Like Dreaming of Angels

If Someone Believed Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I have news," Jiyong sat up, immediately alert upon hearing Kobayashi's words. "An unnamed citizen applied for a series of permits under the name Cho Jieun. It might take me a couple of days to find out the exact content of these permits, due to their classified nature before being processed, but I thought it best to inform you before beginning."

Jiyong leaned back, thinking. He would have called her Japanese friends just to see if she had contacted them, but they probably wouldn't have told him even if she had. He could try to contact her parents but... No, he'd rather not. 

He had only ever met her father privately once, and, despite the... experience, remained polite, if not cold, whenever encountering him or his wife in public.

Jieun had put away her books in record time, "I want to get home as soon as possible," She explained, recently she had finally been able to convince her chauffeur to let her walk to and from school. After all, he house was barely two and a half blocks away. "I don't have classes today or tomorrow since my teacher's sister is getting married, and I just got the new issue of that manga I told you I was obsessed with. I'm aiming to finish it all tonight so I can do all the work I have to tomorrow."

The boy just laughed and nodded, watching her get up, wave, and speed walk out. He, himself, was asked to stay behind for a matter concerning a show the grade was planning to put on during the upcoming cultural festival. Once the representative left, he turned to his desk and gathered his things, stopping upon picking up one that wasn't his. 

Jieun must have left it, he sighed, already planning to give it to her tomorrow, when he realized what it was. The manga she had told him she was so obsessed with. And she hadn't even finished that volume, he noted, spotting a page doggy eared near the middle. Tsk, she won't be able to finish it today without this, he thought, mischievously. He had been trying to see his friend's house ever since he first passed by it, not even making it past the front gate. 

This was not an opportunity he was going to waste. After all, would he be able to go into such a mansion anytime soon? He didn't think so. 

"Good evening," He bowed to the security guard who met him at the entrance, "My name is Kwon Jiyong, I attend school with Jieun. She had lent me this and asked me to bring it to her." He lied, afraid they'd ask him to hand the book over and leave. 

"You're Jiyong?" The man asked, surprised, "Come this way."

He just raised his eyebrows, impressed, and walked behind him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter