The Other Side of You

SCOOP
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I just late for about 30 minutes and here you are already talk comfortably with another man." Yonghwa said while keep glaring at Wongeun.

 

"What are you talking about? And how can you come? You said you won't come." Seohyun whispered.

 

"It doesn't matter now. What I want to know is who the man beside you is? I thought you said you can't bring any other man beside me since Shinhye asked you to bring me." Yonghwa's whispered back.

 

"Who said I bring him with me? You are unreasonable. Just so you know, this guy here is Shinhye's boyfriend."

 

Yonghwa gasped at his newfound truth. He doesn't even know why he acted so rude like that. But when he arrived at the party and find them talking comfortably as if they already know each other so long, he can't help but feel annoyed. He doesn't like a bit at the sight.

 

Wongeun silently hear their conversation and find it amusing, the way this guy show his jealously is hilarious. Though he find Seohyun is an attractive woman but he realized that she always try to keep maintaining their distance appropriately while talking to him.

 

Wongeun keep his warm smile and start introducing himself. "You must be Yonghwa, Seohyun-ssi boyfriend? I'm Wongeun. Nice to meet you."

 

"Ah, annyeonghaseyo." Yonghwa bowed back at him embarrassedly. But the truth about Wongeun actually is Shinhye's boyfriend doesn't make him feel at ease at all. He can't help but feel suspicious at this Wongeun guy as he recognized the way Wongeun eyeing Seohyun when they talk earlier.

 

That eye was full of admiration of her.

 

"Seohyun-ssi, do you want more drink?" Wongeun asked.

 

"I do..."

 

Before Seohyun finish answering him, Yonghwa cut it. "I will take it for you, hyun." And just like that Yonghwa already out of her sight in a blink of an eye.

 

"...not." Seohyun gaped at Yonghwa behavior, looking at Wongeun who smiling mischievously. "I don't.. I want to say I don't want drink anymore."

 

Wongeun laugh by her answer. "Your jealousy boyfriend is very funny. He must be so in love with you to oppose the idea of you drink something served by another man beside him."

 

Seohyun laugh awkwardly hearing his statement. Though Seohyun felt grateful at Yonghwa who finally come, but his behaviour still irritate her a bit. Could it be Yonghwa really jealous or it was just an act to make Wongeun believe of their relationship?

 

Yonghwa eyeing both of them from the corner of his eyes. He quickly took a glass of juice for Seohyun and walk back to them.

 

He knows it was none of his business if Wongeun really have that admiration to Seohyun, and it was not like he should care. But why he doesn't want to leave both of them alone?

 

Yonghwa handed the glass to Seohyun, "You shouldn't drink alcohol, we are underage. Drink this juice instead."

 

How come he dared to talk about what an underage shouldn't do? And when did he improve his acting skill of an overprotective boyfriend? She shook her head in disbelief of what she heard but took the glass anyway.

 

Just then, Shinhye come closer to where they were standing. Her mother was in her arm. "Oh Yonghwa, It's surprised me to see you really come."

 

Shinhye's mother studied Yonghwa from head to toe like he was such an antique statue, making him uncomfortable. Politely, Yonghwa bow at her and said his birthday greeting after introducing himself.

 

"You were not like what I think before," Shinhye's mother said. "I expect you to be.. taller.."

 

Yonghwa chocked in embarrassment when he heard Seohyun try to hide her failed chuckles. He got used to be complimented by his achievement, skills or looks. He never expected to be judged by his height.

 

"Omo, I'm sorry, I don't mean to say that. It's because you stand beside Wongeun so I recognized it. I hope you do not get offended." Shinhye's mother quickly said. "Did you already get introduced to Seohyun’s parents? Wait here, I will get them."

 

"Imo, I don't think that necessary. Maybe they were busy talking with their colleagues. I will introduce him next time." Seohyun nervously said.

 

"What are you talking about? No parents would be so busy to get to know their daughter's boyfriend. I will get them." Shinhye's mother already turns around and lost in the crowd.

 

"I'm sorry for my mom, she was a busybody sometimes." Shinhye linked her palm around Wongeun's arm, showing off her intimacy to Seohyun and Yonghwa. "So you were really miraculously did dating each other?"

 

Shorten her distance to Yonghwa untill their shoulder bumps, Seohyun catch his palm and holding it. Yonghwa felt shiver around his body when the heat in their palms met. "You still didn't believe it?"

 

"Now I did." Shinhye gritted her teeth, clearly trying to calm down her nerves though deep down the jealousy eat all her calmness. "Do you know Wongeun ever winning of national violin competition for youth? He can play very well, it can touched and melt your heart. Classical music is high class."

 

Wongeun scratch his head that not itchy in embarrassment. "She was exaggerating. I still should learn many things."

 

"You are really humble." Seohyun said.

 

Yonghwa snorted.

 

"Yah, what are you good outside school? Did you ever win in competition?" Seohyun whispered to Yonghwa.

 

Yonghwa frowned. Did she really just thinking of me as a trophy?

 

"Even if I had, I won't ever tell you." Yonghwa whispered back. "I'm not an object you can brag about."

 

"Aish.. Why so stingy. I thought you really want to help me when I saw you here."

 

"I do, but not for me being an object you can brag. I'm humble too, you know."

 

His statement makes Seohyun snorted this time.

 

"Why are you guys whispering?" Wongeun asked.

 

Seohyun pout then cleared . "Apparently this boyfriend of mine has nothing to be proud about except of his reputation at school and his-not-so-high-class-but-not-so-bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter