School And Studio

Dancing Nerd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyx8pK659Aw

Jay Park - William Hung (Fresh A!r: Breathe !t)

 

The next day during lunch break, you were still trying to register all the moves you learned from the other dancers. *I can use the popping style I saw. It was kind of cool. Hmmm, what about the one where the other guy break dance? It was unexpectedly smooth. Nahhh, I can’t do break dancing moves so easily. It takes too much time to learn.* You waved your hand, indicating it was a no.

Kyuhyun and Donghae looked at you with eyebrows raised. Yonra came over with her tray of food to find a weird situation of the two guys staring at you intently.

‘Uh… guys?’ Yonra broke the atmosphere. You snapped out of your thoughts to see the two guys staring at you.

‘Can you guys not?’ You made a face.

‘You can’t blame us. You were being weirddddd.’ Donghae said, shoving some fried rice into his mouth.

‘Yeah. Like this.’ Kyuhyun imitated and mocked at your actions.

‘I wasn’t doing that!’ You defended, rolling your eyes. You went over to the queue to get your food. *Was I really doing that? If I did, that’s embarrassing.* You shook your head. You thoughts drifted back to dance. You then came up with a new move while queuing up and unconsciously executed it.

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, when you were swinging your left arm, your hand hit a rock hard chest. Yes, it was… wow, buff.

You turned around slowly to find out that you hit onto Kikwang’s chest. Your cheeks immediately heated up. You gave an apologetic yet awkward smile at him before facing in front, reminding yourself to not move or even glance back.

You heard B2ST talking, but you weren’t eavesdropping.

Okay, maybe you were but they were speaking so loudly.

You suspected they were talking about you but you weren’t sure. Maybe your ears were playing tricks with you.

----

School was a little busy for you since your mind was always thinking about dancing all thanks to the rash bet you made.

Hee Min kept sending you looks to show that she was going to win. When you were in a good mood, you bothered to react to her by rolling your eyes. When you were too tired or just not in a great mood, you would just ignore her.

And damn, it pissed her off so much and you knew it.

‘Hey, how’s the dance going? I hope you are not going to perform some chicken dance to the school.’ Hee Min said, earning laughs from people around since she raised her voice really loudly after the ‘hey.’

You closed your locker to come face to face to your rival. You rolled your eyes. You wanted to go home without any unnecessary disruptions. You wanted to take a nap before practicing for the upcoming competition.

You heard Hee Min throw a tantrum when you walked away without a word.

‘Yah, come back here. I’m not done.’ Hee Min stopped you. *When is she going to stop bugging me? It seems like she has to do this every day to be able to sleep at night.*

You stopped and turned, looking at Hee Min being back to her arrogant pose.

‘Why? Stopped to surrender and admit defeat?’ Hee Min smiled which was kind of creepy. To you, that is. *You were the one that told me to stop. Where’s the logic?* You rolled your eyes.

You walked towards her and whispered into her ear.

‘You should be the one watching out cause I’m going to kick your real hard.’

You stepped back slightly, executing some dance moves for her.

Hee Min, including the people around her, gasped. You smirked after ending with a cool pose. *That is only just a sneak peek. There’s more, just wait for them during the competition.*

‘I suggest you spend your time practising your dance rather than annoy me with your super duper y attitude because it seems like the tables have changed. Oh wait, the tables have all along been in my favour, it’s just that you didn’t know.’ You smirked again before turning around to exit from school. You heard whispers from the other students but you didn’t give a . *That will keep her quiet for the rest of the school term.* You smiled, skipping home.

----

It was Saturday and you headed towards the dance studio that Junhyung booked.

*Wow, this place is not bad.* You stepped into the studio. The floor was wooden and there were full length mirrors covering the entire front wall of the studio. There was also a radio set with speakers.

‘This place is nice, huh.’ You heard a deep voice. You quickly turned behind and greeted him. Junhyung smiled, walking towards the radio to place the CD.

‘So, shall we start?’ Junhyung asked, going into position. You nodded.

Junhyung started first by sharing some moves he got at the club. *Wow, he is really not bad. In fact, he is good at dancing.* You admired his moves.

You were diligently taking note of the dance moves when you noticed a set of moves that were familiar. *Isn’t that… my dance moves?* You thought, raising your eyebrows. How did Junhyung know?

‘Hey, those set of moves, where did you get it from?’ You asked, scrunching your face up.

‘Oh, I got it from a club nearby. I think it was Dane’s club.’ Your eyes widened at the name. *No wonder, I did those moves the previous time I went there.*

‘I tell you, that girl is so damn good. She has some cool . She has so many moves up her sleeves.’ Junhyung continued, thinking about the other night. You blushed slightly at the compliments. You haven’t heard such compliments sincerely since when people complimented you, you were not in your nerd identity so you didn’t know if they were just saying it to get close to you.

Junhyung noticed your blush and raised his eyebrows.

‘You okay?’ He asked, crouching to your height to see your cheeks. You quickly turned away and faked a cough.

‘So, I guess it’s my turn to show what I have got.’ You said, changing the subject.

'I'm anticipating them since I saw your moves yesterday near the lockers.' Junhyung gave you a small smirk. You looked at him. You hope that you wouldn't disappoint him.