Hey? Hey, what do you mean by that? I am wild and y!" Wang Jackson whines behind me. I stop and look at him with raised eyebrows. This is the first time in my life that I dissed someone and they didn't look mad. He's actually smiling at me. Um, no cursing? No threats? No hitting? Not even a 'Nerd' in that mocking tone Im Jaebum is known for?

"Are you really from GOT7?" I mean to question in my head but the words slip out. He looks puzzled for a minute, but comes close and pulls me to him, arm around my shoulder. He smells like fresh laundry and a hint of chocolate. Why I decided to report that...I have no clue, anyway. As he pulls me to walk with him I notice the way he has to step a bit on his tippy toes to keep himself at my level. I bite my lip to keep a smirk off my face. Don't do it man, he hasn't done anything to you yet, hold it in! Don't say any short jokes.

"You sure got a lot of interesting things to say!" He grins. "You must be Mark?" He says now in English and it catches me off guard. My eyes widen and I grab his hand that hung loosely on my shoulder.

"You speak English?" I question back in English, mouth slightly open in awe and he gives me the same face back.

"Holy ! You do too?" I nod and blink confused at my sudden shift from annoyed to actually kind of interested in the GOT7 member. I mean it's not everyday I meet an English speaker!

"That's amazing! I didn't know anyone in the school actually spoke English!" He beams like an overly happy puppy. It takes me a moment to realize that our fingers somehow or another became intertwined. I gulp and slip my hand away from his hand. He doesn't show a reaction so I figure he's so fond of skin-ship that he doesn't even realize when it's happening.

"Yeah." I agree and try to gain my composure. I cross my arms as we continue to walk down the hall. He's talking a mile a minute about how much he's wanted to speak more English and stuff. I nod absent-mindedly. Dude sure likes to hear himself talk. He doesn't even leave time for me to reply or anything. But surprisingly, it doesn't actually annoy me.

His smile is real and his excitement, even though slightly overbearing is still bearable. I found myself in a weird position. I mean, I was never the type to get along with people right away. When I say never I really mean never. And it was regardless of how much effort the other party puts into the friendship. I could never just adjust to others, I'm awkward, so it takes a few months. So why did it take only a few minutes for me to feel so damn comfortable with this idiot?

When we head towards the stairs, I finally remember why I left my classroom in the first place. I stop walking and he does too.

"Mark?"

"I'm in class right now." I say softly. "I came out to pee, you know before you came and interrupted me." He grins sheepishly and nods taking his arm from around my shoulder. "Don't be late for tutoring alright." I say smoothly in English and found that I actually kind of missed the language a little.

He waves good-bye and just as he appeared quickly he disappeared, and I not so gracefully run to the bathroom before my bladder decides to explode on me.


 

~ ~ ~


 

I've been half listening half not listening to Wang Jackson talk about his day and other things. Its been a good 40 minutes into our tutoring session. But really I'm still trying to figure out why I'm okay with this. With Im Jaebum, I was sort of uncomfortable. Of course I didn't let him know that. His glares were harsh, yes, but mostly made me laugh. But his record of repeated violence did make me cautious. Now Park Jinyoung wants to get into my pants, so there is no way I would be okay with him. But Wang Jackson. He seems different. Where in the world did they find this over-sized Hong Kong puppy? And why would they bring him into GOT7?

"-rk." I blink when I see Wang Jackson looking at me. "Helloooo earth to Mark?"

"What?"

"I said I heard Umma kissed you?" He grins and I raise an eyebrow at his words. Umma? When did I kiss his mom? That's just gross. "How did it feel?"

"What the hell?" I grumble and finally take out the GOT7 member folders, easily finding Wang Jackson within the remaining profiles.

I flip through it, even though through these last 40 minutes he's pretty much told me all I need to know. He's a foreigner like me. He's from Hong Kong and is known for his skills in fencing. His record is pretty clean except for fights and some petty thefts, but still nothing compared to Im Jaebum. Apparently no one's on his level. He speaks English, Korean, Mandarin and Cantonese. He's actually kind of amazing.

Slowly my eyes fall on teacher comments. They almost make me laugh. Child-ish, likes to break out in random English, loud and all over the place and violent when provoked. Seems to sum this guy up pretty well. The last comment seemed to confirm my earlier question of why I was so comfortable with him. In blue ink are the words, 'friendliest' and 'if you need something done in GOT7 go to him' scribbled on the bottom of the page and I nod. So I'm not the only one who feels this way. I guess he noticed I'm not paying attention to him because he opens his mouth to question me again.

"You kissed Junior Umma yesterday didn't you?"

I freeze when I feel a horrible shiver travel down my spine. Junior...Umma? That creep is actually considered motherly? I bring my fingers to the bridge of my nose. Damn it, I actually forgot that even happened. So why is he bringing that up?

No one, and I mean not one person has said anything about that kiss. Well not to my face at least. Not after it, not when I left the lunchroom, and not even when we went back to class only a few minutes later. And really I was happy no one did. But it also made it awkward to walk into class this morning. I felt like I walked in on people talking about me, yet no one said a word. It was like the whole world stopped just to watch me come in. I could instantly feel the heavy feeling of eyes on me. And being the shy quiet person I am, I just looked away and headed to my seat.

Its annoying really. It's almost as if they forgot who threw me to GOT7 in the first damn place! I was elected by them all. So why make rumors when they know I didn't go willingly?

I sigh for the millionth time this week and I realize how down I get when I have to wake up to come back here. It's not like I'm getting bullied or anything. Really I would rather have that. Instead, it's like I'm glass, and people tip toe around me. And if they aren't doing that, it's whispering then looking or looking then whispering. It's driving me insane and it's only still the first week of my GOT7 torture.

"Mark." I shake my head, Wang Jackson's voice taking me from my thoughts. "You okay?" His big eyes actually look concerned and it throws me off. Someone in GOT7 actually has human feelings? I don't think my brain can fully process that.

But then again, since I've been talking to Wang Jackson he hasn't called me a nerd, cursed at me, glared at me or even tried to me with his eyes. I actually might survive today. I find myself smiling at the thought of a semi-peaceful day.

"Oh." He grins. "You finally smiled."

I feel my face get hot from embarrassment. And then I realize it's the first time I have smiled when dealing with a GOT7 member. I bite my lip awkwardly. And his hand finds my head.

"Don't frown, hehe did, I embarrass you?" He nods and it's almost like he's not talking to me. "Umma wasn't kidding you're really cute."

He ruffles my hair and I swat his hand away. I make a face, yet I don't feel disgusted like I did when Park Jinyoung tried to touch me. It kind of felt like the times Min Noona would ruffle my hair to annoy me. This is bad, I don't like how familiar and comfortable this guy makes me feel. It's throwing my whole damn equilibrium of life off balance. I send him a glare. You're a damn GOT7 member! So ing act that way and stop looking at me with puppy dog eyes!

"Yah, who are you calling cute, huh? Anyway the point of us meeting is because I have to tutor you." I say a bit too late, there are about 10 minutes left until lunch. He frowns at my words, but comes forward to lean his head on his arm.

"What subjects do you at?" I question softly. He shrugs.

"You're no fun."

"Wang Jackson." I push for him to answer me and he shakes his head.

"Just call me Jackson. And school work is boring. How about we play a game instead?" He says happily and I resist the urge to knock him upside the head. This idiot, all he wants to do is play around. No wonder I keep thinking he's a puppy.

"Which subjects?" He groans when I ask again and lays his face flat on the table.

"Math and Korean history." I write down what he says on his file to make sure I have it down. Least one of them can answer a basic question and give a normal answer.

"Thank you." I say and he picks his head up.

"Hm?"

"At least you're mature enough in a way to give me a good answer. I'll work hard to teach you." I find myself smiling at the fact that I won't have to lose faith in all humanity just yet. He stares at me for a few minutes and smiles as well.

"Wanna be friends?" Jackson says randomly and sits up properly. I watch him carefully. A GOT7 member wants to be my friend? Don't tell me they sent Jackson here to lure me into a trap? When he notices my eyes watching him cautiously he opens his mouth again. "I'm serious just friends. It's not everyday I meet a fluent English speaker you know."

"I just met you." I say putting all the GOT7 files together. It was 2 minutes until lunch. He puts his hand down on the files to stop me from moving.

"But you know all about me. I'm not that bad, right? Come on, let's be friends? Where are you going after this?" He pleads and it kind of reminds me of Wooyoung Hyung when I first met him. I look him over and he looks pretty serious. I fidget in my seat. I took a chance with Wooyoung Hyung even though I thought he was bullting me. Maybe Jackson will be the same?

"I'm going to lunch." I get up and stretch a little bit.

"Can I come? I won't bring the others. Here I'll even hide myself so no one can tell I'm from GOT7." Jackson beams and pulls his white shirt up so that it's on his head, revealing his surprisingly toned abs, not that I was looking or anything. He puts his hands to his face to cover them like he couldn't be seen. I laugh so hard I almost pee on myself.

"Dude, what the hell?" He smiles when he notices me laughing and wiping a tear from my eye, he pulls his shirt back down. "You can come just don't act weird, okay?"

He pouts.

"But acting weird is my life."

I explode back into laughter. "Maybe you should see someone for that?"

~ ~ ~

Why didn't I expect this? Did I really believe that I was going to have a peaceful lunch period? That I was going to be able to smile and laugh with my friends and Jackson and hate life a little less?

I sigh heavily when Park Jinyoung is glued to my side, again. Jackson is sitting on the other side of me and Im Jaebum is again, sitting on the other side of Park Jinyoung. I really should of listened to my gut when it screamed that something wasn't right as Jackson and I neared the lunch room. Something was of course instantly wrong when people who usually sat close to my usual table had abandoned their usual seats. And that's when I realize the usual table my friends and I sat in was occupied by a little too many bodies. And they just so happened to belong to two human beings, if I can even call them that, who I really didn't want to see.

"Why are you guys here...again?" I finally pull my arm away from Park Jinyoung who pouts. Jackson next to me nods.

"Yeah, why are you guys here? Don't you guys have kids to beat up and lunch money to steal?" He chuckles as he talks and it surprises me that he would say something like that when his leader was present.

"This kid." Im Jaebum hisses, but it's different from when it's directed at others. He's smiling at Jackson and I can't lie it makes me uneasy. "I'm only here because Junior won't let me smoke until he sees the damn nerd."

"I'm not a ing nerd Im Jaebum." He only glances at me slightly and then puts his attention elsewhere. I clench my fist. Oh the merciless death, I want this to have!

"Don't let it get to you. He called me Wang Kong for 2 years before I even got to just Wang. He only recently started calling me Jackson." He pats my shoulder and it actually calms me down a little.

"He's such an though." I roll my eyes and Jackson gives me a reassuring smile.

"I can hear you." Im Jaebum yawns bored out of his mind. "You would think people had manners." He huffs and I send him a glare. Don't ing talk to me about manners! Even rats have better human manners than you! I go to open my mouth, but stop when I feel Park Jinyoung press into my side.

"Mark Hyung why won't you go out with me?" Park Jinyoung loops his arm around mine again and I give up fighting him. "Or least let me you." The torture never ends does it?

I unconsciously turn my head toward Jackson, not used to the extra people at the table. And unexpectedly he's chatting away with my friends. It was like they were in their own little world, pretending that Park Jinyoung and Im Jaebum weren't there. Even me.

"I'm not gay. Leave me alone." I groan at the tight grip on my arm, how many times does he want me to repeat it? "Go find some girl or something."

"There aren't any girls as hot as you." I jump when I feel Park Jinyoung's hand land on my crotch, he rubs little circles near my zipper. "Come on it'll feel so good you'll beg for more." He his lips and I instantly push him away, so hard he nearly falls out of his seat.

" off creep!" I hiss as a wave of complete and utter disgust washes over me. Im Jaebum laughs. I look at him and he keeps laughing and I could feel all my blood boil and I just want to scream. I can't say anything and I can't do anything. It's so damn frustrating. What the hell am I suppose to do? I take slow, deep breaths until I meet eyes with Im Jaebum again. It was like he could sense my anger rising within me because he stops laughing.

"Calm down and come over here." Im Jaebum says in a tone of voice I'm not used to hearing, dare I say it, but it sounded soft and he motions to the seat next to him. I raise an eyebrow at him and Park Jinyoung turns to protest.

"Yah, Hyung what do you think you're doing?"

“Shut up, he's only moving his seat you damn fan girl.”

“But then I can't touch him!”

“Isn't it too damn early to be .”

“But he's hot.”

“You need some ing help.”

I sigh hearing their conversation and get up, because honestly, I rather sit next to the guy who hates me than the guy who wants to shove his up my . I take a seat and instantly Im Jaebum pulls me close and I look at him, wondering what the hell he thought he was doing. His hand is at my waist, but he isn't doing anything 'Park Jinyoung-ie' so I don't squirm away. He yawns and lays his head on my shoulder and Park Jinyoung curses at him for being a damn liar and a ing . He gets up with a huff and storms out of the lunch room, pushing a few kids into the walls and each other. I roll my eyes, so damn dramatic I swear.

"You bring me here to use me?" I mumble mostly to myself. He nods and I could feel the heavy weight of his head against my shoulder and his loose grip on my waist. I glance down at his face and his eyes are closed and for the first time I notice how soft his features actually looked when he wasn't angry, which just happened to be all the time. Him being so close I could even smell the shampoo from his hair. I gulp. Why in the world am I paying attention to details? Especially about Im Jaebum.

"Just shut the up, okay? This way I can nap and Junior won't try to you." He says harshly and it throws me off that he was in a way trying to be nice.

"Park Jinyoung's not even here anymore." I whisper for some reason and he pretends to not hear me. He only shifts a bit closer so that he could half lean on my chest and on impulse I put my arm around his shoulder to make myself more comfortable. I mentally curse in my head when I realize it. I want to so badly take back my arm, but I fight the urge. This is so awkward. Im Jaebum is basically using me as a pillow right now. But since nothing bad is happening, I swallow my anger and awkwardness and focus on the others. They aren't paying Im Jaebum and I any attention, and seem to be talking about something weird.

"No way! Omg! I always knew it!" Min Noona laughs, pushing Jackson by the shoulder. By the way she was smiling and playing with her hair I could already tell she was starting to like him. Ha, and she said she didn't like GOT7. "It was always so damn noisy down there!"

"Hmm? What were you doing in the basement huh Min?" Wooyoung Hyung nudges her in the side and she sends him a glare.

"Shut up Wooyoung!"

"Are you sure it's true?" Jo Kwon Hyung whispers towards Jackson and he nods, putting up the universal sign of 'okay.'

"Of course! Like I said before I went to get something I left in the club room and I heard these weird noises! I called out for the teacher and when I opened the door, I saw them doing it! Dude, it was gross! Flab everywhere!" He laughs loudly and it sounded like a dying hyena. The the others join him in the laugh as well. Wooyoung Hyung cringes.

"Did you get caught?"

"No way I ran the hell out of there so fast I bet they didn't even notice I came in!"

Yesterday these guys were like awkward rigid stones with Park Jinyoung and even shook if Im Jaebum looked at them. Now here they are like excited little kids with Jackson. But then again, they aren't the only ones. Once we got into the lunch room people started swarming around Jackson. Fan girls, fan boys, teachers who want things done, and even people who just wanted to say hi. Jackson seems to really be the popular one, though I couldn't ignore half of the fan girl/fan boy conversations that involved the other members as well. I guess even though feared, GOT7 still has people who love them. I wince a bit when I feel pain in my shoulder. Im Jaebum is out cold, snoring lightly and it was the first time I didn't want to be mean to him. But seriously being his pillow is painful. I shake him with the arm I have around his shoulder.

"Dude you're heavy, get up." He doesn't move at all. I shake him with a little more force now and he only stirs a little. "Yah, Im Jaebum get your fat head off of me."

Finally he groans and moves away from me, rubbing his eyes roughly. When he looks at me again, his already small eyes are half open. But he still manages to send me a glare.

"You got some nerve waking me the up nerd." He grumbles under his breath and gets himself to his feet. "But whatever, I'm going to go smoke." He yawns and walks away as if nothing happened. No byes or even a damn thank you for using me as a pillow and probably bruising my shoulder. As he's leaving people literally stage dive away from him and when he's gone the 'looking and whispering' and 'whispering then looking' starts again. Urgh. Why am I the only one with such horrible luck, huh? This isn't fair!

"Something wrong Mark?" Jackson asks quietly in English taking me from my thoughts. Oh yeah, I'm not alone. I rub my sore shoulder and shake my head. Where was his concern when Park Jinyoung was touching me or even when Im Jaebum was using me as a damn pillow?!

"Just haven't seen these fools so excited in a while." I lie and realize that being like Jackson was a good thing. He made people comfortable and he was funny. Now me on the other hand, I was quiet and awkward and I wouldn't be able to even make a baby crack a smile.

Noticing my frown Jackson moves closer and puts an arm around my shoulder, again and smiles lightly.

"Don't lie to me~" He says in a teasing tone and Min Noona grins.

"My my our little Mark-ah has been so popular among you GOT7 guys. Junior wants to be his boyfriend and even JB seems to want some too. Don't tell me you're on that list as well Jackson?" She teases and I want to hide under the table in embarrassment.

Annoyed, and mostly with how my life is throwing me into a series of unfortunate events, I don't even wait to hear what Jackson has to say. I get up and excuse myself to the bathroom and I don't even make it that far into the hallway when I hear footsteps behind me. I stop and look back, Jackson is looking at me concerned and it takes a bit of a burden off of my shoulders but its still not enough. I still feel frustrated enough to scream, cry, punch, and kick things with all my might. I still feel so exhausted and annoyed and I don't want to anymore.

I just don't want to do anything. But maybe if I was like Jackson...things wouldn't bother me so much? Maybe I'll have more friends and maybe dealing with the GOT7 members wouldn't be so bad. I clench my fist tightly. But I'm not like Jackson and never will be. I can't smile happily if Im Jaebum calls me a nerd, I can't give puppy eyes to Park Jinyoung in hopes he will stop harassing me. I can't have hundreds, maybe thousands of friends because I'm me. So everything and I have horrible luck and the rest of this week until next year is going to ing . Damn it, I actually feel like crying. 

"Mark?" He steps forward, but it doesn't lessen the distance between us. He's careful not to come to close just yet. Smart guy.

"I have to pee Jackson." I lie and pray he didn't hear my voice shake, actually I was just gunna sneak away to find some quiet time alone. If I stood with them any longer I was going to start feeling useless and invisible on top of being frustrated and that wouldn't be fun for anyone.

"I'll come." He smiles and practically runs to me, like an excited puppy when they see their owner. "Don't want you getting jumped, you know, just in case JB Hyung or Junior Umma see you alone." He laughs again like a little hyena. I want to crack a fake smile, but I can't and I bite back the urge to push him away. But he puts his arm around my shoulder like he's been doing all day. Only this time his hand is rubbing my arm in a comforting manner. Why can't I push this idiot away? Don't I hate new people? Don't I take a long time to open up? Urgh, I don't even know anymore.

He leads the way and we pass the bathroom and I don't stop him. Guess he's not that slow, he knew I was lying. He takes me into the stairwell and we sit down on the bottom stair. He takes his arm from around my shoulder and taps his arm.

"What?"

"I know something is wrong so you can cry on my shoulder. You can even wipe your snot on me, I'm a man I can take it." He says with a ridiculous face and I find myself laughing hard. And it feels so good to just laugh. To forget even for a second how much I hate everything that's happening in my life. It feels really good.

"Ew dude, gross." I grumble, but feel myself still leaning on his shoulder.

Whatever, I'm just going to go with the flow. I take a deep breath and find all the stress and annoyance just wash away when he leans his head against mine. And it baffles me to no end. Not with Min Noona, not with Jo Kwon Hyung and not with Wooyoung Hyung either. Wow.

"You know this never happened to me before."

He hums softly to signal for me to continue talking.

"Feeling comfortable with someone so quick. I usually stay away from people who I don't know. Yet here I am with you." My words are barely a whisper and he nods. "Even though you annoy me just as much as the others. You aren't so bad. I guess we can be friends."

"Best friends?" He questions moving his head away from mine to look me in the eyes and I chuckle softly.

"Don't push it idiot."

~ ~ ~

Subscribe/Upvote/ Comment! :D