I Know You Know What I Mean

If Someone Believed Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wanna go for a walk?" Jiyong asked, half sprawled on and half hanging off of Jieun's largest sofa, more or less aware of what was happening in the lit up television screen his eyes had been glued on for the last fifteen minutes.

Jieun looked up from her computer, nearly finished reading through a few papers one of her secretaries had sent her, and nodded. "Let's. My eyes are tired."

"Jieun?" A desperate voice asked the moment she answered her phone.

"Yes?" She answered, catching onto the worry as if it were her own.

"It's Jiyong's mother." Of course, she would recognize that voice even if she were underwater with two damaged ear drums. "Jiyong is missing."

"What?"

"Ah," The boy groaned, stretching his arms over his head, "There really isn't anything like Mother Nature, is there?"

She scoffed, "Ok, Earth boy."

He peeked at her smile only to mimic it. 

"What did you bring?" He motioned to her noticeably heavy backpack, "Shall I carry that for you?" He took it and hauled it up to his shoulder without waiting for a reply.

"I packed a picnic." She said simply, as if it weren't a big deal. He stared at her. 

"Thank you." She nodded, still looking ahead. 

The path was shrouded by trees, their leaves glowed bright green due to the intense sunlight they generously blocked out. It was quite beautiful, the park nearest their apartment building. 

Jieun sat through the rest of her classes restlessly, she was about to graduate and had recently been told by her father that it was best if she went to Japan for some time to sort out the chaos the company's branch had been thrown in due to some jack or another's scandal. She wouldn't be able to sleep easy at night until coming back to Korea if this boy kept pulling these stunts.

Apparently, he'd been accused of plagiarism in his solo debut. She leered darkly, as if he'd do that. As if anyone would believe he did that. He should have more faith in the faith his friends and his company have in him instead of running away like a coward because he thinks no one will be on his side. Honestly! She ran her hand through her hair, frustrated. Can this hour pass any slower?

"Ah!" Jieun jumped back, nearly falling on her .

"What happened?" Jiyong turned, alarmed, only to see her shaking her head.

"A dragonfly just flew, like, this close to my face." She signaled to a spot merely inches away from her nose. 

He laughed. "You know, I always thought you weren't scared of anything." She rolled her eyes, already familiar with what came after that phrase, having heard him say it so many times before. "When we went to that excursion in high school, you were the only one that held that huge snake as if it were nothing. When there was a lizard in the classroom, you'd always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter