And The End Comes Too Soon

If Someone Believed Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong got home that night exhausted. He threw on some comfortable clothes and got into bed almost immediately. His phone must have rung some twelve times, but never with the tone he used for people he actually had to answer. Not with the other tone that had not been used for almost three weeks. 

He was so tired he couldn't even fall asleep. He just stayed there, letting his mind drift. 

"Hey," Jiyong said, spotting Jieun plopped down on the couch, dress in her lap, staring out into the distance, "Why aren't you getting ready?"

She looked up at him blankly. She had received her diploma earlier that day, and her family was throwing a party to celebrate. 

"You look good in a tux," She seemed to snap back to Earth, sitting up and then standing. Nobody said it was a normal party. 

In fact, the cocktail party was so... high-end, people who worked in the Blue House were invited. Perhaps, the boy felt a little tingle of anticipation in the pit of his stomach, even the Prime Minister...

"You ready?" Jieun said from behind him, 

He turned, a witty remark already on the tip of his tongue, but stopped short, completely losing it. 

She raised an eyebrow at him, questioningly.

He snapped out of his daze, "You look great."

"Thanks," She said simply, smiling. 

He watched her as she walked over to take her house keys that were lying on the dining table. Her silver floor length gown clung to her figure and shimmered in the light. Her back was almost completely exposed as were her shoulders and the center of her chest, due to the halter neck. Her hair was curled and parted to the side, something he hadn't notice when he got there, since it had been in a ponytail, and she had applied gray eye shadow, dark eyeliner and lipstick. This, he realized, dressing up, was as easy for her as it was for him. 

"I had them drop off the Lamborghini so we could drive there," She handed him a key, "There's something I need to tell you."

He interrupted his inner gawking to say, coolly, "Then tell me."

"I'm going to Japan."

Less than a week later, he saw her off at her apartment, she said she didn't want to cause a scene at the airport, what with his fame and all. 

A few months passed and, finally, promotions were done and Jiyong was given enough time off to go visit his best friend. 

"Hiya," She waved at him at the airport, two burly men flanking her on either side.

Hundreds of fan girls screamed when he took her in his arms, even going as far as to lift her from the ground and spin her around. 

He chuckled when, upon setting her down, he saw her flustered face. He was worried that she hadn't missed him, at all. 

She cleared , trying to pretend she wasn't blushing, and held out her hand to her side, as if exhibiting something, "Jiyong, this is Yoshida Souta." 

He suddenly took notice of the other man in the little bubble

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter