Chapter 17

My 'BestFriend'

Yoona walk to Jessica class. As she arrive Jessica just finish the class.

 

“Hey beauty. Lunch?” Yoona said and hug the girl from her back.

Jessica just nod furiously.

 

 

“I miss you.” She tell with a pout.

Yoona just smile and kiss the girl cheek.

 

“yah.. this is public area.” Jessica said with her cheek already red as tomato.

 

“I miss you too baby. “

“It just 3 days but its feel forever.” Jessica still pout.

Yoona just chuckle.

 

 

The 2 love bird have their lunch outside the campus. They don’t have any evening class, Yoona skip her club and Jessica never be in club.

 

 

They have the lunch at some café near the campus. Yoona keep looking at Jessica.

 

“Why??” Jessica ask. Her cheek turning red.

“Nothing” Yoona smile. Still stare at Jessica.

 

“Stop it.”

“Why??”

 

“Aishh… eat your meal.” Jessica spoon the fried rice and feed yoona. Yoona just happily receive it.

 

Jessica chuckle.

“My Yoongie to childish.” She chuckle.

“Just with you.” Yoona give a meaningful smile.

 

“Anngg.. more..” she ask more when Jessica back eating her own food.

“Aishhhh.. Araso.. one for you (feeding Yoona)………. N one for me (feed her self).”

 

[Will I be forever happy with you like this?] – Yoona

 

After lunch, Yoona bring Jessica to walk at the park. They walk side by side. Yoona tightly hold Jessica hand.

 

Yoona pull Jessica hand near her lips. She kiss it. They smile.

 

“I love you.” She said.

“Its 15 times including this today.”

 

“I tell you 100 or 1000 or even million times a day, so you know.”

Jessica hold her step. She look at Yoona. She cupped Yoona face.

 

“I know. I will never tired of you telling me that you love me even a million times a day, because I want you also know that I love you too. Forever.”

 

They look into each other eyes. Their face come to close each other.

 

Closer.

 

Closer.

 

Closer.

 

 

Jessica close her eyes. She know this is public area but still……….. she want it.

Closer………

 

 

‘HONK!!!!!!!’

 

Both shock and pull out their face. They look at the noise.

 

“Look where you go!!!” A man in a car shout to a younger man walking on the road.

The walking man just nod and hold up his hand as an apologise to the driver.

 

 

“” Yoona said.

“What?”

 

“Nothing”

Jessica face turn red again remember how she want the kiss. She bit her lips.

 

“Let us continue in my house.” Yoona tease.

“Yah??!”

“Hahahahaha..” Yoona dodge Jessica hand that want to hit her shoulder and she run away from the girl still laughing.

 

“Yah!! How dare you! Come here.” Jessica run after her girlfriend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Soehyun walk alone to the café. She keeps looking around worry to meet Yuri. She not ready yet. No, not today. She need to calm down first. She need to sort out her feeling first.

 

“Hyunnie!!” a voice call her.

“Oh, !” Soehyun sigh slow close her eyes to comfort her self.

 

She turn around with a smile.

[! This is the fakest smile I’ve ever give.] – Soehyun

 

The girl calling for her already stand in front of her now.  Soehyun still with the smile looking at the person. Waiting her to start talking first.

…..

…..

…..

……

Awkward.

 

“Unnie?” Smile on her face fade looking at the girl in front of her turn serious.

 

“Sorry?”

“For what?”

 

“Let me take you dinner tonight? Where? BBQ? Hamburger? Ramen? Western? Sushi? Anything.”

“What?”

“Oh, I know! Lets have sashimi! How?”

 

“Unnie, I’m late for class. Bye.” Soehyun turn back to walk away.

 

[That’s a very good reason.] – Soehyun sarcastically mad at herself

 

Before she could take a step she feel her hand being pull. The person turn her back to look at the person.

“Hyunnie-yah, sorry? A sulky Soehyun not really cute.”

Soehyun still keep quite.

 

“Okay. I don’t want to come to your competition next 2 week.”

“Unnie??”

 

“Hahahahaha…. Now you look at me.”

 

Soehyun pout.

 

[Stop pouting Soe Johyun! You don’t even pout with your mother! Do you think you look cute?] – Soehyun once more curse herself.

 

“Omomomomomo… My little sister here soooooooooooooooo cute.” Yuri pinch Soehyun cheek.

 

“Aaaahhh.. Unnie, its hurt.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A Week before swimming competition.

Yuri POV

I sit alone at the bench waiting Soehyun change. I know the swimming club member amazed with Soehyun. Even I am amazed.

 

We walk together. No class for today.(weekend) Just less than half student still come to campus. Some of them to library, some have some club or even just hanging around like I did now. -_-  "hanging around" XD

 

“You don’t have dance practice today right?” Soehyun nod.

 

“Library?” I ask. Soehyun nod again.

“Lets go some where else.” I give suggestion. Library is not my type.

 

“Unnie, I have a ton of homework to do. Please spare me.”

 

“Alright.” I just give up and follow her.

She look at me with question an unbelievable face. “Youre gonna follow me?” She ask.

 

“Why not?”

“You’re not a library face.” Soehyun chuckle with her sentence.

 

I smile.

 

When we enter the library, there’s a couple of eyes looking at us curiously.

[Stop looking I scrape all your eyes!] – Yuri

Luckily its weekend so not many people are there. I walk infront and choose an almost isolated table.

Student don’t really sit here huh? Maybe coz its far from the bookshelf?

 

I can see Soehyun force face. Why? You don’t like this table? I look at her.

 

“Unnie, I never sit here.” She whisper.

“Why?”

 

Silent…

 

“Ah, people like me like to sit here?”

“Unnie???”

 

Yuri laugh.

“Shhhh…” Soehyun put her point finger to my mouth. She also holding up her laugh.

“Unnie, I didn’t mean it like that.”

 

“Don’t worry, im really an open minded person.”

“Unnie your voice to loud.” Soehyun whisper again.

 

“ahh?? Ohh.. okay2” I didn’t mean that. I not even know that my voice that loud. I make an okay sign to her.

“Sorry.” I said.

 

Soehyun start her work. She already take about 4 references book. She so focus on her work. I just sit quietly. Looking at her working.

 

[I should bring my comic.. -_-] – Yuri

 

Ahhhhhh… I take my phone out and start scrolling my MangareaderApp.

 

[Forgot about this. Now I can survive even Soehyun sit hours here. >.<] – Yuri

 

“Unnie, Do you swim before?”Soehyun suddenly ask.

“Everyone in Korea are swimming.” I chuckle.

 

“Why do you stop?”

I keep my silent with Soehyun question. I can see how curious the girl eyes.

“Why?” i ask her.

 

Her face turn as she feel guilty about the question.

 

“Yep. I even a captain of my team in highschool but I already stop now. Maybe I don’t want to do it anymore” I answer it with a smile to make her comfortable.

 

“So Unnie, do you think we can win?”

“No.”

“What?”

I laugh.

“Unnie!!!”

Soehyun also chuckle.

“You’re bad.” She said.

 

 

“Shhhhhhhhh…” A librarian look at us.

I hold up my hand as Sorry.

 

Soehyun start clean the table. She take the reference book and put it on the return rack near the librarian counter. I just follow her get out from the library.

 

“Ahhhhhhhh… fresh air.”

“Lets play?”

“Where?”

 

I pull her hand to follow me.

“This??”

“yep. Lets go.” I bring her to the arcade.

 

“What do you want to play first?” Soehyun just shake her head for my question.

“Lets play basketball.” I change the token and pull her to the basketball machine.

 

“Unnie, wait.”

“Take the ball.” I don’t wait for her. Just enter the token and play.

 

She clumsily take the ball and throw it.

The game end.

 

“Unnie, our ball keep hitting each other.”

“Because we keep missing the beat and throw at the same time. We don’t even pass the first stage.”

 

“Unnie, one more time.”

“Okay.” I put the token.

 

“This time you throw first then me.”

 

I just chuckle.

 

258…

 

“Ahhhh.. we almost hit the high score.”

 

I just laugh. The high score is 266. Soehyun look at the machine beside her.

 

“Unnie, we should play her just now. The high score just 250.” She said and point to the machine beside the one they play.

 

“Want to play again?”

“nope. Another.” She said.

 

“Wow, you fall in love to this place exceptionally fast.”

“It’s your fault. You bring me here.”

 

“Lets race.”

“What? Car?”

 

“Nope. Bycicle.”

“What?”

 

I show her the bicycle machine. She laugh hard.

 

“I don’t even know this exist.”

“Of coz. Everything exist in arcade.”

 

We play so much. Race car, shooting game, almost everything in the arcade.

 

“Oh, Unnie look. Keroro.” Soehyun point at the doll inside the vending machine.

“Want it?” she just shake her head.

 

“Why? Come lets give it a try.”

 

She tried it. After third times she surrender.

 

“This thing keep taking our money without giving us any.”

I just chuckle.

“Let just one more.” I said.

“No, no. its okay. I give up.”

 

I just enter the money and play it. Soehyun just stand and wait for me. Fail.

 

“See. This machine cheat.”

“Hahahahaha…”

 

“Unnie let go. Its late.”

“Okay.”

 

“I need to go to the  toilet.”

“Okay. I’ll wait here.”

 

 

 

As Soehyun walk to the toilet I enter the arcade back, change my money and go to vending machine.

 

After the fourth try I get the doll.

“Yes!!!!” I almost scream.

 

I walk out the arcade. Soehyun already there waiting. I hide the doll behind me.

 

“Unnie, where are you going?”

“Tada.” I show her the doll.

 

“Kyaaa!!!!!” She took it and hug the doll.

“Thank you.” She exclaimed.

“Wait…..

 

“Just don’t worry okay? Lets eat.” I cut her before she nag me.

 

 

I send her home after dinner. By bus of course.

 

“Unnie, we very late.”

 

We arrive Soehyun house. Before Soehyun open the door someone open it from inside.

 

“Omma.”

“Youre late.”

 

 

 

“Ah, hello aunty, I’m Kwon Yuri.” I introduce myself. Her mother look fierce. She just nod.

“Sorry because its already late. Next time I send her early like always.” I smile.

 

“So, you’re Kwon Yuri?” I nod.

“Thanks for sending my little princess home. she might get lost if shes alone.”

“Omma?” Soehyun look at her mother disbelieve.

 

“heehehe.. its nothing. Its my job coz I keep dragging her to accompany me.”

“I always on business trip or late being home, you can even have a night here if im not here.” Her mother said.

 

Soehyun already red as tomato. I just smile.

 

[She just have a fierce apparent. So friendly actually.]

 

 

“Come in. have a cup of coffe before you go.”

 

“Thank you aunty but I myself really late too.”

“Ah, you should sleep over.”

 

“Omma stop it.” Soehyun whisper to her mum but I can hear it.

 

“Thank aunty. Maybe next time.”

I bow and said good bye before going home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yuri, where are you going? You know how many times I called you?” My mom ask me when I enter the house.

“Mianhe omma. My phone battery dead.” I said with a guilty smile while I scrathing my unitchy head.

 

“You really make me worried.” Omma said following me upstairs to my room.

“I’m okay. Just hang out with a friend and have dinner.”

“Special friend?”

 

 

“No. It’s not special. It’s just a close hoobae.” I said when i enter my room.

“I hope i can meet her soon.” Omma said with a meaning smile and wink at me.

I just chuckle.

 

 

“You must be tired. Before you go to sleep don’t forget to call that hoobae telling her youve arrived okay?”

I smile and nod.

“Araso. Araso.” I said.

Omma just chuckle and close the door.

 

End of POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Soehyun walk out the swimming training building alone. Sighing.

 

“Why are you sigh?”

“huh?” Soehyun turn to the voice.

“Unnie?”

Yuri smile and walk to Soehyun side.

They walk to bus stop together.

While they waiting for the bus, Soehyun keep steal a glace to Yuri.

“How about the dance routine? You remember it?” Yuri ask.

 

“Ah?? Yeah. I’ll master it. Just need some times.” Soehyun answer startled. Yuri chuckle.

“What is it?” Yuri ask.

“What, what?”

“The thing you want to ask.”

 

 

“De?”

Yuri smile a little.

 

“I’m sure you hear about me in the training. You keep thinking whether to ask or not. Its written on your whole face. Just ask. Don’t worry, I’m not gonna eat you or something.”

“Unnie.”

 

 

“But unnie, hmmmmm..... why you stop?”

“Stop what?”

 

“They said, it’s been more than a year. And that moment, they also said, you should.. no, you can get the first place but............” Soehyun stop there and look down cannot face Yuri.

 

“I got the fourth place among the 8 and I also messed up the relay make our team totally lost.” Yuri said. Soehyun can see a bitter smile on Yuri face.

 

“Why?”

 

“Oh, that’s the bus. Lets go.” Yuri ditch the question.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

D-DAY

Yuri sit at the audience watch the competition in silent. She just give a smile and nod to Soehyun when it’s Soehyun event.

 

Soehyun finish the relay and her team got 3rd place and also 3rd place for 200m single event.

 

 

After the competition, (after Soehyun celebrate with her team and coach)  yuri wait outside the stadium for Soehyun.

Soehyun can see Yuri sitting at the bench under the tree not far from the door. She smile looking at the older girl sitting there with her eye close. Sleeping?

 

Soehyun sit beside her.

“Unnie? Are you asleep?”

 

“Uh?? Oh, Hyunnie.” Yuri quickly compose her self.

 

“Unnie, you sleeping.”

“No I’m not.”

Soehyun chuckle.

 

 

“there they are” Yuri point to the swimming club team.

“Dont you want to join them celebrate the winning today?”

 

 

“do you want to join?” Soehyun ask Yuri back. Yuri shake her head.

“So,I think I better stay out.” It’s not like Soehyun hate the club member but when Yuri become the topic among them, Soehyun keep hearing a bad thing about Yuri and she hates that. When they keep talking negative about Yuri, Soehyun can’t believe it. The person infront of her now, not a selfish ungrateful brat like they said. Not a spoil snob child also.

 

 

 

“Hey Soe, Join us. We throw a party at Nana Sunbae house” Minzy call.

“Thank you but I already have a date.” Soehyun reject it politely.

“Okay.” Minzy chase after her team and they walk together.

 

 

 

“So, let us celebrate together?” Yuri said excitedly.

Soehyun just smile. This is the real Kwon Yuri that i know, bright, immature sometimes, she thought.

 

“what do you want to eat?”

“anything.” Soehyun said.

 

They get down the bus.

“street food” Yuri lift her both hand to the air showing the street full of stall. Soehyun just smile.

 

“what do you want to eat first?”

“Aything.”

Yuri hold Soehyun hand and pull her excitedly walking in the street.

 

Soehyun just smile following Yuri and mesmerize the moment.

 

 

.............................

 

 

 

Its kinda rush right??

hehehehe.. ^^

Because i need to enter the time next 3 or 4 year after they graduate college.

i already have the ending scene but some middle story still missing. i work hard on it.

well thankz guys for subscribing me.

you're very welcome to leave a comment. anything. seriously anything. Dont worry im a very open person. ^^

its keep focusing on Yuri (well shes my bias so shes the MC. cant help it guys. XD so next maybe I start focus on Yoonsic. they are important role in this story.)

Fighting!!!!! to me.