Getting To Know You More

SCOOP
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"May I ask u something?"

 

"You already did so why bother asking?"

 

"hhmmpphh..not this..I want to ask you.. but it might be a little bit personal, I hope you won't get mad."

 

Yonghwa's heart skip a bit wondering what kind of personal question she might ask. "What is it?"

 

"I wonder..Since when did you start to smoke?"

 

"mmm..”

 

“It’s okay if you don’t feel like answer it.” She pick a small stone, stretching her hand a bit then throw it to the pond, making it bounce thrice before it got swallowed by the water. “Ah, I can do better than that.”

 

“I can make it bounce six times.” Yonghwa took a small stone beside him and throw it. Indeed the stone bounce six times before it sunk. Seohyun’s eyes widened in awe, “How can you do that? I just can do it till fourth if I lucky.”

 

“I’m gifted.” He shrugged his shoulder and chuckles while playing with another small stone in his hand.

 

"You gifted with too much arrogance in your system. It will be miracle if it can be reduced.”

 

He laughed. “Don’t be jealous, Seohyun. Arrogant is allowed as long as the person has equal ability to be one.”

 

She wheezed then pouting.

 

They were in such a comfortable silent after that. Just when she thought she will never hear his answer, since she thought it very personal reason, suddenly he said, “Promise me, you won’t laugh.”

 

She nodded in silent.

 

“Since the day you caught me on the rooftop."

 

"Mwoya?" She asked, not believing him. But she can see that his eyes saying the truth. "Jinjja?"

 

"Jinjja, that's the first day I try to smoke. But I guess God doesn't approve me since He sent you to stop me." he sighed. "Now you must think of how not cool I am. That’s why I hesitated to answer."

 

Seohyun laughed out loud. "Omo, I'm such an angel God sent for stopping you doing that bad thing then."

 

"Yah, you said you won’t laugh.”

 

“Mian, I just don’t expect that was your first.”

 

“Besides, what kind of angel threatening people around to be her slave?"

 

“The kind of angel who punish a bad guy?" She smirked while making a cute aegyo with her two palms in her chin.

 

Yonghwa snorted though his heart beating like crazy.

 

"But for a smart guy you actually a bit stupid."

 

"Mwo?"

 

"How can you think smoking is cool? It's not healthy."

 

"I just want to break the rule sometimes. I was sick of how people always had some high expectation from me. I don’t want to always be a nice boy. I’m no perfect.”

 

Seohyun can’t understand why there was someone who wants to be less perfect like him. It was very different for her. She always tried hard to get recognition of her hard work and accomplishment. Said she was a bit ambitious, but she always try her best to show what she can do better, and hide all her flaws. But this man beside her is in the opposite.

 

Maybe the pressured of being perfect conceal his real-flaws-self until he can't do anything without minding what others would think of him.

 

"Many people try hard to look perfect, you know."

 

"Yeah, but when you were already one, people start to have high expectation of you. It's just a matter of time when you will show them your flaws, and see who will be the last one standing for you or is it will ever be one."

 

"I don't understand. Despite of thinking people might leave when they know your flaws, which is very normal since we are human after all, why don't we just do the best we can in everything?" She was now looking at him in the eye. She can't believe that he was having this kind of insecurities about people acceptance of him.

 

"There might be high and down in our path, there will be people who will get disappointed by our action, there will be failure, too. But despite of thinking the negative outcome, let’s just give the best and hope for the best. What we have in mind, doesn't always come true anyway."

 

"The thing is people will start to expect, and decide what best for you, what you should do, how you should act, and in the end, you just lose yourself more and more until you can't remember who you were before the world told you who you should be." he reasoned.

 

Seohyun blink twice before speak. "Woa.. I don’t know there was such a deep reason behind it. Then, when you feel you can express yourself best as your real self?"

 

"When I playing with the band. Music can make me forget the complexion."

 

"So it was the real you then, a passionate man in the stage, not minding with all the sweats and seems to enjoying yourself too much."

 

Yonghwa glance at her and grin. "So you were observing me while playing, eh? Did your heart fluster when you see me so cool that time?"

 

"Don't flatter yourself." She look down, to hide her blushing face. "For me you are not flawless as others think. See? It's very fortunate for you knowing me who accepted your imperfection."

 

"Was that supposed to be thankful for?"

 

"Of course, you really should start to be less negative thinking." She smirked. "And don't think about people comments. No, ignore it even if you hear it. Just do what you want. The hell about others, they were not you, they don't even know you anyway."

 

"Live for yourself. People will accept you when you start to accept yourself." she added.

 

Yonghwa eyeing her stand from the ground and remove the dirt from her dress then walk to the kid's slide.

 

"Yah, what are you doing?"

 

"Let's play."

 

"That's for kids." he said.

 

"If you want to break the rule, it better this way. Who said playground only for kids? Palli, Yonghwa. Let's do the unexpected."

 

She was already sliding when Yonghwa start following her. Seohyun laugh at hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter