Chapter 16 - Its hurt

My 'BestFriend'

Yoona’s Apartment

 

(Wait3x.. before I write futher, did I ever mention Yoona live alone coz her parent in Japan for business? No? well……. now you know.. keke^^)

 

Yoona sitting on the sofa eating a cereal and watching movie. Her phone ring. Yoona look at the caller and sigh. She put the bowl on the table, pause the movie and lazily answer the call.

 

“What?”

“You just what me?”

“Aishhhh… Omma, what is it? If you want to talk about that, seriously I don’t want to.”

“Yoona! You the only heir. Come back home.”

“What home? I’m in my home now.”

 

“Yoona please, listen to me.”

“Omma, please listen to me.”

 

“Appa need you here. If you don’t coming home soon, everything will go to your other grandfather son.”

“Why so long? He’s my uncle.”

 

“He’s illegitimate child.”

 

“but still, he’s grandfather son so it makes him appa dongseng, my uncle and your in-law.”

 

“Yoona!!! Stop it!” her mother raise her voice.

“Omma stop it.” Yoona reply weak.

 

“omma, I don’t really care about the company. Omma, you’ll get the royalty from the company more than enough so just let uncle take care of it. Even now he take care of it. I don’t see any problem with his leading the company”

“Yoona, your father is very ill now. Comeback.” She plead.

 

Yoona let out a heavy sigh.

 

“Omma, I need to go.” Yoona cut the line and throw the phone beside her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meantime at the Dance Studio

 

“Alright everyone. Come here.” Boa said make everyone stop practicing and gather in front of her. She can see Team 3 just have 3 person without Yuri. She sigh slow.

 

“Okay now, I hope everyone have complete their routine right?” She smile.

“Team 3 not enough people. Its been 2 days.” Someone said

 

“She’s better not coming back.” Minzy said it slow but enough to Soehyun and Hyuna who sit beside her hear that. Also Hyoyeon who sit in front of her heard that.

 

“I heard that!” Hyoyeon turn and give a death glare to Minzy.

“Stop that you two.” Soehyun stop them.

 

“Everyone, this is Amber. Start today, she will join Team 3.”

 

“Hi, I’m Amber. Let us work together.” Amber give a short intro.

 

 

She got to know everyone and they continue the practice as usual.

 

Team 3

 

“I never see you?” Hyuna said.

“Oh, I’m a new transfer student. I just transfer here about 8 days?”

“Lets not wasting any time anymore. We need to improve and chase the other team. Everyone almost perfect their routine.” Minzy said.

 

“Okay.” Amber reply.

 

They teach Amber the routine and Hyuna keep flirting. Minzy serious. Soehyun unhappy with the sudden change but still try to focus and hide her feeling.

 

“ Soehyun?”

“Huh??”

“You seems distract today. Are you okay?” Minzy ask.

“Oh, yeah. I’m fine. Just a little tired…..maybe.” Soehyun reply slow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The practice finish a little early. Soehyun quickly go to the place where Yuri always be.

 

“Unnie.” She said and sit beside Yuri.

“Hmmmmm?” Yuri focus on reading.

“ahhhhh.. Unnie?? I though you study.” Soehyun said disbelieve.

 

“What?”

Soehyun pull the book in Yuri hand. The outside is the subject book but in the inside she put a comic. Soehyun pull out the comic and look at Yuri with “What is this?” face.

 

“Hehehhehehe……”

“What hehehehe…?” Soehyun ask.

 

“How about… we have dinner together? Lets go!!!” Yuri pull Soehyun hand.

“Unnie, you just change the topic.”

“Because Im master in it.” Yuri stop and said in serious face

 

Soehyun just chuckle.

 

“What do you want to eat?”

“Anything.”

 

“Give me an idea. You just follow me every time. Now say what you want.”

“What about hamburger today?”

 

“No way!! That’s unhealthy……………………………………(Yuri look at Soehyun sharp) ……………………………………………………………………………... Lets just eat ramen at the shop infront.” Yuri purposely said it in her arrogant voice and tone.

 

“Phhuuuaa hahahahahaha .” Soehyun burst out laughing.

“Why are you laughing? Ramen is the healthiest food in this universe.” Still with her tone.

 

“Alright2x. Lets us have the “healthiest food in universe””. Soehyun said sarcastically and still chuckle.

 

Soehyun take a glance to Yuri beside her. She still smiling. She love this side of Yuri.  Always playing around but still she knows Yuri always keep her feeling deep inside her. Soehyun love that part of Yuri too although sometime she feel sad and frustrated because Yuri never ever let anyone to look into it. Its also make Soehyun want to always be beside this Sunbae of hers.

 

[will you never open up? Even if its me? Do you know how deep Im falling for you? Do you know its hurting me to see you smiling in your hard time? What is it that you lock it up in your heart? I want to take a peek. Want to even once, be the one who understand you. Can’t you let me?] – Soehyun

 

 

“Hyunnie??” Yuri wave her hand infront Soehyun face.

“I ask you what do you want? I want a spicy seafood cheese ramen.” Yuri said excited.

 

“That sooooooooo healthy.” Soehyun reply.

“Awwwwww come on. Let you taste it to? Its delicious. You’ll like it.”

 

“I’ll pass. I just have a simple chicken ramen.”

“Okay. Anything you like.” Yuri still excited.

 

“Unnie, do you know Boa Sunbae bring someone called Amber to replace you today?”

“Yep. I’m the one introduce Amber to Boa unnie.”

 

Soehyun want to ask so many question but she just keep silent as she knows Yuri never answer that.

 

 

As Soehyun eating her ramen. Yuri look at the girl. She smile. She like it to be with the girl. She feel comfort. Soehyun never ask something she don’t want to answer. The girl always just stand by her side quietly.

 

She remember lask week when she bring Soehyun to the roof of campus building. The latter just reminisce the night view and didn’t ask any question or more accurate she doesn’t even said anything before Yuri. The only word she said is “beautiful” as she look the scene. They stand there almost half an hour before Yuri broke the silent because shes hungry and they have a late night snack before they go home.

 

 

 “Thanks.”

“Huh?”

“Nothing.”

“Unnie, you like to said something so suddenly.”

 

 

“so, how’s Amber? Good dancer?”

“yep.”

“yep? No comment? Anything? Did you see her dance? ”

 

Soehyun just nod. She don’t know how to answer that because she doesn’t even care to even take a glance much more to have looking at her dance.

 

 

“what’s wrong?”

“yeah… she’s good. But you’re better.” Soehyun said and smile hoping Yuri change the subject quickly.

 

“Hyunnie-yah… don’t worry. I’m fine.” Yuri said soft.

“Unnie, you…”

 

“Yo! What are you two doing here?” Someone cut Soehyun.

 

Yuri turn to look at the familiar voice. She see Sooyoung with Tiffany, Jessica and Sunny walk in the shop. They don’t wait for Yuri to call them. They just sit at the table and start ordering the food.

 

 

“Where’s Taeng and Yoong?”

“Yoona said she went to her grandmother’s, and Taeyeon….”

“My baby need to stay. She have a group discussion for tomorrow presentation… argghhhhh im soooo boring.” Sunny cut Sooyoung answer with her cute voice.

 

“Luckily I have Jessica here. All for me.” Sunny continue and give a wink. Still with the cute voice.

 

“Luckily I can still control my hand from giving you a smack.” Sooyoung reply annoyingly.

“What? Wae???” Sunny reply with her more cute voice.

 

Sooyoung  raise her hand to give a smack to Sunny head. (p/s they just playing)

 

“Sica help me.” Sunny hide behind Jessica.

 

The other just look and laugh. Sooyoung and Sunny also laughing.

 

The dinner with Sooyoung and Sunny never be quiet dinner. NEVER!

 

Once in a while, Soehyun take a glance to Yuri. Yuri look quiet start from her friend come but Soehyun can see how Yuri look at Jessica. Yuri eyes tell her everythings.

At first Soehyun deny what she see but after several time she know. She knows it exactly the meaning of the look because she always give that look to Yuri.

 

[So, she is the one?] - Soehyun

 

 

 

After the dinner they go home. Sooyoung and Sunny take a lift on Tiffany car. As Sooyoung and Sunny house are near and one way with Tiffany.

 

Yuri and Soehyun wait for Jessica who in the toilet. They will take a bus.

 

“Hyunnie-yah..” Yuri scratching her head. Feeling awry.

“What is it unnie?”

 

“I think I cant send you home tonight.” Yuri said slow.

 

Soehyun keep silent. she can guess that from the start but still she wait Yuri to tell her.

 

“Jessica here. She never go home alone so I’m worry about her.” Yuri continue still slow but clear to Soehyun ear.

 

Soehyun can feel like something hit her hard right on her chest. She feel disappointed but she quickly hid it.

 

“Its okay.” She fake a smile.

“Im sorry.”

 

“No. It’s okay.”

 

“Lets go.” Jessica just get out from the toilet said clueless.

 

“Ah, I better go now.”

“Soehyun? Where are you going?” Jessica ask.

 

“We’re heading opposite. I’ll wait the bus on opposite road.”

“You’re going home alone?” Soehyun nod to Jessica question. Yuri looking away feeling guilty.

 

“Sorry can’t send you.” Yuri said.

“No It’s okay unnie. I’ve used to it.”

 

Soehyun just walk not looking back. Her bus arrive before her. She run a little to reach the bus.

 

 

“Lets go.” Jessica said. Yuri just nod.

 

Yuri just silent a long the way. Jessica already fall asleep after she see no sign of conversation from Yuri.

 

Yuri take a glance to the sleeping girl beside her.

 

[I love you] – Yuri

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back to soehyun in the bus

 

Soehyun enter the bus and take a sit almost at the back. Shes not turning her head back. She don’t know why but her heartache. She can saw how Yuri look at Jessica. Yuri never look at her like that.

 

[So, its her right? That’s why im here alone in this bus.] – Soehyun

 

Soehyun hold her chest. Its burning. She feel her chest can explode any time from now. Her ears feel hot, her eyes hurt. she hold it in until she arrive her destination. Soehyun quickly jump down from the bus and walk fast to the small children playground near her house.

 

Her tears drop. She sit at the swing. Tears fall again.

 

[Why am I like this? She just send her best friend home. They live beside each other She don’t have to come here and then take another bus to go home. I don’t like to bother her to send me home but why?? Why it’s hurting?? Am I to selfish coz I want her just for me?] - Soehyun