The Encounter

Baby, I'm not a Monster

Hyori entered the pub clad in a hooded jacket and a sunglass. The pub here is not very popular and people seldom come here. She was so guilty and wondered if Daesung was alright.

 

She opened up her phone once again, as this has become a habit of hers to check if Daesung have replied her or not.She was getting really worried, not getting a response from Daesung even though she sent more than 6 messages. 

 

She scrolled through the inbox to check for the last time, her eyes landed on " Ji <3" .

 

She should be really happy if Jiyong sent her a text but instead, she was worried sick, afraid of what Daesung might do to himself as he's one that will always blame himself.

 

Even if he was not at fault, he would turn the whole situation around and still insist that he was at wrong. She closed her phone and ordered soju from the bartender to try to forget the worries inside her. Her eyes wandered around the pub and it was nearly empty, except for a guy that was backfacing her.

 

She wanted to turn away but at this moment, she saw the side view of his face. It resembles so much like the smiling angel of Bigbang. But why did he come to a place like that?

 
 
Daesung was normally not one that would turn to alcohol to drown his sorrows. He would normally pray and the worries would all just go away like //POOF// *magic* But his time, no matter how hard he prayed, or at least tried to, the scene from the previous day kept replaying inside his mind. And he had no choice but to turn to alcohol.
 
 
He had only drank three shots of wine before he felt giddy. He thought he saw the face of Hyori. But he saw a few faces of her. He closed his eyes, shook his head, and he even slapped his cheeks with both his hands. 
 
 
One of that worked and all the images of Hyori combined into one. And it was really her, standing before him.
 
 

The face that he had been crying for, the face he had loved so much and the face which brought so much pain to him.

 

He wanted to shout at her, scream at her, beat her up for hurting him although he did nothing wrong but love her. But something stopped him, something in his heart. His tears were flowing down even without him knowing and he looked away from Hyori.

 

Hyori couldn't stop her tears once she saw the pain she had brought to her dongsaeng and place a hand on his shoulders. Daesung immediately recoiled back, as if Hyori's hand was a fireball and shouted at her " WHAT ARE YOU?! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?! IT WOULD BE ALRIGHT IF YOU LEFT ME ALONE. WHY ARE YOU BACK?

 

" Daesung-ah, listen to-" Hyori's sentence was cut in midair when Daesung abruptly stood up. Hyori never saw Daesung drunk before. To be precise, she didn't even see Daesung drink before.

 

His bloodshot eyes were filled with pain and sorrow, a feeling that was never in Daesung. As he tried to stand up straight, as if remembering something, he turned around and told Hyori, with a soft tone " Noona, its okay to hurt me. But I beg of you, hurting me is already enough, please do not hurt Chaerin. Leave Jiyong hyung before its too late."

 

Hyori nodded as an 'auto reflex' but the words " do not hurt Chaerin" rang like a bell inside Hyori's mind.

What has Chaerin got to do with Jiyong? But she did not want to ask anymore.

As Daesung stumbled out of the pub, she could no longer contain the sadness any longer and broke down in tears.

 

<><><><><><><>

{In CL's house}

Chaerin, as usual, was cleaning up the house when her phone vibrated, signalling an incoming text. She opened up the message and it read:

 

From: Jingyo oppa~

To: Hunchae<3

I have something to tell you, lets meet up.

 

She immediately replied back, using some of her aegyo

 

From: Hunchae<3

To: Jingyo oppa~

Aigoo, is it really important? Can I not go? ^3^

 

The curt reply came almost immediately.

 

From: Jingyo oppa ~

To: Hunchae<3

Yes, it is. We will meet at YG cafeteria.

 

Something about the reply made Chaerin nervous. Jiyong would normally reply with aegyo if Chaerin send him cute stuff like " Aigoo our Chaerinnie~~ how cute can you be? Dont make me fall deeper for you.^^"

 

Wait...wasn't Jiyong supposed to be in Japan?

Is he back?

Chaerin shrugged off the uneasy feeling and went to prepare.