The Deep Within

SCOOP
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A.N : I suggest you to read the previous chapter first to refresh your memory about this story.. Ignore the grammar error and all the typo.. Too lazy to edit it..!!!

 

 

 

Seohyun already at the front door of the board room, determine to do something to prevent the suspension. Taking a deep breath she opened the door harshly, that took the attention from the people inside the room.

 

"Wait the minute.." She shouted.

 

She greeted by the curious face from the board members. They didn’t really look happy to see her though. "Um.. I.." She tried to explain herself but lost her words suddenly. Yonghwa looked at her quizzically. She thought he will have a sullen face for getting scolded, but to her surprise he looked calm. "I'm sorry for interrupting, but I have something to confess.."

 

"What is this about, Seo Joo Hyun-ssi?" Mr. Yoo, her disciplinary teacher asked.

 

"It's about Yonghwa.."

 

The board members and the teacher looked at the latter with more question vivid in their face. Yonghwa lifted his eyebrows, getting confuse as well. But looking at her expression it must not be something good. He just hope she didn't do something stupid and make herself in trouble.

 

"I - Um.."

 

"You may come over, Ms. Seo."

 

Seohyun walked closer to the meeting table, her face a bit pale when she looked at Yonghwa who was still looking at her intently. He stand beside Yonghwa's chair and gathered her courage. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm the Head of Journalist Club, Seo Joo Hyun imnida."

 

"You say you have something you wanted to confess.. And it's about Yonghwa.. Can you tell us what it is?"

 

"Actually, I was the one who took the picture of him smoking at the rooftop. But Yonghwa didn’t smoke at that time.. I mean- You know lately there's not much going on in school that worth to put on the school news. So I think that if I had something I could use as a scoop, people will took more interest to read it and show them that the school magazines are actually worth to read.. So I currently has been writing some article.. And I asked Yonghwa to help me as a model.."

 

"So you mean.."

 

"What I mean is that.. um.. the picture actually just a photo shoot for my upcoming article, but I don't think it will made this huge blow to our school and people start to misunderstanding it.. I really wanted to apologies to Yonghwa for getting him in trouble like this.."

 

"If this is something you did for saving him, Young lady, you don't have to make such lie. Yonghwa already admitting everything.." Mr. Lee said.

 

"No.." Seohyun looked at him, frowning but Yonghwa just nodding his head as if telling her not to make any lies anymore.

 

"I admit I did smoking at the rooftop because it's true.." Yonghwa said calmly.

 

"No, he didn't.." Seohyun defended.

 

"Yes, I did."

 

"You didn't."

 

"I did."

 

"You didn't."

 

"I-"

 

"Enough.. Enough you two." Mr. Yoo said, impatiently.

 

"Sir, Yonghwa really didn't do it. It's all misunderstanding. I realize I made a mistake by using him as a model and force him to do that.." Seohyun looked at him

 

"If what you say is true, then why did he admitting something he didn't do?" Mr. Lee asked.

 

"That's because I did-"

 

"He did it because he doesn't want me to be blamed for everything.. I'm very sorry for causing all the trouble but please don't punish him for something he didn't do. You should punish me instead."

 

"What are you talking about, Seohyun?" Yonghwa frowned, definitely pissed by her decision to take all the blame. "The result is clear, I will take the punishment, don't need to change it, Sir.."

 

"Oh God.." Mrs. Jung let out a sighed. The others seems considering the confession as well. "One more question.. Why were you should use him as a model and not other student?"

 

"B-because he.."

 

"He??"

 

"B-because he is my boyfriend.." Seohyun stammered, feeling nervous for saying more lies, not that they didn't lie about their fake relationship before but it gets harder to do it when his mother, the principal, is present in the room and hear it. Now she could related of how Yonghwa feels when he met her parents before.

 

She saw the hesitated look on his mother face, some of the teachers and board members are doubting her statement, some of them who already heard the rumors before just nodding their head in understanding.

 

"Ehm.." Mr. Han, the school director cleared his throat. "Of course considering the situation, the outcome will follow. We will think back what the exact punishment you two will get.."

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"What do you think you're doing? Making up such lie, you really want to get in trouble?" Yonghwa snapped when they had reached safe distance from the board room. The meeting is still going on inside, the school has already begun but the two of them still waiting for the result of the board meeting.

 

"I thought I will get a 'thank you' instead of scolding.." She joked.

 

When she saw his serious glare, she cleared . "I know what you were thinking but no matter what I'm still involved in this incident. And partly this was my fault too.. I will feel terrible if I did nothing and watching you getting all the punishment alone.."

 

"You don’t have to took all the blame because of that.. And it's better one person to be punished than two.." He raked his hair, a bit frustrated and irritated by her. He really doesn't want her name to be involved.

 

Seohyun leaned her back on the wall, "When you asked me if I'm the one who leak it, I feel offended because I really didn't. But you are right, I'm the one who did it. Though not intentional. I couldn't keep our agreement for not leaking it, when you already suffer fulfilling my requests.."

 

"It's fine, it doesn't even matter who is the culprit now. I'm not blaming you either.."

 

"Do you think they will buy it? I tried to make it as real as possible, but I realized I'm so bad at acting. I should have came up with a better excuse but I have no time to think at that time.."

 

"No, they won't buy it.. You are so bad at it, you stammered, and look so nervous.. I could tell right away that you were lying.."

 

"Well, thank you for the positive encouragement."

 

He shrugged his shoulder and smiled and somehow it made her smile as well.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"They buy it! Ha!!" She laughed, clearly overjoyed. She jumps up to the 1 meter fence beside the school yard and started walking above that tiny fence. Yonghwa walked beside her but in the right human pathway.

 

"Be careful, you may fall, Seohyun-ah.." He warned but she didn't bother at all.

 

"It was such disappointing action but considering your reputation at school, we believe it was just a misunderstanding as you declared. But, the school has rules and as much as I want you not to get the punishment, I can't just let you go away freely. The damaged has been done and the consequences still need to be done. We decided that both of you will have to do 10 hours community services. It will starting this weekend. Mr. Lee will inform you of what you would do. We would like Yonghwa to publicly announce your apology for making this uproar at school and clear all the misunderstanding.." Seohyun recited what Mr. Han said to them earlier. "Ha! Never thought we could get away this easily.. And the best part is you still hold your title as School Council President.. All thanks to me.."

 

"Yeah.. yeah.. Don't for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter