The After Effect

SCOOP
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun is running faster, anxious take over her mind. She had a bad feeling about all of this. Regardless of whom the person behind the leaked photo is, Yonghwa condition is more important for her. He is the Student Council President, what would happen to him after this? She was starting to feel guilty by this whole situation. It was started because of her anyway.

 

In no time, she has arrived in front of the rooftop door and pushes it open. Look at her right and left just to find it empty. Feeling frustrated, she start to curse in her mind when his number still couldn't be reached.

 

When she was about to walks out from the door, she heard a small shriek sound of human feet. How relieve is she when she looks up and find Yonghwa is standing nicely at the upper rooftop, looking far away at the landscape below him. His hand grips at the railway tightly, she can see his knuckles turn white. He seems not notice of her presence. His feet start to climb the railway and her eyebrow furrowed.

 

Wait, did he really just looking at the landscape or..?

 

.

 

She ran towards the upper rooftop quickly before anything bad happening. When he was already at her sight, she slam her body on to him, resulting for both of them fall in the ground with him below her, screaming in pain.

 

He was startled at the sudden contact, a bit shocked and clueless of what happen. What he knew is he felt his back pain when he hit the ground and there is this long hair in his face, hiding his vision.

 

"Please don't do something stupid, Yonghwa.." She shouted. "..Everything will be alright, trust me.."

 

He loosens her grips on his waist and turn to face her, his expression is mixed with confusion and shock. "S-seohyun?"

 

"I'm sorry.. Please don't die.."

 

"Yah.. Who want to die? What were you doing exactly?" He still panting slightly, trying to stand up to ease the pain in his back.

 

Seohyun looks up, her face is red, tears in the corner of her eye, she looks horrible. "I-I thought you want to commit suicide.." She sighed before smacked his arm. "Don't scare people, you idiot. Why were you hiding here?"

 

"Yah.. I'm the victim here.." He whined, his aching back lightly.

 

Both of them tried to even their breath, sitting quietly at the ground.

 

"Anyway.. Did you already saw the news?"

 

He knew immediately what news she was talking about. "It was all over the school, I bet even teacher already knows about it." He said, looking back at the sky above.

 

"H-how are you?"

 

"Well.. What did you expect me to feel then?" He sighed. "Actually yesterday Mr. Lee called me, someone already report me about the photo."

 

"Really? How? Why didn't you tell me?"

 

"That's why I ask you if you ever give that photo to anybody."

 

"I never.. Wait.. Did you just suspecting me?" Her hand cross around her chest, feeling irritated.

 

"It's not like that, you know I just ask.." He felt hesitate to answer because he admit there was like 0.001% doubt in his mind. But it was not last long since he quickly shrugged the thought since he knows Seohyun would never do that.

 

The frowned in her face didn't leave unnoticed by him. He knows he was already insinuated her by saying so. But what can he do when she was the only one who has the photo, right?

 

"What I mean is.. Is there any chance that you left your phone somewhere unlocked and someone happened to saw it?"

 

"I-I don't remember.." She said, the guilty feeling coming back to her.

 

"It's okay. I think it was the time to reveal everything to the school. Let's go, the class almost started."

 

 

Yonghwa could felt the stare from people whenever he walks, there is this judgment look, disgust look or just pity and some of them still look at him the same way as before the news leaked, with admiration and support. He know he can't escaped this one, but it's fine for him, now people knows that he is not as perfect as they thought and expected.

 

What makes him regret is just to see her mother disappointment later.

 

"Yonghwa.." Jungshin wanted to ask about the news but hesitated when he saw Yonghwa's expression when he comes in to class.

 

As he predicted, he got summon to Mr. Lee's room as soon as the school hour started. It does going to be a long day indeed.

 

"Yonghwa, come in." Mr. Lee said as soon as he saw Yonghwa at the door.

 

Mr. Lee sighed. "Well, you know, the news were already spread around the school.. And I can't help to hide it anymore, it will create a ruckus around the school if people knew I let it slide just because you are the School Council President and the son of the Principal."

 

"I understand." Yonghwa said calmly. Mr. Lee got very confuse at his calmness. Doesn't he affected by it? Didn't he know that he was going to get punishment by what he did?

 

"Ironically.. Because you are the School Council President and the Principal's son this kind of news becoming huge."

 

Mr. Lee sighed one more time, feeling hard to convey his message to Yonghwa. Yonghwa is actually one of his favorite students. It's a pity for him to get in to such trouble. But Yonghwa should receive the same treatment as other student before the school rules lose its validity in other's eyes.

 

"I'm afraid the worst maybe you should subside your position as School Council President.. But we'll see later after the board meeting today."

 

"I totally can understand that, Mr. Lee. I have no right to give some excuses anymore." Yonghwa give the old man a slight smile, clearly understand what this meeting could bring to his fate.

 

"The principal, your mother.. She wants to meet you after this. I hope you could give a proper explanation to her." Mr. Lee said slowly, dismissing him from his sight.

 

 

Yonghwa took a deep breath before knocking at her mother's office room. He knew she must be very disappointed at him right now. It was hard to face her and give proper explanation. You couldn't say you were having problems at home or school to her since she is your mother at home and yours principal at school. In short, she was around, knowing exactly what happen to your life.

 

Her mother is sitting behind her desk, looking straight at Yonghwa. She has a lot to say, a lot to ask judging by her expression right now.

 

"Hi, mom." Yonghwa greeted her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter