Attempted Escape

Baby, I'm not a Monster

The masked man threw Daesung into the van first. And he screamed in pain when he his injured leg slammed against the back of the van.

 

"HEY! DON'T BE SO ROUGH TO HIM!" Hyori shouted at him. "Aish..so noisy. Shut up!" Saying that, the masked man shoved a cloth into  Hyori's mouth and threw her in.

 

They were left in the tiny back space of the van and they can hear the laughter of the masked men infront.

 

"Noona..are you hurt?" Daesung asked Hyori.

 

"Mhfmm..mhmmm" Hyori tried her best to talk, but the towel blocked out her voice.

 

The van bounced off a curb and Daesung winced in pain. The pain was unbearable by now.

 

Hyori managed to move towards Daesung and let his head rest against her.

 

But at this time, Daesung saw something shimmer under the moonlight. He saw a glimpse of hope and gritting his teeth, he inched his way nearer to the shimmering object, praying that it is a knife.

 

At this time, the van went through a very dark tunnel and Daesung could not see the shimmer any longer. He reached out his hand to try to locate the object.

 

His hand touched a very sharp end of the knife and Daesung accidentally let out a gasp due to the sudden pain. But he tried to locate the handle of the knife and held the knife in his hands before inching his way back to Hyori's side.

 

He turned Hyori around and cut off the rope tied around her wrist.  Hyori spat out the cloth and removed bits of string from .

 

"Noona, if anything happens to me, just run, okay? I would distract them." Daesung whispered to Hyori as he tried to stand up with one leg.

 

"Hey! What are you planning to do? Its dangerous, Daesung ah!" Hyori said in an urgent-whispering voice.

 

Daesung smiled at her and whispered "Noona, I pray for you and Jiyong, hope you will have a blessed life ahead. I am sorry, I couldn't make you happy. Remember, just run!"

 

And with that, Daesung limped towards the men that was chatting infront. Through a metal sliding door, he choked the driver and he lost control of the van.

 

The van swerved from lanes to lanes, as the masked men tried to free their friend from Daesung's grasp. Daesung felt his energy depleting fast and knew that he would soon lose grip of the man and shouted to Hyori, " Noona, try to open that door and run before its too late!"

 

At this time, the van bounced off the road and the van slammed hard into a tree. The impact caused Daesung and Hyori to slam through the roof of the car and landed with a sickening thud at some distance away from the van.

 

Hyori groaned in pain as tiny explosions of pain engulfed her. She felt warm liquid engulfing her head and wondered to herself if she was already in heaven.

 

Just then, the van exploded with flames shooting out of the broken windshields and roof.

 

Her heart seemed to came to a still when her blurred vision picked up a man lying just a few feets from her, seemingly lifeless.

 

She focused her vision and saw that it was Daesung, sprawled on the floor, a pool of blood forming around him.

 

" Daesung ah....hey...you okay?" Hyori let out a soft whisper, with all the energy left inside of her. 

 

But there was still no response from Daesung, and it was a scary silence. Except for the crackling of fire.