Chapter 15

My 'BestFriend'

The next day - Kwon's House

"Bye omma" Yuri take her shoes and open the door.

"omo!!!" Yuri almost fell to see someone standing infront of her when she open the door. she sigh as she saw the person.

''I almost dead because of heart attack.'' Yuri said. the person stand in front of her just chuckle.

‘’Lets go.’’ She said

 

Yuri just follow the girl. The walk to the bus stop seem to far for the girl. It’s the longest 5 for her. They sit at the bus stop. Still silent.

 

“fight?” Yuri broke the silent.

“huh? No. nope.”

 

Yuri sit beside the girl and look at her suspiciously.

“What?”

“Why?”

“aishhhh.. Cant I just want to have a time with by best friend?”

“Well, you can. But you exceptionally quiet today. Why?”

 

Jessica keep silent.

 

“you know what? This is awkward and scary too”

“you’re the one that scary Yul. You know how you always seem happy without problem? How you always dodge it to talk about yourself? That’s a scary thing to do for long time.”

 

Yuri look at Jessica with a question face like asking where did that come from. Then she laugh. Cant hold it back.

 

“yah! Did I look likes im playing around?”

“Why are you so sesrious?”

“Because I’m worried about you. You seem to have everything bottled up inside” Jessica seem frustrated with childish Yuri.

 

Yuri silent. Her face turn serious.

 

“Sica-ya, I’m not just looks happy, I am happy. Who said I have no problem at all? But that doesn’t mean I cant be Happy as always.”

“So, why did you hide?”

 

“I hide nothing.” Yuri smile.

“You stop swimming, the sport you love most. Why?”

 

Yuri speechless but the bus arrive at the same time.

 

“The bus here. Lets go.” Yuri quickly dodge the question.

Yuri pull Jessica to enter the bus.

 

“Its been so long we’re going to college together.”

“yeah.” Jessica answer lazily.

[This is what I mean Kwon. You don’t talk about yourself. Its make me angry and sad at the same time. I’m your best friend. Cant I know something about you? We seem to be far from each other as the time goes.] – Jessica

 

“I miss you.” Jessica murmur.

“Huh?” Yuri look at her.

 

“Nothing. Lets go we’re arrive already.” Jessica lead the way.

 

“I miss you too.” Yuri whisper to her self as Jessica already walk about 3 step in front her.

 

 

 

 

 

College Café

 

Yoona, Sooyoung, Tiffany, Taeyeon and Sunny busy having their lunch. Jessica playing with her food. Still thinking about Yuri. She sigh.

Yoona look at her girlfriend beside her.

“are you okay?”

“Yeah. Im fine.” Jessica fake a smile.

 

 

Meanwhile at the dance studio.

 

Boa busy arrange the place for them. They divided the 18 person to 4 team. Team one have 7 people. Team 2 have 5 people, Team 3 have 4 and Team 4 have 2.

Hyoyeon and Nicole are in Team 4. Yuri, Soehyun, Minzy and Hyuna in Team 3. Yuri seem restless.

 

“Unnie, you okay?” Soehyun ask as she saw Yuri keep sighing and look displease with the grouping made by Boa just now.

 

“Okay guys, we’ve already watch an example about the dance you’ll present so, you guys can get the idea right, how the dance will looks like? Now, as the step you watched just now, I want you to discuss with your team mate and add something different from just follow all the example. Understand?” Everyone nod and move to their space according to their team.

 

As the discussion proceed, Soehyun can see how unfocus Yuri is. She keep nodding and just agree with everyone idea without giving one. Minzy seems pissed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s been 2 weeks Soehyun and Minzy keep going the 2 club. Soehyun sit in the studio waiting her team mate.

“Hey Soehyun.” Minzy arrived and sit next to Soehyun. She give Soehyun a mineral water and a bread.

Soehyun hesitated to take it.

“Take it. You don’t even have a proper lunch today. You need an energy for the routine next.” Minzy smile. Soehyun smile back and take it.

 

Hyuna and Yuri arrive a minute later. They rehearse their routine. Soehyun can see how unfocus Yuri is. Its been 2 weeks and still Yuri doesn’t improve her  movement. She does give her all. No. She doesn’t even here. Just a body doing this but her mind not here at all. She keeps missing the beats.

 

“Yah, Kwon Yuri!”

“huh?” Yuri seems to get back in her body.

 

“What are you?”

“What?” Yuri ask confuse. Soehyun try to hold Minzy and tell her to stop.

“It’s keeps bothering me why you stop swimming because you’re just to good to stop. Other people in swimming club keeps saying that you’re just a brat that hates losing and do everything half-heartedly. I didn’t believe that, I just though you found a new hobby or something. But seeing you after 2 weeks in this club make me believe everything they said. I’m an helper but still I’m doing my best. If you don’t really want to be here, get lost. Don’t make this club lost just like you did with our club last year.”

“Minzy!! Stop that!!” Hyoyeon who practice with Nicole beside them interrupt.

 

Hyoyeon walk to them. Yuri seems lost.

 

“If she’s really going to be like this, I’ll quit!”

“No. I’ll quit.” Yuri reply.

 

 

Silent……………….

 

 

“I’m sorry, the rumour you hear about me………………… well, maybe its true. But you cant quit. They need you here. I’ll quit. I’ll talk with Boa Unnie to find some one else.”

Yuri pick up her belonging and bow to everyone in the studio while apologize one more time. She slowly walk out from the studio.

 

“Minzy, you just to much.” – Hyoyeon

“What? Am I wrong now?”

“You can talk about it silently just between 2 of you or between your team mates. Do you really like it to make everyone in the studio hear it?”

“I don’t know why you people still keep some one like her.”

“Stop it you two.” Soehyun interrupt and sigh.

“Minzy lets call it a day today.” Soehyun also pick up her back and go after Yuri.

 

Soehyun knows Yuri always sitting at the back of campus building. She heads there and as she guess, Yuri is sitting there. Soehyun sit beside Yuri. Still silent.

 

“Unnie.”

“Hmmm?”

“errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…… Minzy is a nice girl. Maybe she stressed out because she had 2 competition ahead?”

 

“I know! Lets have a BBQ? I know the place just open 3 days ago. They still in promotion price. Lets go.”

 

Soehyun just smile and follow Yuri. The restaurant just 2 block away from the campus so they just walking.

 

“are you okay?” Soehyun broke the silent. Yuri look at soehyun and smile.

“How can I be okay after all this?”

 

“Unnie…….” Soehyun worried.

“Pfftttt….” Yuri holding her laugh.

 

“Unnie???” Soehyun look a t her disbelieve.

“Hyunnie-yah, Don’t worry, I’m fine. I’ll be extra find if the dinner is on you.” Yuri chuckle.

“Alright! Today dinner is on me.”

“yeay!!!!”

 

 

 

After finish the dinner as usual, Yuri send Soehyun home (by bus). While walking from the bus stop to Soehyun house, soehyun broke the silent.

 

“Unnie, you can always count on me. If you need a shouler, you can always lean on me. Don’t worry, I’ll ask nothing” Soehyun said serious. Yuri look at soehyun face and nod with a sad face but smile.

“Thanks Soehyun. Thank you so much………….” Yuri stop the sentence.

“Unnie?”

 

 

“Here we are.” Yuri make a sign for Soehyun to enter her house. Soehyun just obey and enter her house.

“Thanks Unnie. Have a safe ride.”

 

Yuri walk to the bus stop back.

[Haishhh,…… how can I choke up and almost drop a tears there.]-Yuri