Palpitating Heart

SCOOP
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa was sitting in the dinner table with Seohyun’s father in front of him. Seohyun with her mother was preparing the food. Seohyun’s father observing him from the first time he was entering the house, Dubu was on his embrace.

 

Yonghwa was smiling to hide his nervousness.

 

"You were my daughter's boyfriend?" Seohyun’s father starts to talk.

 

"Ne, aboeji." he answered.

 

"Who said you could call me aboeji?" Her father suddenly snapped at him in anger.

 

It was shocking him, the way his father bluntly said that in such an anger tone.

 

Is it in their blood to speak bluntly like that?

 

"M-mianhaeyo Mr.Seo. I didn't mean to offense you."

 

Seohyun’s father cleared his voice and talk again. "Did you intend to marry my daughter?"

 

"Eh?" Yonghwa gasped.

 

"So you never think of marrying her?"

 

"It's not like that Mr. Seo." he gulped.

 

"Are you just playing around with her?"

 

"A-aniyo.." he quickly said, afraid he will get misunderstood. "It's just that we were still young so I never really think about marriage yet. What I think right now was to finish my study then get a proper job for my future."

 

"Yeobo, don't torture him so much. Look at how nervous he was." Suddenly Seohyun’s mother came to the scene to put a bowl of soup in the table.

 

"Wae? Seohyun is my only child, I should know his intention of dating with my daughter before he hurt her."

 

"Ahrasso, but just don't too much, they were still young." she said while patting his husband's shoulder. "He was an overprotective father." Seohyun’s mother said to Yonghwa.

 

Yonghwa nodded. "Ne, I can see that."

 

Seohyun come following her mother and sit beside Yonghwa. She was smirking when Yonghwa whispering to her about how scary her father is.

 

"How far your relationship already?" her father ask again.

 

"Ne?" Seohyun and Yonghwa gasping in surprised.

 

"Yeobo.."

 

"Wae? I should warn him before he did something to my daughter."

 

Yonghwa chocked, embarrassed by her father's question.

 

"I warn you, young man. Don't - ever - touch my daughter, do you understand? I will be the one to beat you if that happen."

 

Beat? Is he a gangster? What if she was the one who touch me? They surely are family who loved to threatening people around.

 

What if he find out that we were not real?

 

"Ne, Mr. Seo." he answered shortly.

 

 

They were eating peacefully after that though Yonghwa can't really taste how delicious the food was due to his nervousness.

 

"Do you like the food?" Seohyun’s mother asked him. "Eat more." She put more rice in his plate which he can't refuse.

 

“Why don't you eat the donkatsu? I thought  Seohyun said you like spicy food?" Seohyun’s mother said.

 

The smirk on Seohyun's face didn't go unnoticed to Yonghwa who glance at her in disbelief by her joke.

 

She knows clearly that he doesn't like spicy food.

 

When he eat the donkatsu, it was really spicy. He pinch his own thigh to endure the spiciness but manage to finished his food anyway. Seohyun bite her inside lips to hold her laughter. But she knows after the show is over she clearly will get scolded by Yonghwa.

 

She give a glass of water to him and he took it all in one gulped.

 

She felt bad after that. It was supposed to be a joke, to , but she doesn't know the effect could be more than she can imagine.

 

Yonghwa was sweating. He can felt how his shirt become sticky in his skin. His tongue felt like burned. He can endure it no more. He can faintly heard Seohyun’s mother ask if he was okay and it's the cue for him to excuse himself to the rest room.

 

Nappeun Yeoja..

 

He came back to the dinner table a while later, calm and compose. It's like nothing has happened a while ago.

 

Seohyun’s mother look at him worriedly. "Mianhae, Yonghwa-ya. Seohyun admit that she was lying about you liking spicy food. That naughty girl. Seohyun-ah, quickly apologize."

 

"Aniyo, Mrs. Seo. I know she was just teasing me. Don't get mad at her." His answer surprising himself as it was to Seohyun. He was supposed to get mad at her, and let her mother teach her - her lessons.

 

But why did he defend her?

 

“Aigoo, how come you still being nice to her after what she did to you.” Seohyun’s mother shook her head. “You were so lucky, Seohyun-ah, treat him better, okay? And you, Yonghwa, just called me ommonim from now on, oh?”

 

Suddenly Seohyun’s father blurts out laughing. Seohyun following him, laughing out loud. Yonghwa was dumbfounded at the sight.

 

What happen?

 

Seohyun’s father ask him to come clo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter