Chapter 7

My 'BestFriend'

Jessica sitting in class resting her chin with hand. The teacher teaching in front not attract her to focus. She just impatiently waiting for the class end. Yuri who sit beside her can see Jessica daydreaming and will smile to herself. 

Of course Yuri now know about what happen at the theme park. On that night, Jessica knock her door and tell her the happy story.

Yuri remembered how happy Jessica telling her the story that night. Maybe the night was the happiest moment in Jessica life but for Yuri, that’s the moment where she learn the meaning of being defeat before fight. That night, her heart torn and broke into pieces.

Class end. The teacher walk out the class. Jessica quickly stand up to go to cafe before gather in library with the rest but saw Yuri still sit pensive. Tiffany follow the teacher maybe to staff room to ask about the subject.

“Yul?” Jessica touch Yuri shoulder make her back to reality.

“What are you thinking about?”

“Nothing.” Yuri just smile.

“Let’s go.”

“hurm????”

“To library of course.”

“But...”

“Don’t say you can’t. You already miss this maybe for a week. You need to study Yul. The test is next week i remind you in case you forgot.” Yuri silent. Still conside to go or not to.

“Yul, if you keep skip this, you’ll fail. You didn’t even study for last whole week.”

“What? Not going to your study group does mean I’m not studying!”

“Did you just raise your voice to me?” Yuri sigh.

“What happen to you? The group study is your idea. You said more people more fun. You ask them from Class A to study together but now??”

“can’t I just study alone?”

“Fine!”

Jessica grab her thing and walk out the class leave Yuri alone.

[I’m stupid.] – Yuri

 

At the cafe

Jessica just arrive see Yoona and TaeSun couple already there. Jessica take a sit beside Yoona.

“Where’s Yul?” Taeyeon ask. Jessica just shrugged.

“Why?” Yoona can smell something was not right between her love and her love’s bestfriend.

“Nothing.” Jessica smile to Yoona telling her not to worry.

“Yo! Soo, in da house.” Sooyoung just arrive with Tiffany make a rap style.

Sooyoung and Tiffany sit beside each other. Sooyoung then put some thick books she hold on the table. Taeyeon take a look at the book. She know, Sooyoung not the type who bring this much book and also not the type who carrying others book. Taeyeon can see the owner name on the book.

“Wow! Are we missing something?” Taeyeon said point to Sooyoung.

“What?”Sooyoung ask innocent.

“Tell us.” – Sunny

“How?” – Taeyeon

“When?” – Yoona

“Why?” – Jessica

“Yah! What’s about the ‘why’ question?” Sooyoung said. Tiffany just sit in silent and her cheek start redden.

“Well, I’m asking Tiffany actually. Why you.” Jessica answer with her poker face.

“Because I’m a charming lucky bastard.” Sooyoung answer with a smirk. The four just look at her unbelievable.

“Let’s grab our food honey.” Sooyoung purposely call Tiffany as honey and pull the latter hand softly. Tiffany just follow with her already red cheek and smile sheepishly.

“OMG.” Sunny exclaimed.

“They are the weirdest couple in school.” Taeyeon said. Jessica just look at the two in confuse.

“They are totally different.” – Taeyeon.

“The first and last place in exam. That’s mean the smartest kid in love with the dumbest kid in school.” – Taeyeon.

“One are really into football and sport but the other one knows nothing about sport.” – Sunny

“Shut up. You two are the weirdest couple i’ve ever met.” Yoona cut TaeSun.

“Wae?” – Taeyeon

“Because you two are exactly the same. That’s weird.” Jessica just chuckle.

“Excuse me?” The four friends turn to the voice.

“All of you is Yuri Unnie friends, right?” The girl ask. The four of them just nod.

“Can I know if any of you know where she is now?” The girl smile. The four of them just shake their head.

“Oh, thank you. If you see her can you tell her I’m looking for her?” The girl continue. The four of them one again just nod. The girl about to walk away but she turn back to the friends.

“btw, my name is Goo Hara.” The girl bow and walk.

“Goo Hara?” Taeyeon said.

“Are we missing something? Again?” she continue.

The four still dumbfound thinking about the junior girl looking for Yuri. Sooyoung just continue eating when her friend tell her about the Goo Hara girl.

“Just who is this girl?”

“Just let her be Taeng.”

They let the question hanging without answer and make a decision to continue their plan that afternoon to study.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Exam Day

 

Jessica sit at her place restless. The first paper will start in 5 minutes but Yuri still nowhere. The paper has been given.

“Yul, where are you?” Jessica mumble.

Jessica feel the regrets because she’s not waiting for Yuri this morning. They promise to come together but this morning Yoona come to pick her up.

“I should went to your house this morning.” Jessica mumble again.

“You can start.” The teacher voice heard.

The exam running about 15 minutes before they heard a running sound from the corridor.

After a few second Yuri bulging at the door panting.

“I’m sorry.... i’m late.” Still panting.

Yuri walk to sit at her place when the teacher just nod and ask her to sit.

“You’re late Kwon Yuri!” Jessica whisper to the girl beside her.

Yuri just ignore Jessica and start doing her exam sheet.

 

 

After the exam Yuri just go straight home without Jessica.

“Just what the hell is going with this girl?” Jessica grumble.

 

 

 

 

The week after the exam result is coming out. Jessica can feel Yuri always distance herself. Yuri keep avoid to everything the group activity. and now, Yuri just sit in silent. It’s really hard to hear her voice now. she only speak the important thing.

“Yul, the result will out today.” Jessica said excitedly to avoid the awkwardness between them. Yuri just nod.

“Sica? Let’s go. The result already out.” Yoona said from the class door.

“Let’s go Yul.” Jessica go to her lover leave Yuri behind.

When they arrive the other 4 girl already there. The result is pasted to the wall in the big paper size.

“How?” Yoona ask Sooyoung.

“We did not see  it yet.”

“Guys, let’s us check from bottom for Sooyoung.” Taeyeon tease.

“Yah! I’m at least in top 10.” Sooyoung said proud.

“You wish.” – Sunny.

The 6 check their result.

“As usual, my girl is first.” Sooyoung said as she point at Tiffany name.

“My girl is second.” Yoona said.

“Yoong, youre 15th.” Taeyeon said.

“I’m 54th and Taeyeon 50th.” Sunny said who from start checking the name from bottom.

“And the most weird now is I don’t see Sooyoung name yet.” She continue.

The other 5 look at Sunny amazing.

“What?” Sunny exclaimed. All of them look at Sunny curious but Sooyoung just laugh.

“I’m 45th!” Sooyoung said.

“What?” The other said unison. They all check the result paper.

“baby, you’re smart.” Tiffany said.

“Of course I am.” Sooyoung still with her proud face.

“I’ve defeat this two midget.”

The 6 friend walk together to class give the space to other student to check their result. They still amazed with Sooyoung result. From 105th, the last place now Sooyoung in 45th. Even Sooyoung brag about that more than she should especially to Taesun, they still congrats the taller girl and still amazed.

“Guys, do you see Yul name?” Jessica suddenly ask.

The other just remember they don’t see Yuri name. They don’t even look at her name.

“Let’s ask her.” Sooyoung said and they walk to Class B together. As they arrive, Yuri is not at her place.

 

 

 

 

As Yuri arrive to see her result, she can hear Sooyoung announce she in 45th place. Yuri just see the 6 of her friend walk away happily. Yuri walk nervously to the board.

“Hey, Yul. See the result yet?” One of her swimming member said as she pass her. Yuri shake her head.

“Congrats.” The girl shake her hand and walk with a smile.

Yuri left dumbfound.

Yuri take a deep breath. She check her name from bottom.

‘105 . Park Hanna’

‘104, 103.................................................................90’ There’s no her name.

Yuri check it until number 60 still not find her name. She smile.

Until,

‘54 . Lee Sun Kyu..............50. Kim Taeyeon.’

’45. Choi Sooyoung.’

Yuri become more nervous.

[Am I mistaken? There’s not yet my name] – Yuri

‘what?????’ Yuri froze at her place.

Yuri can see her name. She repeat to read her name.

“it’s really me.” Shee mumble

“It’s really my name!”She exclaimed make student beside her look at her in confuse.

“Yooo hooo!” She jump excited.

Yuri run to her class.

“Sica!” She call when she arrive at the door.

Jessica who sit with the other 5 at her place look at Yuri.

All of them look at Yuri in curious. Yuri walk to them with a smile plastered in her face.

[all of them already know. They must be shock right?] – Yuri

“So, what is your number Yul?” Sooyoung ask eager to know.”

“What?” Yuri ask back. She though they already know. They must checked her name before especially Jessica who since the morning in class eager to know her result.

“Didn’t you all checked it?” Yuri ask.

“It’s...... we forgot. Btw, it’s your fault, why don’t you join us just now?” Sooyoung said.

Yuri look at Jessica who now look at her curious but after a few second the girl look down. Yuri sigh and walk out the class. She’s disappointed. Not because all of them don’t know her result but Jessica also don’t know. All the time before, even Jessica know Yuri always in 100++ place, she still checked it from top to the bottom.

“Yah, Yul! Where are you going?” Tiffany call.

“Let her.” Jessica said made Tiffany stop her step to after Yuri.

“What’s wrong with that girl?” Taeyeon said.

They continue their chatting back without Yuri but Jessica sit in silent. She know Yuri mad at her. She always wait for Yuri but today she’s not.

 

Flashback.

Jessica look at Yuri who just sit lazily at her place.

“Let’s go Yul, the result already out.”

“I’m not interested Sica. I’m already know if not 103, i’m maybe 104.”

“Yah! Let’s go!” Jessica pull Yuri hand.

“No!!” Yuri stand and walk follow Jessica lazily.

“Look Yul, I’m third.” Jessica said.

“because you my smartest friend.” Yuri smile and patted Jessica head make the shorter girl pout because Yuri mess her hair.

Jessica still find Yuri name from the top.

“Stop it, start from bottom.” Yuri said as she already see her name in 104. Jessica shake her head.

“We never knew. Maybe you make it this time.” Yuri just smile to see the girl.

“ha! This is your name.” Jessica said.

“and it number............ 104??” Yuri chuckle see Jessica red face.

“Yah how could you laugh? You’re second last!”

“at least I’m not last.”

“how come you really calm about this?”

“Calm down Sica. Okay, i’ll be in half top on the next test okay?” Yuri said.

“Promise?” Jessica take out her small finger to make a promise but Yuri just do ‘merong’ in reply.

“Yah, Kwon Yul! This is your future. Let’s study together after class.”

“No!!” Yuri answer in horror and run away.

“Yah! You must study. Yah! Wait!” Jessica run after Yuri.

End of flashback.

 

“Sica?” Jessica snap back to present.

“Why?” Yoona ask her lover. From Yuri come before Jessica being silent.

“I’m going to check Yul result.” Jessica walk out the class.

“I follow.” Yoona go after Jessica.

As they arrive, there are many student at the board.

“What happen?” Yoona ask the girl pass them.

“Some one tore the senior class result.” She answer.

“Some of them said, they see who tore it.” One of her friend continue.

Yoona and Jessica can see the result. Only the first until 20 are still there. The rest has been ripped.

“Who did this?” Jessica mumble.

“They said, they saw the Swimming club Captain did it.” The girl said.

“Swimming club Captain?” Yoona and Jessica said unison and look at each other.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

fuh............ ^_^

Sorry for Yuri missbehave. she maybe in her mental breakdown period. kekekekeke