The JYP House (Final Part)

Luck Is Not Chance

“I said to get out of my way Park Jinyoung.” Jaebum growls, looking eye to eye with the younger male, who held his ground in front of the kitchen entryway. 

“Last time I checked Im Jaebum, this place is my domain. So actually, you’re in my way.” Jinyoung crosses his arms and Jaebum narrows his eyes.

“You think you control this ing house you head? Now. MOVE!” Jaebum shoves Jinyoung backward hard enough to have the younger slam into the dinning room table, knocking a few bowls, that fall to the floor with glass shattering speed. 

“I’M NOT SCARED OF YOU!” Jinyoung lunges forward with such a strong force that Jaebum can’t guard against the quick punch to the side of his face. He stumbles back just a bit, still standing. 

“ing bastard!” Jaebum tackles Jinyoung to the kitchen floor, arm raised to punch the younger right square in his face. “I’ll kill you – “

“What the hell is going on here?” JYP’s fiery tone stops Jaebum in his tracks. Both boys turn to look at their father with pale faces. They had forgotten he would be staying home for a week or two. “You’re scaring Yugyeom.” The tiny child clings to JYP’s pants, shaking like a leaf. 

Jackson, Bambam, and Jiho watched from their room doors, not surprised by the JJ Project fight. It was becoming a part of their everyday routine, with this being the 14th fight they had since the first. 

“Park Jinyoung started it!” Im Jaebum gets off of the younger with a huff, glaring at his brother as he got up from the floor as well.

“The only reason I started it was because of you, Im Jaebum.” Jinyoung glares back and JYP taps one of his foots against the floor impatiently. 

“Shut up!” He commands and the two flinch and eye the floor. “I don’t care who started it, all I care about is the two of you acting your age, and working this out.” 

“But – “ The two begin to say and with a serious look from their father, they continue to stare at the floor. 

“Look, right now we have more important things to focus on than some stupid sibling quarrel.” JYP exhales deeply, finger pointing toward Jaebum’s room. “Get in there, talk, and don’t leave until you’ve worked it out. Got it?”

The two don’t say a word, annoyed. 

“GOT IT?”

JYP’s raised voice makes JJ Project nod their heads and briskly head toward Jaebum’s room. With a soft thud of the door, a tense atmosphere clouds the room. JYP looks at the other children. He wondered if they were worried about the two inside the room. 

“Let’s all go out for ice cream. You’d like that, right?” JYP announces to all the little heads peering at him from doorways, and then smiles down at the tiny scared Yugyeom at his side. Yugyeom’s eyes spark with excitement, and he nods, easily being pulled into JYP’s arms. 

“Is it okay to leave them alone?” Jiho eyes the room, unsure if they would in fact kill each other or not.

“I’ve heard that they have fought worse.” Bambam yawns, a little bored. “Ice cream is way better than waiting to see who dies first.”

“Let’s get some for Youngjae too!” Jackson sprints toward the living room in order to catch up to JYP, who nods in agreement. 

“I’m sure Youngjae will be happy.” He says softly, making a slight glance to Jaebum’s room. He was worried, yes, but at the same time, he knew his boys. He knew they would work it out, just as they had done years before. 

When the door to the actual house can be heard shutting, Jinyoung gulps nervously. It was one thing to be angry and want to fight Jaebum, it was another thing to know nothing was stopping Jaebum from fighting him. 

“You said I did something to Youngjae, right?” Jaebum’s face is serious as he takes a seat on his large bed, the bed he and Youngjae used to share. The younger’s new room moved to downstairs in his little makeshift personal hospital. His pills stopped disappearing, so his condition was getting better, but since he missed a lot of dosages, the doctors had to start from square one again. “What was it that I did?”

“You know what you did.” Jinyoung’s face contorts into a scowl.

“Is this about me doing skin-ship with him? Look I’ve only ever kissed him a few times, and I’ve seen you trick him into bathing alone with you!” Jaebum says defensively.

“Huh?” Jinyoung slumps in his chair for a second. “You…think were fighting over touching Jae?”

Jaebum gives him a questionable look. “Wait, that’s not what the hell we’re punching each other over? Then why the hell are you trying to kill me?” That makes Jaebum mad again, anger rising from somewhere deep. 

“I punched you because you were the one stealing his pills!” 

Jaebum gets to his feet quickly, grabbing Jinyoung by the collar. “What the did you say? That’s a pretty big accusation Park Jinyoung.” Jaebum hisses, not letting go. “Why the would I steal his pills if I want him to get better, huh ?”

“That’s not what Yugyeom told me,” Jinyoung finally pulls himself away from Jaebum with a grunt. “He told me he saw you take Youngjae’s pills one night.”

Jaebum’s eyes widen, and his body tenses up. He couldn’t begin to understand the words coming from Jinyoung’s mouth. Yugyeom had framed him? Why would he do that?

“I’ve never stolen any of his pills! Yugyeom’s lying.” Jaebum clenches his fist. What the hell was going on?

“Are you really trying to tell me that little Yugyeom is trying to frame you? Are you serious? How about you prove yourself innocent first before flinging the damn blame onto a child who can barely eat by himself!”

“What the ? You don’t believe me? When have I ever lied to you?” Jaebum’s face shows just how hurt he is to know that Jinyoung didn’t have the same faith he had in the younger. 

“Look, if you didn’t do it, just prove it already.” Jinyoung gives Jaebum a face that only highlighted how he was losing patience with his stubborn Hyung.

Jinyoung’s words are like a slap in the face and Jaebum only shuts his mouth and moves back, pressing his back onto the wall. He extends one of his hands out, motioning to his room. “You can search anywhere and anything.” His voice is low, defeated, and Jinyoung moves over to look through his closet first. He then goes to his drawers, desk, and nightstand, before he kneels down to search under his bed. 

When Jinyoung can’t find anything related to Youngjae’s pills anywhere, he turns to Jaebum with a look of relief, however it quickly flatters. “You could have gotten rid of all the evidence before, when I first confronted you.” 

Jaebum comes over and grabs Jinyoung by the hands, making him stand up and look him in the eyes. “Stop. You know I didn’t do it. You checked yourself, and nothing, right? You also know that Jackson handles any and all trash in this house. He would have seen them if I had been taking and throwing them out.”   

Jinyoung looks at their hands, the hands that he missed touching, the warmth that always spread from Jaebum’s rough palms to Jinyoung’s cold body. He finds himself nodding, the anger and betrayal he felt earlier melting right off of him. “You’re right…I’m sorry. I don’t know, I just got so mad when Yugyeom told me you were the one taking the pills.”

“Why would you believe him so easily?” Jaebum pouts, not liking how easily he was distrusted. 

“I mean…it’s Yugyeom. He’s never lied before…but…why did he?” Jinyoung scratches his head in thought, but there isn’t any obvious answers. Actually, he couldn’t even think of any answers. It was mind boggling. 

“Well, let’s go check his room then, maybe we’ll get some answers from there.” Jaebum insists and makes his way into the quiet deserted hallway of the JYP house. 

“Wait,” Jinyoung follows behind Jaebum with fast steps. “You don’t think that maybe Yugyeom was the one – “ 

Jaebum raises his hand to stop any further words. “I’m not saying anything like that. I just think that maybe there could be a clue as to why he suddenly decided to frame me.” 

“Someone sounds bitter.” Jinyoung snickers, and Jaebum rolls his eyes.

“This isn’t the time to joke Jin.” Jaebum opens Bambam and Yugyeom’s shared room. It’s dark, and messy and Jinyoung notes that the two maknaes needed a scolding. He’d been so busy being mad at Jaebum he didn’t realize he stopped nagging the others. 

“Oh, so now I’m Jin, huh?”

“You’re one to talk! You kept calling me, Im Jaebum.“ Jaebum searches through Yugyeom’s small amount of things. Jinyoung chuckles to himself and starts to search near his bed and nightstand. “I’m your Hyung you damn brat!”

“Hey! I was mad too. Let’s just drop it.” Jinyoung chuckles some more and kneels down to push his hands under Yugyeom’s bed. The maknaes were the only ones with nice western beds, a large amount of blankets, and even fancy bed skirts, which hid the underside of their beds pretty well. It was where Jinyoung checked a lot before when he used to make them clean daily. “Plus you’ve already punched me for – huh?”

Jaebum stops his searching of the closet and looks over to Jinyoung as he pulls from under the tiny maknae’s bed, a fist full of pills. Almost as if he couldn’t believe it, Jinyoung gets to his feet, putting the pills up to the light. However, he couldn’t mistake them. They were the pills that his precious little Youngjae needed and had stolen from him.

“That ing bastard! He had the nerve to not only frame me, but be the one to steal the pills? I can’t believe I ing covered for that ing monster! How could he do this to us, Jin?” Jaebum stomps around the room, he’s almost at the point of seeing red, when Jinyoung hushes him. Jaebum clenches his fist. “Why are you so damn calm? Aren’t you pissed off? He’s the one! He’s – “

“Hyung, stop. I can’t think.” Jinyoung pinches the thin skin between his nose, his free hand coming up to stop the older from talking any further. “The only reason I’m not mad is because this all seems too fishy. It’s not making any sense at all.”

“What are you talking about? All the evidence is right there, and in your hand.” 

“I know that, but think about it. This is Yugyeom were talking about. Do you really believe he could come up with this kind of plan? Also, he’s been off the walls lately, right? So I highly doubt he played any part in this at all, well not willingly.” Jinyoung stares at the handful of pills, tilting his head in confusion. Nothing was adding up in his head. 

“So, you’re saying that someone set Yugyeom up?” Jaebum questions, hand to his face as a mild headache was coming on. 

Jinyoung nods his head. It was the only thing that seemed logical. Yugyeom had no real motive for one, stealing Youngjae’s pills, and two, pinning JJ Project against each other. “If you think about it, why would Yugyeom come to me personally just to tell me you were stealing the pills and then put them under his own bed? Wouldn’t he just put them under yours?”

“Oh.” Jaebum blinks a few times, dumbfounded. “Now that you mention it, that’s true. So then…someone stole Youngjae’s medicine, convinced Yugyeom to lie to you, and then set Yugyeom up in order to take the blame for all of this mess?”

“That’s what it seems like, unfortunately.” Jinyoung sighs. 

“What should we do Jin?” Jaebum worries, was this the reason Yugyeom had been having crazy outburst? Did he know who really took the pills? Was the person threatening him? “We got to help Youngjae and Yugyeom.”

“I know. I know.” Jinyoung thinks. “First,” he throws the pills back under Yugyeom’s bed. “Let’s pretend we never found them. That way, whoever it is that is behind this doesn’t find out we know the truth. Let’s go back to your room Hyung before the others come back.” Jinyoung quickly puts things back to how they were before and rushes to Jaebum’s room, Jaebum a few steps behind. They close the door and as if timed, the door to the apartment opens and the loud voices of the others could be heard.   

“So, what’s the plan?” Jaebum whispers.

“Pretend that we know nothing, we’re not fighting anymore, and, we’re going to set a camera up in Yugyeom and Bambam’s room.”

“Why not in Youngjae’s room?”

Jinyoung shakes his head. “It’s an open space so a camera can be spotted with ease. Don’t worry, we’ll catch them – “

The door to the room opens and JYP, with Jiho at his side, smiles. “It looks like you two made up!”

“Yeah, dad. Sorry to have worried you.” Jinyoung backs away from Jaebum, face tinting at how close the two were. 

“I’m happy to see you guys aren’t trying to gorge each other’s eyes out anymore.” Jiho chuckles.

“Yeah, we’re fine now.” Jaebum says with a simple shrug. “JJ Project’s pretty invincible.”

Jiho smiles, turning away to walk into the living room. He takes a seat next to Yugyeom, who’s face is buried into a book. 

Jiho knew that JJ Project finally talked it out and found out what they were really fighting about. It was only a matter of time until they discover it was Yugyeom. He couldn’t wait, he knew they would tell him all about it, he was as you know, the most reliable in the house. 

The problem solver.  

 

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

 

After the JJ Project reunion, something in the house changed. No one could really put their finger on it, but it was felt once you entered the house. A smoke-like haze settled and never left, and almost hide the growing frustration within the second youngest. Almost.

Things were becoming hard on Bambam. He’d watch Yugyeom almost lose his mind and never stopped to ask him why. He never watched him, really watched him to see the look of self destruction in his big brown eyes.

Why had he never caught him crying to himself in the dark before? Why had he never noticed the way Jiho made sure that he and Yugyeom had time alone together? Why had he not been the best friend he should have been?

Bambam tended to catch things. Things like Jackson’s fear of sports after his dad’s abuse, or the way JJ Project had not so brotherly feelings for each other and Youngjae. Heck, he even figured out that adopting kids made JYP feel as if he were father of the year even though he was rarely around. So how come he didn’t catch Jiho? 

It was infuriating. 

How could he not have caught him? Jiho had been perfect, and that should have risen flags in not only his own mind, but in the others as well. There was no such thing as the perfect person, people had flaws and Bambam knew that. So, how could they all have forgotten that? How could he have forgotten that?  

Bambam wonders how long it’s been happening. How long had Jiho been messing with Yugyeom? Since the beginning? Since before his first attack? Recently?
He couldn’t bring himself to ask the tiny child beside him, lost in a new book Jaebum brought him. They were sitting on the couch in the living room, shoulders pressed together. Bambam’s hand gripped tightly around the younger’s, book placed nicely in his lap. 

Bambam feared that if he asked Yugyeom about it, it would cause him to revert back into that moment, and he didn’t want that for his best friend. It had been bad enough he went through it twice already without anyone’s knowledge. So, in order to make up for missing the signs, Bambam sticks to Yugyeom’s side.

He leaves no opportunity for Jiho to be alone with Yugyeom at all. 

“Oh! There you are Yug.” Jiho’s cheerful voice chimes as he walks into the living room, a bag full of snacks at hand. Bambam eyes the snacks and he could feel Yugyeom tense just a bit. On instinct, Bambam squeezes his hand to calm him down.

“What do you want?” Bambam doesn’t even try to mask his distaste. Jiho blinks a few times, a little confused.

“Uh,” Jiho clears his throat, feeling the hostile air grow. “I just came to give Yug some snacks. He was so into that book today he didn’t eat breakfast.” Jiho holds the bag up. “Actually, I’m surprised to see you upstairs Bam. I thought you’d be downstairs with Jinyoung.”

Bambam narrows his eyes. “Yeah. I was suppose to be downstairs, but I’m looking out for Yugyeom right now.”

Jiho comes over with the angel-like smile he tricked them all with, and Bambam wonders how evil the older truly were. “Don’t worry about Yug, I can look after him. You know I don’t mind.” Jiho reaches out his hand to pat the tiny child on the head and Bambam stops him. A firm grip on the older’s wrist. “What’s wrong Bam? You seem…different today.”

“Do I?” Bambam moves Jiho’s hand away, and the older is a bit uneasy. “It must be your imagination, Hyung.” 

Jiho laughs nervously, he could feel it. A sense of panic building up within him. Why was Bambam treating him like this? Had he figured out what he was doing? He thought that if that was the case, then JJ Project would know as well, and no ones approached him at all. He takes a much needed deep breath. Maybe Bambam was just being moody? He did have his days. Either way, Jiho knew it was best to leave him alone.

“Ah, I guess so.” Jiho smiles weakly. “Well, I’ll just leave the bag of snacks here. You can have some too Bam, okay?” 

Bambam doesn’t say anything, eyes only boring an uncomfortable hole into the older of the three’s head. He gives another small smile before heading toward the kitchen. Before he’s out of ear range, Bambam calls out to him. “Don’t stay up too late today Hyung. Only monsters roam the halls at night.”

Jiho’s eyes widen, and he just continues on his path to his room, gulping nervously.

After he leaves, Yugyeom reaches his free hand out for the bag of snacks. Bambam stops him. “Why can’t I eat snacks Bam?”

“You don’t want any of that bad stuff, you’d probably get sick.” Bambam makes a grossed out face at the bag, before tying it up and flinging it across the room. Yugyeom pouts.

“But I wanted snacks.”

Bambam pulls the younger from the couch, hand still gripped in Yugyeom’s. “Come, let’s go get something from the kitchen.”

“Okay.” The tiny child allows himself to get pulled into the kitchen, book in his free hand. Bambam doesn’t have to help Yugyeom into the chair, he learned how to get up alone from Jackson a few days before. 

“Kimbap?” Bambam questions and he could almost see his best friend drool with anticipation. He chuckles and gets it from the fridge. Jinyoung had realized that Yugyeom had a strange eating habit, so he constantly stocked the fridge with small meals for when he got hungry. 

“Bam?”

“Yeah?” Bambam takes a seat across from Yugyeom, who grabbed a huge kimbap with his bare hands. 

“Why were you talking like that to Jiho Hyung?”

Bambam eyes Yugyeom. He seemed not to harbor any ill feelings toward the older even though he had bullied him more than once. “I wasn’t speaking to him any different than I normally do.” He lies.

“Oh? Okay then.” Yugyeom shoves the kimbap in his mouth with a smile. Bambam smiles as well. His best friend was really too cute for words. 

“Don’t sleep tonight Yugyeom.” Bambam commands and Yugyeom looks at him with curious eyes.

“Why not? I’ll get in trouble.”

“You won’t. We’re going to catch a monster.” Bambam states casually and Yugyeom’s big eyes widen and he nearly stands up in his seat, kneeling in his chair. 

“REALLY?” He’s excited and Bambam hushes him. “I’ve always wanted to see a real life monster Bam!”

Bambam nods his head. “I know, but Yug,” he looks in the direction of Jiho and Jackson’s shared room. “You already have.”

 

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

 

“We got to be smooth about this Hyung.” Jinyoung runs his hands through Youngjae’s hair. The younger is asleep, breathing softly into his hospital room. “If not, whoever it is that took the pills, framed you, and set Yugyeom up, will find out.”

Jaebum, who sat on the other side of Youngjae’s sleeping body, plays with the younger’s slightly chubby fingers. “I know, I know. Look, we already set the camera up in Yugyeom’s room, now we just got to tell everyone that we might now who is doing it, but don’t know how to catch them.”

“Do you really think the person behind this all will fall for such an obvious trap?” Jinyoung looks doubtful and Jaebum nods.

“They aimed to set Yugyeom up, right? So that means that if we announce that we might now, then that gives the person behind this all the impression that we were fooled. So they will continue to put all the blame on Yugyeom.”

Jinyoung sighs. “I really do hope this works. We haven’t had time to spend with Youngjae lately.” Jinyoung frowns. “He must feel hurt. He can’t talk, and he can’t even show us his precious little smile. You think he knows who took his pills?”

Jaebum pulls the younger’s hand up toward his mouth, pressing the soft flesh to his lips. “They better hope not, because if he does, that means they stole it right in front of him, knowing he couldn’t do a god damn thing about it. I’ll ing kill them, those sick s.”

A knock at the door startles the two and JYP pops his head inside. “You two wanted to see me?”

“Yeah, dad,” Jinyoung motions for him to come into the room, so he does. “Take a seat, we have something to talk to you about.”

Within a long hour or so, JJ Project inform their father of the current situation, why they fought, and the fact that someone tried to set Yugyeom up. It was the worse news JYP could have received. However, he knew what had to be done, and had no problem with JJ Project going through with their little plan to catch the mouse in their trap.

Evening quickly became night, and everyone retired back into their rooms except for Jiho, Jaebum and Jinyoung. Jiho was asked to watch over Youngjae and report back if anything seemed odd, however Jiho was not told about the camera in Yugyeom and Bambam’s room, nor that JJ Project were keeping watch on said camera. 

Jackson fell asleep early, tired from chasing Bambam and Yugyeom around the house, while the two maknaes pretended to sleep, waiting for the monster. 

Jiho honestly couldn’t believe how stupid everyone was. How could they easily fall for his plan? How could they trust him so much that they would put him in the room with the sole person he had harmed, and sought to harm once again. Youngjae’s asleep this time though, and sadly he had not gained consciousness that whole day. 

Jiho reaches over to the younger’s nightstand, throwing the pill bottle up in the air and catching it a few times. He wonders if it’s safe to put it under Yugyeom’s bed again, to sneak out of Youngjae’s room and come back. He didn’t know if JJ Project would make a surprise visit or not. He bites the inside of his mouth in deep thought, he could always, he thinks, say he went to the bathroom real quick or something like that. 

He smiles and gets to his feet, pill bottle shoved into his sweater pocket. He leaves the room in a few quick strides and with a slight nod to the doctor nearby, he heads upstairs, ready to further his plan. 

At the same time Bambam tells Yugyeom to hide behind the door to their room, so that when it swung open, he wouldn’t be seen by the monster. Bambam tells him that he will hide in Yugyeom’s bed instead, in order to trick the monster. 

Even though Bambam knew nothing about Jiho shoving pills under Yugyeom’s bed, something within the young child knew that Jiho would come to their room. Maybe it was because, sometimes almost close to sleep, Bambam would hear the door to their room open, and the soft singing of one of their Hyungs as he came inside. 

There were no definite signs that it had been Jiho, but there also weren’t any that said it wasn’t. So Bambam figures he’d come back to do whatever it is he does in the room as they slept. Yugyeom, who’s completely clueless, sees no problem with their monster catching strategy. While JJ Project, who watched it all from a monitor a few doors down in Jaebum’s room, raise eyebrows at the two maknaes’ behavior, but couldn’t do anything about it. 

With soft steps and a rough turn of the doorknob, Jiho enters the two maknaes’ room. When the door opens, everyone in the situation, except for Jiho, holds their breath. Jiho’s humming a tune merrily, throwing the pill bottle in the air as if everything he were doing was normal, almost casual. 

“Wait, who is that?” Jinyoung moves closer to the screen, the night vision wasn’t top of its class and the angle it was being filmed in didn’t show much of the person. “When the hell did he get in here? Did you hear him come in?”

Jaebum clenches his fist. That bastard was behind it all, and he wasn’t even ashamed of it. He also finally realizes why the maknaes were acting strange. They were the same, they were trying to catch the monster. 

“Shh,” Jaebum hushes his brother. “If you’re too loud he’ll hear you.”

Just as Jiho bends down near Yugyeom’s bed, in order to pour the pills under the bed like he’d been doing for longer than he’s kept count, a hand grabs him by the wrist.

Jiho yelps and Bambam yells toward Yugyeom. “Get the lights Yug! The lights!”

That’s when Yugyeom rushes from his hiding place from behind the door and switches the lights back on. He smiles, eyes falling on the monster – Jiho, and then he’s confused. Where was the monster?

The only thing that JJ Project can hear, just under the crashing of their whole being, was Bambam saying in a sing-song manner, “we caught the monster~ we caught the monster~”

JJ Project can’t move. They can’t even breathe and Jaebum’s eyes widen. It was Jiho. Jiho who they trust. Jiho who he trusted. The Jiho who smiled like an angel, yet, yet, here he was, in the light. He was a monster. A horrible disgusting monster that Jaebum allowed to waltz in and destroy their lives. He felt like crying. Why was this happening?

Bambam laughs, “See Yug, I told you we would catch a monster.”

“You said we would catch a real monster Bam.” Yugyeom pouts while crossing his arms. “That’s just Jiho Hyung.”

Jiho is stunned, how did Bambam know his plan? He panics and tries to pull his arm away. “Let go of me!” 

“Not until you admit what you did you sneaky bastard.” Bambam hisses and then that’s when he sees what’s in Jiho’s other hand. Pills. “Are you serious? It was all you?” Bambam is horrified to learn that Jiho was also behind Youngjae’s missing pills.

“I said let go!” Jiho yanks Bambam roughly from the bed, slamming him to the floor. When he groans out in pain, that’s enough for Jaebum to snap back to his senses and run toward their room. Jinyoung follows a few feet behind. “How dare you ruin it all! I’ll kill you!” Jiho snaps, reaching down to wrap his bigger hands around Bambam’s thin neck.

“STOP!” Yugyeom screams and nearly tackles Jiho to the side. He successfully gets Jiho to release Bambam, who gasps for air and chokes for a few minutes. Before Jiho can rush at Yugyeom this time JJ Project rush in.

Jiho freezes, not too sure what to do. Jaebum clenches his fist and dashes over, landing a full on super punch to the older boy, slamming him into Bambam’s dresser drawer. “Ouch!” He holds his back, but doesn’t move forward, Jaebum looking about ready to land another punch if needed. He was ed. No where to run, and no where to hide. He clenches his teeth. .

“Get JYP Hyung!” Jaebum instructs Jinyoung, who was already sprinting down the hall, by this time Jackson is up and in the hallway, worried. “Stop, Jackson. Just stay right there. Bam, Yug, you two okay?” 

Bambam chokes some more. “Never…been…better.”

“I’m…okay.” Yugyeom couldn’t help the fear that shook his tiny bones, Jiho had looked at him with eyes of hatred, of pure rage and disgust. It was a horrible feeling to finally notice that the person he thought he knew, was really really different from who they pretended to be.

“You…we…we trusted you. What the are you doing? WHY THE HELL ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US? Weren’t we family? Haven’t we all treated you well, huh you ing sick bastard?” Jaebum growls through clenched teeth and Jiho doesn’t say anything. Jackson stands at his doorway, not wanting to believe his ears. “HOW DARE YOU THINK YOU CAN COME IN HERE AND WITH US!”

“Jaebum. Stop.” JYP’s soft voice calls from the hallway. He peers in to see Jiho in pain, Bambam holding his neck, and Yugyeom moving over to Bambam’s side. 

JYP had wanted to make a prefect family for his son, yet, it would seem that because he had not been paying much attention, that perfect family was almost destroyed. “Leave the rest to me. I know what you all are feeling, but we have to do this right. Yah, Jiho, get your over here. NOW.” JYP narrows his eyes, and Jiho whimpers, making his way over to JYP, and out the maknaes’ door. 

He goes with JYP, right passed a wide-eyed Jackson, and out of the apartment. Never setting foot back into the JYP house ever again.

The months after that consisted of chaos and depression. It was a hard blow to everyone in the house, and to make matters worse, Jiho didn’t seem to feel any remorse for his actions. He’s been moved to a center for troubled kids as he waited to hear if JYP would press any sort of charges against him. 

It was hard. So very hard and with Youngjae finally coming to a point in his health in which he could walk, talk, and eat on his own, everyone ‘s mood only continued to fall. Youngjae had confirmed with his own words how Jiho would come in, say terrible things, and smile while he walked away with his medicine. It was beyond heartbreaking, and it was clear to all of them that they had been betrayed, and by someone they thought of as a brother.

To JYP, Jiho had become like a son to him. He was trustworthy, helpful, and his smile was calming to his fatherly heart that always worried about his sons and how they were fairing, even if it didn’t seem like that all the time. He didn’t know what to do. He was advised by his lawyer to press charges due to the emotional and physical attacks dealt to his family from a child too evil for words, but JYP couldn’t bring himself to do so. Jiho was the child that Nichkhun and his wife were waiting to receive in America. The son they wanted, the older brother Jimin knew and missed just as much as the others.  

It wasn’t until one day, Youngjae came over to tell him not to press any charges against Jiho. That it would be better to just let it go in order for them all to finally move on. So JYP took his words to heart and dismissed the whole case, and without the knowledge of the JYP kids, Jiho was sent to America, adopted by Nichkhun and his wife. 

JYP wanted to warn them, but he felt that maybe all Jiho needed was a more loving and close family in order to grow and get over what ever was haunting him, what ever was causing him to twist and turn into a monster none of them could recognize.

After the ordeal with Jiho was dealt with, JYP sought to unite his boys. He adopted Yugyeom, terminated his project group GOT7 (after a few scandals were destroying the group anyway), took some time off, and instead called the boys, and himself, the new GOT7.

It worked for a while, and everyone was able to get closer, and it really seemed as if the Jiho problem was behind them. However, somehow, they adopted a gang mentality as JYP got too busy to pay the now teenage boys the same amount of attention as before. Then, one day, Jaebum learns that not only is Jiho in his school, he’s also the student body president. 

It was as if a trigger was switched on that day and Jaebum snapped.

“Jaebum Hyung! Stop it!” Jinyoung grabs the older guy by the shoulder, and shakes him violently. Jaebum glares at him before shoving Jinyoung away and dashing for the last place he had saw Jiho earlier. Jinyoung sighs heavily, face burying into his arms. He had thought it would be over, that it was over, but it wasn’t. It had felt like the wound that had been made by Jiho was still fresh in all of their minds. 

Jaebum wasted no time in attacking Jiho the moment he saw him, saw him smiling and respected by his peers as if he weren’t the same monster who nearly destroyed them all before. “You sick !”

A few girls scream loudly the moment Jiho slams into the metal gate behind him, groaning in pain. He doesn’t know who hit him, and when he locks eyes with Jaebum, he’s visibly terrified. A blast from the past that he didn’t know how to confront. What could he say? What could he even do? 

“Jiho!” Kyung, Jiho’s best friend, rushes to his side, and a few other guys stand in front of Jaebum. He doesn’t look away from Jiho at all. “Are you okay?”

“I…I’m fine.” 

“Who the do you think you are, huh?” A guy around Jaebum’s height grabs him by the collar, forcing Jaebum to look him in the eyes instead. 

“You got some nerve attacking the president!” Another guy adds.

“Move out of my way you damn pest! This is between me, and him!” Jaebum rips the guys hands away and swings. He couldn’t take it, but his blind rage only ended with him being jumped by the rest of the student body, aka Block B. All the while, Jiho did nothing, he said nothing, and with a nudge from Kyung, left the scene as if nothing had happened. 

The whole event had left Jaebum with a sick feeling, but the others only smiled and patted him on the back. It was something they all probably would have done, and Youngjae realizes that maybe not pressing charges made the matter worse, and not better. 

After Jiho disappears for a week, it came to light that the same night Jaebum got jumped, Jiho got into a car accident on the way to Kyung’s house. The accident was so bad that he’d been sent back home for recovery in America, where he apparently got adopted. So GOT7 took it as a victory, and he’s been gone ever since. 

 

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////  

 

“What the hell is this ?” Jaebum growls, throwing a letter across the table, having it land at Jackson’s side. “We don’t need a ing tutor.”

“We don’t really have a choice,” Jinyoung sighs and looks around the kitchen table. Everyone sat with the same uneasy faces. After Jiho had betrayed them all, GOT7 never let outsiders get close to them. The only person who was friendly, was Jackson, but even he wasn’t going out of his way to befriend anyone, he was just doing it to pass time. 

“Yeah, I was told they would call JYP Hyung if we don’t do it.” Youngjae yawns. “It’s so damn annoying.”

“Exactly! Why don’t they just mind their own damn business. It’s not like our grades are that ty.” Bambam rolls his eyes.

“I don’t know, have you seen you and Jackson Hyung’s grades?” Yugyeom nudges his best friend playfully who threatens to hit him.  

“Anyway, we’ll deal with this problem like we usually do.” Jaebum interrupts the maknaes and their bickering over grades. 

“You want to ignore them?” Yugyeom questions and Jaebum shakes his head. 

“We’ll just scare them away.” Jaebum informs. “Everyone just needs to act a certain way, and then they will leave us alone like everyone else does.”

“Oh! We should pretend that Jaebum Hyung’s some scary leader!” Bambam adds, laughing.

“Yeah! Let’s like call him ‘hyung-nim’ and act a little scared around him.” Jackson joins in, laughing as well.

“You say that now Hyung, but you at being mean, and acting.” Youngjae judges with a shake of his head. Jackson pouts, though he did know he would be the first to probably befriend the tutor since he enjoyed talking to people. 

“This actually sounds like fun!” Jinyoung leans over the table toward the maknaes, wanting to join in as well. “What should I do?”

Everyone settles into thought, and Jaebum pulls him back in his seat, putting an arm around his shoulders. “Act like they’re Youngjae.” 

Jinyoung whips his head toward his Hyung, with wide eyes. After Jiho had left, the two had met with Youngjae to tell him that they weren’t going to act how they used to with him anymore. They had blamed themselves for what Jiho had done to him. It was there fault that Jiho knew how much they loved the younger, how special he was to them. If only they hide their feelings, then Youngjae would have not become his target. Of course Youngjae had not seen it that way, but JJ Project only walked away, serious looks on their faces. 

“Eh? What’s that suppose to mean?” Youngjae pouts, arms crossed and everyone breaks out into a laughing fit, except JJ Project. 

“I can’t wait to see what the person is like,” Bambam grins. “I wonder if it’ll be some hot chick.”

“Yah, Bam. We don’t need you impregnating them!” Jackson makes a face that Bambam ignores with a look of amusement.

“No fun.”

The next day, Jaebum is the first one approached by his homeroom teacher. He had informed the leader about his tutor, a foreign guy named Mark Tuan. The teacher quickly left after adding that they were to meet every Monday and that he was currently late for said meeting. That only further irked Jaebum. He had wanted to meet on equal terms before he found out how to get the upper hand on the guy, but, now he was late and the guy would most likely get on his nerves about it. 

Wait, wasn’t that how it was suppose to go?

“He was annoying as hell, right Hyung?” Bambam grabs a throw pillow from the couch, and Jaebum bites the inside of his mouth. 

Mark Tuan was not what Jaebum thought he would be like. He was nothing like Jiho. He never had anything nice to say, he was stubborn, and strong willed and stupid enough to want to -heads with him. He was like no one Jaebum had come across in life. Just where the hell did they find this guy? He couldn’t help but think.

“Wow, he must have been some character. Jaebum Hyung is speechless.” Jackson laughs and leans on Yugyeom, who chuckles.

“Maybe he isn’t too bad, if he was, Jaebum Hyung would be going off right now.” 

“Yeah, he even came home in a good mood,” Youngjae makes a perplexed face. “It’s giving me goosebumps.”

“Hyung, come on, tell us!” Jinyoung worries, shaking Jaebum a bit. “What was Mark Tuan like?”

Jaebum finally sighs, moving Jinyoung away from him so he can straighten himself in his seat. “He’s…nothing like Jiho.”

Everyone looks around at each other, looks of surprise all around. Jaebum then takes the time to continue talking. “He wasn’t scared of me at all, and he had a comeback for everything I said. It was weird. I was even staring him down…and he just stared back, like he was trying to stand up to me or something.” Jaebum chuckles a little. “I had to do everything in my power not to smile at him. He’s not a bad guy.”

“Wait, does that mean he didn’t try to befriend you?” Jinyoung questions and Jaebum nods.

“I don’t know how to explain it,” Jaebum thinks, and really he couldn’t quite place the feeling well. “It felt like he didn’t like me, but was being polite enough to get by. He didn’t seem interested in knowing me or anyone really. It also didn’t seem like he knew who I was prior to today.”

“Wow! How refreshing.” Bambam says happily. “Forget the hot chick, I like this guy better. You think he’s into younger guys?”

Yugyeom can only shake his head and knock his best friend over the head. “Yah, Bam, just because he’s like that doesn’t mean he can be trusted so easily.” Yugyeom sighs. “What should we do now Hyung?”

Jaebum looks over s, his brothers, and smiles. “We continue with the original plan.”

“What was that again?” Jackson scratches his head in confusion.

“We do everything we can to get this Mark Tuan away from us.” Jinyoung interjects before Jaebum can answer. “He may have been that way with Jaebum Hyung, but we don’t know if he will stay that way. We know nothing about this guy, and frankly, I don’t know if we can trust him.”

“I agree.” Yugyeom adds and Bambam gives his friend a side glance, reaching out to take his best friend’s hand into his. The habit never ending between the two.

“Once we all meet him, then we’ll really know what kind of person he is.”

“Maybe he won’t be that bad.” Youngjae says hopefully, and when Thursday rolls around, and Youngjae wakes to see the older boy. He knew he was right. Mark Tuan was different, maybe even special. 

It was then, staring down at his Hyung, when Youngjae realized that Mark Tuan was probably the one to help pull them out of the dark place Jiho forced them into. It was very clear that GOT7 needed him.

GOT7 needed Mark Tuan.   

 

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Updated! Well that took me a while. I really didn’t know how to end this chapter for some reason and it was basically 98% done for a while now, but anyway, it is done :D

Now we know the past and some of the present day stuff~ 

ENJOY! (More drama to come next chapter! We finally go back to the real problem at hand! Jiho’s arrival!)

Comments are love <3

Subscribe for more~

Upvote if you enjoy what you read 