Chapter 12

My 'BestFriend'

After the selection, Boa, Hyoyeon and Yuri sit together to make a choice.

“I like that hat girl.” Boa said.

“She’s a little shy but good.” Hyoyeon continue.

“How about you Yul?”

“Huh?”

“Yul????” the two look at her with ‘really?’ face.

“Oh yeah. She’s good.”

After half an hour they got their list.

“Here. Just about 9.”

“It seems easy.” Hyoyeon said.

“Yeah. It’s easier than last year. Last year was really a mess.” Boa said.

The two just chuckle.

“It’s because of you two you know? We had to make until third selection.”

“What we do? We just to hot to handle.” Yuri said.

“Shut up!”

They laugh.

“Luckily you make some of them run away after receive a hard task from you.”

“And because you are fierce  than tiger.” Hyoyeon continue Yuri word.

“But seriously. I can’t take it anymore if this year will be like last.” Boa said

 

 

“So, here 9 person. The others, they really can’t dance.”

They laugh again.

“So now, we have about 49 in the club.”

“But we just need about 18 for the competition.”

“18? So many?” Hyoyeon and Yuri ask. Boa just nod.

“18 including us?” Yuri ask.

“Nope. 18 including you two.”

“How about you Sunbae?”

“I’m the manager. And, I have work for two of you.”

“What?”

“For Hyo, I need you to ask Nicole Jung the librarian to join us.”

“What??? Ni... Nicole?” Hyoyeon ask to her Sunbae and Boa just nod to comfirm.

“Talk to her, pursue her until she agree to join us.” -Boa

“Why me?”

“Do you want me to do it?” Yuri tease.

“keep dreaming.” - Hyoyeon

 

 

“And Yul, I heard the swimming club are short in swimmer for their tournament next 2 weeks because one of them injure while practice and the reserve one can’t play on that day.”

“You’re not going to ask me doing that, Sunbae.” Yuri said.

“I plead you. We need Minzy from that club.”

“No!”

“You’re a swimmer Yul.”

“Not anymore.”

“Yul..........” Boa look at her junior, hoping Yuri will agree.

“I don’t want to. Ask someone else.” Yuri walk leaving Boa and Hyo.

“I just have you two.” Boa said make Yuri step to stop.

 

Yuri turn and sigh.

“I’ll do anything but this. I don’t swim anymore.”

“Yuri. Kwon Yuri!” Boa sigh in defeated. She know this will happen.

 

“Yah!” Hyoyeon run after Yuri.

“Yah! Kwon! Wait up.” Hyoyeon try to pace up with Yuri.

 

“What happen really?” Hyoyeon ask.

“Nothing. I just don’t swim. Never!”

 

Hyoyeon stand still. How can this talented swimmer can say no now?

 

 

A year before

 

Yuri in her first year. She got the fame to all campus through swimming. She is the best among them. Everyone in campus knows Kwon Yuri. State Champion in high school. As a new member, Kwon Yuri was the first, first year student who enter the tournament in solo category after just 3 month of training in college.

Yuri representative in 800m free style. The first choice of the tournament and she is in the highlight. But 3 days before the championship, there’s rumour saying Kwon Yuri wanted to pull away from the competition and she gone missing.

Yuri only came on the race day and also late. Just 30 minutes before her event. This almost got her disqualified from the race.

At the end, Kwon Yuri, the first choice of everyone who gets the entire highlight get the fourth place.

No one knows what really happen behind that but after the championship, Kwon Yuri officially pull away from the swimming club, any swimming activities and never swim again.

Of course, she made a bad impression to some of her fangirl but still, so many of them keep following her as usual. Also a rumour why she stop swimming keeps spreading. Many stories being heard, Yuri get afraid of water, she get nervous and can’t control herself, she just a spoil brat that been given unnecessary attention, she’s not that good, she’s sick and many more.

Close friends beside Yuri also have no idea why the girl suddenly stop swimming. The sport that she love so much.

End of Flashback

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hyoyeon

 

Hyoyeon take a step to the library. Her saliva dried. She taking a heavy step. Her heart beat fast. Across her there a 4 girl sit together looking at her.

“Isn’t that Hyoyeon?” Yoona ask her friend. There are Yoona, Taeyeon, Tiffany and Jessica.

“What is she doing here?”

“Hyo?” Tiffany whisper a little loud.

Hyoyeon look at the voice calling for her. She smile awkwardly and walk to the friends and sit at their table.

“hey, guys.”

 

“What are you doing Hyo? You’re not a library face.”  - Taeyeon

“Shut up.” Hyoyeon reply lazy.

“Where’s Yul?” Jessica ask the girl.

“I don’t know. Maybe she needs a time alone.” Hyoyeon answer without looking at the questioner and her eyes fixed to the librarian with a glasses across her.

“Alone? What do you mean?”

“Boa Unnie just ask her to join the swimmer but she suddenly exploded and walk away.”

“Swimmer? For what?”

“For a competition in two weeks.”

 

 

Hyoyeon still focus on the short hair girl. The girl walk pass them.

“Excuse me?” Hyoyeon quickly stand up and go to the girl.

“Ne? Me?” The glasses girl turn to Hyoyeon.

“Can...... can we talk?”

 

The 4 girls just look at Hyoyeon in strange.

 

The girl nod and Hyoyeon just walk beside the girl to go out from the library.

“Yes?”

“Ummmmm.. I’m Kim Hyoyeon.” Hyoyeon said awkward.

 

 

Meanwhile in the library.

“Yah! What happen to Hyo?”

“Don’t know.” Tiffany answer Taeyeon and focus back to the book she’s reading.

Taeyeon just sigh looking at her friend just ignore what just happen. Tiffany immersed back in her book. Yoona also busy solve the economic subject problem. Jessica seems dreamy. Taeyeon just look back at her book, bored.

 

 

“I know. What can I help you?”

“Huh?? You..... know.. mee?”

“Of course. Who doesn’t know Kim Hyoyeon?”

“Oh. Hehehehe..” Hyoyeon scratch her un-itchy  head. her face as red as tomato now.

“I’m waiting?”

“Oh. I have a favour to ask.”

 

“I’m waiting.”

“Can you join our Dance Team?”

“Ne? Sorry? I think you got a wrong person?”

“No. No. You’re Nicole Jung so, I’m not wrong.”

“Sorry, I’m so busy right now.” Nicole walk away but Hyoyeon follow beside her.

 

“Please~~”

“I don’t know where you get the idea but I really don’t know how to dance.”

“But Boa Unnie say you can dance.”

“Boa? Boa Sunbae-nim?” Nicole stop her step.

Hyoyeon just nod.