Our Little Secret

SCOOP
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why is this girl running so fast." Yonghwa grumble while following Seohyun down the stairs to the back yard.

 

Seohyun slow down her pace when they running pass the crowd in the corridor before people start to get curious in what she was doing.

 

Yonghwa walking half running behind her, try to catching up with her.

 

They out from the back door and walking through the stone path behind the building before turn left to the back yard. No one usually go there since there is nothing in the back yard except for an empty land full of grass.

 

She stop in the edge of the building and took a peek. Yonghwa was behind her, trying to look behind her shoulder.

 

She thinks she will get a picture of at least a kissing couple but what she found surprised her more.

 

Jungshin and the girl's back in a squatting position in front of a wooden box.

 

"What are they doing?" Yonghwa whispered behind her back.

 

"I don't know. I think they are seeing something."

 

Seohyun settles creep closer to them. She heard their giggle and gets more curious. With her camera in her hand, she gets ready to capture whatever it is.

 

She frowned when she can see what they see.

 

"Puppies?"

 

Jungshin and the girl who looks like first year student gets surprised by her voice and turn around to see her. Jungshin's hand drop the dog meat that he was holding before, clearly shocked to see his classmate that is a school council president and the head of journalist club were right behind him.

 

He was doomed to get busted by those two combos.

 

Two white little puppies was eating dog food peacefully, oblivious to their surrounding.

 

"Seohyun? Yonghwa?" Jungshin gaped. "Why are you here?"

 

Yonghwa waves at him with guilty smile. He doesn't like to catch people doing crime, especially his best friend.

 

"We supposed to ask the same question to you." Seohyun answered.

 

Jungshin and the girl stand up from their position.

 

"Yonghwa, Seohyun.. Please don't tell other people about this, will you?" Jungshin asked.

 

Seohyun cross her hand in her chest, "and why should I?"

 

"This is just a puppy, why you want to make fuss about it?" Yonghwa said.

 

"You are the school council president, you are the one who should make people follow the rule. The school clearly forbid us to bring pets to school, moreover raise them in the back yard."

 

"Well, there will always be an exception." Yonghwa said. He scratch his head that not itchy.

 

"Unnie, please don't tell people. We will move the puppies when there is people who wants to adopt them." plead the girl.

 

"And you are?"

 

"I'm Kim Soo Young from first year. I ask Jungshin oppa to help me find shelter for the puppies. My mother not allowed me to have pet at home.” She explained.

 

Seohyun was in a deep thinking when one of the puppies barking at him. She tries to ignore the puppy but she makes the wrong move by looking down at her. White puppy wiggling his tail in front of her.

 

When her eyes catch those innocent pleading eyes, her faith got sway.

 

“Oh look, Dubu likes you, unnie”, Soo Young said.

 

Of course, Seohyun likes Dubu, too.

 

She likes all cute dog actually.

 

Yonghwa bend her body and took the other one of the dog, “And what is this little cutie name?”

 

“She is Jjingie.”

 

“Annyeong, Jjingie.” Yonghwa hold Jjingie and gigles while she was his cheek. Yonghwa put Jjingie back to the ground and pat her lightly. “Look, Seohyun, it’s no dangerous at all. Let’s just keep this secret, okay?”

 

“We won’t be keeping them here for too long, after we find people who want them we will immediately move them, really.” Jungshin said while Soo Young nodded in agreement.

 

Three pairs of eyes all on Seohyun, in addition two pairs of eyes from Dubu and Jjingie. Seohyun wants to argue more, it was her scoop for this month after all. She can’t bear to lose one more scoop.

 

"You are a journalist, not from discipline committee anyway." Yonghwa add.

 

Jungshin and Soo Young give him a thankful looks.

 

Dubu and Jjingie bark again as knowing what she was thinking.

 

She sighed. “Ahrasso. But you should find a new place for them immediately or I will put it in the school news.”

 

Soo Young smile happily. “Thank you, unnie.” Seohyun got surprised when she felt a small pair of arm circling her body into a hug. Seohyun pat Soo Young back awkwardly while her eyes glancing at Yonghwa who now seems busy playing with the puppies.

 

They heard the bells ringing and get ready to back to class. Jungshin and Soo Young say goodbye to the puppies and pet them a couple times before turning back to the school building.

 

Yonghwa and Seohyun walk behind them. “It’s very nice of you to just let this go.” Seohyun said in sarcasm.

 

“I’m not a person who took advantage from other people flaws like someone.” He said in more sarcasm.

 

She snorted.

 

“I think you have a lot of secret now.”Yonghwa said.

 

“I always have a lot of secret since I’m a journalist.”

 

“Did you really will just let it go?” Yonghwa asked.

 

“Yeah. I guess so.”

 

“Then what will you do to them?” He asked while pointing his forefinger to Jungshin and Soo Young who walking in front of them.

 

“Emm.. Nothing.” She answered cooly.

 

“Not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter