Moody Monday

Luck Is Not Chance

I’ve been thinking, but, isn’t this too much? Why me? Maybe it's because I'm the quiet one? Not Korean? Or maybe even because I wore two different colored socks this morning, I don't know. But something has to explain my insanely bad luck.

“These are the members’ files." My homeroom teacher smiles slightly, sympathy present in her eyes. Yet, she had no intention of trying to help me out of the situation from the beginning. Less work for her I guess. my life.

“The leader is Im Jaebum. You'll tutor him Monday. Park Jinyoung Tuesday. Wang Jackson Wednesday. Choi Youngjae Thursday. Lastly, on Friday you will tutor the maknaes of the gang, Kim Yugyeom and..." My homeroom teacher stops, looking over the paper again. She seems a little uneasy to speak the next few words. “K-Kunpimook Bhuwakul."

Without delay, my teacher places a few more folders in front of me before she walks out of the library as fast as she could. It was as if she had thought GOT7 would all waltz in here at any moment to get her. I watch her leave, fighting the temptation to just walk out myself. Seriously, what kind of ty luck do I have?First, I wake up an hour late, only giving me 10 minutes to get ready and run to school. No breakfast, may I add. Then I'm scolded for being late by my jerk of a math teacher. Then scolded for forgetting my homework that I spent three hours on last night, which was why I woke up late in the first damn place! And then I fell asleep during the stupid student discussion and ended up being elected for this tutoring job. Which isn't even a job, since I'm being forced to do it with no pay!

I look at the clock and then toward the door. There was no sign of Im Jaebum anywhere, the hallways eerily quiet. Maybe he won't show up? I mean, if he doesn't show up I can't get in trouble, right?

After 10 minutes of nothing I get up from my seat with a smile. Thank whatever almighty being is in charge of delinquents and their disobedience. I gather my stuff and cram the files of the members into my bag. No one is in the hallway so I head toward the stairs, but stop when I hear a voice. It’s not deep or anything, but something about the voice sent a shiver down my spine.

“Where the do you think you're going?"

Half startled, I turn to face the voice. At the end of the hall stood a guy of average height. He had jet-black straight hair that lay flat against his contrasting white skin. To add to his already strange image, he had about three to four piercings on both his ears. At first I was going to question whom the he thought he was, I mean what did I ever do to him for him to be yelling at me. That is, until I realized that the guy down the hall was probably Im Jaebum. I swear do manners and normal human behavior just disappear when you join gangs? How about a simple ‘Hey’ or ‘Where are you going? Aren’t you my tutor’, no? Too much to ask for?

Anyway, instead of our usual school pants, button down white-collar shirt, vest, and blazer. He sported just the white button down shirt open to reveal a red and black graphic-tee under it. The sleeves were rolled up to his elbows and his wrist sported about three bracelets each. He had chains hanging from the sides of his pants like some wannabe thug you’d see in some parody movie of what gangsters look like. Honestly, this all is too much, if he wasn't the top fighter in the school, I would be laughing my off right at this moment. So damn cliché!

“Im Jaebum?" I question as he walks toward me. When he gets to arms reach he looks me up and down. I guess he's trying to see if he can catch a weakness of mine. Well, unless you got spiders hiding in your pockets Mr. I'm-a-typical-wanna-be-gangster you won't have me crying. He looks back to my face and I try to keep myself from smirking.

“Nerd that's my tutor?" He mocks and turns his back to me, walking back toward the library. He stands at the door impatiently, like I was the one who was 10 minutes late. “Hurry up, you’re wasting my time."

I could feel my blood begin to boil. What an .

When I finally make it to the entryway, he doesn’t bother to ask me where I want to sit. He just heads towards the back of the library. With a low grunt, he takes a seat and leans back so that his chair and the wall meet at a strange angle. I really wondered where the hell his confidence came from, feet resting on the table like he owned the place. 

I sigh and take out the files my homeroom teacher gave me earlier. Might as well learn more about him before I start to deal with him.

The first thing I read was in big bolded letters: A danger to all who meets him. 

I gulp. Even though GOT7 is infamous within my school. I don't really know much about them. I’m the type of person that tends to keep to my small group of friends, and I could care less about rumors and such, so I’m not caught up in what’s going on at school most of the time. I’ve also been told that even though I have what people consider a 'good-looking' face I don’t stand out in a crowd. I'm quiet and struggle to make friends and or to talk to others. So I'm a little concerned with having to be so close to these guys. Now I definitely won't make any new friends.

I glance up to Im Jaebum after scanning his record and it was as if he already knew what I was doing. He smirks, boring a hole into my face and something in me tells me to do the same. I guess he's not ashamed of all the petty thefts he's been caught for. Or all the fights that he was in, and all the people he almost killed in fights; or the fact that he once set his own house on fire. Nope, no shame at all.

“In my defense, it was only the kitchen." Im Jaebum says in a bored tone, as if he had been saying it all day. “I was smoking and I fell asleep. Sue me if I'm the first human to just fall asleep while smoking."

“You shouldn't be smoking in the first place." I mumble to myself and he laughs, face contorting to one of pure sadistic amusement.

“What are you my mom? Last time I checked, I never asked for your ing input." He growls and I force myself to look away from him, trying to settle my growing rage, I flip through his file again. “What else does it say?" Im Jaebum questions curiously coming forward, taking his feet from the table and placing his chair on the ground.

“It says the usual things: name, age, height, weight, grades." I stop flipping through the file when I come across the section for teacher comments. “Says here you're quick to anger and use foul language. That once you're angry you get violent and are hard to calm down."

“That's a load of bull. Who the wrote that, huh? Tell me, I'll ing kill them." He demands and tries to take the paper away from me. I move it from his grasp and he sends me a glare that could make a child cry in an instant.

“Aren't you mad right now?" He his teeth and sits back in his chair and I continue. “I'm not too sure what I'm suppose to tutor you in, but would you not show up late?”

He rolls his eyes and looks around the library annoyed.

“I don't gotta listen to you."

“And nether do I." I smile lightly and he looks at me with raised eyebrows. 

“You sure got some guts, Nerd. Don't you already know who I am?" He narrows his eyes at me and gets to his feet. He looms over me just a bit, trying to make me feel small and helpless in his shadow. Don’t laugh Mark, don’t laugh. “If you keep testing me, I'll mess up that pretty face of yours."

Jeez, this is troublesome. I’m not easily scared. However, if he had a spider in his pocket, then I would be done, but he personally isn’t that scary. He just makes himself seem higher than you by talking down to you. I guess without his lackeys he just seems like the everyday ‘thug’. I think I'll test my bad luck.

“My name is Mark, not nerd. I'm not even a nerd. My grades are probably just a few points above average. I was chosen unfairly, might I just add, to do this damn job." I grumble and he sits back down, a look I don’t know too well gracing his face. It was like he couldn’t believe his ears.

“They sent us, you? Yeah, they must really want to flunk us out."

“I'm not that bad. I'm surprised you haven't flunked out already. Says here your grades are in the 50's, on good days Im Jaebum."

“Hyung-nim." I give him a look and he continues.

“Who said you can say my name? You think you're that worthy of it? Learn you’re place."

“You're younger than me.” I simply stare at him, unable to comprehend how someone like him could even exist. “I may not be Korean, but I'm not stupid."

“Hyung-nim."

I ignore him and he his teeth again. He kind of reminds me of a brat that wants his way no matter what. I continue to look over his file and find some interesting things, such as his hobbies, likes, dislikes and his gang name which turns out is JB.

“Says here you like dance."

“So what?"

“I dance too, but I'm better at doing flips and stuff." For a split second, I could see Im Jaebum’s eyes shine with interest, but he shakes it off.

“Who gives a ? I'm not here on a blind date. I'm here cause the damn principal will kick me out if I don't come."

I lose my patience, why the hell was I even trying small talk with this guy? “What's your worst subject?"

“Everything." He informs, taking his phone out and playing some game, volume on the highest it could go.

I look at the clock. Has it really only 15 minutes? Im Jaebum and I meet eyes again and he only sends me a glare before cursing at me for making him die. Only 20 minutes until lunch. 

Great.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“How's the bad boy training?" Wooyoung Hyung chuckles taking a seat next to me at our usual lunch table. It's far in the back near the windows that look out into the courtyard. I can’t help the groan that slips from my lips.

“Oh leave him alone Wooyoung." Min Noona pouts across from us, Jo Kwon Hyung nods.

“Yeah, you try being alone in a room with...you know who." 

I roll my eyes. “He's not Voldemort, Hyung."

“He's just as deadly!" Jo Kwon Hyung protests, and Wooyoung Hyung leans forward and motions for us to do the same.

“I heard that after he left the library, he was so pissed off, he beat this random kid up in the hall."

“Really? I wonder what you said to him Mark." Min Noona gives me a worried look. “I'm happy you survived a whole period with him!"

“I heard that the reason he needs to go to those tutoring sessions is because he was beating up these guys just so that they would do his homework. Luckily, he got caught and the principal tried to kick him out and everything, but the law didn't let her." Jo Kwon Hyung adds in one breath.

The others joins in to talk more about Im Jaebum and who he apparently beat up in the 3 minutes it took to get from the library to the lunchroom. Did I say I ignore rumors? I'm 100% sure I sit at the birthplace of all of them.

Wooyoung Hyung moves closer to me and puts his arm around my shoulder. “We still walking home together Mark?"

I nod and he gives me a cheesy smile. Wooyoung Hyung is a guy I met on the first day of high school when I was a freshman. He's only a year older than me and the well-loved captain of the basketball team, so I was surprised when he confessed that he wanted to be my friend because he didn't have any. At first I thought he was bullting me, since you know top basketball player and all, but he was being legit. He was popular, but no one was his real friend. They only flocked to him due to his image, but when he tried to be himself, they turned away from him. So I agreed. Not like I had any friends at the time anyway.

Now Min Noona and Jo Kwon Hyung are siblings that are in the Hip Hop Dance Club. They are also a year older than me. Min Noona started the club when she was a freshman and forced her brother to help her get members. So one day after school, I was kidnapped and forced to join. I’m sure that I was bored as hell, so without question, I joined. After that, we all just got close and I even got Wooyoung Hyung to join.

“Guys! Guys, isn't that...you know who over there?" Jo Kwon Hyung whispers to us as if he thought he would be easily heard by whoever he was talking about.
With a motion of his frantic hands, we all turn to look toward the window and sure enough, it’s Im Jaebum huddled up with who I assumed were the rest of GOT7. He was smiling with some of them and it almost made me think he was human, almost. 

As if he could feel us staring at him, Im Jaebum turns his head in our direction. I gulp as the others quickly look away, my eyes stay glued to his. Maybe I only survived our encounter earlier because I wasn’t scared of him? I mean, when we left the library, he didn’t look mad. He even said he never met anyone who had the nerve to talk to him the way I did.

We continue our weird staring contest and I realize that he's smoking. 

Im Jaebum puts the cigarette to his lips, not breaking eye contact. He takes a long drag and exhales all the smoke, eyes still locked on mine. It was almost like he was taunting me just because I said he shouldn’t be smoking earlier. He sends me a smirk before bringing his attention back to the other members. I look away, feeling annoyance creep up my spine. I shove a piece of chicken in my mouth. 

What an .

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

  Subscribe/upvote/Comment! :D