The Mystery of The Smiling Angel

Baby, I'm not a Monster

[ CL's POV]

 

I woke up to find myself lying on the couch. WAIT A MINUTE...HOW THE F-CK DID I END UP ON THE COUCH?

 

Just then, I heard Daesung's voice saying " Oh Chaerin ahh~ you have woken up. Come on, I have made breakfast, come and eat!!" I turned around to see him still dressed in my shirt and pants but with a pink apron draped around him and a bandana around his head.

 

He looked just like a cute little child and wait...is that a smile I am seeing hanging on his face? Where was the depressed Daesung from last night?

 

I was so concerned about him when I saw the injuries inflicted on him yesterday. But now he is acting like everything's alright? I eyed him suspiciously and asked him " Is everything alright? How did you end up on my doorstep yesterday? Where did you go and where did you get those injuries from?" He fidgeted and his smile disappeared for a moment. 

 

But seconds later, he smiled and said " Whoaa..there are so many questions. Which one should I answer first?"

 

I was especially curious about his injuries and told him " Answer the last question about how you got your injuries."

 

He led me to the table and plopped me down on an empty chair. He smiled and said " Nahh, don't think too much about it. I just fell and injured myself. And about the second quest-"

 

Before he could even finish, I peered at him closely and said " You are lying, aren't you? Just tell me the truth, the injuries..they are from a fight, isn't it?"

 

His eyes widened and he kept avoiding eye contact with me. I could see his brain working furiously for an excuse and after a few moments, he smiled and said " I really fell. Chaerin ah, don't think too much alright?"

 

I got a strange feeling that the smile was forced and before I could say anything, he ruffled my hair and said " Let's eat Chaerin ah, the food's turning cold." Saying that, he pushed a bowl of ramen infront of me and said cheekily " Here ma'am, your bowl of ramen is here. Please enjoy your meal and see you again! "

 

This sentence never failed to crack me up and I started laughing and took the chopsticks from Daesung's hands. 

 

Daesung whined and said " No fair~ that's my chopsticks. You meanie~" I stuck out my tongue at him and he had no choice but to take another pair of chopsticks. 

 

I had finished my bowl of ramen and looked at Daesung who was happily eating his ramen like a little boy, or should I say, slurping?. He said that if the noodles were delicious, we should slurp the noodles so as not to offend the chef. 

 

I looked at my inbox but didnt see any messages from Jiyong. I sighed and thought aloud " Why havent Jiyong reply my text yet? " The slurping sounds stopped and I looked over at Daesung.

 

His smile slowly faded and there were some noodles still hanging outside of his mouth. He bit off the noodles and those fortunate strands of noodles dropped back into the bowl of soup.

 

I suddenly remembered that Bigbang was supposed to be in Japan and asked him " Daesung , aren't Bigbang supposed to be in Japan? But why are you in Korea?"

 

Daesung stuttered " We...we..do not have schedules in Japan. I mean..at least for the next three months..."

 

I stiffened.

 

So did Jiyong lie to me?

Why did he do that?

Why would he do that?

 

I wanted to make things clearer and asked " But Jiyong..."

 

Before I could even finish, Daesung seemed as if he had read my mind and said "About Jiyong, he stayed in Japan for a longer period. For some stuff.."

 

I felt relieved to hear that, but why does Daesung look so angry? His face relaxed a little and said " Chaerin ah, I have some things to attend to, I will go first."

 

Saying that, he took his damp clothes from yesterday and turned around to hug me. " Chaerin ah, I am sorry. I don't want to hurt you and I am not sure if this would bring you greater harm. And, thank you for taking care of me yesterday.

 

Sorry?

Sorry for what? 

What would hurt me?

 

I wanted to ask him but he let go of me and left. Was that tears I see in his eyes?

I am so confused...